Do you think a 60 year old man should mary a 20 year old woman?

leiah 2009/05/25 01:38:38
yes if they are in love
no the man is to old for a woman of that age

• Supermama 2009/05/25 07:53:51
    yes if they are in love
    Supermama
    +12
    age is just a number...if you connect, go for it. To each his own. Who cares what others think????? love age number connect cares

• Obie 2013/10/07 22:07:27
    Obie
    Thanks for all the answers. As time passed I learned that she was being coerced and as our friendship grew, she decided to walk away from the 60 yr old. She wound up dating a younger man attending Annapolis. They are no longer dating, she has decided to follow her dreams instead of everyone else's and is likely to be a very successful personal trainer someday. The whole situation had nothing to do with love, and my feelings have been somewhat modified by the whole experience. I am 47 and am in a relationship with a remarkable 34 year old. Mother of two, professional model, author and business woman. I'm so glad that I decided to date a younger decade. We relate well on every topic, issue, and have 95% commonality. So, if you really love someone, age should not matter, but I think 10-15 yrs max difference is probably a good rule of thumb.
  • Repair Man 2013/02/20 16:52:19 (edited)
    Repair Man
    My experiences.

I am a 64 year old man. I have always dated women MUCH younger than me. Not that I was asking their age prior to being interested in them, but that's the way it always turned out. The truth be told is youth is attractive. Whether its men looking at women or women looking at men. Youth is just more attractive.

Believe me. The young woman I have dated or who have lived with me were not with me for money. I have none. It's usually for some stability that they are lacking. Or perhaps its that I'm just a good guy, or both.

The problem is having things in common. Memories of books or movie or places where there once stood a ice cream parlor we all went to....things like that. Music. Ha. Its changed so much. I could go on and on. There is is not true equalness. And I DO NOT mean one is better than the other. I only mean that there a very few things in common, and that's just a fact.

So, the reality, to me now, is that I accepted that and no longer date very young woman because I want/need the mental challenge and stimulation of commonality.

There are MANY younger women who are way more educated than myself, but that does not mean that we have any of the same memories of drive-ins or when the girl waitresses came up to your car on roller skates, with your bur...

My experiences.

There are MANY younger women who are way more educated than myself, but that does not mean that we have any of the same memories of drive-ins or when the girl waitresses came up to your car on roller skates, with your burgers and drinks, and hung the tray on the rolled down drivers side window LoL. Just saying.

So, since I have experienced both ends of the spectrum I suggest staying within 4 years of your own age, just for the reason I mentioned.
  • anomys 2012/03/30 18:51:31
    anomys
    +1
    I am 37 yo....soooo inlove with a man 60... I think he really not take me seriously... I don't know... He is my doctor also... He saved my life 1 year ago... I don't know what can I do... I think about him a lot...
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2010/10/14 18:30:49
    yes if they are in love
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    Yes. It is their choice and who cares..:)) If it doesn't work out , fine, live and learn...That's life !!
  • sara 2010/10/08 04:12:07
    sara
    Ridiculous. I married a man 17 yrs old my sr, he is now 77, he can't hear, he's miserable
    I have a 21 yr old son in college. It's ridiculous. I'm an RN but never expected to be
    a babysitter. I'm still wanting to have some fun, he wants to sit & watch supports.
    The age difference is crazy, unless it's for his money, she better put it red & see
    a attorney so the money is in her name or forget it
  • james w... sara 2011/07/07 21:42:06
    james weldon
    +3
    gold digging should be a crime women shouldn't marry for money
  • littlel... sara 2011/08/18 17:25:13
    littleloopitlou
    +2
    I was married to my ex for 40 years...He is now 61 years old and just remarried a 26 year old woman. Now she is in jail for drugs. What now for him? hmmm?
  • wolf sloan 2009/09/09 15:36:30
    wolf sloan
    But ask me again when I am 60.
  • Beccy 2009/08/16 23:28:59
    What is we asked if a 60 year old woman should marry a 20 year old man?
  • caitlin 2009/06/20 13:51:48
    yes if they are in love
    caitlin
    if they will be happy
  • Pele Emerging 2009/05/29 01:20:59
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I'd like to ask what she sees in him, unless he has a lot of disposable assets.
  • wolf sloan Pele Em... 2009/09/09 15:38:22
    wolf sloan
    Always the first thing others wonder about.
  • Pele Em... wolf sloan 2009/09/10 00:33:13
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I know what a 60 year old sees in a 20 year old. My ex would wet himself, if he could get a 20 year old interested in him. A 20 year old who is interested in a 60 year old either has an Electra complex (like Oedipus complex only it's a woman who is in love with her father or a father figure), or has a million or more reasons to fall in love with him, and they're either in the bank or in investments!
  • Dagon 2009/05/28 22:00:43
  • james w... Dagon 2011/07/07 21:44:37
    james weldon
    +4
    You mean his money that's the only reason why a 20yr old woman would marry a 60+ yr old man
  • Dagon james w... 2011/07/08 14:22:39
  • Kat Face 2009/05/28 20:51:43
    Kat Face
    +1
    I know there is all this "age is just a number" but i don't know, it just kinda seems wierd. I can't make up my mind on this one.
  • Lady-DeathBright 2009/05/28 20:02:35 (edited)
    Lady-DeathBright
    And if they are in Love, than it's most likly a father-child relatonship.

But thats just want I think!
  • Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer 2009/05/28 19:24:44
    yes if they are in love
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    This guy's 61 and he looks like he could handle a twenty year old. Also, Mary K. Leturneau first began grooming Vili Fallau when he was in her second grade class at seven years old. Everyone seems O.K. with that.

Photobucket
  • Pele Em... Evan A.... 2009/05/29 01:23:04
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Who are you kidding? Who is ok with what Mary Kay Letourneau did to Vili?
  • Evan A.... Pele Em... 2009/05/29 15:15:00
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    You would be surprised.
    I just got off a poll where people were chastising me for persecuiting these poor victims of love. That I'm imposing my provencial sense of morality on the rest of society bla bla bla. But I'm glad to hear that there are people who are not O.K. with it. However if there are consenting adults who are of different ages or races or what ever who want to get married, that's O.K. with me. Not that anyone needs my approval.
  • Pele Em... Evan A.... 2009/05/29 23:52:51
    Pele Emerging
    If the guy was 57 and she was 17, would folks still be ok with it? They'd want him arrested, but honestly, she probably has changed very little in 3 years, and neither has he.
  • Evan A.... Pele Em... 2009/05/30 01:08:57 (edited)
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    +1
    I just wanted to visit this poll to see all the open minded "live and let live" phonies who gag at a gnat and swallow a camel. We're at a point in society where there are folks who will defend a persons right to marry their cat. But just let an older guy get some young stuff and its the apocalypse come to life. At least it's opposite sex couples we're talking about. If we were talking about cougars, everyone would be all, "Well Men Do It!" Yeah! A young man will put it in a piece of liver. It's probably not the best choice either one could make. But as long as neither one is being coerced, there are probably worse transactions. Go figure.
  • Pele Em... Evan A.... 2009/05/30 01:20:10
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I would have the same opinion of a 60 year old woman and a 20 year old guy. Quite honestly, I've seen a lot less acceptance for older women and younger men (not that 40 year gap) than for the reverse. Everyone seems to chuckle at an old fart with a young thing. They might make "gold digger" jokes about her, but seem to think that an old guy who can keep up with an extremely young woman should receive extra pats on the back.

As for same sex couples? If they're consenting adults of the same, or close to the same generation, I'll mind my own business about what they do in the privacy of their homes or lives. I don't have to watch--wouldn't watch if invited. Then, I don't invite the neighbors, or anyone else in to watch what I do, either.

I'm not 60, but I don't have a lot in common with 20 year old guys I meet. I prefer something besides sex when I want a relationship. Sex is fine, but even a 20 year old can't do it all day, every day, and a 60 year old man, even with viagra, certainly can't!
  • Evan A.... Pele Em... 2009/05/30 04:17:55
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    +1
    You make some good points, and for the most part I would agree. All except for the usual male female differences. Like you, I would want more than sex. But then I don't have a shot at Megan Fox. I do think that neither the young partner or the old one in a relationship like this is looking for the real thing. The young person I'm sure views it as an occupational relationship, and the older person views it as a strictly recreational relationship. One thing that is a factor, is that women have a shorter shelf life. So far as marketability goes. While the man must have more money/power, the older and less appealing he is. I think men see these relationships for the quid pro quo that they really are, more than the older woman younger man situations are perceived in the eyes of the woman. Because the sex is a bigger deal to the man. Like you, most women want more than sex from a relationship. So a woman may fantasize that the relationship is more than it really is for her young partner. Clearly, the 61 year old body builder in the picture is far from average. I'm sure he could out do the average 20 year old doing push ups. With or with out Viagra. However, If he had a partner while doing the push ups, he may need the viagra. When men are 20, it's all over with too fast. The stamina is there. But no staying power.
  • Pele Em... Evan A.... 2009/05/30 04:39:08
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    However, if he's enhanced his muscles using steroids, he could be a real disappointment in at least one muscle.
  • Evan A.... Pele Em... 2009/05/30 18:57:53
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    That's true if they're artificially enhansed. Arnold Sc hwatzenegger is 61 and he's not what he used to be. But all and all, O.K. for that age. I'm sure he no longer uses steroids.
  • sara Evan A.... 2010/10/08 04:27:00
    sara
    +1
    I'd prefer a man with some integrity & intelligence with a professional job
    to enhance the kind of life style I'm making for myself. If he doesn't compliment me his age is irrelevant & most 60 yr old's are well established financially. With his age probably comes ex wives & children
    turn off. Who needs the aggravation. At 20 I'm in to me not someones
    baggage. I'll stick to my own age group. Anyone who goes for this has some psychogical issue i.e looking for dad or sugar daddy
  • Evan A.... sara 2010/10/10 04:45:55
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    +1
    Everyone has a right to their own choices. As well a honest and an arms length transaction. I only have a problem when dishonesty and deception comes into play. As you said, integrity is important.

If the man you prefer knows that you, are the most important thing to you, and can accept that, then fantabulous. Like you, I would never accept a woman with children. At least with the older partner, his children are adults presumably.

For me, unless it's really love, and by love I mean that my partner values my happiness as equally important as her own and expects and receives the same from me, then a Prostitute = a rental, a Mistress = a Lease & a Wife = a Purchase.

One of my favorite singers is Kathrine McPhee. Here is the 27 year old Talented Famous Millionaire with her 52 year old husband. They both look quite happy and the marriage has withstool the newly wed adjustment period. But then it could just be Electra & Daddy. Or not.

year husband happy marriage withstool newly adjustment period electra daddy year husband happy marriage withstool newly adjustment period electra daddy year husband happy marriage withstool newly adjustment period electra daddy
  • G19G22AR15 2009/05/28 18:33:54
    yes if they are in love
    G19G22AR15
    who are we to decide who gets married to whom?
  • JackieBlue 2009/05/28 17:09:08
    yes if they are in love
    JackieBlue
    For me, personally, I think it's kinda gross. But everyone has the right to marry whomever they want to. Doesn't matter what age they are.
  • Horse Racer 2009/05/28 14:48:57
    yes if they are in love
    Horse Racer
    Age is only a number but still that's alittle weird.
  • petean05 2009/05/28 14:47:51
    yes if they are in love
    petean05
    Or even if they are not in love. Marriage is a social contract, so as long as it is between two consenting adults, it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks.
  • ANOTHER AMERICAN SLAVE 2009/05/28 13:57:35
    yes if they are in love
    ANOTHER AMERICAN SLAVE
    lets see ya got men marrying men women marrying women all that flithy crap, but my god dont let a old bastsrd get him some young stuff thats disgusting,ps, how old was mary when god made her pergnate? whats that make god? she was around 13 in case ya didnt know,betrothing was the why it use to be,now we live in a world of fuddy duddy hypocrites ,whos kids marry some young ass pot smoking thug and he beats her down and makes her a baby factory living on food stamps and welfare,if i had a daughter i would want her to marry a older man who had his shit together,who was able to take care of her and thier childeren, not some young jobless thug who would crap all over her life,but thats mr ya all can watch your kids suffer if ya wanna
  • hitrickk 2009/05/28 13:21:33
    yes if they are in love
    hitrickk
    As long as there happy, then it doesnt matter the age difference. You shouldn't care what people think of you, there probably just jealouss. ha!
  • catsuny 2009/05/28 10:47:34
    yes if they are in love
    catsuny
    c'mon man stop this s....hes free he can do wat ever he likes since when was it a law your toooooo old to get married damn why the old man why not the ooooolllllllldddd lady... let him live happy unless your ?? is really about a rich old man
  • Ambert 2009/05/28 05:59:23
    Ambert
    no thats like a 40 year old going to marry a 10 year old thats just down right nasty
  • ypd91 2009/05/28 05:44:17
    ypd91
    even though chances are that i may want to when i am sixty does not make it right
  • Taylor-the-Weird 2009/05/28 03:14:36
    Taylor-the-Weird
    I don't think that it's a good idea for them to get married, but people are entitled to the right to marry someone of the opposite sex... They're from two entirely different walks of life - she's young enough to be his granddaughter. I must say, chances are, it's almost entirely about sex for him, and money for her.
  • linny 2009/05/28 03:03:05
    linny
    They can be good friends but I don't think it will work out well.

2014/09/01 14:08:05