Do You Think It's Still Harder to Be a Woman?

HAHAJKDOTCOM 2012/07/12 20:00:00
Women still have it rough. Here is how you get through it all.

HAHAJK.COM reports:
HAHAJK.com offers a survival guide to women in these trying times.
hahajk reports hahajk offers survival guide women times

Read More: http://hahajk.com/lifestyle/nora-ephron-rape-the-a...

• Bibliophilic 2012/07/13 23:08:21
    Yes, but it is getting better
    Bibliophilic
    +23
    Yes, the majority of men don't have to think of the possibility of being raped when walking to the car. Also, men can expect to be paid what they're worth, unless theres another form of discrimination at hand. It's easier to be a man in the workplace, especially a single man. Single women do not often receive the respect that single men do. Women are expected to 'let men down easily' and always be receptive to their advances, but the same is not said of men. When a woman wants to have sex with different people she is called a slut, but most of the time it's accepted for a man to do so. It's easier to be a man, unless you already face discrimination based on race or sexuality etc.

• ⚥Κόζμω ... dimwit 2012/07/16 18:45:02
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    Goes both ways, some womyn 'milk the system' while others are exploited.

The Femnist saw goes: "All Men are potential Rapists"

Yes, but…

"All Womyn are potential Femme Fatales"

is the other shoe dropping.
  • Wonder ... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/07/17 15:52:02
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Wonder ... 2012/07/18 09:02:51
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +2
    Wasn't saying it was symmetrical (by 20?), just proving that both are invalid.
    If we disciplined our men better, give women reproductive control, prophylactic measures and discard the institutional paranoia about (recreational) sex, there would be more intergender respect.
  • Wonder ... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/07/18 16:18:20
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Wonder ... 2012/07/20 06:01:23
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    "The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it actually occured" - George Bernard Shaw

Now try it with brains that have been raised awash in different mixtures of hormones.
  • kepowell ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/07/20 22:07:31
    kepowell
    +1
    I like your style Kozmo.
  • ikeman227 2012/07/16 15:30:27
    No, everybody gets a fair shake
    ikeman227
    +1
    Girls have it hard but they don't know how hard it is to hide a boner in public. Lol
  • xcheshi... ikeman227 2012/07/16 15:32:45 (edited)
    xcheshirecat
    +4
    getting your periods out of nowhere in public is even worse
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... xcheshi... 2012/07/16 18:51:21
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    Touché!

But both you & the above dude can 'cover up' with baggy clothing, & a prophylactic panty liner could prevent 'revelations'.
  • xcheshi... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/07/16 19:46:59
    xcheshirecat
    +2
    if you were a woman, you would know it's not a good thing to wear panty liner if you're not on your period

Baggy clothing isn't sexy at all, I like having a sex life
  • MetallKaos xcheshi... 2012/07/16 21:06:54
    MetallKaos
    Periods aren't totally unpredictable, not by the day at least. You might have to wear panty liner a little bit longer than you might want, but it is obviously a huge relief when it does help you out of embarrassing situations. And perhaps a sex life is nice, but you bleed through your sexy clothes, you are still in trouble. Besides, I am sure there are plenty of men around you that don't care if you wear looser pants, I am sure you could get by AND get off.
  • xcheshi... MetallKaos 2012/07/16 22:06:11
    xcheshirecat
    not mine, they aren't predictable at all. If I don't take my pills, I'll bleed 40 days on 60... randomly

if I take my pill, I can go for 3 months without, the other times 6 months. after that, it can be 4.

Men that don't care how I look usually don't care how they look. I don't sleep with that
  • MetallKaos xcheshi... 2012/07/17 14:21:38
    MetallKaos
    I am not saying that they don't care how you look, I am just saying that I am sure that plenty of men wouldn't mind if you had slightly looser pants. Either way, it is actually none of my business, but if it was a real problem, I am sure that you would take more care into preventing it.
  • xcheshi... MetallKaos 2012/07/17 22:12:12 (edited)
    xcheshirecat
    you need really baggy pants if you don't want blood on it. Try peeing with a "slightly looser pant" and give me news

How could you prevent that? For now, I'm luckier than in my teens, when stupid teachers would stop us from going to the bathroom. I usually can get to a bathroom in time now. But I still have to put some panties in the trash in the year, when they were still nice and sometimes new
  • kepowell MetallKaos 2012/07/20 22:08:54
    kepowell
    Periods aren't predictable to a day or so. Hormones and events sometimes change that. Also some women are very predictable and some never get regular plus everything in between.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... xcheshi... 2012/07/18 09:09:02 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    Plead ignorance but found them useful for anal fissures & minor IBS.

I'd think most blokes would have decent 'Domain Mastery' by the time they attain Age of Consent. Good trick to 'Lower the Boom' is to pee through it.
  • xcheshi... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/07/18 14:11:24
  • sherzad.sayde 2012/07/16 15:21:16
    Yes, but it is getting better
    sherzad.sayde
    hi
  • New Yorker 2012/07/16 15:20:19
    Yes, but it is getting better
    New Yorker
    +1
    I'll be optimistic here!
  • Kingarthurup 2012/07/16 15:13:44
    Yes, but it is getting better
    Kingarthurup
    +1
    Women are getting smarter... some actually will vote against the liberal socialist this year.
  • lkreu 2012/07/16 15:13:30
    Yes, but it is getting better
    lkreu
    +1
    Yes, because most men can just go to work and come home and maybe do the lawn and do a few chores. I for one, clean and straighten up the house b/f I leave for work, work full time, stop at the store on the way home or any other errand that needs to be done, then feed the dogs, make dinner, clean up and then maybe you can sit down. My mother in law always said "its a man's world" and boy oh boy is she right!
  • 3kidsandamom 2012/07/16 15:03:21 (edited)
    No, everybody gets a fair shake
    3kidsandamom
    +4
    No one was promised a fair life, it's all what what we make of it. Gender doesn't make someone's life easier or harder it can be equally difficult for men and women.. I personally feel it all depends on what is really important to the individual. Do you allow the world to drag you down or have you learned how to be content with life taking the good with the bad knowing you are doing the best you can to succeed everyday in whatever you set out to do.

BTW, all those complaining that women have it harder because we are raped, abused, or dominated more need to remember that the 2nd amendment applies to women as well as men. A small handgun that you know how to use in self defense becomes a wonderful equalizer in many circumstances!
  • Kitty 3kidsan... 2012/07/16 21:51:10
    Kitty
    Thank you for this comment. I don't like when women complain about being a woman. I am a woman, and I love being a woman. I'm proud of it. People should be proud of who they are, and realize that no matter what gender, race, etc. they are, it shouldn't make them bitter, because everyone has things that they struggle with.
  • 3kidsan... Kitty 2012/07/16 22:52:10
    3kidsandamom
    +1
    I agree when women stop playing the victim and realize they are just as strong as anyone else then life along with its struggles become easier to deal with just by changing your mentality on how you will handle any problems.
  • Kitty 3kidsan... 2012/07/26 00:17:02
    Kitty
    +1
    Also, I think when a woman talks about how “awful” it is being a woman, she is being sexist against herself, and then she wonders why she gets a bad reputation. I will never understand why some people need to sabotage themselves.
  • Sass 2012/07/16 14:59:37
    Yes, men are keeping them down
    Sass
    +3
    A woman/wife/mother is the hardest job in the world, especially if she is a woman working outside the home, because her worktime doesn't stop when her day job ends. It's pretty much the same for a stay-at-home Mom, it's a 24 hour a day job!!!
  • TheBorg Sass 2012/07/16 23:53:34
    TheBorg
    The responsibilities of the home falls on all adults living in the home and even the children if they are old enough to take on the responsibility. If your spouse's work day ends at 5pm, and your work day continues 24/7 then you married a selfish loser. Even if you are a stay at home mom, the spouse has equal responsibility to contribute to the chores required to run a home. While he is at work, you are working, so that means there are 16 hours of work left in the day that needs to be shared equally.
    chores required run home work working 16 work shared equally
  • Sass TheBorg 2012/07/17 16:09:53
    Sass
    What universe do you live in????
  • TheBorg Sass 2012/07/17 22:23:02
    TheBorg
    Are you suggesting that equal responsibility for the household among adults living there is never the case?
    suggesting equal responsibility household adults living case
    Like I said, if you married someone who thinks he is not responsible for contributing to the household and that he only needs to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week while you work 24/7 then you married a loser and that is not my fault. I am just telling it as it should be.
  • w2xad 2012/07/16 14:58:11
    No, everybody gets a fair shake
    w2xad
    +2
    If we were to walk in each other bodies for a month or two this question would totally laid to rest. A mans life is not easier.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/07/16 14:56:17
    Yes, but it is getting better
    heirsoftheking
    +1
    Forget all that other stuff. Women have to spend a lot more time than us men to make themselves beautiful. It takes time to put make-up on, fix the hair, polish the nails, and so on. Plus, there's all the clothes and accessories.

(After 20 yrs of marriage, I have no complaints about the time my wife spends to make herself "presentable" as she says.)
  • Carrie heirsof... 2012/07/16 16:31:59
    Carrie
    You're right and it's a pain in the butt.
  • MetallKaos heirsof... 2012/07/16 21:11:56
    MetallKaos
    +1
    My fiancee doesn't wear makeup or nail polish, and she is still very pretty. And my hair is just as long as hers, and I probably take longer with my hair than she does. In the end, it is just a matter of perspective, and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. If you don't think you are pretty, someone else in the world does, and it just takes time to find them.
  • Kitty MetallKaos 2012/07/24 20:22:51
    Kitty
    That is so true. I'm tired of people saying that women only look good with makeup and that they have to try harder than men to look good. It's nice to see comments like yours. People should be more positive and not make stereotypes.
  • Proud 2012/07/16 14:53:05
  • Brenda 2012/07/16 14:41:24
    Yes, men are keeping them down
    Brenda
    I WOULDN'T KNOW! WHY? BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BEEN A MAN!
  • boltfox20 2012/07/16 14:38:02
    No, everybody gets a fair shake
    boltfox20
    +4
    There are problems on both sides. If a woman tries to live in a "man's world" they will have problems. Similarly, if a man tries to live in a "woman's world" they will have just as many problems.

There are many problems women face that are tougher than what a man faces. Rape is one of these problems. Men aren't raped nearly as often as women. However, on the other side of the coin, men are constantly treated like scum and brutes and are rarely seen as anything more than the muscle of the species.

Men are given more jobs and higher wages but are expected to work harder. Women aren't expected to be able to keep up, but are always seen as the victim.

The problems vary greatly from one gender to the other, but the average level of problems is consistent between the two. Men and women are generally equal, and I always debate online to try to keep it that way.
  • Aksana 2012/07/16 13:44:54
    No, everybody gets a fair shake
    Aksana
  • Guido 2012/07/16 12:27:56
    Yes, but it is getting better
    Guido
    +1
    I think many women in leadership roles try to hard and make rash decisions, never a good thing...but all in all they work harder than most men
  • Farah 2012/07/16 12:18:19
    Yes, but it is getting better
    Farah
    +1
    OMG Women have to gol through much more than men !!!

2014/10/23 04:54:09