Do you know how to shut off your emotions?

FJ 2011/12/04 22:23:13
Related Topics: Emotion, Emotions

• Faith 2014/09/24 01:13:24
    Yeah!
    Faith
    +1
    Im almost 17 and ive been without emotion since i was 5. Its pretty easy if you start young but it still presents its challenges. Granted i started shutting everything out after my parents divorce and then my moms death. Thats why i had to. But if you all want to shut your emotions out quickly, easily, and painlessly, then picture a place in your mind where you can "in a sense" "trap" your emotions. Lock them up and dont look back. No matter how many times people call you heartless,cold, rude, ignore them. They dont know anything about how you feel other then what you tell them. The only person who truly knows you is you. But only shut things out if your absolutely sure. If you decide to turn back, like in prevuous comments, it wont be easy. So be completely sure you want to go through with it. The biggest part is knowing, for a fact, you dont want that pain anymore. Because if you try, the one main reason you will fail is that you didnt want it enough.
  • Lawrencia Hicks 2014/04/29 04:53:33
    Yeah!
    Lawrencia Hicks
    +1
    For me its weird. Instead of crying I laugh, at everything, a persons pain, even death. I can't help it. I started because crying used to make me feel weak, but now I wish I could. I feel kinda heartless and then I don't care, it sucks.
  • mariaca... Lawrenc... 2014/06/12 22:50:17 (edited)
    mariacahomie.gomez.3
    +1
    I want u to help me please
  • gbrowne0627 2014/04/28 09:37:56
    Yeah!
    gbrowne0627
    I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I have been able to shut downy emotions as long as I can remember. However once you get in the habit of it, you won't let yourself feel a thing for ten years. It's not a "gift" it's a sociopathic tendency. Also, when it comes time that you're ready to change it will be the hardest struggle of your life. There is no lucky me about it! You can be sitting there thinking you're getting better but your mind will shut it off as a defense mechanism without you wanting it. Intense therapy is the only known fix for this, most likely throught a persons life intermittently.
  • Lawrenc... gbrowne... 2014/04/29 04:54:34
    Lawrencia Hicks
    +3
    I agree
  • mariaca... Lawrenc... 2014/06/12 22:54:17 (edited)
    mariacahomie.gomez.3
    +2
    I want someone to help me to turn off my emotional. I done with caring for people ,Im done getting hurt.I dont want feel anymore.
  • charlotte226 2014/04/15 22:15:21
    Is that even possible?
    charlotte226
    +1
    If it is possible teach me because I now know caring gets you hurt.
  • Shannon 2014/03/11 22:43:40
    Yeah!
    Shannon
    +1
    I think it's a defense strategy; if you're hurt, cut off your emotions. If you have no emotions, then there aren't any to hurt. It's simple and effective if you know what you're doing.
  • felicidad 2013/09/26 16:24:05 (edited)
    No!
    felicidad
    The best way is to drop down to a super 'I do not care' mood..but people mistakenly cut off their happy emotions too...when you cut off your emotions all u have to do is cut off the pain and guilt but when something makes you happy then smile...other than that cut off JUST the pain...not everything or else u will feel like everyone else does..depressed, alone, sad...don't get like that
  • felicidad felicidad 2013/09/26 16:26:13
    felicidad
    +1
    I meant to vote Yeah!
  • Lawrenc... felicidad 2014/04/29 04:57:09
    Lawrencia Hicks
    +3
    I struggle with cutting off the pain, because I suffer from depression and anxiety there are times it doesn't work but most of the time it does.
  • jack 2013/09/20 23:09:00
    Yeah!
    jack
    +1
    my option turn dat emotion off you will be soo much happier you wont need to deal with getting your heart broken and not to mention well it is a hard thing to do in case you don't know how their are different ways you can do it not loads but their are a few different ways some could get it at birth where they will never love, care or their is my way which is possibly the hardest way unless you have been trained in it but your brain controls you you don't control it it controls you now if you can learn to control your brain 100% in control off it you control everything from emotional pain turning it up or down, physical pain feeling nothing from a little push to basically getting stabbed or even accessing that other bit off strength you cannot yous basically controlling your brain 100% you can do anything now that is my way it works but is extremely hard to do even now from the age off 4 to 17 their is still a lil bit off a % i cannot access yet. btw feeling nothing is great i feel nout and i hold my head high, not shy, never get heart broken or hurt its better than being some miserable human being crying over someone for days with no emtion ya never deal with it cus you dont have to it just fades its self away faster than you could imagine
  • Danny S... jack 2014/09/11 01:09:10
    Danny Smith
    +2
    Please respond asap I don't want to feel emotion any more its a pain to deal with I know it would save me so much more time to not care I have tried not caring but I can't do it alone I need help from someone to explain how to do it.

Thank you
  • Nydeng 2013/09/02 14:27:31
    Yeah!
    Nydeng
    +1
    It isn't easy but all you have to ask yourself is; Can I handle the pain? If not then lower your care factor to a 0-1 and just don't react. You might be considered cold or heartless but hey, whose getting hurt? NOT YOU!
  • felicidad Nydeng 2013/09/26 16:15:28
    felicidad
    +2
    I agree with you cause it worked for me
  • Lylah Christine 2013/07/12 08:32:29
    Is that even possible?
    Lylah Christine
    the moment you "don't feel any pain anymore" is the moment you become numb, depressed, even desperate. feeling pain is a lot better than feeling nothing. when you feel nothing, you feel like a freak, and that makes you feel even worse.
    i'm pretty sure that's one of the ways depression starts. your emotions just sort of 'shut off' in a sense, and you feel numbness, emptiness. it's the worst feeling ever.
    when this happens, SOME people (like me for instance) just want to feel something, even if it's pain. so they turn to self-harm.
    i only know this from experience, which is bad, considering i'm only a 15 year old girl.
  • Dolores Lylah C... 2013/07/23 19:18:39 (edited)
    Dolores
    +3
    Im also 15 and i agree with u feeling something even pain is better than feeling nothing. I envy my friend who is going through a tough time and cries to feel better... i envy her cus i can't cry or feel anything else but depressed... so i self-harm when i get depressed (witch is a lot)... what im trying to say is that i would rather feel pain than nothing at al
    Ps. I think you cant turn your emotions off urself cus for me they just stopped the last time I cried.
  • felicidad Lylah C... 2013/09/26 16:18:47
    felicidad
    +1
    I agree and disagree...u only get that way of u cut off happiness
    When people say cut off their emotions they mainly mean pain...u dont have to cut off ur happiness or the good feeling..just the pain that try to come ur way...but other than that u should be fine
  • hard dakota 2013/05/20 18:31:35
    No!
    hard dakota
    Turning my émotions off could be the best thing that happens to me, Only if i knew how, how can i stop him from hurting me & affecting me, how can i stop the pain & tears
    Falling in love with him was supposed to rescue me, but it only destroyed me more.. I need help!!
  • felicidad hard da... 2013/09/26 16:20:12
    felicidad
    +2
    When u come to situations just act like u don't care...just drop down to a super 'I do not care' mood...it works
  • alia.mosley 2013/04/08 17:13:09
    Yeah!
    alia.mosley
    +1
    its easy just turn off your humanity switch and live ,i did this because i realized my ex everything he said was a lie and he never cared so i turned off everything . i am cold ,mean and don't care about anything if it does not interest me . so go turn it off you will feel no pain what so ever.
  • jessica... alia.mo... 2013/05/03 02:14:23
    jessica.hadley.58
    +1
    How did u do it I wan to feel no pain. I think of every bad thing and I get upset and cry but now I don't really care anymore. Almost there
  • Varsha ... alia.mo... 2013/05/29 17:10:50
    Varsha Mahadeo
    +2
    soo true
  • brandon alia.mo... 2013/07/02 07:32:04
    brandon
    +1
    How do u turn off ur humanity I'm just done feeling pain and emotions
  • conducks 2013/03/21 10:51:24
    Yeah!
    conducks
    +1
    I have no sadness emotion nor humanity
  • Varsha ... conducks 2013/05/29 17:12:22
    Varsha Mahadeo
    +3
    but how did u do it n how long did it take?
  • conducks Varsha ... 2013/07/11 19:44:45
    conducks
    I just had heaps of people harassing me and pushing me around cried myself to sleep one night wake up and I felt free and I couldn't care what people say now. Pet dies, I don't care. It just doesn't affect me at all. But scary thing is, I feel as if I could easily take someone's life if I wanted to. I wouldn't feel guilty or grief.
  • charlot... conducks 2014/04/15 22:14:10
    charlotte226
    +1
    Do you actually feel nothing?
  • moufdgbc 2012/12/07 06:39:04
    Yeah!
    moufdgbc
    its easy. think of the biggest, most saddest tragedy in your life. keep thinking about it until you feel like ur going to die.ur emotions might become numb.i tried this and it works.other stuff might be like thinking of the person you hate the most.only side effect is that you might lose ur humanity.
  • Stephanie Briggs 2012/01/25 20:22:43
    No!
    Stephanie Briggs
    +1
    sure don't...can't control them let alone shut em off!
  • Christopher Dresbach 2011/12/06 00:30:26
    Yeah!
    Christopher Dresbach
    +2
    I have strongly loved women before and then cut off my emotions from them when they treated me badly and I finally could not take it anymore. I love me, too.
  • METALheadMom 2011/12/05 04:40:45
    Is that even possible?
    METALheadMom
    +1
    I know when to stop from them going out of control, I don't believe in hiding them completely. Unless someone is stupid, it is obvious what I am feeling. How they react makes all the difference in the world as to how much of my emotion they will have to handle. Just today, I was really angry, but did not say what I felt like saying, because I had my kids with me. I came home and wrote a very scalding letter to the corporate office about my experience instead. Stuffing emotions just puts them on the back burner. Eventually they do come out, and rarely at who, or when, they should. That is not good for anyone involved. It's best to deal with your feelings as soon as possible.
  • Monster Claws 2011/12/05 03:48:34
    No!
    Monster Claws
    +1
    im working on it.... slowly getting closer to perfect
  • Jane Constant 2011/12/05 00:29:16
    Yeah!
    Jane Constant
    +1
    Just block everything out. Try not to think about anything. Some find it easiest to do this in a quiet place. Some think loud music helps. Different strokes for different folks. But it CAN be done. And without having to resort to the use of drugs or alcohol!
  • Doug King Jane Co... 2011/12/05 01:12:59
    Doug King
    +1
    I'm gonna try that, thanks!
  • Mamaknows 2011/12/05 00:26:13
    Yeah!
    Mamaknows
    +2
    I learned how very young but it's not a healthy thing to do....and it can be habit forming and stop you from living life in the fullest experience.
  • FJ Mamaknows 2011/12/05 00:27:14
    FJ
    Yeah I have been told that...
  • Vision of Verve 2011/12/05 00:17:23
  • Silly Ness 2011/12/04 23:40:43
    Yeah!
    Silly Ness
    +1
    I know how, stuff yourself with pills! (Please don't.)

But really, there's no way to "shut off" emotions without being turned into a human vegetable, you'll just have to endure in stride.
  • Christmas; In Chrome 2011/12/04 23:38:35
    Yeah!
    Christmas; In Chrome
    +2
    I've made it a way of life...

2014/11/23 12:58:19