Do you think Homosexuals should be allowed to marry?

Drachen 2011/06/07 08:47:58
Related Topics: State, homosexual
Should homosexuals be allowed to marry all over the United States?

• GOD 2011/06/07 08:57:42
    Yes. I believe they should!
    GOD
    +4
    I don't care I think its a privacy thing no one should care what a old book of fairy tales says

• Party Boy [A7X Bat] 2011/07/20 08:41:47
    Yes. I believe they should!
    Party Boy [A7X Bat]
    Seriously, why not. Anti-gay extremists always say, "don't shove your beliefs down our throats!" Well how about they stop being hypocrites and shoving their anti-gay beliefs down our throats?
  • NattiFan (oYo) 2011/06/15 13:29:06
    Yes. I believe they should!
    NattiFan (oYo)
    yes.
  • Shrimp 2011/06/14 17:41:31
    Yes. I believe they should!
    Shrimp
    In my opinion, love is love and it shouldn't be denied for anyone. Just because some tunnel-minded people don't think it's 'right' doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. What's so wrong about it? Why shouldn't it be allowed?
  • MangaGurl 2011/06/10 18:33:14
    Yes. I believe they should!
    MangaGurl
    If you love someone i believe it doesn't matter what gender, what belief, or the color of their skin.
  • Flowers 2011/06/08 15:45:34
    Yes. I believe they should!
    Flowers
    It's a legal union between two consenting adults. There should never have been a block, but then again historically women have been persecuted and blocked from doing and saying what they feel FAR longer then homosexuals (as far back as 2,000 BC women's rights were extremely limited while during the same time period homosexuality was open, freely practiced and widely accepted until the rise of christianity centuries later)
  • ScrooBius pip 2011/06/08 12:56:04
    Yes. I believe they should!
    ScrooBius pip
    of course they should.
  • kmullican 2011/06/08 06:05:19
    Yes. I believe they should!
    kmullican
    DUH!
  • Dr. Ingbert 2011/06/08 03:50:58
    Yes. I believe they should!
    Dr. Ingbert
    Of course,
  • AwesomeAtheist 2011/06/08 00:49:36
    Yes. I believe they should!
    AwesomeAtheist
    +1
    equal rights ftw
  • BackRoadz 2011/06/08 00:43:32
    Yes. I believe they should!
    BackRoadz
    +1
    Gay people are people just like anyone else and should have that same right to marry if they choose to do so
  • lucythetooth 2011/06/07 23:06:35
    Yes. I believe they should!
    lucythetooth
    +2
    You love who you love. Gender doesn't matter. Two people who want to get married should be able to.
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2011/06/07 21:58:09
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +2
    Equal rights for all. equal rights I support same sex marriage
  • Jana~ una chica loca 2011/06/07 20:05:32
    Yes. I believe they should!
    Jana~ una chica loca
    +1
    YES!!!
  • wombat 2011/06/07 19:59:02
    No. I believe they shouldn't!
    wombat
    Makes no sense.
  • Melicio... wombat 2011/06/07 21:58:36
  • wombat Melicio... 2011/06/07 23:49:33
    wombat
    well I said it on other poll that marriage relates to higher purpose as of offspring security.
    Its simply a boundary for a purpose above love. There is actually no reason for anyone to marry unless there is a kid involved. I would like to see a politic acknowledging that fact before this whole thing becomes a total farce. How about marriage as child license or something like that.
  • Melicio... wombat 2011/06/07 23:55:00
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +3
    Hmm.. so by that reasoning, infertile people and those of certain age should not be able to legally marry either?
  • wombat Melicio... 2011/06/07 23:58:25
    wombat
    Not necessary. Not everyone has the right to call themselves Doctor or engineer. You need qualification. Its about value of a title not just right a equality.
  • Melicio... wombat 2011/06/08 00:08:37
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +3
    Not true. Being a Doctor does not come with extra legal benefits. Being married does. By denying a group of people these rights it is discrimination.

You said... marriage should be for the "higher purpose as of offspring security" and that there is no reason for a person to get married unless there is a child involved.

Infertile couples have no children, and people after a certain age usually do not have children, so by your reasoning, it should be illegal for them as well.
  • wombat Melicio... 2011/06/08 00:10:53
    wombat
    They benefits are installed because of the costs of the offspring.
  • Melicio... wombat 2011/06/08 00:13:09
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +2
    Not true. Because people with out offspring who are married receive those same benefits.

Insurance to your spouse.
    Health and emergency decisions.
    Inheritance..

many of these have nothing to do with children.
  • wombat Melicio... 2011/06/08 11:55:54
    wombat
    Yes times have changed and as I said if they want the purpose of marriage going they need to refuse to give this right to anyone w/o offspring on the road.
    Like I said in the beginning, it makes no sense to marry without having a reason to do so.
  • carl wombat 2011/06/12 04:51:37
  • wombat carl 2011/06/13 12:08:51 (edited)
  • carl wombat 2011/06/14 05:19:11
  • wombat carl 2011/06/14 13:47:25
    wombat
    Well I figure you need to learn a bit about reason and history of marriage. There is something important you need to ad some sense to this contract.
    Love is something you have for a while and its function is defined to a) make babies and b) love/care for them no matter what. Love between adults dont last very long that is a known fact for thousands of years. So marriage was established to make a deal between parents ABOVE love in order to secure the future of the baby nothing else. The tax cuts are established because children (who are expected between mixed gender couples) cost a bunch of money and time. Now you need to explain why gay ppl should have any business in this game. Gay marriage is irrelevant.
  • carl wombat 2011/06/15 03:40:38
    carl
    +1
    Love cannot be defined in only two ways bud.

So you're saying that the only reason for marriage is to have children, therefore I bring back what Melicious said to you in a previous comment. if marriage was only supposed to be about having kids then you would be saying that people who are incapable of having children shouldn't get married, nor older people. and yet in another previous comment you said it was allright for them to get married even if they are incapable of having your definition of marriage, so why should gay people any different? they aren't. you are a bigot my friend plain and simple. you are saying that these people who are incapable of having children can get married but gays cannot because of the same reason

gay people should have buisness in this game because they are normal people, like you or me, their only difference is their preference in gender, if they want kids they can adopt and still raise the kid and love the kid and secure a future for the baby while they're doing it.

and stop bringing up tax cuts, that is not what we're talking about.
  • wombat carl 2011/06/15 12:47:17
    wombat
    Things have changed with public birth control and couples were able to make choices on when and if they want to have a child. The tax cuts and marriage itself never changed with it.
    So in my opinion it would be just consequential to make marriage and its benefits available for couples with offspring as it was intent to be. I mean we are talking about an institution here which has thousands of years in history and was a great boost in human development if not a main factor of civilization. I would get it on and make marriage a parent contract. It would credit the function and may strengthen the liability of parents who have shown to be selfish and unqualified for the upbringing of their kids.

Marriage is not about love for a simple reason. Love is already in place and is something you give at free will without waging the consequences. You simply give.
    If you ad marriage to it you ad a contract meaning you mistrust the one you want to be with. You actually need the third party to make the partner yours instead of putting trust into the relationship itself. the result is divorce after a certain amount of time.

Another point is that if you take love as main reason you need to allow marriage between Parents and their children(probably the strongest form of love), People and Pets, People with things,....simply anything you like to be with.

Love is simply not the reason for marriage!!!
    Its a contract in order to secure offspring.
  • carl wombat 2011/06/16 22:16:34
    carl
    Man you are hard headed. if you adopt a kid and you're gay it's almost the same as having your own kid, it comes with the same responsibilities and problems. the only difference is that it's not yours and that you're not contributing to the overpopulation of the world, if the parents are selfish and unqualified they will be affected by the responsibility of having their adopted kids just the same as a straight person would.

I just want to point out what you said "Marriage is not about love." which I believe to be the the stupidest comment i've ever heard, or at least from what i've heard you say. of course it is. you wouldn't marry someone you didn't love. you wouldn't go up to a stranger on the street and say: "Hey, I don't know you, but i'm a woman and you're a man. let's get married, have children and preserve the population of the earth." you never hear that because people marry because they love the person they ask . if you think marriage isn't about love than i'm arguing with a complete idiot. of course there are exceptions though, a person gets drunk in vegas and marries a woman, but that's different, they will probably see their mistake as soon as they wake up. my parents love each other. I'm their son and they love me too. they raised me, taught me about life and ma...

I just want to point out what you said "Marriage is not about love." which I believe to be the the stupidest comment i've ever heard, or at least from what i've heard you say. of course it is. you wouldn't marry someone you didn't love. you wouldn't go up to a stranger on the street and say: "Hey, I don't know you, but i'm a woman and you're a man. let's get married, have children and preserve the population of the earth." you never hear that because people marry because they love the person they ask . if you think marriage isn't about love than i'm arguing with a complete idiot. of course there are exceptions though, a person gets drunk in vegas and marries a woman, but that's different, they will probably see their mistake as soon as they wake up. my parents love each other. I'm their son and they love me too. they raised me, taught me about life and made sure I was on the right track. if you're gay and you adopt a kid you can teach the same things as a straight person could.

I believe that homosexuality is genetic, these people cannot help it if they love the same sex, just as a person who is mentally challanged cannot help being mentally challanged, just as a man with a fetish cannot stop liking that fetish. You cannot say "no you can't" to these people just because you think them getting married would serve no purpose, if so, you could say that we cannot have sterile people getting married because it has no meaning, we could say that two mentally challanged people couldn't get married because if they did they would spread their gene to the off spring and make more challanged people and on and on. if you say no these people how will you know when to stop saying no?

You're saying marriage isn't about love, making a commitment like marriage, following through and helping that person in hard times is the definition of love. you wouldn't do that for just any body.

Yes, love between kid and parent is strong, but it's a different kind of love than the type between two lovers, no kid or parent feels the urge to marry each other unless they are both insane. the same goes with pets. the love you feel for a pet is totally different than the love you feel for a human. animals are not humans.

What happens to the people that marry, have kids, grow old and can no longer have kids? do you think we should force them to split up because they no longer fit the "true" meaning of marriage?

and if people get married should we restrict the sale of birth control to them since they do not plan on having kids and therefore their marriage is useless.

If a man gets AIDS and he is married to a woman and they haven't had kids yet should be split them up?

what if a young couple gets married and they aren't ready for kids? should we force them to wait?

With every comment you make you are further trying to restrict love to different people. In a way you could be compared to a dictator in training, believing only in yourself, relying on your own twisted logic and what you believe to be right, wrong or necassary. i'm beginning to think that sparring with you is useless. because no matter how many times I shoot you down, prove you wrong you get back up and make the same comments over and over. what you believe is not what other people believe, it's not popular for a good reason, you believe the wrong thing. I barely say that to people because most of what people think is opinion. but you sir are wrong. I will not stop fighting with you. I will continue with the debate if you're willing.

Have a nice day :)
  • wombat carl 2011/06/17 15:22:07 (edited)
    wombat
    I am not a big Fan of adoption(human trade) either. I would encourage voluntarily service instead of that.
    A child needs basically father and mother not just one of them. If that would be a goal instead of making such a bamboozle about gay marriage I would be with it.

I think I gave you proper explanation why marriage doesn't have anything to do with love. You actually failed to give sufficient arguments otherwise.
  • carl wombat 2011/06/17 19:16:38
    carl
    You're not a fan of adoption huh, not a fan of giving people parents, loved ones, a second chance? parents are what adopted kids need, they need someone to look up too, they need someone that will teach them, other than the people they're living with at the agency they have no real heroes to look up too. they need parents, something that they unfortunately didn't get the chance to have when they were born. adoption is not "human trade" as you put it. adoption is giving people a chance that they never had before, a chance that their parents wouldn't give them because they were either to selfish or couldn't provide. and if a gay couple can provide the same things as a straight couple can then there is no difference in their parenting. you can't let kids live in a orphanage forever, even if they have "Voluntary service," they have to have parents to become normal people and live normal lives. and if you're gay and you adopt, you give them what they need, a second chance. voluntary service isn't the same as having parents bud, not even close.

"A child needs a father and mother" you said. and yet you also said that you don't support adoption, you want "voluntary service." instead. so make up your mind, do you want them to have parents or not. why would people without real parents...

"A child needs a father and mother" you said. and yet you also said that you don't support adoption, you want "voluntary service." instead. so make up your mind, do you want them to have parents or not. why would people without real parents have to be treated differentially than people with parents? do you have a grudge against adopted people?

And you gave a flawed explanation why YOU think marriage isn't about love, and I gave you reasons why it is about love, reasons that make sense. making a commitment like marriage is the ultimate form of love. ask anyone who is married and they will say that they love each other, unless of course they really don't love each other. Maybe your parents didn't love each other and maybe they taught you this twisted logic that you're trying to spit out upon the world and make it more like your parents taught. maybe you feel so lonely in this world that's full of people that love each other that you try and change it to your liking by giving these hateful and obviously wrong arguments. I think you need to get out of the house, find a girl friend and start living a normal life. and if you do have a girl friend I would suggest dumping her, she obviously isn't doing a good job of setting you straight.
  • wombat carl 2011/06/21 11:43:30
    wombat
    Adoption as is is human trade. It would be different if such issues would be handled voluntarily and not with cash in order to avoid pregnancy.
    There is no need for adoption to begin with if you strengthen the basic sense of marriage.

You further have no sufficient explanation why you insist that love and marriage have anything to do w/each other. You may do that??
  • carl wombat 2011/06/21 18:41:55 (edited)
    carl
    Adoption is not human trade. it is merely giving a child a new home. yes there is money involved, but in the end that doesn't matter, all that matters is that the child got a home and a loving family. how can you not like that?

You keep asking me for a sufficiant explanation why love has to do with marriage and I keep answering you. I don't know why you don't understand what I'm saying. maybe you just haven't read my comments the entire way through, maybe you're just a hard headed idiot. I think the latter. but I will try and nail it into your head even more.

since you're into traditional marriage so much let's look at the traditional marriage vows, the vows that are usually said at weddings.

I, (name), take you (name),
    to be my lawfully wedded (wife/husband),
    to have and to hold,
    for better or for worse,
    for richer or for poorer,
    in sickness and in health,
    to LOVE and to cherish;
    from this day forward,
    until death do us part.

So there.

So in the vows it talks about loving your partner and cherishing your parter. to continue loving them in sickness, when money's tight and when things are looking bad.

so among other things that obviously show that marriage is about love you also have the basic marriage vows which are said in almost every wedding that clearly ...

I, (name), take you (name),
    to have and to hold,
    for better or for worse,
    for richer or for poorer,
    in sickness and in health,
    to LOVE and to cherish;
    from this day forward,
    until death do us part.

So there.

so among other things that obviously show that marriage is about love you also have the basic marriage vows which are said in almost every wedding that clearly say that one of the responsibilities of marriage is to love your partner. crazy I know.

I can't believe that you are still defending the idea that marriage isn't about love. it obviously is. as i've showed you many times.

now, since i've given you the best possible argument why marriage is about love I want you to explain to me why you don't think it is. and I don't want you to repeat yourself like you have been for every other comment that you've posted on this thread. I want you to be original.

(P.S. Before you reply think about what you're saying!)
  • wombat carl 2011/06/21 19:21:40
    wombat
    We have gotten busy to destabilize parenthood in order to make this trade happen. Its a trade big money is made and there is nothing humanitarian about this.. I can only repeat what I have said: Stop making things worse and get back to the roots. Children belong to their parents and need a stable home AT home and not elsewhere. This is something the society has to grasp.
    What is it worth to have a mother who want a child but is not willing to give birth??? Forget about that wimp. Its not worth it. it further stands to discuss what heritage a child has if its traded to some "mother in need" taken from its original parent. if you have issues with some parents and their upbringing enforce abortion that would solve the problem. My marriage idea as parent license would ad to it too (and makes sense to begin with).
    All in all I guess I have just the better arguments here.

Your little marriage verse is held as promise to keep the boundary going till the offspring can take care of themselves. Its a contract in that behalf nothing else.
  • carl wombat 2011/06/26 02:48:15
    carl
    What if the mother dies during child birth and she doesn't know who the father of the baby is? there is no other person the child could go with that wouldn't be the natural parents. adoption is really the only choice. these kind of situations come up, not many times but they do. Of course I think that every parent should try and raise their kid and not put it up for adoption. But you have to understand that no matter how much you wish for something to happen it will never happen, people don't change that easily. And, for now, adoption is the best thing for those babies who have no parents. you have to admit it. if not please state a batter alternative.

If a woman wants a child but is incapable of having one adoption is really the only way for the child to live a normal life.

Heritage is a problem for adopted kids i'll admit. But really heritage is a small thing next to having a loving home and people that love you. And it is possible to find out more about your heritage even if you're adopted. it takes time and effort sure but it can be done.

You're saying to abort the baby if the parents cannot support it? wouldn't that go against your idea of marriage though? you say for the parents to take care of the kid but you also tell them to abort it when times are tough? I don'...

You're saying to abort the baby if the parents cannot support it? wouldn't that go against your idea of marriage though? you say for the parents to take care of the kid but you also tell them to abort it when times are tough? I don't think that abortion is the best option. because some people who can't support the child still wants to have it born. they feel that it shouldn't be born just because their situation is bad. So, she has the baby and they give it up for adoption. it's the best way, and, even though i'm not against abortion per se much more humane.

it's not 'my' marriage verse, it's almost every bodies. And no where in the marriage vows does it say "to keep the boundary going till the offspring can take care of themselves." by what you're saying it would mean that there would be no point in staying married after the child is born. you're saying that every one should get a divorce after a kid is born. At the end it says, till death do us part.

Don't you understand? Marriage is about love. yes it's also about babies, but there needs to be love between the spouses for them to get married. no one is going to marry someone they don't like.

Marriage has everything to do with love and love has everything to do with marriage.
  • wombat carl 2011/06/26 19:41:28
    wombat
    How dramatic ...and especially how common!!!! Oki the mom dies than there is a father.... he dies too than there are OTHER family members close by. There is no reason for adoption ever unless you count business as such cause that is what it is.

All this dont conclude to gay marriage in any case. The claim that love is a reason does not count either cause than it should be allowed to marry children, animals, family members.... There is simply no reason for gay to marry.
  • carl wombat 2011/07/01 02:08:02
    carl
    I don't mean to be dramatic. these kind of things happen (not common I know) no matter what you say. what if other family members do not want the child, again not common but still possible. and I said that the father was no longer in the childs life to take care of the kid.

The reason we don't allow people to marry animals is because it's gross, I think we can all agree on that, I think that most of the people that have intercourse with animals can agree that something is wrong with them as well. and with family members, well, humans are born with the instinct not to marry family members. I never wanted to marry my mom or sister, simply because I knew that it was wrong.

Gay people deserve the same rights as straight people. They cannot have kids the traditional ways true. but they do deserve the same rights because they are humans like you and me. animals are not humans remember.

I notice that as we continue arguing your grammer becomes worse and worse. so please try and work on that so I can better understand what you are talking about.
  • wombat carl 2011/07/01 13:49:44
    wombat
    See you need to really suffer up to get one case twisted so you can present a lonely child. There will be ALLWAYS someone in the family who cares about a cousin. Family structures are build like that.
    Adoption is installed because there is a demand on children and it turned into a huge business especially here in the US. I dont support this in any case and rather promote voluntary support of families in need.

But since we are that far you give a good point why gay demand marriage. They want to join the adoption bill in order to fake heritage which is completely out of even crazy. Heritage comes from ORIGINAL and not from adoption. Gay have to accept that they have chosen to be a dead branch in the family tree and that is what it is . They just need to take it.

Wenn dir meine Gramatic solche Sorge bereitet kannst du ja auf deutsch weiterdiscutieren. Ich bin da nicht so arrogant und wuerde ueber deine Rechtschreischwaechen locker hinwegsehen wissend das Americaner im Grunde genommen keine Ahnung haben wie Unterentwickelt Sie eigendlich sind.
  • carl wombat 2011/07/01 21:59:49
    carl
    Yes there always will be family members that could take care of children. but not all family members are ready to have kids or are incapable of taking care of one. so then adoption is the only way that that a child can have a chance. yes it costs money and yes it supports the economy but that is not the real reason. you don't know enough about the topic to be commenting on it in such a negative way, if you were adopted I know you would have a better opinion of it. you don't realize that sometimes babies get no chance at all to have parents in their own families. so they have to turn to other families for help. its sad really, but true. babies cannot help who they are born into and if the family they are born into are careless thay can't help it. and your solution to these children is abortion? I think abortion shouldn't ever be done unless it's in cases of rape or complications like that. killing a baby just because of the ignorrance of family is cruel, especially when there are plenty of other families out there (yes, even gay ones) who want a child. ridiculous.

Yes adoption is a big industry in the U.S. but it's a good industry that does more good than harm. And yes, children are in high demand, but if the buisness was purely for profit and not because of children they wou...

Yes adoption is a big industry in the U.S. but it's a good industry that does more good than harm. And yes, children are in high demand, but if the buisness was purely for profit and not because of children they would let more people adopt. it is hard to adopt a kid, you have to really care about getting the kid and many people are either turned away or just plain quit because it's so hard.

Gays don't want to "join heritage" they may just want a child, they have their own heritages and thinking that the only reason that homosexuals would adopt is to make them feel part of a heritage or continue their own is ridiculous.

so you're German....I don't care, you're still ignorant, your grammer was perfect at the beggining of our conflict and got steadily worse as we kept on sparring, and now in some places I can barely understand what you are talking about.

I'm not arrogent, I don't understand German true, ( I had to put what you wrote into google translate to find out what you said ) but I'm not arrogent. If anything you are arrogent. you are a person who looks at the technical meaning of things and not the deeper meaning, you don't look at the big picture, all you do is complain about how "It isn't how it's supposed to be" or "It wasn't made for that."

put yourself into a gay persons shoes. wouldn't you want the same rights that are given to straight people? and put yourself into the life of an orphan, of course you would want to be adopted, you don't want "voluntary service" as you suggested before, you want parents! and if they are both men, both women or man and woman it doesn't matter because you are getting parents. would you like growing up without parents. Please try and understand what i'm saying.

you know. it doesn't even matter what you think. it won't change my mind or any one else's who is reading this. people will always know that adoption isn't wrong and in the coming years people will begin to see that gay marriage isn't abnormal or strange. more and more states and countries will legalize it and we will all be happy. eventually people like you, ignorant, closed minded people like you will disappear. you cannot stop change, no matter how much you try.

look at the results of the poll: 71% of people think that homosexuals should be allowed to marry, more than 3/4ths. you are part of the 22% that believe they shouldn't. you are siding with extreme conservatives, crazy religious nut jobs, texans and heretics. do you want to be a part of that crowd? I've looked at your profile before just to see your opinions on other subjects and found that, amazingly, I agreed with most of them, I can see that you are a smart person I'll admit. but when it comes to things like this you come up short.
  • wombat carl 2011/07/04 17:57:06
    wombat
    Another rare claim making the number of possible adoption to something almost not existing. In fact ppl who want to adopt usually have to buy a child from the international trade market. There are countries in the world where children simply disappear, sold to headhunters to feed the demand of US citizen.
    You seem to support that in order to get your gay family going. Pretty sick imho

2014/09/30 06:05:06