Do you think men buy guns and cars to compensate for being "small"?

QueliKelly 2009/11/10 21:06:12
Definitely.
Probably
Not at all
Other...
Unless you are actively in the army, what need do you have for big guns or a gigantic car? What´s the sex life like for Hummer owners and NRA members?

• TattooedBeauty 2009/11/10 21:18:01
    Other...
    TattooedBeauty
    +3
    hmm. some perhaps. But my husband has three cars (A charger,and two ford 250s) and he is more than "Big" enough.

• Edward Dongres 2014/05/21 14:47:16
    Not at all
    Edward Dongres
    Why do you think cops carry guns?
    Did you wrestle a black bear before? Today or 100 years ago only an idiot is known going to wilderness unarmed. Some like Tim Treadwell and his naïve girlfriend are already eaten by bears. It's a Charles Darwin world. Idiots are prevented from procreating.
  • Iman Azol 2012/08/22 05:46:14
    Not at all
    Iman Azol
    If you think I'm compensating, I'll be happy to do an in person demonstration.

So, what is this obsession with penis size you have? It seems to be of significance to you. Something you want to tell us?
  • Jazzy 2012/07/02 04:34:15
    Not at all
    Jazzy
    I own guns and most of my friends own guns and most of them also have bigger SUVs. I do not at all think that any of them are compensating for something.
  • bobby 2012/07/01 20:54:07 (edited)
    Other...
    bobby
    +1
    i can't speak for others. I prefer smaller cars because they are more involving in corners and nip around other traffic. Driving on the edge is an absolute thrill in them.

Larger cars on the other hand feel uninvolving and cumbersome.

As for guns, I'd rather have a decent crossbow.
  • Eccles bobby 2012/07/02 08:03:25
    Eccles
    +1
    Slingshot?
    The mighty pen?
    Slingshot
  • bobby Eccles 2012/07/03 13:52:49
    bobby
    +1
    Haha.
    Do you think there might be a gap in the market for a semi-automatic whiteboard marker?
  • Eccles bobby 2012/07/03 14:28:02
    Eccles
    +1
    Just the thing for those boring seminars.
    Blah Blah Blah Rhubarb Rhubarb Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Rat a Tat Tat
    Yep, think there could be an opportunity there.
    Marker pens
  • RobHom 2012/07/01 13:38:37
    Not at all
    RobHom
    I know some liberal pinkos that own guns....women...and a couple of them drive Hummers, because they think they intimidate other drivers.

Me, I own guns...3 to be exact, 2 handguns, 1 12 gauge shotgun... I even reload my own ammo... I used to shoot as a hobby, and I hunted....and I cooked and ate what I killed. I prefer smaller cars...though I did have a Dodge Ram 3500 Quad-cab Diesel Dually....big pickup truck....but my wife was the one that chose it...LOLOLOL!! Now a days...I keep the guns for protection....

Oh, by the way...I've never had any complaints about size...style, or duration... :->
  • ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~ 2012/07/01 12:37:09
    Not at all
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    LOL ..... shaking my head.
  • Tasine 2012/07/01 12:19:55
    Not at all
    Tasine
    +1
    They buy cars for transportation and guns for protection, hunting, collecting, and mere fun. I own guns and I am not a man. Actually everyone I know owns guns and I am grateful they do. When I am being threatened, every one of those people would come to help me. Best friends in the world to have.
  • Eccles 2012/07/01 12:02:06
    Definitely.
    Eccles
    +1
    But that is just what I think, that at least is what I am entitled to do.
    Looking at the "defensive" reply's the "little" problem seems obvious.
  • RobHom Eccles 2012/07/01 13:59:31
    RobHom
    +1
    And yet you are obsessed with motorcycles and cars.... A tad bit hypocritical, yes?
  • Eccles RobHom 2012/07/02 07:42:30 (edited)
    Eccles
    Hell never thought of it that way but the "obsession" - "like", with me is not about image but a genuine "love" of the machine.
    "love" implying "like" cannot love an object that is insanity.
    So I was presumptuous in my answer often am, this observation cant be applied to all but you must admit that some are compensating for something .
    If you saw the car I drive you could shake your head, 26 years old with a great patch of rust on the trunk lid.
    And could observe what does that car say about that fellow. I don't care, get the point' it is a thing a tool. It is not me it qualifies me in my "existence" not at all.
    It is the "arrogance" that goes along with the "possession" that the observation was meant to imply.
    Thanks for pointing this out.
  • RobHom Eccles 2012/07/02 12:11:44
    RobHom
    +1
    :->.... I know where you are coming from.... The only requirements I have ever had as far as vehicles go is: Does it work, does it do so halway economically, and does the freaking air conditioning work (I live in FL). I have friends who are obsessed with having an expensive Mercedes or whatnot...and the biggest house witht the pool, the beach condo, the whatever... Me, no....more concerned actually about NOT being noticed. Life simpler that way....and I drive an 8 year old mini-van....
  • Eccles RobHom 2012/07/02 12:40:34
    Eccles
    +1
    Thanks it sure is simpler this way.
  • RobHom Eccles 2012/07/02 13:40:04
    RobHom
    +1
    It certainly is....
  • MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/06/30 20:07:58
    Definitely.
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +1
    Yes, I fully believe that some men do.. Just as when they (some) have that holier than thou attitude or oh I'm so hot thought process....llittle boy :)
  • Eccles MlssCue... 2012/07/01 12:03:48
    Eccles
    +1
    Nice one. Ain't that a fact. :-)
  • RobHom MlssCue... 2012/07/01 13:39:51
    RobHom
    +1
    And women don't?? Or are you just a female chauvinist pig?
  • MlssCue... RobHom 2012/07/01 15:41:40
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +1
    Don't what? Buy things to compensate for having a small penis? I'd hope not.
  • RobHom MlssCue... 2012/07/01 22:24:36
    RobHom
    +1
    Come now...you know what I was talking about.... The biggest diamond on the block, the nicest car on the block, the biggest house on the block, the designer clothes, the membership at the country club, the hottest pool boy in the neighborhood, big shot in the women's clubs, president of the PTA, having the best plastic surgeon to do their face lifts and tummy tucks?

Please dear....women may not compensate for small penis's....but they sure as hell like to jam lots of other crap in everyone else's ear.....
  • MlssCue... RobHom 2012/07/02 01:11:21
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    I don't have any of the above mentioned, therefore I can not answer your question.
  • RobHom MlssCue... 2012/07/02 01:45:14
    RobHom
    +1
    Yeah, OK....but you know what I speak of.... :->
  • MlssCue... RobHom 2012/07/02 01:55:50
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    I'm not trying to be difficult, I really do not know what you are speaking of?
  • Dermot 2010/05/03 12:08:58
    Not at all
    Dermot
    +1
    No - I have a big old Cadillac as a daily driver, a black belt in karate and 4 guns and I am 6' 2" and weigh 180 pounds. Small cars are for small men.
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2009/11/15 13:21:17
    Definitely.
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +1
    Men who have to wear their masculinity on their sleeve are afraid of their latent homosexuality showing.

...in other words....that's why right wing conservative men have to wear their masculinity on their sleeve...
  • Dermot I'm Lef... 2010/03/15 09:50:16
    Dermot
    +2
    You sound like a wimp!
  • RobHom I'm Lef... 2012/07/01 13:40:39
    RobHom
    Do you huff oven cleaner too?
  • coffee man 2009/11/10 22:53:21
    Probably
    coffee man
    In many ways I'm sure it's true. I've never ever ever understood that mentality in a guy though, so I can't relate.
    I will say one thing. This notion seems to be a double standard toward men. Do they buy big guns/cars becasue of a small prick? Do they buy the hot rod/date the 25 year old because of a mid life crisis, etc. Yet when a woman decides she wants a big ring, or a dress or that she wants to go back to school or start new hobbies it has nothing to do with compensation or her midlife crisis.
    In these situations men are very often demeaned by saying they are compensating for something just so the person accusing them of this can feel better about themselves.
  • Tasine coffee man 2012/07/01 12:26:28
    Tasine
    +1
    What you are describing is compliments of the National Organization for Women. It was a big movement in the '60's and in order for them to feel feminine they had to destroy the masculine mystique - I think because that masculine mystique described the NOW group so much, and they wanted the attention away from their masculinity. I don't know a single woman who is mentally healthy who has ever given them the time of day.

Most of us love our men and appreciate them and are grateful for them.
  • kevracer 2009/11/10 21:58:15
    Definitely.
    kevracer
    +2
    yep, I drive a smart car and do not own a gun. By the way, I wear a size 16 shoe and people always remark about how huge my hands are. smart car gun wear 16 shoe people remark huge hands
  • Dermot kevracer 2010/03/15 09:48:12
    Dermot
    +1
    Pansy car!
  • Eccles Dermot 2012/07/01 12:07:55
    Eccles
    Nope!
    Pansy car
  • Eccles kevracer 2012/07/01 11:57:00
    Eccles
    Nice One!
  • lonewolf 2009/11/10 21:25:55
    Not at all
    lonewolf
    for one i hunt. and the car bit i got it because i like them. has nothing to do with the other. i have had no complants
  • QueliKelly lonewolf 2009/11/10 21:30:49 (edited)
    QueliKelly
    is a big gun necessary for hunting? wouldn´t any old rifle do?

really i was thinking about the people who own multiple guns and never even take them off the wall.
  • lonewolf QueliKelly 2009/11/10 21:35:16
    lonewolf
    i don't have any on the walls. yes we have to use high powerd rifles here.
  • Dermot QueliKelly 2010/03/15 09:48:48
    Dermot
    +2
    Have you multiple coffee cups? Multiple anything? Why?
  • RobHom QueliKelly 2012/07/01 13:53:08
    RobHom
    It depends on what you are hunting. If you go boar hunting....you don't do it with a 22 short handgun.... If you are going pheasant hunting you don't do it with a 22 either.

Perhaps, you should learn more about the subject before you make yourself look foolish.

Did you own more than one doll? Did you own more than one figurine that sat on a shelf?
    Did you ever take them down off the shelf?

Same difference... Some people collect rocks, some collect beer coasters from Europe, some collect match books....

Here's what you need to do....invest in a Winchester 770 with a caliber of 270...learn how to shoot...you'd be surprised at how challenging it is...especially hitting center rings at over 400 yards.....

Also, you could probably say that for some men...a large gun collection is a status thing among his peers.....kind of like a woman from a poor family marrying a doctor or dentist or a lawyer....or a rich man....then wearing furs, diamonds, and driving a big Mercedes.
  • runningintriangles 2009/11/10 21:18:19
    Other...
    runningintriangles
    +2
    I'm sure many do.

But I also know men who hunt, and therefore need a big gun, and some sort of truck to carry their kill home. That's a little different though, that's putting dinner on the table.

2014/10/01 14:16:43