Do you tell people directly if you don't like them?

Roadscholar 2007/11/01 16:48:04
I am a firm believer in honesty and straightforward communication. If I have a problem with someone, I let them know, and I expect the same in return.

Do you take the same approach, or do you have another way to go about it?

Please explain.

• Foo Master Angie 2007/11/01 16:54:47
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    Foo Master Angie
    +32
    Absolutely. I don't have time in my life for people that annoy me. I'm not looking for new friends. If I happen to meet someone that "strikes my fancy," I'll talk to them, but other than that, I really keep to myself, because I don't want to be bothered. Now if I don't like you...I will tell you, because I have even less time and patience for you.

• Rileymo lisamcr 2007/11/03 20:57:18
    Rileymo
    How did it work for you???
    It sounds like you have matured quite a bit, and that is very admirable!!!
    That's an awesome way to be.
  • Aaron 2007/11/03 15:08:53
    No - I tell others instead.
    Aaron
    +1
    Why beat around the bush it prolongs the inevitable!
  • skittlesej 2007/11/03 14:18:35
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    skittlesej
    +1
    Up to recently I wouldn't be mean, but I'd let the person know that I don't get on with them. But lately I do everything my best friend says, not even consciously, I just adore her so much I copy her! And she's friends with everyone and moans about them to other people, so now I'm kinda friendly with everyone, even though I don't want to be, but I don't moan about them....I'm trying to change back though...I must be my own person lol
  • debra 2007/11/03 13:17:11
    No - I keep it to myself.
    debra
    +1
    But if I don't like you you will know it.
  • AlexANDROID 2007/11/03 08:37:12
    No - I tell others instead.
    AlexANDROID
    +1
    Unless I really really don't like them then they get it to the face.
    Or they piss me off to the point where I just yell it out.
    But mostly I tell someone else.
    Mainly my bff about peeps we dont like.
    Pretty fun I must say.
    Should uh...
    Try it sometime.
    :]
    We can start with that AlexANDROID betch.
    Who does she think she is?
    Lol.
  • Constant 2007/11/03 05:06:05 (edited)
    No - I keep it to myself.
    Constant
    +1
    There's no need to start problems with someone just because I don't get along with them. If I don't like someone I try to repress my feelings and move on. There is no need to dwell unless what that person is doing effect your well being or disrupting your normal life.

Depending on how the person takes the news when you them you don't like them, problems and confrontation can ensue. I try to avoid all that drama because i have ZERO time for that and ZERO tolerance. Having an argument or rivalry just waste time that I find valuable. I have more important things to do then let someone try to get under my skin.
  • seastallion 2007/11/03 04:35:51
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    seastallion
    +1
    Should I unfortunately encounter an individual who does not play well with others, I excersise my rule of 3. Avoid, redirect, confront.
  • 'Music Freak' 2007/11/03 04:31:36
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    'Music Freak'
    +2
    i'am not sure because what if i hurt the persons feelings?
  • Rileymo 'Music ... 2007/11/03 20:58:35
    Rileymo
    +1
    I like sensitivity and empathy for others, that's cool!!!
  • 'Music ... Rileymo 2007/11/04 02:05:39
    'Music Freak'
    +1
    than you
  • AnarchyxRules 2007/11/03 02:11:57
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    AnarchyxRules
    +1
    I'm very blunt that way.
  • deana 2007/11/03 01:59:00
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    deana
    +1
    usually. sometimes its better to hold your tongue though
  • Stephanie K 2007/11/03 01:55:27
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    Stephanie K
    +1
    I wait for the 3rd time we talk to say I don't like you.
  • arynnfaery 2007/11/03 01:32:58
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    arynnfaery
    +1
    I am honest with people because I expect them to be honest with me. Lying gets you NO WHERE in life. It is a bad habit to get into. If you sometimes lie, then people never know when you are telling them the truth.
  • ClouDcRuSheD:'> 2007/11/03 01:28:10
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    ClouDcRuSheD:'>
    +1
    although u tell it like it is, just b carefull how u do it .....cause apart from being honest u don't wanna go hurting others feelings
  • iM iN L0VE WiTH A REAL MAN 2007/11/03 01:16:31
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    iM iN L0VE WiTH A REAL MAN
    +2
    hell yes! i don't lie.. and i am a real person, if i know i don't like them, i let them know, if u ain't woman or man enough to let a person know that you don't like dem, you just makin them feel like they are welcomed and they ain't...
  • Rileymo iM iN L... 2007/11/03 21:00:41
    Rileymo
    +1
    There have been times in my life where I didn't like someone to start and became friends. My best friend for the past 17 yrs for example! Sometimes a person tries too hard, save your opinions until you know all the facts, and believe me, people are usually better than you 1st experienced.
  • vintage lady bug 2007/11/03 01:05:22
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    vintage lady bug
    +1
    i mean to a certain degree though..i dont want to be mean about it but if i have a problem of course im going to say something..i might ask for advice first though before i confront the person you know?
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    +1
    I don't have to they pick up the vibes and man can I send off vibes I did cafeteria duty for years they sat where they wanted and I never had a problem a LOOK was sufficient
  • Rileymo Sister ... 2007/11/03 21:01:32
    Rileymo
    +1
    My Mom has that "look" Scary!!!
  • Bluu 2007/11/03 00:52:13
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    Bluu
    +1
    like i care if they like me, either! i mean, i wasn't born to please them. that's a fact.
  • i-<3-MCR 2007/11/03 00:35:18
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    i-<3-MCR
    i'd rather be honest, then lie to someone in their face...i'm not trying to be a bithc or mean or rude or anything...i'll just tell you what i think and if u like it or not that's just me...i try to tell them in a way i won't hurt their feelings but you gotta do what you gotta do
  • Bryan 2007/11/03 00:20:40
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    Bryan
    +1
    If i don't like the person, i don't ever get around him/her again to let her know. Just stop interacting with them. At all costs!
  • BoyOfTh... Bryan 2007/11/04 00:45:48
    BoyOfTheEnders
    +1
    Yeah dude, totally what I do!
  • bloodychocolate<3 2007/11/03 00:15:53
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    bloodychocolate<3
    depends, if they rili blow my heads off i will tell them..
    but i will not tell them in a rili rude way..
    i will start of by saying ," well u know, sometimes you are so.."
    because sometimes they will somehow evaluate themselves..
    but if you start yelling at them, not just you will make more enemies..
    they sometimes even start to be more annoying to you..
  • *manda* 2007/11/03 00:08:56
    No - I keep it to myself.
    *manda*
    +2
    If i dont like someone i wouldnt want to start anything between us by saying i dont like them. I act friendly and nice towards them but on the inside im praying that i have an excuse to leave. I'm also a shy person so i can use that as an excuse of why i dont talk to them much.
  • BoyOfTh... *manda* 2007/11/04 00:46:13
    BoyOfTheEnders
    Thats what I'm saying!! haha, basicly what I said!
  • Buffy Jannet 2007/11/02 23:58:50
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    Buffy Jannet
    I also believe in honesty and straghtforward communication, but for me, it just depends on who I'm having problems with and the mood I'm in that day. Sometimes I tell them and sometimes I don't.
  • CYANIDESUN69 2007/11/02 23:52:31
  • Chole 2007/11/02 23:30:27
    No - I keep it to myself.
    Chole
    +1
    I don't think we live in that honest of a world....how many times have you seen your friends actually say "I dont like you" to someone else.

There's honest and then theres too honest. If I don't like someone, I just don't hang around them or try and befriend them. Thats honest enough for me. I just hate it when people try and fake it like they are friends with someone...ya know?
  • Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*) 2007/11/02 23:24:08
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*)
    +1
    i do most of the time
  • OracleBrad 2007/11/02 23:00:48
    No - I keep it to myself.
    OracleBrad
    +1
    Occasionally, my first impression has been wrong, and I end up liking someone that I initially didn't. I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt as much as I can.
  • Rem 2007/11/02 22:39:38
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    Rem
    +1
    If you decieve people and pretend that you like them, it's bound to come out and end up hurting them even more. I'm not mean about it but I do say when they annoy me and things like that.
  • SearchlightMasquerade 2007/11/02 22:38:38
    Other / Undecided (please explain)
    SearchlightMasquerade
    +1
    I act very cold toward them and I expect them to do the same, but I never say "I don't like you" to someone.
  • Monica 2007/11/02 22:29:43
    No - I tell others instead.
    Monica
    +1
    cuz people might look it the wrong way and you'll never know what could happen
  • KGW 2007/11/02 22:26:42
  • lunadragon30 2007/11/02 22:12:04
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    lunadragon30
    +1
    Why keep it to yourself or tell others that's just spreading rumors. Just go directly to them with you issue instead of starting stuff.
  • Glit 2007/11/02 21:38:39 (edited)
    No - I keep it to myself.
    Glit
    +2
    No, that would be bad manners. It really doesn't help anybody, and usually creates more hate and tension. Most of the time I don't like somebody, I have misjudged them or the situation and felt sorry about it. So I try and remember that when I start feeling the urge to be blunt.

I will discuss problems in a relationship with the person, but that's different than telling someone you don't like them.
  • orangeleo 2007/11/02 21:30:00
    Yes - I tell it like it is!
    orangeleo
    +1
    yes i do. when someone i dont like trys to talk to me, i am like dont talk to me, i dont like you. some people just think they are like by everybody, that gets on my nerves.
  • Grace W. Bush 2007/11/02 20:54:40
    No - I keep it to myself.
    Grace W. Bush
    +1
    I don't like to be rude but if they ask for it, I will tell them off :)

2014/10/02 00:26:36