Do you judge people who has committed suicide?

GoDucks5 2012/12/29 12:21:57
Related Topics: suicide, Judge

• ~TimelordGallifrey~ 2013/04/22 14:49:26
    ~TimelordGallifrey~
    I feel sad about it because you lose your life and don't get to experience it longer or enjoy it! I hav lost acquaintances and friends due to suicide because they were bullied to much for being who they were wich was gay!!!! So, I try to talk to my friends about not doing it because I love them too much to see them do this to themselves. I almost commited suicide because I was bullied for being white and Russian. So my friend Alina played one of my favorite bands by the name of My Chemical Romance because she tight tht once I listen to their songs I would reconsider doing that. I later told myself that wat was I thinking soon this to myself, I don't want to lose my life because then I wouldn't ever see my friends or family ever again. So I owe my life to My Chemical Romance and Adam Lambert because they hav changed my life and turned into a new direction. I will always be grateful to them and will always love them til the day that I die. They hav saved my life and I'm glad that they did. So if ur ever thinking about commiting suicide please don't do it!!!!!!
  • Tim 2013/01/06 20:17:57
    Tim
    It's selfish and irrational.

People who sympathize with suicide should kill themselves.
  • butterscotch 2013/01/03 12:52:05
    butterscotch
    My brother commited suicide nearly 3 years ago
    the saying goes those that judge cast the first stone
  • FarmerJon 2013/01/02 16:58:29
    FarmerJon
    No, not at all. However, I do judge people (rightly or wrongly) for improper grammar. "... people who has ...."?
  • ghostrider 2013/01/02 02:42:40
    ghostrider
    +1
    A total waste of time, isn't it?
  • LonerBoner 2013/01/01 18:58:09
    LonerBoner
    +1
    Even though I dont think suicide accomplishes anything, I would never be able to judge someone who went through so much and committed suicide. Also, respect for the dead.
  • Sarah 2013/01/01 09:04:22
    Sarah
    +1
    Who am I to judge others?
  • lisa 2012/12/31 18:12:42
    lisa
    +1
    Never judge someone when you haven't walked in their shoes...Life is not easy..Pain is real coping skills are necessities in life many people don't have to handle hardships and difficult times people may find themeselves in that are unbearable..
    I pray for the people that commit suicide/families.I know they are in peace with God and their loved ones in Heaven.
  • keelan 2012/12/31 14:09:24
    keelan
    +1
    lol i sometimes envy people who die and who take their own life
  • Sista Nunya 2012/12/31 08:32:04
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/12/31 08:30:14
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    It depends
  • Spyro 2012/12/31 04:08:06 (edited)
    Spyro
    +2
    In the past I use to think those who did commit suicide and cut themselves or harm themselves in any way were cowards, but the more my life got harder the more I understood their pain and feelings and changed how I look at them.

I now find them to be a lot stronger then me, because even tho I'm still alive taking beatings here and there, I could never take my own life, in order to get to that point you would of had to take so much beatings and face so much problems that the only thought running in your mind is escaping for good, death, and death is the scariest thing to most people. Which also makes them strong for being able to take their own lives!

So for them to have even thought and made that decision they must have underwent intense pain and pressure, and for how long they lasted, shows how strong and brave they were, but sadly gave up.

I respect anyone going through tough times and those who took their lives and I hope they forgive me for my old thoughts!
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/12/31 03:16:52
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +1
    Sometimes, the circumstances aren't clear for us to judge whether or not the person made the right choice in ending their lives. Instead of judging their actions, it's better to just remember the good things about them and let them rest in peace.
  • josh parker 2012/12/31 02:29:09
    josh parker
    +2
    I grieve the pain they must have been in.
  • YourGurll<3 2012/12/31 00:16:07
    YourGurll<3
    +1
    No. You Don't What They've Been Through!
  • Emi 5 2012/12/30 22:06:57
    Emi 5
    +1
    I don't know their reasioning. And a few months ago a cousin I was quite fond of committed suicide. I do believe I know why he did it. He had just found out he had terminal cancer, and he'd been through most of his family members having protracted deaths due to cancer and emphysema. He didn't want to go through that or put anyone else through it again. Since he was going to die anyway, he wanted to do it on his own terms. I'm not sure I agree with him, but it wasn't my death being determined.
  • Brandon 2012/12/30 19:51:30
    Brandon
    +1
    I feel sorry for them. But never judge. Even if they are like the sandy hook shooter. He obviously had mental problems. Issues. Even if we didn't know about them.
  • Willy 2012/12/30 19:47:10
    Willy
    +3
    Yes, they are selfish and thoughtless. My grandfather committed suicide 57 years ago, and I have never forgave him.
  • Cameleon Willy 2012/12/31 02:36:02
    Cameleon
    +2
    That says a lot more about you than it does about him.
  • Tommy Willy 2012/12/31 07:26:10
    Tommy
    +1
    Yes, it is a very selfish act.
  • GoDucks5 Willy 2012/12/31 07:37:39 (edited)
    GoDucks5
    +1
    It is selfish but you don't know what they have been through. You need to learn how to forgive. I am assuming you are perfect and never have made a mistake though, right? I am sorry about your grandfather but you shouldn't judge him. He was probably going through a lot. You don't know what he was going through.
  • Accuser 2012/12/30 19:16:53
  • sonofason 2012/12/30 18:10:55
  • Dave In Cali 2012/12/30 10:20:25
    Dave In Cali
    +3
    Yes. With the rare exception of endless physical agony, I feel that suicide is the coward's selfish way out of life.
  • Cameleon Dave In... 2012/12/31 02:36:36
    Cameleon
    +1
    It is cowardly to fear death
  • Tommy Cameleon 2012/12/31 07:30:01
    Tommy
    +1
    It is nothing to do with one's feelings about one's own demise. It is about the legacy of anguish and upset that you leave behind you.
  • Cameleon Tommy 2012/12/31 12:34:03
    Cameleon
    +1
    How outrageous that you think that those left behind are more important that the person who is suicidal. That is one of the most self centered and ignorant statements I have ever heard.

A persons life and their personal anguish is about them, not the other members of their family. It is about their personal horror and emotional or physical pain. To suggest that the bystanders are more important is an outrage to humanity.
  • Tommy Cameleon 2012/12/31 17:35:57
    Tommy
    +1
    My opinion is no more "outrageous" than yours. It does seem to be your buzz word, doesn't it? If someone does not agree with with you it seems to be outrageous. Incidentally, I do agree that there may be the odd exception - like for example, unbearable, untreatable pain, in which case I may well be in favour of what they call "assisted suicide"
  • Cameleon Tommy 2013/02/14 04:28:35
    Cameleon
    I do not have any 'buzz' words. I use the words that are appropriate when fools think they are have the only opinion of value. The fact is that each individual has their own life to live and you seem to completely forget about the anguish of the person who is dying or in extreme pain. That is the most selfish and inhumane of all positions possible.

You seem to think that only 'your' rules are acceptable in 'odd' situations. YOu want to be the judge and jury to make decisions for the lives of others. That is way beyond arrogant and egotistical.
  • Tommy Cameleon 2013/02/14 17:21:15
    Tommy
    I too use the words that are appropriate when fools think they are have the only opinion of value. Arrogant twit!!

What makes you think your opinion is any more valuable then mine (other than sheer unadulterated arrogance)? I "seem" to "think" I have a valid opinion on this and take no shame in fully expressing it before my peers. That is after all the purpose of this site.

What has suddenly rattled your cage about this anyway, two months down the line? Get a life and go irritate someone else.
  • Dave In... Cameleon 2013/01/02 12:05:26
    Dave In Cali
    One need not fear death to appreciate living.
  • Cameleon Dave In... 2013/02/14 04:30:55
    Cameleon
    +1
    I find it odd to fear death at all. It seems that those who fear death the most are those who profess to be religious. Those of us who live good lives and have a healthy relationship with reality have no fear of death. But we also have an enormous appreciation for the live we have. In fact we enjoy much more as we are not always anticipating the greater reward and carrot offered by religion of the afterlife.
  • Yankee Traveler 2012/12/30 09:14:24
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    It isn't up to me to judge someone morally. However I do believe that cowards kill themselves. I do believe that some people have been raised to run from their issues, and when their issues have caught up with them then said people feel that there is no other alternative. I believe the strong survive. I believe that it takes guts to kill ones self.............in the short run. I do believe however that it takes even more guts to face your issues, solve and resolve and move ahead of them, makes for a stronger and mentally healthier person.
  • Cameleon Yankee ... 2012/12/31 03:12:23
    Cameleon
    +1
    It take a great deal of bravery to face death.
  • Simeon~thegayliberal 2012/12/30 07:25:13
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +1
    It's funny how people say suicide is "selfish" when THEY are the ones who are being selfish because they just want the person to stick around for their own SELFISH benefit.
  • Cameleon Simeon~... 2012/12/31 02:36:57
    Cameleon
    +2
    exactly
  • Nay ॐ ‏ 2012/12/30 07:16:10
    Nay ॐ ‏
    +1
    Never have, never will.
  • Relay 2012/12/30 06:44:48
    Relay
    +1
    selfish stupid f***ing people, comes to mind
  • Cameleon Relay 2012/12/31 02:37:31
    Cameleon
    +1
    How can you say that when you have no idea what their motivation is?
  • Relay Cameleon 2013/01/01 02:46:16
    Relay
    does it matter? there are tons of people out there that would have given the t-shirt off there back to find a way to help them, but instead they don't reach out and the only way to fix there problems is to take there own life...
    what about the few people that actually loved them? how would you explain there motivation to them?
    because lets face it, if that was my kid, i would blame myself for whatever it was that i could have done to prevent there death, and to have to put a Anyone through that is selfish.

so yes please judge me for the way i think OR explain your way of thinking to me

2014/10/25 01:58:51