Do you think people really know they are going to die soon?

Yosyp 2012/04/29 21:43:34
Related Topics: Elderly, Coincidence, Illness
I don't mean people with a terminal illness but the elderly for example, we've had patients who say I'm going to die and in many cases they do within few weeks of saying that.

We write it off as a coincidence but do you think it's possible they somehow actually know?

• Trisha 2012/08/27 06:42:38
    Trisha
    +1
    Yes, I think some people can sense it. Thing is I suppose we cant actually know because they die without verbalising it, I have known people who had terminal illnesses and they seem to know, and thankfully they have prepared themselves and seem at peace , and mostly worry about their family who they leave behind and how they will manage.
  • Little Fawn 2012/04/30 10:53:25
    Little Fawn
    +1
    I think my aunt Mary actually knew she was going to die. Her and another one of my aunts got into a car accident and she died, but before that happened she said something that was sort of curious and sounded as if she thought something was going to happen to her. I don't remember what she said anymore though, since it was such a long time ago that this happened.
  • savanna Little ... 2013/08/09 16:43:21 (edited)
    savanna
    +3
    A very close family friend holly white & her son Jacob Armstrong died in a car wreck June 9 2013. I do think holly knew she was gonna die. That day before the wreck happen she was with friends & she took a picture & then after they took it she told them how she wanted to spread her wings & fly & that night when she went to go pick up Jacob, he was begging to stay with his cousin but it was his last night with his mom he had to go to his dads that Sunday morning & that night on there way home they had a blow out & hit a tree. So I do believe you kinda know when it's gonna happen
  • Little ... savanna 2013/08/10 08:54:55
    Little Fawn
    Crazy!
  • vithu savanna 2013/12/08 18:34:28
    vithu
    +2
    You don't think it might have been deliberate?
  • Flamingolady 2012/04/30 04:18:47
    Flamingolady
    +1
    Wow. On this I have absolutely no idea.
  • Natasha 2012/04/30 02:28:49
    Natasha
    +1
    sometimes, if you are super old than
  • Catch224u 2012/04/30 01:33:27
    Catch224u
    +1
    It's something not to think about, But if you are prepared for the hereafter, then it makes it easier.
    The White House Clinic has bewen giving warnings ever since the Obama Family has moved into the White House.
  • egyptianpharaoh 2012/04/30 00:14:52
    No, of course not, just a coincidence
    egyptianpharaoh
    +1
    no one never imagin that he is going to die in the same day or week
  • Yosyp egyptia... 2012/04/30 00:16:06
    Yosyp
    I don't know if anyone has or not
  • beach bum 2012/04/29 23:27:04
    beach bum
    +1
    if they are diagnosed with something and are told by a doctor....for example...you have so many months...etc...
  • Yosyp beach bum 2012/04/29 23:31:51
    Yosyp
    +1
    but that's not what I mean
  • beach bum Yosyp 2012/04/29 23:38:41
    beach bum
    +2
    this can be a touchy subject...i knew someone who knew they were going to die but i am not going to post information like that....way too personal
  • justnotsaying (: 2012/04/29 22:42:58
    justnotsaying (:
    +2
    I think so. Sometimes they just know. After all no one knows your body and mind as well you do(not you, but people who just know).
  • Mz Understood 2012/04/29 22:07:20
    Mz Understood
    +1
    My hubs Grandma, out of the blue, started making all her funeral arrangements so no one else would have to do it and this way she'd have the flowers she liked. She had been to the doctor and had a check up...they said everything was fine. Two months later, she died. Turns out she had bone cancer and they didn't realize it, but SHE knew something wasn't right.
  • Yosyp Mz Unde... 2012/04/29 22:32:29
    Yosyp
    +2
    We've noticed with the elderly , sometimes when a spouse dies the other will die not long after.
  • Mrkando 2012/04/29 22:01:59
    Mrkando
    +1
    My second wife, while what seemed to me to be in pretty good health, told me that she knew that she would not see her next birthday. She had suffered from diabetes for many years and had not taken care of herself as she should. She had come to except that she needed to do something so had indeed started monitoring her blood sugar levels but it had been too long and the damage was already done.

Not long after she told me this, perhaps a month, she had a heart attack. I got her to the hospital where she spent two weeks in intensive care before moving to the floor. We had hopes that with the proper rehab procedures that she could come back. While she was still there one of the doctors told me that she had so many things wrong with her that she could not predict how long she would live. I still could not believe that there was no hope.

Soon after that they stated they could do no more and moved her to a nursing home.
    She did well during the check in process and we finally got her to bed. I realized that the oxygen she was on had run out so was about to run and ask for more and she told me to get her up and into a chair. I ask why and she said pain. As I put my arms around her to help her get up she slumped. I knew before I laid her back down that she was gone.

While we never know the exact time I know from this that we can and do know when death is near. It's the one's left behind that are in denial and shocked when it happens.
  • Yosyp Mrkando 2012/04/29 22:26:59
    Yosyp
    +1
    Sorry about your wife, I don't know if this is the case with her, but I think many times people just give up,
  • Mrkando Yosyp 2012/04/30 01:34:16
    Mrkando
    This wasn't the case with her. She was quite optimistic about most things. Diabetes is a very insidious thing. You can have it for years and not really have any serious problems with it but all that time it is causing havoc to all your organs. Of course the better you care for yourself the longer those issues will not surface. She didn't and paid the price much younger than she should have even though she was 64.

My first wife and my son have it but have taken good care of themselves. She is now much older and except for the usual issues you have as you age she is still doing fine. My son developed it at age 6 and is now 42 and doing very well indeed.

Thank you for your comment.
  • lonewolf 2012/04/29 21:59:22
    lonewolf
    +1
    i do believe people know when. i have seen it too many times to doubt it.
  • Yosyp lonewolf 2012/04/29 22:34:16
    Yosyp
    +1
    I work in geriatric floor of hospital and it seems to happen a lot.
  • lonewolf Yosyp 2012/04/29 22:36:47
    lonewolf
    +1
    i bet. its something i believe in
  • YodaHead 2012/04/29 21:51:16
    No, of course not, just a coincidence
    YodaHead
    +1
    Although some people may ... I'm staying in bed today now ....
  • Yosyp YodaHead 2012/04/29 21:52:51
    Yosyp
    lol, you should get up and enjoy life
  • YodaHead Yosyp 2012/04/29 21:59:12
    YodaHead
    +1
    :) been up working for two hrs already!! ;)
    +1
    some my Mom had a notion

2014/10/25 16:32:34