Do You Fear The Loss Of Our US Postal System.?

strawberry 2012/05/09 23:47:25
WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
TOO MANY JOBS WOULD BE LOST.
I DON'T TRUST MY MONEY ALL ELECTRONIC HANDLING
I DISAGREE ?
More and more we are told to go green, meaning electronic. I like putting a stamp on an envelope and mailing it. Even utility bills come with notices to go electronic. When buying a money order to pay a bill, it is in writing, paid for, put it in an envelope, drop it in the mail, and it gets to its destination. There have already been problems, errors, theft with online banking. Have we moved to a very hi tech society far too fast, too much.? Remember that old saying: put it in writing.? What happens when the lights go out for good.?

• strawberry 2012/05/09 23:59:49
    strawberry
    +5
    U.S. Postal System consist of millions of jobs. Americans speak of lack of jobs, but where did so many jobs go.? They went to high tech. Robotics mainly took over auto assembly lines. Companies say they have hundreds of unfilled hi tech jobs; can't find qualified employees. Personally I like my cash in my hands, not floating online. On the whole our U.S. Postal System does an excellent job. I feel very confident my packages will get to their destinations. A stamp is worth the price of security. For a majority of people getting mail is even fun.

• luvguins 2012/05/11 04:56:08
    WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
    luvguins
    +2
    Yes, it would be a tragedy, and it is up to Congress to stop it as it is mostly their fault by requiring all that prepay of pension money. I don't like electronic paying, and UPS and FedEx are not capable of serving all the rural areas in the country. They should think of all the jobs that would be lost too.
  • Lady Wh... luvguins 2012/05/11 10:01:07
    +2
    agreed
    WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
    +2
    Choices one AND two.... I WILL NOT pay my bills on-line. WAY too open to hackers and the like. Losses of TOO MANY jobs. Like 'em or hate 'em I think the Postal Union should STAY, just re-negotiate things and even it out. If they want to cut Saturday service to save m oney, that would be fine too. 5-day delivery would be sufficient.
  • strawberry Lady Wh... 2012/05/11 04:35:45
    strawberry
    +2
    It would be a nightmare without our postal system. I won't pay bills online either.
  • Lady Wh... strawberry 2012/05/11 10:00:26
    +1
    hear ya!
  • Jerry 2012/05/10 07:39:53 (edited)
    I DISAGREE ?
    Jerry
    The failure of top management in the Postal System is the Big problem. One hand definitely is Not washing the other. Think about it, the professional courtesy when We walk in the door, is one thing, Some top brass executive stresses that closing some of the post offices may improve things, so a few initially close, in the meantime We never get a stoppage of postal rates going up, .........and then, some top executive sees need for opening several more post offices, there is no consistency in Our postal system, give me Your input on this posting, the ridicule persons, " find another place to post Your nonsense "......... thank you......... Closing  and Adding New Post Offices  is not the solution  New Post Office Branches
  • Justagirl 2012/05/10 06:26:07
    WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
    Justagirl
    +1
    My Postman is SEXY as HELLz!!! Can't a girl have nuthin' to call her own?
  • Lady Wh... Justagirl 2012/05/10 14:48:08
    +1
    **giggle**
  • strawberry Justagirl 2012/05/11 04:37:33
  • Barbara 2012/05/10 03:47:21
    WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
    Barbara
    +3
    And too many jobs would be lost. I spoke to someone at the post office and found out that the postal service pays the federal government up to $7 billion a year. The only thing they make money on is postage.
    Why don't the feds stop taking that money and polster the postal system? If they can bail out all the other businesses they have so far, then they have enough money to let something useful like the post office keep more of its income.
  • strawberry Barbara 2012/05/11 04:43:20
    strawberry
    +2
    Excellent points! The postal system is not to blame.
  • Redneck 2012/05/10 03:05:17
    I DISAGREE ?
    Redneck
    These are horrible choices for answers. If/when the usps goes under, the public sectar will will the gaps and will do so much more efficiently. There will be many more fed ex offices and many former usps employees can go to work there.
  • wolf sloan 2012/05/10 02:19:04
    wolf sloan
    +1
    Another useless government agency.
  • strawberry wolf sloan 2012/05/11 04:44:14
    strawberry
    +1
    You have that right.!
  • Bibliophilic 2012/05/10 01:35:36
    WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
    Bibliophilic
    +2
    I need it- it's how I order things from ebay and amazon.com! I do not want to pay a premium for a private service.
    I DISAGREE ?
    +2
    It's time we bite the bullet on these wasteful programs.
  • strawberry Ken 2012/05/10 02:21:34
    strawberry
    +2
    How would you replace the postal system.? There are far more wasteful government programs that should be eliminated.
  • Ken strawberry 2012/05/10 02:42:21
    +1
    Those too.
  • Lady Wh... strawberry 2012/05/10 14:48:40
    +1
    SO true!
  • Tasine 2012/05/10 00:35:39
    I DISAGREE ?
    Tasine
    +2
    Do I fear the loss of it? No. Will the country be worse off? I don't think so.
    I believe the postal system is one of the dinosaurs of our time. I believe private entrepreneurs will deal with the loss quite adequately. Yes, there will be some jobs lost, but there will be other jobs available - if Obama can part with his ongoing destruction of private business. Jobs are lost all the time. If we move forward at all, certain jobs will be lost - others will appear. I know how that sounds, but it is true.
  • strawberry Tasine 2012/05/10 01:00:41
    strawberry
    +2
    There will be much more than just some lost jobs. Don't forget many U.S. jobs have been lost to very high tech fields already, which often only hire a select few. One thing hard for me to understand is why this necessity to help small businesses. I worked for a few small businesses. Small business is classified with a certain number of employees. Small business are usually owned, operated by families who generate profits for themselves. Majority also have family members working in the business. They hire fewer employees, pay often only minimum wages, rarely did most offer health insurance. Owners also have a tendency to hire part time employees. Small businesses also over inflate their prices.
  • belle 2012/05/10 00:16:15 (edited)
    belle
    +2
    computers do go down, remember garbage in garbage out. I have never had an ATM or debit card. No I will write paper checks and put them in the mail for my bills.

edit for word correction
  • strawberry belle 2012/05/10 00:21:44
    strawberry
    +2
    I agree with you. Did you know those papers that come out of ATM machines are not legitimate receipts that would hold up in court.? It is written right on the back of them. I don't like the pressure being put on to go electronic.
  • belle strawberry 2012/05/10 00:52:47
    belle
    +1
    no I didn't know that, I have never used an ATM machine, no ATM card. I want a choice in everything. .
  • strawberry belle 2012/05/10 02:23:59
    strawberry
    +1
    It is true. I read the back and never deposited money into any ATM machine again.
  • belle strawberry 2012/05/10 20:31:31
    belle
    +1
    sounds like you are a very smart person.
  • strawberry belle 2012/05/11 04:47:24
    strawberry
    +1
    Thanks, but I have much to learn.
  • belle strawberry 2012/05/11 13:55:17
    belle
    +1
    don't we all, no matter our age or gender
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/05/10 00:12:14
    TOO MANY JOBS WOULD BE LOST.
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +2
    I admit I don't do much to help save the USPS, I know people who still rely on it. My mom still pays all of her bills through the mail, and her Diabetic supplies are mailed. And I know for a fact she's that stubborn that if the post office closed down she wouldn't use the internet to order her supplies.
  • strawberry The Eli... 2012/05/10 00:26:00
    strawberry
    +2
    I think older people are especially more dependent on our postal system. The postal system offers too many needed services especially for those who have transportation problems. I never pay my bills electronically.
  • The Eli... strawberry 2012/05/10 01:38:47
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +2
    I don't pay bills online, I don't even use a credit card on the internet. I still don't trust it. The only thing I "purchase" via the internet is Songs from the Itunes store and that's only because I buy the pre-paid Itunes cards. There is still a need for the Post Office, and I fear most people won't realize that until after it's been gone for a while.
  • Spider Bite:F 2012/05/10 00:03:57
    WE DEPEND ON OUR U.S. POSTAL SYSTEM.
    Spider Bite:F
    +3
    I LOVE THE POSTAL OFFICES!!
  • strawberry Spider ... 2012/05/10 00:28:20
    strawberry
    +1
    I do also. I cannot picture the chaos without them. There is too much identity theft dealing with money on the internet.
  • NPC 2012/05/10 00:03:31
    NPC
    +3
    We could deal with loss of the USPS. They should be privatized and the voters would save a lot of wasted taxpayer funds. Maybe downsize the system and cut all the retirement and pensions of new workers. The Entitilements are strangling the taxpayers now. Mail could be done but I am not sure if this will work being subsidized much longer.
  • strawberry NPC 2012/05/10 00:40:13
    strawberry
    The government has worse wasteful programs. Majority of student loans should be stopped. Most students never pay them off, and take useless courses in colleges. A real huge waste of taxpayer money is the Social Services Department. I worked for them for awhile. Many workers do very little, leave phones ringing while chatting with each other, take too many breaks. Tons of useless paper work. That dept. generates more paper work then solving real problems.
  • wolf sloan NPC 2012/05/11 11:10:44
    wolf sloan
    I agree that the mail should be privatized.Maybe we'll get someone who can actually deliver the mail this time.
  • krayzrick 2012/05/10 00:02:50
    krayzrick
    +4
    Makes it real easy for 'Big Brother' to know everything, everyone is doing...no thanks
  • Tasine krayzrick 2012/05/10 00:33:13
    Tasine
    +2
    Rick, I truly believe Big Brother knows or can find out anything about you he wants to know.
  • strawberry krayzrick 2012/05/10 00:44:35
    strawberry
    +2
    I agree with you. Sounds outdated but I even hate banks; like my cash with me. Have cash will travel. LOL! I depend on the postal system.
  • I. Car Rus 2012/05/10 00:00:39
    I. Car Rus
    +3
    Its a sign of the times, but with email, fax and commercial express it may be redundant. Still I would hate to see it go. benjamin franklin mail

2014/10/21 00:46:30