Do You Love or Dread Office Holiday Parties?

Catch My Party 2012/12/10 19:00:00
Love them!
Dread them!
What happens at the office party, stays at the office party
I read an article that said 40 percent of workers have either embarrassed themselves or know someone who has at a work holiday party -- and 23 percent have been reprimanded for their actions. Yikes! I'm happy with just a nice family Christmas party.

Read More: http://catchmyparty.com/search?type=christmas

• Pam 2012/12/20 18:06:30
    Dread them!
    Pam
    Mine is this afternoon. I have no desire to have snacks in the patient's dining room. I will sit this one out.
  • marty 2012/12/19 06:54:49
    marty
    More important to ask, "what office party?"
  • Walt 2012/12/15 17:29:14
    Dread them!
    Walt
    After attending a couple of office parties back in the 80's, I've always done my best to avoid them.
  • Shifting Piece 2012/12/15 03:47:17
    Shifting Piece
    Some of them are more fun than others.
  • Duvall C 2012/12/13 17:26:11 (edited)
    Dread them!
    Duvall C
    The deal is that in the vast majority of companies, the only people who want these parties are the bosses who think they owe it to the employees and the "party planning" dolts who love to plan these, birthdays at staff meetings, company outings, etc. ( extroverts)

Most of us would much rather have the afternoon off. And...believe me, no one wants to attend an office party that is after hours. It's just like going to work...with booze.
  • Platinum Fangs 2012/12/13 08:52:04
    Platinum Fangs
    How about other? I wouldn't know. Never been to an office party. But they sound rather dull. I'd just stay for the free food, then leave after they ran out.
  • jule-sy 2012/12/12 22:54:15
    jule-sy
    Nothing bad happens at my work party. We are all women there and our boss always has a set up of cold food, UGH !! When we get back from our day of cleanings we want hot food so tomorrow we won't get to have that.
  • PJ Sweet Cheeks 2012/12/12 18:46:08
    Dread them!
    PJ  Sweet Cheeks
    +1
    If they had drinking it might be different, lol...don't get me wrong a few I really like, but most....no thank you.
  • Tigger Too 2012/12/12 16:56:54
    Tigger Too
    +2
    The last holiday office party I went to ended in disaster, and I've never attended one since. The festivities took place at an exclusive club, and only the company's executive officers and their administrative assistants, along with high-level division managers, were invited. It was pretty obvious that the administrative assistants were included because we were all women, and the executives wanted a few ladies at the party to throw in a little female pulchritude for window dressing. [BAD IDEA!] Well, I extended the cocktail hour into dinnertime, and after the shindig was over, a group of us decided we weren't done with our partying and went bar-hopping through the downtown area. [BAD IDEA!] Well, by the time we'd all decided that we'd had enough holiday cheer that evening, I was obviously too wasted to drive, and my boss offered to take me home. [BAD IDEA!] On the way to my house, my [married] boss parked his car, and we ended up making out for like an hour. Well, I finally got home and passed out. Thankfully, it was a four-day weekend, because I couldn't remember where I'd parked my car. My sister and I drove around downtown for two days and still couldn't find the damn thing. Finally, that Sunday night, I ended up having to call my boss to find out where I'd parked. [DUDE, W...
    The last holiday office party I went to ended in disaster, and I've never attended one since. The festivities took place at an exclusive club, and only the company's executive officers and their administrative assistants, along with high-level division managers, were invited. It was pretty obvious that the administrative assistants were included because we were all women, and the executives wanted a few ladies at the party to throw in a little female pulchritude for window dressing. [BAD IDEA!] Well, I extended the cocktail hour into dinnertime, and after the shindig was over, a group of us decided we weren't done with our partying and went bar-hopping through the downtown area. [BAD IDEA!] Well, by the time we'd all decided that we'd had enough holiday cheer that evening, I was obviously too wasted to drive, and my boss offered to take me home. [BAD IDEA!] On the way to my house, my [married] boss parked his car, and we ended up making out for like an hour. Well, I finally got home and passed out. Thankfully, it was a four-day weekend, because I couldn't remember where I'd parked my car. My sister and I drove around downtown for two days and still couldn't find the damn thing. Finally, that Sunday night, I ended up having to call my boss to find out where I'd parked. [DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR?] When I went to work Monday morning, it was pretty uncomfortable to face my boss, having had a hot-and-heavy make-out session with him after the party. [AWKWARD!] I acted like I'd been too drunk to remember what had happened on the way home, which was a pretty valid premise, since I really HAD been totally bombed. I never attended another office Christmas party after that! [NEVER, EVER, EVER!]
  • angel face 2012/12/12 06:30:04
    angel face
    Lol I'm glad this option was there because I've definitely been to a few office parties that just got a little... up there. The people that were there were the type of people that when they get drunk are happy and bubbly and explosive laughter everywhere. There was dancing of course but when there's alcohol in the system things kinda go vulgar. And the music changes and it effects EVERYONE. So yeah, I haven't been to a bad office party because I don't drink so I ALWAYS video tape the parts that get kinda crazy
  • addie 2012/12/12 04:19:52
    Dread them!
    addie
    +1
    "Dread," is a little strong. I mean just do not go to the party if you do not want to go to the party. Problem solved.
  • codogv 2012/12/12 00:05:51
    Dread them!
    codogv
    +1
    i clicked dread them because of dwight
  • Skar 2012/12/11 22:42:19
    Dread them!
    Skar
    +1
    Damn, clicked the wrong one by accident. Meant to choose what happens at the office party, stays at the office party.
  • gatelime 2012/12/11 22:15:53
    Dread them!
    gatelime
    Ever since I got caught in the coat room with the boss's wife...
  • moriarty 2012/12/11 22:15:25
    Dread them!
    moriarty
    having to associate with co workers after hours is downright nightmarish. wasn't 8 hours enough?
  • Duvall C moriarty 2012/12/13 17:29:49
    Duvall C
    +1
    That's always been my thought. There is no difference other than the booze. You still end up talking to the same people about...work.
  • Elizabeth 2012/12/11 21:45:26
    Dread them!
    Elizabeth
    I force myself to go, but it's not something I want to do.
  • Mya Faire 2012/12/11 21:10:33 (edited)
    Dread them!
    Mya Faire
    I have both embarrassed myself and known someone who has embarrassed themselves at these useless functions. Your co-workers are not necessarily your friends, so the whole thing is pretty phony. Take that money and give me a bonus!

Christmas bonus
  • Anthony 2012/12/11 17:07:39
    Love them!
    Anthony
    It's the perfect opportunity to give that 22 year old intern what she really needs!!!
  • ♥N A♥ 2012/12/11 16:53:06
    Love them!
    ♥N A♥
    Free food!
  • Rob Clary 2012/12/11 15:53:06
    Love them!
    Rob Clary
    Parties are great unless you're a killjoy!
    Just enjoy the food, fellowship and cheer, but DRINK BOOZE in moderation!
    Getting hammered usually does not end well...
  • GoodEncounter 2012/12/11 14:21:17
    Dread them!
    GoodEncounter
    I don't participate in them.
  • CAPISCE 2012/12/11 13:51:35
    Dread them!
    CAPISCE
    Every office party ends up creating at least one hook up story that causes problems in a marriage----booze and co-workers don't mix
  • TKramar 2012/12/11 12:01:00
    Dread them!
    TKramar
    I never go. These are people I don't want to associate with while AT work, why would I want to associate with them outside of work?
  • M 2012/12/11 10:46:48 (edited)
    Dread them!
    M
    Yeah... nothing like unwinding at the end of the day with people you are trying to unwind from. Good times...
  • jack_kazim 2012/12/11 08:02:35
  • ghosiejackson 2012/12/11 07:24:20
    Love them!
    ghosiejackson
    Well but I'd prefer to have one with my friends and family.
  • RevBH 2012/12/11 05:21:00
    Dread them!
    RevBH
    But it depends on who I'm working with. I've been to great ones and terrible ones.
  • juicebox07 2012/12/11 04:56:23
    Love them!
    juicebox07
    +1
    We don't have holiday parties at my job. We do have a cookout every year when Summer comes to an end. It's pretty enjoyable because we get free food and drinks, plus extra break time.
  • ms jones 2012/12/11 04:52:09
    Love them!
    ms jones
    I have actually went to some good office parties. I treat them as a relaxed professional setting.
  • s2k 2012/12/11 04:28:20
    Love them!
    s2k
    Theyre fun
  • Bibliophilic 2012/12/11 04:27:34
    Love them!
    Bibliophilic
    Parties in academia are hilarious. Many laughs were had that day.
  • Gryffindor53 2012/12/11 04:14:22
    Gryffindor53
    Neither...I don't work in an office so we don't have to deal with office parties. :P
  • John 2012/12/11 04:13:25
    Dread them!
    John
    +1
    They suck! Forced fun with people you don't even like.
  • QC 2012/12/11 03:16:48
    QC
    Haven't been to an office party in years...
  • realist 2012/12/11 02:31:12
    Love them!
    realist
    +1
    Work for a profitable company and they can be pretty amazing parties.

But yes, working elsewhere I've had some shockers in the past.
  • Rob 2012/12/11 02:18:36
    Dread them!
    Rob
    Hate them. They are silly. No one can be themselves because it is work. Yes, that's right, when you attend a holiday office party, you are at work. Thinking any differently is asking for big trouble. Why not just give workers the time off, or let them leave early after a very short (say, half an hour) cake party?
  • Cn2012 2012/12/11 02:05:42
    Love them!
    Cn2012
    But I'm sure it depends on the people you work with.
  • strawberry 2012/12/11 01:28:15
    Dread them!
    strawberry
    It is like being under a microscope.
  • koko 2012/12/11 01:19:29
    Dread them!
    koko
    i would die if i saw that show and not in a good way

2014/09/01 07:53:24