Do you really think Jesus was good ALL of his life??

LukeC 2012/05/25 04:01:39
Do you really think Jesus never got angry at someone as a child?

Do you think he wouldnt kill to save a baby?

Seriously?

Jesus, like EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS PLANET was capable of good and evil,
like all good people, we learn to use evil for good, and good for small bits of evil.

Jesus may have done this exceptionally well, the problem is, if Jesus was alive today, his viewpoints would MASSIVELY different from anything we know.

He would seem insane.

Under this logic, I think its fair to say Heaven and Hell have come together, as one.

I believe in Jesus, but not the Bible.

• Missile 2012/05/25 18:45:10
    Jesus never committed any sin, he was completely pure (and also non existent)
    Missile
    He was without sin and most diffintely exsisted.
  • Rachel 2012/05/25 13:31:50
    Rachel
    The Bible is God's word. Jesus and God are one. The problem is, we as humans lack so much of the knowledge our Lord has. For that reason alone, we will always find contradictions in the scriptures, because some of the things the Lord explained, could only be understood by people whose eyes were open to the love of God.
  • Pronatalist Pronatalist 2012/05/25 13:22:31
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    +1
    Anger, is not always, a sin.

Jesus was both Lord and man, but without sin. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, without blemish, without sin.
  • Paul 2012/05/25 13:06:35 (edited)
    Jesus was most definitely, human (Good and Bad)
    Paul
    I believe Jesus did exist as a man with just as much tendency to be "good or bad" as any other human. I will add that I question the divine nature of Jesus, don't deny the possibility, but don't believe him as the "son of God" as Christians accept.
    At the same time as how I believe, I very much respect those who do believe in Jesus Christ as their savior, maybe even admire people that can have that kind of faith.
  • JMCC 2012/05/25 11:45:31
    JMCC
    I think there is a big difference between "bad" and "evil", as one implies delberate maliciousness and the other does not.

In fact when children are 'bad' or 'naughty' more often than not a parent recogises that the child made an unwise choice. ie a mistake.

Very little documentation exists or is public concerning the life of Jesus before he was 30 years old, although it is believed that he was in the Roman merchant navy.

The council of Nicae took place it was because the religous differences of the peoples were tearing Rome apart from the inside and they needed public consensus to restore peace. It was at this meeting that it was decided to elevate Jesus' to deification and create one bible for all.

When this bible was compiled, any documents that would otherwise diminish Jesus' status would have been purposefully left out, hidden or destroyed.

Why do you think the Pope has a secret archive?

vatican secret archive
  • Kyra 2012/05/25 11:06:47 (edited)
    Kyra
    +1
    Jesus did commit sin according to law, breaking the Sabbath... I believe His message was bigger than any commandment, LOVE.

Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 8:10For whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’" 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two

commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

1 Peter 4:8 Above all hold unfailing your love for one another, since love covers a multitude of sins.

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
  • METALheadMom 2012/05/25 09:25:04
    METALheadMom
    I tend to believe he was an Essene, sent to convert people to their beliefs. If he was, he was "good", until he entered in the real world with real people. And, I seriously doubt he was a test tube child, or that he did not live a normal child's life. Yes, he would be considered a spaced out hippie stuck in the 60's now. Jesus very well could have been a real nomadic preacher - but the messiah? Sorry, I'm not buying it today thank you.
  • David Hussey 2012/05/25 07:48:49
    David Hussey
    Seriously, do you think Jesus would damn his immortal soul by committing murder to save a baby, a child who without sin would certainly only be on its way to heaven?
  • angelbaby 2012/05/25 07:16:11
    angelbaby
    +3
    He was without sin.. Perfect and pure.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/05/25 05:46:48
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +4
    He was divine, so No
  • KoAm 2012/05/25 05:37:32
    KoAm
    +3
    >>>Jesus, like EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS PLANET was capable of good and evil<<<

He was capable of doing evil, but that doesn't mean he actually did evil.

I think you're confusing issues. Being capable of something doesn't automatically mean a person actually does it.

An example: I am very capable of throwing my computer out of the third-floor window next to me. But I wouldn't do that, and I never have done that.

Capability does not equal guilt. After all, you're capable of punching someone. Does that mean you should be arrested for assault? Simply because you're capable of it?

As well as being fully divine, Jesus was also fully human. That means he was capable of sinning -- but that doesn't mean he actually did.
  • KoAm KoAm 2012/05/25 05:40:25
    KoAm
    +2
    >>>I believe in Jesus>>>

Then surely you acknowledge, as any believer in Christ does, that He was fully divine as well as fully human.

He was a divine person with two natures, one fully human and one fully divine.

That means that while He was physically, emotionally, and intellectually capable of committing sin ... He never actually committed one. That's because His divine nature wouldn't have it.

By the way ... you say you believe in Jesus, so what's with the flipping-the-bird photo? You have a very strange way, no offense, of professing your belief in Him.
  • C-ZAR™,... KoAm 2012/05/25 05:46:14
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +2
    "By the way ... you say you believe in Jesus, so what's with the flipping-the-bird photo? You have a very strange way, no offense, of professing your belief in Him"--I think the author was attempting to illustrate that maybe perhaps even Jesus was given to human failings, which to anyone who believes in him, knows he was not
  • David H... C-ZAR™,... 2012/05/25 07:45:50
    David Hussey
    +1
    "Knows he was not".... How can anyone possibly 'know' this C-ZAR? They can believe, they can have faith, but they cannot possibly 'know'
  • C-ZAR™,... David H... 2012/05/25 07:48:43
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    You are right, all we have are our ideas of what Jesus was like nobody actually "knows"
  • David H... C-ZAR™,... 2012/05/25 07:52:16
    David Hussey
    +1
    Glad to see the distinction is not lost.
  • Andy C-ZAR™,... 2012/05/25 12:38:03
    Andy
    +1
    The author is a punk... I do not normally ever get into name calling...but, this is one rude individual...just for the sake of being rude!!
  • Andy KoAm 2012/05/25 12:36:51
    Andy
    +1
    Great Answer!!
  • Muver 2012/05/25 04:43:43
    Muver
    It is hard to know...
  • Andy 2012/05/25 04:03:57 (edited)
    Andy
    He is GOD... without sin!!

Why do you think people wanted him dead?? He was different and BETTER than those on earth!!
  • LukeC Andy 2012/05/25 04:11:51
    LukeC
    So he wasnt on Earth then? Loud and clear, dont respond, im not going to listen.
  • Andy LukeC 2012/05/25 12:39:45
    Andy
    Luke... you are rude, for the sake of being rude!! You post something like this and have people answer, and then state you will not respond... maybe you should just go away!! I'm sorry, but something is wrong here...why do you act this way???
  • LukeC 2012/05/25 04:03:06 (edited)
    LukeC
    Hahah I was going to put in other, but no, if your stupid enough to think Jesus was "all good", ya should just know better.
  • KoAm LukeC 2012/05/25 05:43:31
    KoAm
    +1
    >>>but no, if your stupid enough to think Jesus was "all good", ya should just know better.>>

If I were you, I wouldn't call people "stupid" in the very same sentence in which you use "your" when it should be "you're."

There's something richly ironic in that. And it doesn't reflect well on you.

By the way, you're basing your beliefs about Jesus on your own thoughts and whims ... while apparently rejecting or ignoring the volumes and volumes of work written about His nature over the centuries.

It sounds like you've made up your mind about Jesus based on how you WANT to see Him, and how your image of Him fits into your own views and lifestyle. Heaven forbid you should actually look outside the box and see Him for who He truly is.
  • LukeC KoAm 2012/05/25 08:21:50
    LukeC
    Typical, listen if u want 2 pik at spelling errors, do it sumwer else.

Believe me the fact that you pointed that it out says more about you.

Listen, the Bible was re0written throughout history, I believe in and have faith in Jesus not the book. That is my view, and just as every Christian likes to wear his demise around there neck (seriously, if someone killed your mother with a hammer would you wear a golden hammer around your neck?) I am entitled to my view, I am not wrong, but I have gone to further efforts to prove my point than you.

You want to take a second look, you just made it quite clear that Jesus would not have killed a man about to rape or kill a child, does that sound like Jesus to you?

2014/10/25 18:18:07