Do you get pissed when people don't say "Thank You"?

Sarah 2009/11/15 14:24:15
Last day I was waiting for the lift and I noticed an old woman coming so I went to the door and opened it for her and she saw me and said nothing.... She should have said thank you so I was pissed.

Do YOU get pissed when you do something good to people and they don't even say thank you?

• commonsense 2012/03/13 01:48:32
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    commonsense
    I do get pissed but one I remember is some people are selfish and think the world owes them something that is why they don't say thank you. I just expect the worse from people and not help them unless I know them.
  • Dee 2012/02/01 13:48:23 (edited)
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    Dee
    My best friend always asks me to babysit her bratty kid. But she never asks me by saying please or saying she needs a favor. Its always would you want to watch my kid tomorrow. Hell no I dont WANT to watch your kid. But if she could start asking me by saying please maybe I would offer to do it more. If I do babysit when she picks her kid up she never tells me thank you or offers me any money even though im out of work. She acts like im expected to do it. Just sayinn a simple please and thank you go a longggg way people.
  • heidimiller242 2012/01/26 20:57:13
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    heidimiller242
    They are very inconsiderate, they really piss me off! Its two simple words people, two words, why is it so hard? I don't understand!
  • hi 2009/11/26 17:58:44
    No, I don't, because...
    hi
    +2
    I don't get pissed when someone doesn't say thank you because I just think that people didn't learn life-long lessons.
  • Brandon53 2009/11/24 21:15:46
    No, I don't, because...
    Brandon53
    +1
    No, it's not cool but not worth getting angry over.
  • jbean_77 2009/11/23 21:42:05
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    jbean_77
    +2
    I bought someone's child a gift, and they couldn't of been bothered saying thank you to me or to my husband. (My Husband's sister). Why do we bother when they don't go out of their way for us? That pisses me off! Never doing it again!
  • Sarah jbean_77 2009/11/24 18:20:32
    Sarah
    +2
    Im guessing how you felt. Some people know no good manners.
  • highdesertgemini 2009/11/18 06:26:40
    No, I don't, because...
    highdesertgemini
    +2
    ...it's disappointing, but more and more I tend not to expect good manners from strangers -- it's always nice to get a "thank you!', though!
  • grumpy 2009/11/17 03:49:38
    No, I don't, because...
    grumpy
    +1
    hell no the government takes my $$$ every week and has never said Thank you all they ever say is we'll help our selves to some more sucker
  • Marline 2009/11/17 01:10:52
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    Marline
    +3
    Yes, first of all it's rude and they are ill mannered, maybe they just expect others doing for them.
  • a 2009/11/16 21:15:31
    No, I don't, because...
    a
    +1
    I really don't think about it.
  • teachaman~PWCM~JLA 2009/11/16 19:00:11
    No, I don't, because...
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    nor do I get upset (or change my ways) when I refer to someone as "Ma'am" or "Sir" as in "Yes, sir", etc. I was reared that way, and that's how it is ... period. When someone doesn't acknowledge a kindness done for them it is indicative of a weakness of mind, or of an entitlement mentality. Both are distressingly common today. If I were angry at someone for being either a leech on society or too stupid to realize it, I'd be mad all day! Who needs that?!
  • WithEyesClosed 2009/11/16 18:07:04
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    WithEyesClosed
    +1
    Heck yeah I do. I go out of my way to help that person and they can't utter two dang words! It's not that hard. Don't care if you mean it but it would be nice to hear it. I wonder if that's why people don't do nice things anymore, because no one says thank you.

pissed heck yeah person utter dang care hear people
  • The chief 2009/11/16 15:00:04
    No, I don't, because...
    The chief
    +1
    I don't get pissed because unfortunately it's the American way. I, myself, try to say it as much as possible.
  • Lorenzo 2009/11/16 14:34:17
    No, I don't, because...
    Lorenzo
    +2
    I like common courtesy. Of course, some people use courtesy as a weapon. These should be dealt with.
  • Lathene McDuffie 2009/11/16 13:12:52
    No, I don't, because...
    Lathene McDuffie
    +1
    Sometimes people are not thinking straight, too many things on their mind. Forgive them instead of getting pissed. I am sure there was at ime that you didn't say "Thank You".
  • Cap 2009/11/16 11:16:44
    No, I don't, because...
    Cap
    +1
    ... most of the time the gesture would be perfunctory and meaningless and/or I'm too busy to notice. On occasion, though, when I've obviously gone out of my way and the benefit to the recipient is meaningful, you can move me, if not to the "pissed column, at least to the exasperated one. No - make it the pissed one.
  • gingin6 2009/11/16 08:04:06
    No, I don't, because...
    gingin6
    +2
    I think we all forget our manners at times. But it is nice to see someone
    appreciated what you done. I've gotten used to my one son never really
    thanking me for anything.
  • Andrea 2009/11/16 07:29:59
    No, I don't, because...
    Andrea
    +1
    I just say "you're welcome. Oh thank you too...have a nice day yourself". Makes them go "you too" lol.

I really can;'t stand someone yabbering on a cell; phone and hold up the finger for ME to wait when THEY are in the check out line.
  • montanaslittlelady 2009/11/16 06:49:25
    No, I don't, because...
    montanaslittlelady
    +1
    yes but not as much as i used to,i was raised to say please,thank you etc etc,i get more ticked when someone doesn't say excuse me,seems like kids are more polite than their parents are though.
  • diaoko 2009/11/16 06:46:55
    No, I don't, because...
    diaoko
    +1
    of course no!because i do it for myself.i believe to do it and there is`nt any request!! nobecause request
  • Elaine 2009/11/16 06:44:35
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    Elaine
    +1
    And Please too.
    Manners and etiquette have gone down the tubes.
  • ..00 2009/11/16 05:18:10
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    ..00
    +2
    The other day ago I was in complete shock, when a man was walking out of the Quik Trip the same time I was walking in, and if I hadn't held the door for him he would have walked straight into it. And he did not give thanks. He just walked off with his pants at his knees -.-
  • DaytonaFrank 2009/11/16 05:11:36
    No, I don't, because...
    DaytonaFrank
    +1
    It rarely if ever happens to me. People are extremely polite, and always hold doors open if I am exiting. I always say thank you.
    Whenever I do the same for anyone, I always get a thank you.

I cannot remember anyone that was so rude as you have described.
  • erika 2009/11/16 05:00:49
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    erika
    +1
    it seems kind of stupid that it would piss you off but it just does because you do these things to be nice to people and so that they think your nice, then they completly ignore you like if what you did was something you had to do, not that you did it to try to be nice and get a thank you Or ATLEAST A SMILE! gosh RUDE people piss me off!! piss people completly ignore atleast smile gosh rude people piss
  • luna 2009/11/16 04:28:15
    No, I don't, because...
    luna
    +1
    at least i did something helpful, and if they dont have manners thats their problem.
  • Keisha 2009/11/16 03:56:59 (edited)
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    Keisha
    +1
    Because its obvious you went out of your way for an individual and they dont acknowledge it. It pisses me off too, I dont hold the door open anymore or go out of my way for strangers.
  • LJB1929 Keisha 2009/11/16 04:05:09
    LJB1929
    +2
    Try not to be so jaded. Try to live the golden rule regardless.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2009/11/16 03:17:26
    No, I don't, because...
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    I get disappointed with other's conduct....not pissed....in the words Doctor Banner (Hulk's counterpart.)..."you don't want to see me angry!"
  • CHICKSRULE 2009/11/16 03:15:04
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    CHICKSRULE
    +1
    Oh Ya! Totally pissed. It's so rude..... I hold doors open all the time for people including men and not once do they say Thank You! It really ticks me off.....
  • emmamess ~ In My Conscience... 2009/11/16 03:02:45
    No, I don't, because...
    emmamess ~ In My Conscience I Trust ~`
    +2
    when they say thanx - its pleasant - but i don't get angry if they don't. I always hold doors for whoever i see coming cuz its common coutesy where i'm from.
  • Peon of the Masses 2009/11/16 02:59:15
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    Peon of the Masses
    +1
    In theory I do, but not in practice. In practice I smile and say, "You're welcome, have a really wonderful day.... "
  • undiebee 2009/11/16 02:59:08
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    undiebee
    +2
    Yes its only common curtisey!! To say Thank you!!
  • John 2009/11/16 02:47:26
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    John
    +2
    yes... they all sound like selfish beothches!! i always say thank you! or try to anyway!
  • GLaDOS 2009/11/16 02:42:09
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    GLaDOS
    +2
    It does bother me when people don't appreciate the little things that are done for them, but that is endemic of society.

As for it being an old woman, maybe she was so used to that sort of treatment, that she thought it was expected. You never know. On the other hand, sometimes people think people who do things like that are creeps, potential stalkers and whatnot.

Honestly, people aren't taught manners anymore. Crude philistines.
  • Dagon 2009/11/16 02:35:30
  • nails 2009/11/16 02:34:24
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    nails
    +2
    It's probably not their fault that they were never taught that giving respect gets respect.
    In the long run it only lead's to less respect all around.
  • Kelly♫ 2009/11/16 02:29:19
    No, I don't, because...
    Kelly♫
    +1
    i really don't care cuz i don't need their thank you i have my parents for that!
  • ellomotto 2009/11/16 01:21:13
    Yes, I get pissed too, because..
    ellomotto
    +1
    I was walking and this lady dropped her grocery bag so I stoped to help her but she started yelling calling me a teenage punk she thought i was trying to mug her or something and that really pissed me off there are also several other stories
  • GLaDOS ellomotto 2009/11/16 02:43:30
    GLaDOS
    +1
    That's so sad.

2014/08/01 05:59:43