Do you think it's fair that rich people have to ask the lower class to donate while they just stand on TV with their nice clothes, fancy cars & big house?

musiclover92 2012/07/08 23:47:45
I see this all the time, a rich person comes on TV & asks people to support their so called "favorite organization", & they ask for donations like 20-50 dollars, & i'm like "are u serious, you're rich, we're poor, lot's of people work 2-3 jobs just to feed their families, & you want them to feed another?"

no
    no, I don't, particularly when they ask for money for causes that only benefit the wealthier sectors!
  • KoAm 2012/07/09 00:26:24
    yes
    KoAm
    It's called freedom of speech, and if you don't like it, you can always change the channel.

I'm sure that those rich people donate lots and lots of money to the organizations that they do those TV spots for. You seem to think that they don't donate themselves, but how do you know they don't?

Again, if you don't like it, just change the channel. And if you don't want to give money to whatever organization they're plugging, then just don't.

Nobody's forcing you to do anything, so stop acting like they are.
  • musiclo... KoAm 2012/08/08 23:32:15
    musiclover92
    they're going to catch me on every channel then i have to turn off the TV, now they advertising on the internet
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/07/08 23:55:37
    undecided
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    My skepticism kicks in when I see those commercials. I wonder if they do those pet causes for the same reason Michael Jordan pushes Hanes... The comps.
    undecided
    Life is not Fair life is not fair
  • esteeopolis 2012/07/08 23:50:24
    undecided
    esteeopolis
    It's all about branding. Who says they aren't helping?
  • musiclover92 2012/07/08 23:49:46
    no
    musiclover92
    ok, i don't understand, they're rich, why are they asking poor people to donate to other poor people?
  • KoAm musiclo... 2012/07/09 00:27:55
    KoAm
    The vast majority of people watching the TV spot are not poor -- they're middle class. Around 98% of the population is middle-class.

The operative word there is "asking." They are ASKING people to help. They are not FORCING or PRESSURING anyone to help. And they have every right to. Questioning their motives is out of bounds.

2014/09/02 08:02:25