Do you think it's wrong to send little girls to beauty pageants?

Elisa ✦ Knockout™ 2011/12/06 22:11:37

SLIDESHOW: Do you think this is right?

1 of 1

Do you see happiness?

I don't...
  1. Do you see happiness?

Do you see happiness?

I don't...

It's should be considered child abuse?
I can do what i want it's my kid even if i deny if my kids happy!
Well i think?
I think it's sooo wrong and demeaning especially if it's a mother promoting it. What do you think?

• Joe61 2011/12/06 22:31:52
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Joe61
    +5
    Allowing children to take part in beauty pageants is exploitation and exposes them to all sorts of dangers.

• Dave The Canuck 2012/07/27 01:19:03
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Dave The Canuck
    And this question could do without the movie.
  • Ruby aka Baby Tinks 2011/12/10 12:06:24 (edited)
    Well i think?
    Ruby aka Baby Tinks
    YES, of course child beauty pageants are proposterous and intolerable! Sure, some of the "lucky" ones recieve prizes and money and yadda yadda yadda, but what about their childhood? Their self-esteem? Their self- image? Because of these pageants, little girls grow too fast! The make-up they wear, the costumes.....it's alarming to even think all the stess they have to go through. And displaying your daughter to let her know that she has to be "beautiful" in order to get what she wants and win? No, no, no! That is not how she should be raised. The main point is, I'm not peckering on those who loves child beauty pageants; if you go for them, do as you wish, but just try to think of the outcomes this will bring for you and your daughter. Oh, did I mention the money costs? I recently wrote an essay about this issue, but I'll just stop here with my basic
    information.
    BELIEVE***
  • MYSTIC MYSTIQUE 2011/12/09 20:37:37
    Well i think?
    MYSTIC MYSTIQUE
    girls dressin up like woman is not really proper.....but if the girl likes to be pampered and think looks get you places then guess its alright but I wouldnt pressure my daughter with pageants Id just make her feel beautiful and reward her myself for her looks :)
  • Jason Krajniak 2011/12/09 03:09:03
    Well i think?
    Jason Krajniak
    +1
    it's a bad idea, because they're to young for them.
  • Tamara McMillan 2011/12/08 16:37:13
    Well i think?
    Tamara McMillan
    +1
    I personally do think it borders on Child abuse and is a parent trying to live out their own personal wants thru their child. . . BUT MAYBE there are exceptions.(Thou I doubt it)
    I think it is sick and make-up should not be used until puberty age . . . if then. It is BAD for the skin for starters and the list of wrongs go on and on and on.
  • Shirley 2011/12/07 18:02:54
  • Aaron 2011/12/07 15:16:38
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Aaron
    +1
    this beauty contest are making little girls to have everything perfect when they grow up
  • Nikki<3 2011/12/07 15:06:30
    Well i think?
    Nikki<3
    I think it should be up to the child. Its only wrong if they are being forced to participate in the pageants.
  • Schizophrenic_Subject 2011/12/07 14:07:19
    Well i think?
    Schizophrenic_Subject
    Not child abuse, but it's bad in my opinion. It teaches children to value appearance before anything and the children that don't win may begin to feel inadequate, especially if parents berate them afterwards or talk about money/time wasted. The beauty pageant winners sometimes end up being mean girls; I've witnessed it myself a few times. I don't approve of them when the girls are so young.
  • Scott 2011/12/07 13:01:38
    Well i think?
    Scott
    I basically don't agree with it. Does the child ever get a say in it?
  • RosaG 2011/12/07 12:01:21
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    RosaG
    +2
    It's horrible! Those children look so sad!
    They also look terrible with all that make-up and those fake smiles.These precious children are supposed to look like happy little girls.
  • Playerazzi 2011/12/07 07:38:57
    Well i think?
    Playerazzi
    +1
    Ewww. I wouldn't go so far as to call it child abuse, but it's not healthy.
  • Fannie 2011/12/07 03:52:31
    Well i think?
    Fannie
    +1
    It's not okay.......
  • Carson 2011/12/07 03:37:04
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Carson
    +3
    They are children and have a "right" to there childhood.
  • Ben 10- P.H.A.E.T 2011/12/07 03:29:31
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Ben 10- P.H.A.E.T
    +2
    Its a terrible thing...
  • RobHom 2011/12/07 03:16:32
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    RobHom
    +2
    Sick, sick, sick, sick.......pedophile's dream....
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2011/12/07 03:13:58
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +3
    I think it's horrible. It encourages little girls to grow up into shallow, materialistic brats. What kind of mother would force her child to do that? None of those girls look happy in that video.
  • Kashee 2011/12/07 03:02:27
    Well i think?
    Kashee
    I think that is a family decision. It's not my thing, but it's their children.
  • Pat 2011/12/07 02:21:21
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    +4
    I look at these children on tv and think the look so miserable and I ask myself why are these mothers pushing these little girls to dress up like 30 yr old women? The children don't look happy, they look miserable. This is all about the mother's who never got their chance to be beauty queens and now their daughters are paying for it.
  • Vision of Verve 2011/12/07 02:05:53
  • Kari 2011/12/07 02:02:06
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Kari
    +1
    if my parents tried that when i was little i know i would have done a really emberrasing thing so they wouldn't do it again
  • Dawn 2011/12/07 02:00:30
    Well i think?
    Dawn
    +2
    It's okay to a certain extent. If the child enjoys it then there's not much harm in it, but I'd never put my kid in a padgent. I find it creepy as hell how these parents dress them up like living barbie dolls and mini adults. They're kids! Let them be kids.
    Seeing this makes me think of an episode of "Bones" I saw. One little girl contestant killed the other. I don't remember why, but it was something to do with the padgent and her saying something mean to her about her apperance.

Mothers that force their kids to partake in beauty padgents should get a whoopin'. It's like they missed out on their chance at beauty padgents so they're living through their kids when they force them to compete. It's sad and sickening any parent would put their child through this if they don't want to do it.
    I think beauty padgents promote low self-esteem, much like beauty magazines. They both teach girls you're not enough unless you're this, this and that and MAYBE THEN you're pretty.
  • Lorelei Lee 2011/12/07 01:28:22
    Well i think?
    Lorelei Lee
    I would put my child in a pageant. I wanted to be in one when I was little. I would put them in small non glitz pageants though. I would let them do pageants as long as they want to keep doing it. I never would put them in the ones that is on t.v.
  • Spider 2011/12/07 01:24:10
    Well i think?
    Spider
    +1
    I have a young daughter. She is very beautiful and doesn't need all that make up and hair products to make her so. A pageant shouldn't be wrong, but some of the things I am sure they do to those girls is. If it is what the girl wants, that's one thing. If it is what the mother wants, it's another.
  • Gordon 2011/12/07 00:55:55
    It's should be considered child abuse?
    Gordon
    +1
    It teaches young girls that physical beauty is all important. How shallow of such mothers and fathers. Such parents have horrible values.
  • Níl mé leat 2011/12/07 00:51:01
    Well i think?
    Níl mé leat
    It's wrong to put them in those "glitz" pageants. I do have a younger cousin who has been in a few child pageants and she has loved them. The pageants do not encourage "false beauty" by way of heavy make-up (a little blush and lip gloss and nail polish is fine, not needed), fake hair, and other insturments to alter the child look.
    Some pageants can be good for children, others can be detrimental such as the glitz ones. I would never put my child in a pageant like one of thoes or encourage anyone to put thier child in one. There is no way it can good for thier mental well being.
  • Elisa ✦... Níl mé ... 2011/12/07 00:57:46
    Elisa ✦ Knockout™
    Bless you :)
  • I NEED A HORSE 2011/12/07 00:40:50
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2011/12/07 00:38:11
    Well i think?
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    I can only say I wouldn't do it.
  • rand 2011/12/07 00:27:42
    Well i think?
    rand
    You'll have to pardon me for not watching the video. The sexualization of little girls is revolting to me, but I still wouldn't outlaw these beauty pageants. Loss of freedom isn't justified.
  • Well i think?
    υяsυℓα  vεηgεαηcε ►нαя∂ cσяε sтяαιgнт ε∂gε◄
    +1
    It's terrible that at such a young age, people are exposing their kids to the idea that beauty is only external.
  • ❤Runaway❤ 2011/12/06 23:24:24
    Well i think?
    ❤Runaway❤
    It's fine to a certain extent.
  • Alexis 2011/12/06 23:24:10
    Well i think?
    Alexis
    It's not child abuse, but I would never enter my daughter or son if I had kids. I think it makes kids grow up way before they should, they are wearing pounds of makeup, fake hair, fake nails, fake teeth. There's nothing beautiful about a little girl looking more mature that a 30 yr old women. Most the girls and boys in them are spoiled, and brats. Most parents are also just doing it for the money.
  • sky blue pink - American 2011/12/06 23:21:31
    Well i think?
    sky blue pink - American
    it's really sad. These sweet little angels are being used by their parents. Let these little girls be just that, Little Girls.
    Have a good one !
  • debadow 2011/12/06 23:16:58
    Well i think?
    debadow
    Fake
  • angel face 2011/12/06 23:14:31
    Well i think?
    angel face
    +3
    i think its wrong. it looks so disgusting. little kids trying to act like they are adults. its wrong
  • sara 2011/12/06 23:10:51
  • TMan 2011/12/06 22:57:21
  • katt 2011/12/06 22:49:14
    Well i think?
    katt
    +2
    if they weren't dressed up in all that make up made to look like they were older and it was more for children to build self esteem then i would say maybe. i entered my daughter in a beautiful baby contest 29 years ago when i pulled her out even though up to that point she was coming in 2nd because the final vote was based on how many tickets you sold. that pissed me off.
  • Elisa ✦... katt 2011/12/06 22:50:45
    Elisa ✦ Knockout™
    Wow.

2014/04/18 05:45:48