Do you ever wish to be in someone elses shoes, just so you could understand their perspective?

Unmistakably Liz 2008/01/10 22:48:28
Yes! My Spouse, i wish i could understand why they do what they do!
Yes, My parents! Gosh they get on my nerves! I wish i knew what they were thinking!
Yes! My kids! I just wish i understood!
Yes! My Boss! Sometimes his decisions make no sense! I'd like to know what he is thinking!
Yes! My friends! They are so crazy! I wish i could know what makes them tick!
Yes! People of different races! I just wish i could understand what it would be like to be them for one day!
Yes! I wish i could be beautiful for one day! Just to see what it is like!
Yes! I wish i could be common and have no one even try to talk to me or approach or stare!
Yes! I wish i could be rich! I want to know what it is like to walk into a store and buy everything!
Yes! I wish i could be Powerful for one day!

• TexanInHawaii 2008/06/01 17:07:13
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    I ususally do that anyway, mentally. I am always accused of "making excuses" for others as I try to imagine why people do or say things the way they do. Or, at least give them the benefit of the doubt. I just wish others would do the sam for me.
  • True~Male 2008/05/31 22:51:30
    True~Male
    +1
    A beautiful woman that has men chasing her all the time . Especially Angelina Jolie
  • rafferty 2008/05/31 20:39:26
  • Seuskeeper 2008/05/31 03:58:52
    Seuskeeper
    +1
    To not be fat for one day to see how it feels and to see if it is worth letting my guard down.
  • Mrs.Lovett -*Poll Distroyer*- 2008/05/30 20:56:01
  • Deleted 2008/05/30 19:47:36
  • TTT 2008/05/30 19:26:23
    TTT
    +1
    I like being me, and I enjoy seeing the world from my perspective.. I don't have to feel what others are going through to understand why they are who they are.. I'm pretty open minded and objectional...
  • Florida Keys 2008/05/30 19:14:29
    Florida Keys
    +1
    No Thanks....Would my luck I would get athletes foot

• gwts 2008/05/30 18:58:22
    gwts
    I don't need to be in someone elses shoes...I've got a rich imagination
  • dnanna 2008/05/30 18:53:24
    Yes! My kids! I just wish i understood!
    dnanna
    +2
    My daughters, we need to do a freaky Friday to understand each other better
  • Socrates (The Gadfly) 2008/05/30 18:52:31
    Socrates (The Gadfly)
    +1
    a lot of damage could be undone in a day.
  • lilith_anna 2008/05/30 18:50:57
    lilith_anna
  • kevracer 2008/05/30 18:39:36
    kevracer
    +2
    Yes, I wish I could be the guy that I see every morning on the way to work driving his Porsche GT3 with his gorgeous GF
  • ibiza 2008/05/30 17:39:24
    ibiza
  • <3 Americanista <3 2008/01/17 06:25:57
    <3 Americanista <3
    Just say that you would want to be able to read someones mind!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and torture yourself, imagine how hard will it be to see your perspective and someone else's AND imagine what their thinking....that will get really complicated....first learn to understand your own views....then will you be able to see someone else's perspective.
  • reminder 2008/01/13 06:34:44
    reminder
    +1
    Not really. I try to be happy with what I have instead of being miserable wanting what others have when I know I can't. I guess it is easier for me not knowing.

Besides I may not have as much as others, but there are those that also don't have what I do.
  • peureux 2008/01/12 07:06:59
    peureux
    +1
    i have been thinking about this lately. i just would like to see what it would be like. one day.
  • ibiza peureux 2008/05/30 17:41:43
    ibiza
    +2
    You are a beautiful person already AND very young - wait, you will grow to be as beautiful as you like. Be patient - enjoy being a teenager first.
  • peureux ibiza 2008/05/31 04:57:37
    peureux
    +2
    thanks
  • ►Cesar◄ 2008/01/12 02:33:52
    ►Cesar◄
    +1
    some people in sodahead
  • DELETE THIS ACCOUNT! please 2008/01/11 18:52:32
  • Henrik the Harp 2008/01/11 17:42:24
    Henrik the Harp
    +1
    Well, my girlfriend. If we could switch for one day, how much we could learn about each other...

But maybe that's too easy.
  • Disposable Icon 2008/01/11 15:32:39
    Disposable Icon
    hahahaha no i dont i like being my freakish self fuck what everyone else is if you dont like being yourself and would rather be someone else then apparently you dont like being yourself with is a shame cause no matter what everyone is unique in there own way and if nobody understands that well then y'all need to take a step back and take a new look at yourself cause no matter what your always gonna be you and you are gonna have to live with that so what if someone is rich or beautiful who cares everyone is beautiful
  • Unmista... Disposa... 2008/01/11 16:00:21
    Unmistakably Liz
    +2
    My older brother and i used to get into arguments all the time, because he dyed the front of his head fire engine red and would spike two parts in the front to look like devil horns and he had a million piercings on his face.

If you asked him why he did that he would always say that he is a punk and that he wants to show the world he didn't care about what he looked like.

I would always bring up the fact that if you didn't care what you looked like... you would do nothing to enhance your appearence. You may look like a bum. But if your morning routine takes longer than mine, you must care! I felt he cared enough to make himself ugly.
  • Disposa... Unmista... 2008/01/11 16:32:39
    Disposable Icon
    i just be myself if i wanted to be someone else i would do my best not to look like me but i love being me so im gonna stay true to myself and look the way i wanna look i mean yea i have a mohawk and tattoos and piercing i got them cause it's my style and the way i wanna look i care about what i look like and so does everyone else thats part of what makes everyone unique i take the time to put my mohawk up but hey everyone does things for different reasons
  • Unmista... Disposa... 2008/01/11 16:45:05
    Unmistakably Liz
    +2
    Well he always claimed it was because he didn't care what others thought.
    If your reason is a little more logical.

You like the way you look.

You are fitting in with a subsociety.

He annoyed me because i was a tool of the establishment.

And guess what i look the way i do, because i like being pretty.

I am unique because i look better than most, lol.

I dress uniquly but within reason.

I dress like a gypsy/ hippie.

and i like it when people look at me and smile.

I know that i look different and i like the responses i get.

My brother used to get mad when people stare at him and walk to the opposite side of the street when he comes walking...

but if you know the impression you give to the world and you are ok with it "rock on!"

Other wise change it.... Right?
  • Disposa... Unmista... 2008/01/11 17:01:11
    Disposable Icon
    +1
    im not gonna change myself if people dont like me.... i dress the way i do because i like it if i didnt i wouldnt dress this way but hey the gypse hippie thing seams to work for you and if u like it thats all that matters and thats funny that people avoided him lol but it also means he probalby did what he wanted to do at that time me i dont give a fuck what people think of me cause like i said im dressing the way i want to
  • Deleted Unmista... 2008/05/30 19:53:03
  • Deleted Deleted 2008/05/30 19:53:54
  • Unmista... Deleted 2008/05/30 19:55:43
    Unmistakably Liz
    +1
    Very true!
  • NattiFan (oYo) 2008/01/11 12:15:57
    NattiFan (oYo)
    A long time ago, this girl and I left a note on a place mat of a resturant we ate it. We had a waitress, older, a sweet grandmother type of a woman. And she seemed happy and we enjoyed her and her service. We left her a tip and also a note. We thanked her for her service and for her kindness, and we noted how happy she was and all the smiling she did, and we told her that she seems to have a very happy life and that if we could walk in someone else's shoes for one day, we would want to walk in hers. We sat in the car and watched through the window when she got it. She had the biggest smile. It was great.
  • marquise 2008/01/11 05:33:50
    marquise
    Cool, Liz, you're a swetie ;)

No, I never wished....trying to find out what's in other people's mind is a challenge that I like.......
  • Unmista... marquise 2008/01/11 15:20:31
    Unmistakably Liz
    +1
    Look at how many people choose none of the above!
    It annoys me....
    See what i mean now?
  • marquise Unmista... 2008/01/11 17:31:39
    marquise
    You are right....do not put it the next time...I will find way to make my vote :)))
  • Babygirl 2008/01/11 05:23:33
    Babygirl
    i wish i could understand why the world hates me
  • Sajama 2008/01/11 01:28:47
  • <--That guy 2008/01/10 23:56:31
    Yes! I wish i could be rich! I want to know what it is like to walk into a st...
    <--That guy
    I'd like to see if it's all it's cracked up to be.
    +1
    one hour enuffffff!!!!To see where his thoughts really are at
  • roger 2008/01/10 23:40:25
    roger
    IT WOULD BE A HELL OF ALOT OF FUN!
  • bronzefairy 2008/01/10 23:19:45
    bronzefairy
    +2
    yes i wish i could be in grandmothers shoes just so i can take away some of her pain even if just for one day.

2014/07/29 06:41:52