Do you is in favor of abortion ?

Jlmpatro 2013/03/12 07:11:39
Related Topics: Abortion

• Smokey 2013/03/12 15:26:19
    Smokey
    +4
    For me and my wife, it's a personal decission that we do not believe in abortion. With that said, I support the current laws we have in our country, and it is NOT up to me to tell someone else what they can do with their bodies.

• John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2013/03/18 01:09:08
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    I have to admit I have thought about what my life would be like , if my mom had made an abortion of me, it's seems better to me that she didn't. I guess the best place to start would be to examine my own feelings on the issue. The first question is "Do I have the right to have an opinion on this subject?" What we are talking about is a procedure between a woman and a doctor. I will say I have reservations about any doctor, who is willing to perform these procedures. To those who specialize in it try reading your hippocratic oath again. Logic tells me, as an individual, that I have no say and therefore no opinion is necessary.

There was this picture on the cover of Life magazine, that the radical side of the pro-lifers wants to use as their new poster child. This picture I have an opinion about! The picture appears to be a baby reaching out of it's mother's womb. They say this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that fetuses are people. Well guess what we already knew that. The real abortion question is whether or not it's murder to kill a fetus. This picture, if you read the story was posed, the doctor removed the little arm to make a photo opt! Here in lies the real story behind this picture. Who do these doctors think they are? Operations on fetuses, offends me as much, if no...

There was this picture on the cover of Life magazine, that the radical side of the pro-lifers wants to use as their new poster child. This picture I have an opinion about! The picture appears to be a baby reaching out of it's mother's womb. They say this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that fetuses are people. Well guess what we already knew that. The real abortion question is whether or not it's murder to kill a fetus. This picture, if you read the story was posed, the doctor removed the little arm to make a photo opt! Here in lies the real story behind this picture. Who do these doctors think they are? Operations on fetuses, offends me as much, if not more than abortion. I can not believe, that such an invasive penetration in to the mothers body or the unborn baby's world could be necessary. I can not believe that this child will ever lead a normal life. Of course the Doctors will blame it on the "disease" that they were trying to fix in the first place. This child will likely live a short life full of pain and agony. It's medical expenses will pay for some doctors play toys. Money is what that picture is really about.

However I am not Vulcan, and have other influences, like morality and spirituality. Spiritually I accept all death as the ends to the means. We are all heading for the same imperative. How ever killing I have a problem with. In nature killing is pragmatic, you eat meat, you need to eat, you kill your dinner. The human race however has developed killing into artistic rituals, and devised killing machines, often without meaning or purpose. Guns Knives and bombs, never solved a problem. But I digress...

If I were in the situation where a women was carrying my child I would do everything in my power to protect that child. If said women, wanted to abort this child, I would do everything in my power to convince her to have the child and raise it myself. My spirit tells me it is the right thing to do. My spirit also tells me that if women were being forced to have abortions. That I would certainly take to the streets in outrage.

My real point is the problem has been solved, Roe vrs Wade. Settled, those who would like to kill their offspring can,(up to 14 weeks) and those of us who don't can believe that they and their doctors will burn in hell for all eternity. Seems like a fair compromise to me. I remember a famous spokesperson once said no compromise is a good compromise unless all parties are pissed off at the outcome...

So Abortion is here to stay, it will not go away, laws can't and won't stop it. Now that the question has been settled, what can anti-abortionists do to reduce the number of abortions being preformed?
    Is the ritual extraction of a fetus the problem or is it something else?
    How about condoning safe sex or abstinence?
    How about fighting date rape drugs? How about adopting unwanted children?
    How about supporting RU-486 as the morning after cure?
    How about banning inter-womb surgeries?
    Abortion will go away if the need for it goes away...
  • Keith 2013/03/15 20:49:15
    Keith
    I is not in favor of abortion.
  • ian.loren 2013/03/13 17:52:30
    ian.loren
    Seriously...to the dude who wrote this..who taught you grammar??
  • Messenger 2013/03/13 15:11:10
    Messenger
    I am Pro-Choice, I do not believe that anyone is in favor of abortion. They simply want that as an option if necessary.
  • Tonya 2013/03/13 03:29:26
    Tonya
    +1
    incest or rape- Yes
    means of birth control- No
    late term - No
  • MadMax 2013/03/13 00:21:07
    MadMax
    What?
  • I <3 Nezumi 2013/03/12 22:49:33
    I <3 Nezumi
    +1
    as long as it's a child i don't want that came from a rape.
  • Messenger I <3 Ne... 2013/03/13 15:12:09
    Messenger
    That means you are pro-choice. Not really in favor of abortion.
  • Earthly Resident 2013/03/12 22:10:08
    Earthly Resident
    +1
    I do, and i'm not getting into the same dead end debate for a thousandth frickin' time. its horrible, but abortion is a fact of life, many species deals with these issues, deal with it
  • Katherine 2013/03/12 22:06:48
    Katherine
    100% against abortion.
  • LayLady 2013/03/12 20:38:24
    LayLady
    +1
    If the mom might die, yeah, but for the sake of getting one because you can't be responsible, no.
    I know there's more to it though, but bottom line, it needs to be an option.
  • MW121 2013/03/12 20:18:19
    MW121
    +1
    I'm all for the choice..
  • roxie 2013/03/12 19:55:06
    roxie
    +1
    Private Medical Decision!
    None of Your Bussiness.
    overpopulation overpopulation
  • Mr.Steve 2013/03/12 17:24:04
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2013/03/12 17:03:48
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    While I consider myself "pro-life" I can understand why a girl or woman who became pregnant through rape may consider an abortion. I can also understand that a girl or woman may choose abortion if the pregnancy poses a serious threat to her health or life. I personally have a hard time seeing myself getting an abortion, but that's just me.
  • addie 2013/03/12 16:41:42
    addie
    +1
    Pro-choice although I do think most people should get an abortion, so I am almost just pro abortion. lol
  • Car1u5~PWCM~JLA 2013/03/12 16:36:43
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    In some cases yes.
  • Masaca 2013/03/12 16:34:40
    Masaca
    +3
    I'm not so much in favor of abortion as I am against the anti-abortionists
  • Smokey 2013/03/12 15:26:19
    Smokey
    +4
  • Clay Slayer 2013/03/12 14:55:05
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    What a person does that is LEGAL is none of my damned business..
  • Kaeyah 2013/03/12 14:20:48
    Kaeyah
    +1
    Babies are innocent and they should be able to have the chance to live.
    Even if their mother screwed up, and got herself knocked up.
  • Messenger Kaeyah 2013/03/13 15:14:27
    Messenger
    Women do not get 'knocked up" by herself.
  • Kaeyah Messenger 2013/03/14 13:51:52
    Kaeyah
    True, but I'm sure you know what I meant.
  • Messenger Kaeyah 2013/03/16 03:15:38
    Messenger
    I am very aware of people who insist that only women are responsible for pregnancy. I find that incredibly sad. There is rarely a marriage that would ever be sustained with out a sexual component to it. To insist that only women are the ones who have a sex drive and the only ones involved in relationships, in not even close to reality.
  • Kaeyah Messenger 2013/03/16 14:24:59
    Kaeyah
    I agree 100%.
    I just worded it wrong.
  • Messenger Kaeyah 2013/03/16 23:23:15
    Messenger
    thanks for the clarification
  • Kaeyah Messenger 2013/03/20 13:10:10
    Kaeyah
    You're welcome :3
  • Fanghur 2013/03/12 13:19:59
    Fanghur
    +3
    Yes, I believe that a woman has the right to bodily autonomy.
  • Tic-Toc 2013/03/12 13:12:55
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    Depends on the reason for it.
  • MissLeviathan 2013/03/12 12:53:06
    MissLeviathan
    +2
    Yep, I am
  • Vitalani 2013/03/12 10:21:05
    Vitalani
    +2
    Absolutely.
  • Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2013/03/12 09:44:20
  • LadyMorgana696 2013/03/12 09:15:53
    LadyMorgana696
    +2
    yes for sure less people
  • John 2013/03/12 08:03:48
    John
    I don't think anyone likes abortion. I don't, but then again I am a guy and I'm looking at it from a whole different perspective.
  • Clay Sl... John 2013/03/12 14:56:47
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    77% of anti abortionist are Male.. They are the ones that want to control women..
  • John Clay Sl... 2013/03/12 16:45:25
    John
    Do you think that out of the 77% of male pro lifers that the majority are right wing Christians? At least that would be my guess. I think their goal is to control everyone according to their fairytale believes.

I honestly don't think the majority of men in my age group want to control women. Obviously, I don't have any data to support that claim. I'm basing my thoughts on what I have seen and experienced in my small circle.

I support leaving the law as it is and let each woman decide on her own what is right. No judgements or guilt trips.
  • Clay Sl... John 2013/03/12 17:18:23
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    I saw an anti abortion rally being held on the side of the highway here.. Most were men, carrying signs of some church or another, against abortion.. what they dont realize is that in their fairy tale book , it condones abortion.. Here are some good examples of Women hypocrites...

http://mypage.direct.ca/w/wri...
  • Messenger Clay Sl... 2013/03/13 15:17:06
    Messenger
    In that anti-abortions groups there are many who have already had aboritions.
  • Katherine John 2013/03/12 22:08:44 (edited)
    Katherine
    +1
    No. There's pro-life democrats, seculars and Atheists, feminists and teenagers. I forgot minorities. Alveda King has a blog of pro-life websites and info.
  • Messenger John 2013/03/13 15:16:29
    Messenger
    +1
    agreed

2014/09/17 00:49:03