Do you like Vinegar? ~ Health Benefits of Vinegar

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/03/31 03:31:27
Related Topics: Cancer, Health, China
Life is like wine, the longer you take to enjoy it the more chance you've got of tasting vinegar.
The star of oil and vinegar and the oil and vinegar of the stars.
Men are like wine - some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.
a salad; for in him we see, Oil, vinegar, sugar and saltiness agree
Many Types of Vinegar
types nbspvinegar
Balsamic vinegar is made from white Trebbiano grapes in the northern Italian region. The grapes have a high sugar content, and their unfermented juice is used to make the vinegar. The balsamic vinegar is aged for three or more years and has a dark, syrupy consistency with a strong and sometimes bitter flavor. Some of the balsamic vinegar that is available in the store is synthesized and includes high amounts of caramel and sugar. However, true and natural balsamic vinegar is available as well and offers rewarding health benefits.
caramel sugar true natural balsamic vinegar offers rewarding health benefits

Balsamic vinegar can be used as a substitute for salad dressing or marinades. When used in place of other dressings or marinades that are more fattening, it results in a lower calorie intake. Balsamic vinegar also works to suppress the body's appetite and increase the amount of time it takes for the stomach to empty, which can contribute to weight loss by preventing overeating. According to Nutrition Data, balsamic vinegar is a source of calcium, iron, manganese and potassium, which improve the body's functioning and weight loss abilities.
calcium iron manganese potassium improve bodys functioning weight loss abilities

Antioxidants work to repair damage caused by free radicals, which are products produced by the oxygen used in our body. Balsamic vinegar contains polyphenols, antioxidants that can protect the body from heart disease and cancer. The grapes that are used to make balsamic vinegar also contain antioxidants that fight against cell damage, improve the body's immune system and make blood platelets more flexible, thus preventing heart or circulation problems.

improve bodys immune blood platelets flexible preventing heart circulation problems
The digestive system can benefit greatly from balsamic vinegar. The vinegar boosts the activity of pepsin, an enzyme that breaks protein down into smaller amino acids that can be more easily absorbed by the body. Pepsin helps to improve the body's metabolism as well. Balsamic vinegar can also improve insulin sensitivity for diabetics, allowing for an easier regulation of blood sugar and reducing unpleasant side effects from diabetes.

sensitivity diabetics allowing easier regulation blood sugar reducing effects diabetes

Apple cider vinegar made from the double fermentation of whole apples should be used, and it should not be distilled, filtered or pasteurized as these extra processing steps destroy many of the vitamins, nutrients and fermentation products that are thought to be important elements in apple cider vinegar’s health benefits and weight loss properties.
important elements apple cider vinegars health benefits weight loss properties
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and health promoting compounds. It is rich in phosphorus, calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium, chlorine, and b-vitamins.
Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar also contains pectin and malic acid. Most importantly, apple cider vinegar contains “mother” – the active ingredient most responsible for its health effects.

importantly apple cider vinegar mother active ingredient responsible health effects
The non pasteurization of the vinegar ensures that it contains no sugar which goes a long way in keeping E-Coli infections at bay making it one of the most important Braggs apple cider vinegar health benefits.
Replete with a host of enzymes and essential minerals, the Bragg apple cider vinegar health benefits also include controlling and maintaining the body weight which makes the apple based vinegar an answer to every weigh watcher’s prayers.
The body toxins and accumulated sludge can be effectively flushed out as well making the Bragg’s apple cider vinegar health benefits even more pronounced.
Relief from stiffness and muscular pain including a sore throat are considered to be other important Bragg’s apple cider vinegar health benefits.
A youthful looking skin, healthy and shinning hair along with a blemish free complexion can also be obtained by using the beneficial vinegar on a regular basis.
healthy shinning hair blemish free complexion beneficial vinegar regular basis

Apple Cider Vinegar (pills, tablets, or capsules)
Some people find it more convenient to take apple cider vinegar in tablet or pill form rather than in the traditional liquid form but I do not recommend it.
Converting liquid vinegar into a pill or tablet requires much extra processing which depletes many of the nutrients present in the original apple cider vinegar liquid

tablet requires extra processing depletes nutrients apple cider vinegar liquid
White vinegar comes about by the process of oxidization of any alcohol. There are several types of vinegars that are found like apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar and each of them provides several health benefits.

One of the main drinking white vinegar health benefits is that it helps in the absorption of calcium and other important minerals from the varied foods that are eaten. This is because vinegar contains acetic acid which has the ability of helping the body absorb the required minerals and calcium. It therefore not only helps in digestion, but also in making the bones stronger and thereby preventing osteoporosis. It has to be kept in mind that due to its acid content, vinegar must always be diluted before ingestion or it can cause heart burn.

White vinegar is a very popular ingredient when it comes to cooking. And many of you may be using the white vinegar ingredients in the preparation of food for the unique taste that it create

ingredient cooking white vinegar ingredients preparation food unique taste create
It can be used as a form of treatment for minor infections and skin burns. Dab a cloth in white vinegar and cover it over the infected area for a cooling effect and soothing of sunburned skin and therefore helps in providing effective skin care.
For infections, rashes, insect bites, dabbing of white vinegar with the help of a cotton swab can help clean the area and prevent further infections to the skin.
It is used as an effective remedy for strep throat. Adding a tsp of white vinegar to 8 ounces of water and then gargling with it followed by swallowing the mixture will help rid a person of throat problems.
Using white vinegar in an inhaler and taking a steam of the same can be used as a decongestant for a blocked chest.
One of the main white vinegar skin benefits is that it helps to treat extremely dry skin. Using 2 tbs of vinegar in bath water will help moisturize the skin naturally and help in curing itchy skin as well.
White vinegar can also cure dandruff (vinegar for dandruff). After a regular bath, simply pour a mixture of half cup vinegar diluted in 2 cups water.
White vinegar also helps in curing toe nail fungus. Rub a cotton swab dipped in white vinegar over the infection many times in a day (vinegar cure for toenail fungus).
Soaking of feet in vinegar helps in curing athletes foot. As well as an equal mixture of alcohol and vinegar helps to combat swimmer's ears

White distilled vinegar is a popular household cleanser, effective for killing most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a smart way to avoid using harsh chemicals. You’ll also be glad to know that it is environmentally friendly and very economical.

distilled vinegar smart avoid harsh chemicals glad environmentally friendly economical

Malt Vinegar
The English have been using malt vinegar for hundreds of years. It's especially popular sprinkled on chips in a traditional fish and chips restaurant.
Malt vinegar is made from grain, especially barley whose starch has been converted by malt to an alcoholic liquid that is subsequently fermented to a 5% malt vinegar. It has a strong hearty taste.

Red Wine Vinegar
Red wine vinegar, like apple cider vinegar, has been used for centuries for both medicinal and culinary purposes.
These types of vinegar can vary in color from light rose to deep red and acid content from 5 to 7%. They are used worldwide, especially in Mediterranean countries, in sauces, salads, marinades for red meat, and as a pickling agent for fruits and vegetables

countries sauces salads marinades red meat pickling agent fruits vegetables
Rice vinegar has been made in China and Japan for thousand of years. It is made from rice wine, or sake and comes in three varieties, white, red and black.

On the southern Japanese island of Kyushu, the black variety is produced from thick sake made only from brown rice using a lengthy natural outdoor process. This vinegar has a mild sweet flavor and is highly regarded for it's medicinal properties.

Generally, these types of vinegar have a 4 to 5% acid content and are used in salad dressings, and as a condiment for soups, stews and noodle dishes. This type of vinegar is also added to sushi rice, not only for adding flavor but also for killing dangerous bacteria that could be present on raw fish.
It's mild flavor makes it excellent for flavoring with herbs, spices and fruit.

bacteria raw fish mild flavor excellent flavoring herbs spices fruit
Made from sherry wine in Andalusia, southwestern Spain, sherry vinegar is smooth and mellow with a slight toasted almonds flavor and a balanced sweet and sour taste. This vinegar is aged in oak casks and often produced by the Solera system over a lengthy period of time. The Duque de Diano label of aged sherry vinegar made in Jerez de la Frontera is one of the best examples.
These types of vinegar normally contain 7 to 8% acetic acid content and are widely used in Spanish cooking, especially with sweet poultry dishes, salads and sauces.

• Yankee Traveler 2011/03/31 09:57:56
    Yankee Traveler
    +5
    Cider vinegar is by far the best all around vinegar............

• Kar 2011/05/12 08:15:35
    Life is like wine, the longer you take to enjoy it the more chance you've got...
    Kar
    i love it!!
  • birdman 2011/05/05 00:27:43
    birdman
    It's good on fries, too
  • Dirty red 2011/05/04 23:17:38
    Dirty red
    I have tried to drink vinegar cause i do know it has it's advantages for your health but I can't keep it down. My stomach is to weak for it.
  • MoonshineMotor 2011/05/04 19:17:06
    MoonshineMotor
    I like malt vinegar on my fish and chips.
  • misterz 2011/05/04 18:03:09
    misterz
    I am going to do great in trivial pursuit game!
  • Quietman ~PWCM~JLA 2011/05/04 15:53:19
    Quietman   ~PWCM~JLA
    A good Balsamic on my salad, malt vinegar on my fish & chips and salt & vinegar potato chips
  • Munster 2011/05/04 15:52:57
    Munster
    I use it regularly when cooking but I also use it to clean my retainer weekly heh.
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2011/05/04 15:28:06
    Just MEH....Piwan
    Love it, great with fries and chips!
  • shywink 2011/05/04 14:31:31
    shywink
    Yes. I actually drink Apple Cider Vinegar every day for health reasons. (Diabetic). It's hard to take, but you get used to it.
  • comptech - Quit whining please 2011/05/04 13:29:09
    comptech - Quit whining please
    +1
    I like vinegar on everything. I bought several small spray bottles and make my own quick and easy salad dressing.

A good use I have found for vinegar is for "fresh breath". I keep a small spray bottle with 50% white vinegar and 50% water, when I need to freshen my breath between brushing I spray some in my mouth and down my throat. My wife swears that there is no "vinegar" smell to my breath only a fresh clean smell.
  • DavidZubatuk 2011/05/04 13:14:22
    DavidZubatuk
    +1
    I really appreciate your posts...useful information!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... DavidZu... 2011/05/04 13:33:48
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    thanks
  • coolgirlluvsupre 2011/05/04 13:14:15
    coolgirlluvsupre
    +1
    that's awesome, I love vinegar!
  • ...... 2011/05/04 13:11:45
    ......
    balsamic vinegar ontop of vanilla ice cream is really tasty
    balsamic vinegar ontop vanilla ice cream tasty balsamic vinegar  ice cream
  • FREED Speaks Up 2011/04/03 21:23:27
    FREED Speaks Up
    I like Balsamic a lot on salads; use Braggs; but was totally uninformed about white vinegar. I learned a lot, Again!
  • Auntie M 2011/04/02 03:35:19
    Auntie M
    +1
    I can attest to white vinegar's usefulness as an anti-fungal. I gargle with diluted vinegar when I get thrush from my steroid asthma inhaler, works like a charm!
  • Caroline - fan of Audubon 2011/04/01 20:15:28 (edited)
    Caroline - fan of Audubon
    +1
    I am a vinegar freak. I mostly use malt vinegar and sprinkle it on leafy greens, fish and chips, and mix it with olive oil as a dressing for my salad.
  • u000 2011/04/01 12:07:41 (edited)
    u000
    +1
    cider vinegar in every salad
  • Alex Oger 2011/04/01 01:36:32
    Alex Oger
    +2
    I love it in my salsa
  • Crazy Bill 2011/03/31 22:39:19
    Crazy Bill
    +2
    My wife got me into vinegar and oil salads and I swore never to eat 'rabbit food'.
  • Lady Yui 2011/03/31 21:52:14 (edited)
    Lady Yui
    +1
    I love vinegar. People have always thought I was weird because I like to just sip it, especially a really good balsamic. I always drink at least one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar a day, usually straight from the bottle but occasionally with some bread or on a salad. :)
  • sapphey 2011/03/31 20:37:52
    sapphey
    +2
    yeahh yeah
  • captkirk999 2011/03/31 20:17:13
    captkirk999
    +2
    good for your stomach.
  • Guru Casper BN-ZERO 2011/03/31 17:35:48
    Guru Casper BN-ZERO
    +2
    thanks
    good to season fish!
  • Queen Tamara/Tamar Mepe 2011/03/31 17:08:30
    Queen Tamara/Tamar Mepe
    +2
    I like this very informative!
  • Cthebookworm 2011/03/31 16:59:47
    Cthebookworm
    +1
    Depends
  • Dora Rachael 2011/03/31 15:52:29
    Dora Rachael
    +4
    I have apple cider vinegar every morning. I like mine straight. I have not met a vinegar I do not like :)
  • Randy 2011/03/31 15:44:38
    Randy
    +3
    It compliments spinach and makes salads more healthy.
  • sweetgreatmom 2011/03/31 15:13:57
    sweetgreatmom
    +2
    I like to cleanse myself with a vinegar, honey, and water solution.
  • Basti Runner 2011/03/31 14:34:16
  • DDogbreath 2011/03/31 10:27:55
    DDogbreath
    +2
    A Huckabee supporter called me a douche bag the other day, so make mine a vinegar & water please.
    huckabee supporter douche bag vinegar water
  • Yankee Traveler 2011/03/31 09:57:56
    Yankee Traveler
    +5
  • Dora Ra... Yankee ... 2011/03/31 15:53:34
    Dora Rachael
    +3
    It sure is. I think I am addicted to it.
  • Yankee ... Dora Ra... 2011/03/31 21:03:07
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    I take it in pill form............I love the taste and could drink it ice freaking cold, however it does affect my acid reflux........
  • Dora Ra... Yankee ... 2011/03/31 21:29:14
    Dora Rachael
    +3
    Me too :) I can drink it any way. No acid reflux on my end.
  • comptec... Yankee ... 2011/05/04 13:23:32
    comptech - Quit whining please
    +1
    I don't know if it will work for you, but, I have the same problem. I take a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and wait a minute or two then chase it with the vinegar, it is odd but it doesn't affect my reflux that way.
  • shywink comptec... 2011/05/04 14:35:35
    shywink
    +1
    Thanks Comptech, this was very helpful to me. I will try that for my acid reflux
  • Yankee ... comptec... 2011/05/04 21:42:28
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    It may not affect mine either....cuz I think I'd puke the olive oil......lol........
  • ♠Jen♠ BN - 0 2011/03/31 09:19:55
    ♠Jen♠ BN - 0
    +3
    Vinegar is healthy, I'll give it that. My dad used to make me drink a vinegar and honey concoction that nearly turned my stomach every time. Other than that though, I never got sick while I was drinking it.
  • YvetteMaldonado 2011/03/31 09:18:47 (edited)
    YvetteMaldonado
    +3
    i really dont know why, but, when i was younger i used to drink it straight, i liked the burn.... younger drink straight burn heinz vinegar

2014/07/28 02:55:21