Do you have to be wealthy to be spoiled?

Vision of Verve 2012/08/12 02:14:00
Yeah, Duh! Only rich people can be spoiled.
Nope. It's all about how you spend.
There seems to be an awful lot of quarreling regarding monetary income. I see a lot of spite toward the rich, they're constantly being called names like spoiled and I'm just trying to understand why.
So what do you think? Are rich people the only people who can be considered spoiled or can the average and the less than average be spoiled as well?

• MyDaydream90 2012/08/12 02:43:54
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    MyDaydream90
    +4
    Nope, people who aren't rich can be spoiled and people who are rich aren't necessarily all spoiled. For one thing, you can be spoiled in non-financial/material ways. Also, there are people who don't have much, but they didn't work for what they do have and, yet, they still feel entitled to it.

• Reichstolz 2012/08/25 16:24:30
    Reichstolz
    It is the constant rhetoric of the media, the glamor rags, etc. I would contend those who are spoiled are those who do not have wealth and exist regardless their lack of effort.
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/08/25 15:56:06
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
    It's all a matter of priorities. I.e., I'm not wealthy, but could not live without my air conditioner. lol
  • Stardust 2012/08/25 15:00:53
  • Tasine 2012/08/25 14:13:51
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Tasine
    +1
    I'd have preferred to vote "other". It is all about how you THINK. It's all about your value system, your personal code. It isn't even really about money. It's actually about greed and control of others.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/08/25 13:59:19
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    I have rich friends they are very down to earth, I've seen a lot more spoiled poor people living off others money.
  • Danielle 2012/08/13 20:49:55
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Danielle
    Some rich people can be humble, and other classes can spend money hand over fist and act like spoiled brats as well as some rich people acting like rich b*%$32!.
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/08/13 14:33:57
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Lerro DeHazel
    +1
    Wealth is not just about money.
  • Teresa 2012/08/12 19:41:22
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Teresa
    +2
    When being spoiled become all about material things?
    For me, spoiled kids are those who didn't have any kind of limits when growing up, they don't understand the meaning of the word no, they always want to have their's own way, have frequent temper tantrums, are manipulative.
    It has nothing to do with buying them averything they ask for, even if that can be part of the problem.
  • ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/08/12 13:01:09
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    +2
    Look at ALL the people living well beyond their means. Mortgages. Credit cards. Stupidity if you ask me. Spending money you haven't even made yet. Materialism is one of the banes of our society. It's pathetic.
  • Raphy 2012/08/12 04:22:38
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Raphy
    +2
    I grew up around kids who parent were not wealthy. But they got about anything they asked for. Got to learn to say no to your kids. Or at least help them to appreciate a dollar.
  • Sweet-N-Sour 2012/08/12 04:21:56
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +3
    Okay, but to be spoiled has evolved in it's meaning. Originally, it meant that a child was not disciplined or taught their place in the world, thus "spoiled", as in no good anymore. Brats. Anyone could be spoiled from lazy parenting. I know some people today who are not rich, they have one kid, they don't give him everything he wants but he is spoiled in his attitude. They apologize to him for getting upset with him when he does something wrong, like hitting other children across the face when they don't play the way he likes. Yeah, apologize to HIM! He acts entitled, has temper tantrums, and tells his parents what to do. Now THAT is my definition of spoiled.
    Today it means being given things. That makes no sense. I have known perfectly lovely children who have it all.
  • Matt M 2012/08/12 03:55:27
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Matt  M
    +2
    But having more money makes it more likely; 1) typically you get money by working your ass off. So you have less time. 2) you view things different. If you ahve money you don't think of a $100 request as a big deal.

So yes, it requires more effort to not produce a brat if you have money.
  • Elephant Lord 2012/08/12 03:14:43
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Elephant Lord
    +2
    Anyone can be spoiled. Although I see a lot more spite toward the poor. They're constantly being labeled as lazy, uneducated, parasites, etc.
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/08/12 02:49:50
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +2
    Wealth doesnt have all to do with it
  • Huki68 2012/08/12 02:47:24
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    Huki68
  • La 2012/08/12 02:44:27
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    La
    +2
    Kids can be spoiled. If they get whatever they want and there's no discipline, they are spoiled.
  • MyDaydream90 2012/08/12 02:43:54
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    MyDaydream90
    +4
  • BehindTheseEyes 2012/08/12 02:26:00
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    BehindTheseEyes
    +3
    I'm far from what I'd call wealthy, but I was a spoiled child.
  • bmxschoolbus 2012/08/12 02:18:26
    Nope. It's all about how you spend.
    bmxschoolbus
    +2
    we are far from wealthy and we spoil our daughter
  • Vision of Verve 2012/08/12 02:17:43

2014/11/27 09:30:54