Do you share your friend's polls?

Related Topics: Friend, Read, Style
Yes.
Nope.
I think...
It's been brought to my attention by a few of my friends that I have been sharing too much, too often and that it's bothering them. For this, I apologise, but the purpose of SodaHead is to share our opinions with our fellow SodaHeads. I've even had friends that I've had for years that have removed me from their friend-lists because I've been frequently sharing and to be fair I think that says more about them as individuals than it does about me.

Now, since we seem to be a courtroom drama let me state my case to those who have been secretly judging me:

I don't believe that I'm doing anything wrong. because I'm not the only person who could be sharing content and if all of you shared all of the polls you've answered or created then mine would be mingled in with others and wouldn't start out so much. Not to mention that SodaHead would be more lively as a result and every time we visited the carousels for each topic we wouldn't be seeing the same questions over and over again.

So now that you've read what I have to say, please consider whether this problem is due to my sharing polls too often or you just not sharing enough?

Sharing takes the pressing of exactly two buttons, so it's not like it's time consuming or requires effort. :o)

• Astro-Boy PHAET 2011/02/18 05:02:59
    Yes.
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +9
    Are you referring to the time I attacked you for sharing a question with me and made a poll about it and wept endlessly?? LOL

• Skunky 2013/07/26 21:31:11
    Yes.
    Skunky
    +1
    sometimes :P
  • ♥ Emily the "Cutie Banana P... 2011/02/20 02:24:41
    Yes.
    ♥ Emily the "Cutie Banana Pie" ♥
    +1
    I don't have any problems with you or your sharing of polls. :D
  • Tits ISHBAHFF McGee 2011/02/19 02:17:58
    Nope.
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +1
    I figure if it is a good poll, my friends will know about it anyways.

I don't like to bug people, and I don't know what my entire list of friends enjoy answering. Especially now, that there are points associated with sharing, I don't want to offend anyone.
  • ZILdeactivated 2011/02/19 00:59:39
    Yes.
    ZILdeactivated
    +1
    Not all of them; just the ones I think are worthy.
  • Stick Man 2011/02/18 22:09:14
    I think...
    Stick Man
    +1
    new to the soda head thing
  • Garciataria 2011/02/18 21:25:13
    I think...
    Garciataria
    +2
    I share the ones in which I have the most interest in.

Dark Demonic, I'm fine with the multiple sharings, but only if you're not doing so to rush to the higher levels.
  • Dark De... Garciat... 2011/02/18 23:46:36
    Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    I share to make sure my friends polls get seen by more people and to make points as well, two birds, one stone, but it's not my intention to annoy. If more people shared my name wouldn't stand out so much. :o)
  • Garciat... Dark De... 2011/02/18 23:51:39
    Garciataria
    +1
    I'm not annoyed. I'm just saying it shouldn't become a race to get to the higher levels. I just reached level 6, and I'm taking it slow.
  • Jana~ una chica loca 2011/02/18 20:53:44
    Nope.
    Jana~ una chica loca
    +2
    damn I should really do that, thanks for the reminder
  • Flowers 2011/02/18 20:06:11
    Yes.
    Flowers
    +2
    If it's a good poll and I think more people should see it, I will share. I don't care about the new points system so I'm not motivated by that... but my inbox now has 276 new questions... and everytime I delete ones I don't want to answer (sometimes I HAVE already answered) they magically appear again and that is frustrating...
  • Nisa PinkySwear(*~*) 2011/02/18 19:11:49
    I think...
    Nisa PinkySwear(*~*)
    +3
    if the question is good and not mindless like " do you think im pretty?" ...sure
  • Flowers Nisa Pi... 2011/02/18 20:03:53
    Flowers
    +2
    do you think I'm pretty?

LMAO! just kidding!
  • Nisa Pi... Flowers 2011/02/18 23:31:59 (edited)
  • flaca BN-0 2011/02/18 18:48:33
    Nope.
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    Only occasionally, but I'm kinda embarrassed about it: I should take the time to broadcast great questions more. But I think you do a great service Demonic, because some great questions need to be revisited during the day, as they can often get buried way down there and get missed. Some of the best questions are asked during the day, but in the evening when many folks have time to visit SH, they get distracted by the evening questions and never see the daytime ones. Just go with your gut, follow your friends' wishes, but don't quit doing it as a rule. You rock!
  • Dark De... flaca BN-0 2011/02/18 23:48:05
    +1
    Thanks, flaca, I appreciate that. :o)
  • WolfEyes 2011/02/18 18:24:37
    Yes.
    WolfEyes
    +2
    sometimes I do, if I think the subject will appeal to them.
  • Ding A Ling B Dead 2011/02/18 17:54:48
    Nope.
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +2
    I've shared one question since I've been on here and the fact that I did it was a joke.

I know that people like to share, but in a perfect world I'd like my inbox to be a little holier. I really like to go through every question I'm sent (and I do.) I want to value my friends and their questions (as stupid as that may sound.) People are asking way more questions now because of competition on the leaderboard (and I'm guilty of that too.) But, I'm taking a big step back from that, how I rave, and who I friend on here.

So many people on here ask the same questions or variations of other questions that you end up with a lot of the same stuff.

Personally, I don't think you should get points for sharing... it's like catching a cold and passing it back and forth :)

Dark Demonic, I like getting stuff from you your questions are always original and fun. You have somewhat of an intellect :)
  • Dark De... Ding A ... 2011/02/18 23:49:45
    +1
    Thanks, Bri Fi, I appreciate that. I'll also be taking a little step back after I reach level 20, so I can answer more questions than I ask. :o)
  • Ding A ... Dark De... 2011/02/19 01:32:06
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    Good for you for giving it a solid push? What'd it take a little under a week. This whole system is new... why not give it a go and see what she's capable of, right?
  • Dark De... Ding A ... 2011/02/20 02:39:05
    +1
    Exactly, it's a cool way of testing things out. I'm imagining a little video at the end like when you complete Street Fighter 2. lol

cool testing imagining video street fighter 2 lol
  • BK 2011/02/18 17:05:48
    I think...
    BK
    +2
    ...I do it sometimes, but not often.
    I have noticed more sharing since the institution of the points system (not just from you, from a few people), which means I wind up answering less polls because I have to go through more to decide what I want to answer, leaving less time to actually answer. I've only got so much time in the day for this site.
  • babydoll 2011/02/18 16:23:08
    I think...
    babydoll
    +2
    I don't think i have..i might have but i don't really remember..
  • RV ~ The Peacekeeper of PHAET 2011/02/18 15:59:37
    I think...
    RV ~ The Peacekeeper of PHAET
    +2
    Sometimes.
  • BaLou 2011/02/18 14:54:15
    Yes.
    BaLou
    +3
    Only if I find them interesting and think my other friends would like them.
  • BlondieBrownEyes 2011/02/18 14:00:15
  • Dark De... Blondie... 2011/02/18 17:36:09
    +1
    When you create a poll there is a box you can check to share your poll with friends and on other polls the option is at the bottom of the question, just above the top comment. :o)
  • Blondie... Dark De... 2011/02/18 17:50:13
  • La 2011/02/18 11:47:43
    Yes.
    La
    +2
    I share some, now and then. Only the good ones :)
  • Shawna 2011/02/18 08:00:01
    Nope.
    Shawna
    +4
    no, but I don't mind receiving shared polls from you. There are lots of uptight people on this site. I am not one of them.
  • ReasonOverFaith BN - 0 2011/02/18 05:51:57
    Yes.
    ReasonOverFaith BN - 0
    +3
    From time to time.
  • Raindropkitten™~the author ... 2011/02/18 05:22:52
    I think...
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    +5
    You just want to stay the top person on the level thinger so that's why you keep sharing. Very demonic sir thinksalot. :) ah, word play.

But to realistically answer your question, I only share a poll when I feel that it is either a good question or if it struck me as something I felt my friends would enjoy. The share button is there for a reason and I hardly ever go and look at the recent polls, usually just stick to what is in my shared questions.
  • Huki68 2011/02/18 05:17:39
    I think...
    Huki68
    +2
    only when I post a question, yet sometimes I do, but not always, I don't like to share things that are not important, I never have anyone telling me that, I really don't share much one or two
  • DiViews2014 2011/02/18 05:17:10
    Yes.
    DiViews2014
    +4
    I tend to share the polls of my friends most often times. I do not worry about too much sharing because there is that little (X) off to the side and I start all over again. I enjoy the sharing.
  • Astro-Boy PHAET 2011/02/18 05:02:59
    Yes.
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +9
  • Dark De... Astro-B... 2011/02/18 05:22:58
    +5
    Dude, you left me butthurt with lube. Metaphorically speaking, of course. lol
  • Astro-B... Dark De... 2011/02/18 05:28:02
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +4
    Lube! Hell I did it dry!
  • oldlady Astro-B... 2011/02/18 15:23:50
    oldlady
    +2
    lol (trip....thump,thump,thump)..... sorr'eh, ah' was look'in fer tha lad'ies room, took ah' rite stead of ah' left. Git'in old ya' know :/

okay bye bye now.......?......
  • Astro-B... oldlady 2011/02/18 20:06:13
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +3
    bye =D
  • Cantus_bird 2011/02/18 05:00:09
    Nope.
    Cantus_bird
    +4
    share away Demonic, however it's not the sharing i mind but the question that keeps reappearing over and over and over again despite my efforts to get rid of it. The rest i have fingers that can click and remove, simple as that ...... it's been resolved, thanks to whoever fixed it! ... some ghost out there i am assuming .. :)
  • Yes.
    +9
    I've been here now for over two years and I go through phases of being enthusiastic, fun and highly active one minute to melancholy, depressed and less active the next.

Last year there was a point when I was posting at least 20 questions a day. The most I've ever posted in a day was around 50 or so. Right now I'm in spontaneous, fun phase and I don't think it's fair that people are trying to bum me out just because they aren't happy.

These new changes are drawing in new members and increasing activity whether people like it or now and it's going to increase, so people can either try to keep up or they can move out of the way. Either way change is here and if my friends were enjoying themselves I'd be happy for them.

2014/12/19 16:29:52