Do You Have a Favorite Yearbook Message?

With many school districts considering whether or not to cut yearbooks from their budget to save money, CNN asked its iReporters to share some of their most memorable high school yearbook messages.

However, the most fascinating story we saw was in a user comment in response to the CNN article.

User Kathy wrote, "Even though we had broke up, my first high school boyfriend signed my yearbook. Part of what he said was he hoped we would be friends. We lost touch after high school but 19 years after signing my yearbook he found me on Facebook; we married less than two months later. It has since become my favorite yearbook message."

Do you have any yearbook memories to share?

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/06/10/yearbooks.irp...

• BackInAction 2011/06/13 19:18:32
    Yes! Here's my story...
    BackInAction
    +5
    last year i graduated from 8th grade and my best friend (whos a boy) wrote: "I remember all those times you told me to never date a slutty cheerleader, I'm sorry I didnt listen...BIG MISTAKE... I went to her house and her mom told me to go upstairs and make me grandkids. Aaannndd thats when I ran out the door and went to your house....gooodd tiiimmmess" lol I was laughing rlly hard..

• Michaelene 2011/06/17 11:35:34
    Nope
    Michaelene
    Although my son just graduated, he did not want a yearbook. I bought it anyway. $80 is so worth it because althoug he dosen't realize it now, these are his glory days and he will fondly rememberr them 20 years from now and thank me for the book.
  • Tab Bear[: 2011/06/14 21:21:34
    Nope
    Tab Bear[:
    I haven't gotten a year book since 5th grade because of the fact that they are so expensive. When I did get year books I didn't have anyone write in them.
  • ken.chartrand1 2011/06/14 15:01:53
    Yes! Here's my story...
    ken.chartrand1
    "Come back when you grow up girl..."
  • I Wish I Were A Skywalker..... 2011/06/14 11:47:47
    Yes! Here's my story...
    I Wish I Were A Skywalker... ~ In Television I Trust
    "You may not know me, but I know you...
    In exactly fourteen and a half hours after reading this, we will meet. I have been watching you for a long time. I know you.
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Sincerely,
    Daniel :)"
  • Myrle Hulme 2011/06/14 07:43:27
    Nope
    Myrle Hulme
    We did not do it
  • clarissa Iskandar 2011/06/14 06:55:15
    Nope
    clarissa Iskandar
    they just tend to use "blablabla" that i've already knew.
  • Bob 2011/06/14 06:44:19
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Bob
    +3
    It was from my wife before we were dating it said:
    Bob,
    you are a cool cat and I wish we had
    more time in this year to talk and
    such during math (because I hate
    our teacher) But just keep in mind,
    I got your address and I will snail you
    all the time. I hope we keep in touch!
    -Jill

this part was crossed out but I read it:
    PS
    bob, I think you should know,
    I like you a lot more than you
    know! Stop by my locker
    after class if you like me too!

Even though it was crossed I went to her locker after school and we were in love since! :)
  • holdenferall 2011/06/14 06:18:46
    Nope
    holdenferall
    I always knew high school was but dust in the wind.
  • Rachael Helms - BN01 2011/06/14 05:56:01
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Rachael Helms - BN01
    One of my friends wrote: Hey we're not kids anymore, want to get together and do it. It was a good laugh for me.
  • Just Jenn for Now 2011/06/14 04:11:46
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Just Jenn for Now
    My BFF wrote THREE whole pages in mine XD I wouldn't DARE post it all here!!
  • Toodleloo SodaHead 2011/06/14 04:10:55
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Toodleloo SodaHead
    +1
    "I remember when you finally found out what a Lesbian was, dummy." - Second Grade
    (I didn't know about anything gay until I was eleven XD) I was so unintentionally sheltered!

"Always remember that I'd go gay for you." - Seventh Grade

"I hope a fairy gives you my babies." - Kindergarten
    Back then we all believed that babies came from fairies and Unicorns. Yes. That's right. Unicorns. Nyeh.
  • stewart.tsung 2011/06/14 03:52:54
    Yes! Here's my story...
    stewart.tsung
    its too longggg~~~
  • Gabby S. 2011/06/14 02:46:58
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Gabby S.
    When I graduated from Elementary; (Okay, promotion. Whatever)
    Gabby, I realized the crap those girls put you through was jealousy. I don't like you that way, and I'm sorry last year went so bad. I REALLY want to be your friend. You seem like a cool girl. Look me up on facebook, or call my number. (By the way I think you're pretty. :))

I was put through bullying, trying to get to know a boy I liked. (Which was him.) I was thrilled when I got it, and we are great friends to this day. We also crack awesome jokes about porn. LOL

My AWESOME Fifth Grade teacher;
    His email
    GABBY ROCKS!
    His signature.

He was like a father to me. A therapist, a teacher, and my friend.

Oh, I'm tearing up trying to type. LOL, I'll just stop.
  • Joes Mama Nicole 2011/06/14 02:32:28
    Nope
    Joes Mama Nicole
    +1
    We just had to buy a second one for a girl in my son’s class. The boys don't like her because, "She's a brat Mom"... My son and his friend decided to write, "You suck" (my son wrote that) and (his friend wrote)"Crap", that’s a big deal in 5th grade!!! hehehe We actually turned the whole thing into a learning experience for our sons... "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" The money was from a gift card that my son had just gotten for his b-day and his friend lost some from his allowance. $30 bucks is a big deal for 11yo boys, lesson learned!
  • MeganST 2011/06/14 02:31:03
    Nope
    MeganST
    I looked back at all the yearbooks I have at the moment and saw mostly HAGS (have a great summer.) and 'see you next year' (I didn't see those people the next year or ever again.) only a few intersting ones.
  • glass_butterfly ~YSU~ 2011/06/14 02:13:39
    Yes! Here's my story...
    glass_butterfly ~YSU~
    +2
    My friend wrote: I don't regret meeting you but I do regret sitting next to you in three of my most important classes. What good are you if I can't cheat off of you? Seriously use your summer to get smart then we'll talk seating arrangements for next year.- Cole Porter
  • TheMadChameleon 2011/06/14 02:09:06
    Yes! Here's my story...
    TheMadChameleon
    Oh goodness, where to begin...... My super-religious friend wrote in my yearbook, "Jesus loves you.... Almost as much as he loves me." That, right next to the signing from my "friend with no soul" just cracks me up.

The favorite one I ever WROTE was.... more of drawing than writing. A forest of trees to the yearbook of said soulless friend, to commemorate an event that happened in a tabletop we play.
  • Jason 2011/06/14 01:58:36
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Jason
    +3
    "Have a great summer." Brought tears to my eyes.
  • T. Roll Jason 2011/06/14 19:17:13
    T. Roll
    +1
    LMAO - you old softy, you.
  • Jason T. Roll 2011/06/14 19:19:40
    Jason
    +1
    What can I say? I'm hopelessly sentimental!
  • MOJ 2011/06/13 23:34:23 (edited)
  • Anna E 2011/06/13 21:56:30
    Yes! Here's my story...
    Anna E
    +2
    One of my best gfs wrote, "You're a nut, but the finest kinda nut". Only one I can remember. :D
  • Glfer65 Anna E 2011/06/14 03:32:11
    Glfer65
    +1
    The best one in my year book is someone writing in the base of two pages. And they said, "Let me be the first to write in your crack!"
  • Anna E Glfer65 2011/06/15 19:18:39
    Anna E
    lol Classy!
  • P.J 2011/06/13 21:47:09
    Yes! Here's my story...
    P.J
    Yea mine was in da 8th grade it said " I love you Ashley you did the best in the show BY FAR" && it waz written by ma crush so yea
  • glrocksmysoxs 2011/06/13 21:09:14
    Yes! Here's my story...
    glrocksmysoxs
    I hav a favorite signature from my 5th grade teacher, Mr. Gadbury. it read: Dear Stephanie, Miss. Entertainment. Keep smiling, I love your facial expressions i started laughing when i read it!
  • Nika 2011/06/13 20:53:53
    Nope
    Nika
    I don't really do the yearbook thing. Maybe next year though because it's my senior year
  • abby 2011/06/13 20:50:30
    Yes! Here's my story...
    abby
    +1
    Abby-
    I will always remember you, The crap we talked the pranks we pulled, The dirty looks we shared, well all the bad bull crap.. over the years, it was a fun year, cant believe were going to end it so soon, i wis i was there for you when you needed me. just remember you can text me or call me, :) and we can hang out too :) -Niki
  • MOMMA THOMAS 2011/06/13 20:41:48
    Yes! Here's my story...
    MOMMA THOMAS
    ".....ALWAYS WANTED TO TELL YOU I THINK YOU'RE A DEAD RINGER OF BRIGITTE BARDOT." (THAT WAS IN 1959, ...THAT'S STILL VERY FLATTERING!) ..GREAT GRANDMA
  • JB Lover 2011/06/13 20:40:39
    Nope
    JB Lover
    im in middle school we dont get yearbooks until high school in canada
  • PяєттyYσυиgTнiиg 2011/06/13 20:24:11
    Nope
    PяєттyYσυиgTнiиg
    We don't have yearbooks here.
  • FantasyAuthor 2011/06/13 20:16:37
    Yes! Here's my story...
    FantasyAuthor
    My third year of highschool when the guy that I thought that was HOT(not anymore, but is cute)comment in my year book.
  • animelover123 2011/06/13 20:07:18
    Yes! Here's my story...
    animelover123
    My friend wrote "The point of year books is to write upside down your great and funny and i hope to see u next year"
    It was funny because it was upside down and i did the same thing in her's but wrote a differnt message
  • megh-momma-flex 2011/06/13 20:04:11
    Yes! Here's my story...
    megh-momma-flex
    +3
    i always sign people's cracks
  • I_Love_You_Forever1231 2011/06/13 19:52:58
    Yes! Here's my story...
    I_Love_You_Forever1231
    well when i was still in school my BESTFRIEND kaylah (lol we kissed yesterdayxD just for fun tho:P) she was like
    imma miss u gurlie-imma miss skiping mr.duncans class every day, all the pranks to mrs.flowers room, and in cooking class-the sugar and flour goin EVERYWHER!!!! imma miss you TEXT MEEEE:) I LOVE YOU-
    kakakaylah♥
  • moonchild 2011/06/13 19:51:20
    Nope
    moonchild
    I never bought a yearbook and my parents refused to buy one for me.
  • goodogcarl moonchild 2011/06/13 21:02:34
    goodogcarl
    what was their objection to a yearbook?

how much ARE yearbooks these days?
  • moonchild goodogcarl 2011/06/13 21:25:16
    moonchild
    +2
    When I was young, there were four of us and they simply couldn't afford to buy us all one, so they bought none of us one. When I got a job at 15, they said 'if you want one, you can buy it with your own money'... as a teenager I really couldn't care less about spending $20.00 of my own money on something I didn't want to remember all that badly. lol

Having said that, I bought my son a yearbook for his Kinder year, and will buy one for his 1st grade year when the school year starts up again.. I'll do the same for his brother. I'm hoping they like school more than I did. ;)
  • Toodlel... goodogcarl 2011/06/14 04:02:00
    Toodleloo SodaHead
    In my High School, $75.00 XD In Jr. High they were, like, less than $30.00. If you buy the left overs (unclaimed) they're $80.00 cash.

A bit too expensive for memories >_> But hey, I'm cheap XD
  • AFTP~Relient K<3~ 2011/06/13 19:30:26
    Yes! Here's my story...
    AFTP~Relient K<3~
    +2
    My boyfriend in 6th Grade (back when 6th Graders were still adorable &innocent;) took the time to write out a little "fairytale" of us. It started with "once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl..." and ended with, "and then they got married and lived happily ever after."
    It was really adorable. We're still really good friends, but noooo way would I marry him. Haha.
    And then this year, my fiance wrote "Maybe you should use this yearbook signing time to learn to spell my last name? Love, Tom<3"
    So he made me sign his with his last name. Haha.<33

2014/09/19 02:04:17