Do you feed or take in strays?

Pele Emerging 2012/07/11 20:34:38
Yes, I help stray animals.
Yes, I help stray humans.
Nope, I don't help strays of any kind--it just encourages them.
I help both human and animal strays.
I am a sucker for homeless animals, and I will help them if I can. I've also noticed that I seem to help 'stray' humans, as well, as many of my kids' friends call me 'Mom.' I've had friends or family who need a helping hand live with me, sometimes, for an extended period of time. No, I've never felt they were taking advantage of me, but am happy to help. It's usually worked out for all concerned.

• the_old_coach 2012/07/11 21:10:39
    Yes, I help stray animals.
    the_old_coach
    +1
    It's the right thing to do.

helping animals
  • Pele Em... the_old... 2012/07/11 21:25:10
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I hope there is a special place in hell for those who abuse animals.
  • the_old... Pele Em... 2012/07/12 02:19:36
    the_old_coach
    +1
    So do I.
  • HiYa 2012/07/11 20:37:57
    HiYa
    +1
    I give money and volunteer services at animal shelters. Animal lover (especially dogs) that I am, but No under NO circumstances have I ever taken a strange animal into my home.
  • Pele Em... HiYa 2012/07/11 20:44:19
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    There were cats abandoned near me, and I fed them, tamed them, and found them homes. The stray 'humans' I've taken in were all known to me--friends or family.
  • HiYa Pele Em... 2012/07/11 20:51:46
    HiYa
    +1
    Unsure if you're a believer or not but Blessings! That is good that you're doing.
    BTW, I have allowed friends/family to live with me... For a time, but they needed to work on getting themselves a different situation. Maybe a month or two... There needed to be a clear end date in sight. It probably sounds harsh, but I am single and have always lived in a one bedroom apartment. I am the type that requires my own space.
  • Pele Em... HiYa 2012/07/11 21:06:53
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I can understand that, truly. I'm a single woman living in a 3 bedroom house. My cousin has been living with me for a couple of years--long story, but she was downsized, find a job in the area in which I live, but can't sell her house in the other area. I don't charge rent, but she helps with expenses, and I have had company instead of being alone with the cats and dog. It's been a blessing for me, truly, so I don't mind my stray human. I have plenty of room to have my own space and privacy, even with her with me, as the house is much bigger than a single woman alone needs.
  • HiYa Pele Em... 2012/07/11 21:11:53
    HiYa
    +1
    Again S, you're a sweet pea :-) angel
  • Pele Em... HiYa 2012/07/11 21:25:47
    Pele Emerging
    Thanks! I find my own blessings increase, too. :)

2014/04/18 15:50:02