Do you think every father should pay child support, no matter what their income is or their disability?

beautifulangel33 2009/10/02 01:18:44

• sophia 2010/07/21 16:33:35
    YES
    sophia
    +3
    my son is now 24 and his real dad has never been there i now no were he works and live and my son has a little sister he never met i raised my son and he is now the best son on earth i need some answers if i can make him pay child sopport now after all of these years

• sophia 2010/07/21 16:33:35
    YES
    sophia
    +3
  • sophia sophia 2010/07/21 16:37:56
    sophia
    +2
    thank you so much now were do i start
  • TracyExwifeofpaulDurbala 2010/05/25 18:31:17 (edited)
    NO
    TracyExwifeofpaulDurbala
    +3
    it's is not right for anyone to seek out and stalk out someone else's life and have control and access to it, why not be a murderer. How someone is awarded complete power over another person is beyond me. My ex husband makes 22.00 an hour and has health insurance and a 401k and an Ira. I'm on unemp and working small job and now he's decided to collect after 4 yrs --- 3 of which he did not tell me where they were so I could not see my son ----for 3 yrs from before he was 2 til he was 5!
  • cindy 2010/01/09 18:55:23
    YES
    cindy
    +1
    i lost my job 6 years ago.now shes of age 18 .went to take the test,just b 4 she turned 18 years old,an just found him.yes hes the father.csea said sence i didnt work i would need a lawyer,dont have the money for one, just got papers to close the case
  • sickofit 2009/11/19 03:36:47
    YES
    sickofit
    Court ordered child support is calculated according to the parents financial statements. If the father is getting regular visitation, then he should be providing financial as well as emotional support. If the father was granted custody, you better believe he would go after the mother for support!!
  • Culture Warrior 2009/10/31 21:19:02
    IT DEPENDS
    Culture Warrior
    As long as the father has equal time with the children and is not a deadbeat! Usually, it isn't a question of should the father pay, it is the sometimes "ridiculous" court ordered payments! Many times it is an unjust amount! Sometimes, where possible it is better to have a legal agreement between X's instead of going through the corrupt court system!!

court ordered payments times unjust legal agreement xs corrupt court
  • Delores 2009/10/20 06:59:20
    YES
    Delores
    If they don't now that they have a child, do they still pay child support after 12 yrs find out they have a child?
  • Ron–Born from Above 2009/10/15 09:46:53
    YES
    Ron–Born from Above
    +2
    I actually was paying more than the court said I had to pay. When I lost my Job I had to dip into my 41k to pay child support. You do what ever it takes to support your child or children, there are no excuses. My son is one of the greatest blessing from God to me!

Bless...
  • beautif... Ron–Bor... 2009/10/15 20:09:46
    beautifulangel33
    +1
    yes children are a precious blessing and their counting on both of their parents for love,warmth,caring,feeding,cl... and etc.
  • Father of 2 boys 2009/10/11 12:15:34
    IT DEPENDS
    Father of 2 boys
    +1
    It seems apparent to me that a father paying maintenance, is always about paying the child's mother to look after them. The amount usually demanded has nothing to do with the cost of bringing up the child and everything to do with the ex-partner trying to ensure that the father has insufficient means to have a reasonable standard of living himself. If a father has to pay £400/month for a child, does the mother who the child is living with also contribute a similar amount ?, I would guess not. When I divorced my my wife, her first demand had nothing to do with the best interests of the children. Her statement was quote " As long as he signs over the house to me and pay maintenance, he can have plentiful access to the children", as though the children were her personal property. I filed for full custody of the two children and got "joint equal custody", meaning that I had to pay her ZERO maintaeance, as I paid for them when they are with me and she does when they are with her.
    The whole legal system is stacked against fathers and it is as though you are punished for having children and then separating from your former partner.
    The question is not should fathers pay as they already do so, financially and emotionally. The question is , should Fathers be treated fairly ??? This is certainly not what happens and i do not see it happening in the near future....
  • beautif... Father ... 2009/10/12 14:43:17
    beautifulangel33
    I am against the system not treating fathers fairly because I always believed that both parents should contribute for their children equally no buts and I'm also against the fact that when two couples divorce, the woman makes sure she gets most of everything the man worked so hard for all his life and I don't find that fair at all. I'm a women and I sometimes feel ashamed for being a women because alot of women out there only get married for financial security only and not for love and when things don't go the way she wants or when the man loses his job, she runs for divorce and then tries to take everything her husband worked so hard for. what happened to that promise " I'll be there in wealth or in poor" do people really mean that when their getting married? or "I'll be there in good times and in bad times" what happened to that? I believe that whatever the man worked for and has before marriage should be his at the time of divorce, but if both worked on let's say owning their own home and both of them payed towards the home and at the moment of divorce, the home should be sold and have the money split in half. but it would be more than fair if only the man worked on getting a home or whatever and payed everything by himself then he should have it all at the moment of divorce. believe me I wish I can do something about that, I'm sure there will be less women running for divorce.
  • sasquatchette 2009/10/05 07:52:31
    IT DEPENDS
    sasquatchette
    It always depends. Ideally the father should do his share in taking care of the kiddo, like my ex used to do when we lived in the same town. Sometimes support isn't calculated justly, though. My ex's brother had a child support hearing right after he got laid off, and the judge told him, "Well, we've established that you are able to make X amount per month, based on your former job ..." So he's supposed to pay child support out of an income he doesn't have?
  • beautif... sasquat... 2009/10/05 15:53:09
    beautifulangel33
    yeah that's a little harsh if the father or mother doesn't have income at all then I don't think they should be obigated by court to pay but it depends on the person because I know some people that won't work at all or get good paying jobs because they don't want to pay child support. I think the judge should give the father some time to get a job and then start paying child support when the father is a little on his feet again but then again children need to eat everyday and needs things.
  • sasquat... beautif... 2009/10/06 04:23:19
    sasquatchette
    +1
    True - I also have known people that would game the system that way. Those people are disgusting. And you're right - kiddos need food and stuff regardless ... but what if the family were still together and the dad lost his job? Would some court swoop in and order him into bankruptcy? Not likely.
  • beautif... sasquat... 2009/10/06 19:24:19
    beautifulangel33
    +1
    well if the family is together then a judge can't do anything because the family is together so he figures that the father is doing something to provide for the family, I mean if the family is living together then the father wouldn't be in court in the first place, that's if he's not with the family and isn't doing anything to provide for his family. plus marriage is about being there for each other in good times and bad, so if my husband lives with my kids and I and he loses his job I will not take him to court for not being able to provide for the family, I would provide for the family the best that I can.
  • AnnieA90 2009/10/03 13:05:00
    YES
    AnnieA90
    If they are disabled then file for disablity. If they get it the child should get a check too. Whoever doesnt have sole custody of the child should pay, mother or father. They both have a responsibility.
  • Delores AnnieA90 2009/10/20 07:10:16
    Delores
    I agree with you.
  • BienvenuJDC 2009/10/02 12:51:24
    YES
    BienvenuJDC
    That is what we call being responsible.
    BUT shouldn't the mother be equally responsible if the father has custody....mothers are rarely held responsible. AND income level shouldn't be a factor.
    Equality is Equality...
  • beautif... Bienven... 2009/10/02 21:36:07
    beautifulangel33
    +1
    yes if the father has custody of their child then yes the mother should pay the full child support for her children but sometimes the mother has all the kids most of the time and she provides for them while their under her care and the father complains that he can't pay child support because he has to live, so does his children and the children's mom.
  • Bienven... beautif... 2009/10/03 03:25:44
    BienvenuJDC
    Yes, but more fathers pay their share of child support...very few mothers pay child support... It is often assumed that the mothers ought to automatically get the children. Fathers get the shaft more than society realizes. Either way...you should HAVE to pay for your own children...

But on the other hand...the father on welfare that HAS custody of his children doesn't pay for his own children....taxpayers do...
  • beautif... Bienven... 2009/10/03 16:40:28
    beautifulangel33
    +1
    I know it seems unfair that when a couple get a divorce the man end up paying more or lose things he worked so hard for and I am against that I don't think a woman should want to take her ex-husbands property or whatever it is he worked so hard for and I think the reason the moms get custody of the children is because the man most of the time is the one that works longer hrs and makes more money and maybe the man can't deal with working longer hrs and take care of the children. it seems like us women are more skilled for that, even though now and days I'm seeing more fathers taking the whole responsibiliy of working and taking care of their children in that case then the mother should pay the full amount of child support regardless of her income or disability. same goes for the man.
  • jessica 2009/10/02 07:06:40
    IT DEPENDS
    jessica
    Touchy subject.... I have a ten month old baby and her dad well father been out since found out I was preg and now he want to claim he a dady for the 4th time... I say he hasnt done crap for her least he could do is help finacially!!! and I gave him chance after chnce and I just filed to make him pay two days ago!!!!
  • beautif... jessica 2009/10/02 21:38:59
    beautifulangel33
    well done because it's not fair for a mother to carry all the bagage if it took two for that child to be here.
  • lettycia 2009/10/02 05:15:46
    YES
    lettycia
    if they can go around driving nice cars, n dress well, yes! they should pay
  • HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons 2009/10/02 02:54:05
    NO
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    Of course not.
    If they don't have a job, and/or they have some other disability, or for whatever other reasons they can't pay it then it's not fair to make them.
  • beautif... HaleyPa... 2009/10/02 04:34:08
    beautifulangel33
    well my kids dad won't get a job because he says that then he'll be forced to pay child support so he's not getting a job on purpose. and he's disabled well def and he gets ssi so he can make all the babies he wants and doesn't have to pay anything on any of the kids. do u think that's right?
  • lettycia beautif... 2009/10/02 05:17:19
    lettycia
    thats right tell her! watch ur back friend for it dont happend to u mrs. haley lol!watch ur friend happend haley lol
  • HaleyPa... beautif... 2009/10/03 03:06:50
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    Don't get mad, change your pad. lmao.

That's not what I meant, I meant the ones who CAN'T get a job for whatever reason.
  • Delores HaleyPa... 2009/10/20 07:09:38
    Delores
    They should pay for child support, beacuse if they don't pay you and spend money with another girldfriends kids. How would you fell?
  • HaleyPa... Delores 2009/10/20 21:08:48
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    Well I myself would be upset that I dated someone that already has kids. :P

Anyway read the conversation I already had with "lettycia".
  • Father ... HaleyPa... 2009/11/01 14:52:40
    Father of 2 boys
    +2
    And I would keep well clear of someone who had your opinion as it reads "It's all about me". This is the real world. People get into relationships that do not work out for whatever reason. Does that mean they should be avoided like they had the plague ??. What if their partner died ? are they " in your world", not entitled to seek happiness with someone else. I would guess from your pic that you are under 25 years of age. Time and "TRUE" life experiences will temper your judgements.
  • HaleyPa... Father ... 2009/11/01 17:31:40
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    I'm a teenager, that's why I wouldn't date someone who had kids. Duh.
  • Father ... HaleyPa... 2009/11/08 14:33:41
    Father of 2 boys
    +4
    And that is apparent from your photo ??. I did qualify your age as being sub 25. I think you should either keep out of adult conversations or try to be constructive. You will find that when you become an adult, the term "Duh" is not regarded as being constructive in any communication.

I fully understand your behaviour as I am the father of teenage CHILDREN......
  • HaleyPa... Father ... 2009/11/11 22:13:46
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    I was being constructive, I gave my opinion, so don't get your panties in a bunch. >.>
  • Father ... HaleyPa... 2009/11/15 19:41:56
    Father of 2 boys
    +3
    ok, we'll park this one....
  • Saturn Father ... 2010/07/27 14:47:55
    Saturn
    Yes avoid them like the plague if you like your sanity and bank account in tact.Thank god for porn,lotion and a paper towel AKA women not needed.Have a nice day =D
  • erdo sero 2009/10/02 02:08:49
    NO
    erdo sero
    Sometimes the mother earns a lot more money than the father.
  • beautif... erdo sero 2009/10/02 04:34:59
    beautifulangel33
    and it doesn't matter, he has to be responsible too.
  • jessica beautif... 2009/10/02 07:08:33
    jessica
    so true... if you can stick it in you can help!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • flaca BN-0 2009/10/02 01:43:28
    YES
    flaca BN-0
    Get a condom. Learn biology. or pay up.

2014/12/21 12:11:08