Do you ever have a recurring dream? Care to share it?

Vennie 2012/06/18 19:01:23
I dream fairly often that I'm at work in some hospital-type setting and I keep getting swamped and further and further behind in what I'm trying to get done. People are overdue getting their medicines, charts with orders on them are stacking up, I can't find the supplies or paperwork I need, the equipment around me seems strange and complicated and I don't know how to use it, etc. Not exactly a nightmare but unpleasant. The dream happens at least once a week or so. The details vary some, but the theme is always the same. When I wake up I have to take a few seconds to remind myself that I'm retired now, and no one expects me to be super-nurse!

• DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/06/18 19:05:27
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +4
    I often dream I'm on my laptop checking out SodaHead and someone asks if I ever have recurring dreams. But when I start to type an answer, I wake up and...

• Shannon 2012/09/24 00:17:06
    Shannon
    +3
    I used to help at a yard where I mainly helped with a Shetland pony. After he was sold, I started having recurring dreams where he is in front of me, but as I get closer he gets further away and I find myself never able to catch him. I often wake up crying. What does this mean?
  • Heat Her 2012/06/22 13:47:56
    Heat Her
    Yes. My earliest memory of it was when I was in a crib. I remember I woke up crying and found my older sister (only a year older than myself) standing over me shushing me back to bed. She gave me her wind-up music playing rabbit and I fell back to sleep.

In my dream I'm running through the woods with a group of people. It's nighttime and we're hunting something. I have the dream about 2 times a year and it's progressed as I got older. Sometimes we're standing at the edge of a forest getting ready for the hunt. I don't know what we're after, but its of supernatural origin. A while back I met a woman at work that walked right up to me and said "Hey, you know that dream you have about running in the woods and night with people. You're gonna see the end of that dream soon. It's a past life memory. (she's roman catholic btw. She just happens to have a third eye)
  • dvd 2012/06/19 08:17:02
  • Katey 2012/06/19 05:05:43
    Katey
    I have a lot especially nightmeres but every summer I have recurring dreams I'm still in school lol but then about 2 years ago I used to have the same nightmere everynight I was in the middle of the forrest on a red bench and it was winter and I found a sheet of paper that said missing and had a bunch of pictures of girls and I was in the center I dropped it and it blew away I was with my sister and an ex friend and the friend disappeared so I went looking and I kept seeing things then I looked back at the bench and she was back again and when I walked back there they both disappered and a guy came and his face kept changing and he kept touching me and i tried to scream and move but I couldn't and he raped me I kept having that dream until I was actually raped I was raped more then once by more then one person and the man in my dream his faces changed to every guy I was raped by but his eyes stayed the same and I always remember them and it was from the worst guy who raped me and none of them are in jail yet
  • Me 2012/06/19 03:11:29
    Me
    nope
  • Linkums 2012/06/18 21:39:20
    Linkums
    I have a recurring dream where I accidentally end up peeing somewhere I'm not supposed to.
  • gocar 2012/06/18 21:04:30
    gocar
    No they are all crazy but one time only.
  • Mandy 2012/06/18 20:43:16
    Mandy
    Well, if you had never been a nurse, I guess your dream would be even more concerning. ;) My reoccuring dream is that i need to pee, and I can't find the bathroom. I've had it since I was a kid. Oddly, I was diagnosed with a bladder disease two years ago.
  • Kelsie 2012/06/18 20:28:59 (edited)
    Kelsie
    +1
    I constantly dream of tornadoes and storms, because me and my family and friends went through a really bad tornado back in April 2011.

I also dream that I'm looking for somebody, but I don't know who. And I never find them.
  • carolynb 2012/06/18 19:34:39
    carolynb
    +1
    I always have dreams where I cant get to where I am going. I either get interrupted by someone or cant find my shoes, etc. It is a very frustrating dream.
  • Queen Katherine 2012/06/18 19:32:31
    Queen Katherine
    +1
    I'm back in High school and I can't for the life of me remember what class I have next because I've cut classes so often and then I think ahead to all the reports I have to do just to graduate. Then I wake up and realize I graduated high school 3 years ago =)
  • Gloria 2012/06/18 19:27:36
    Gloria
    I used to have several reoccurring dreams. One was an erotic dream about my ballet teacher who was astonishly handsome. Another was about taking a water taxi home after work on the Chicago River.
  • Lili13 2012/06/18 19:16:04
    Lili13
    +2
    Falling in my dream ahh that feeling its crazy
  • Amy.[: 2012/06/18 19:14:13
    Amy.[:
    +2
    yes! im swimming in a never ending marsh that's by my old house.. i actually wrote a poem about it. XD
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/06/18 19:12:57
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    Yes, I lose my car.
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/06/18 19:11:29
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +4

2014/09/16 01:02:09