Do you ever find small children preaching to be disturbing in any way ??

Mr Chin 2012/07/20 07:17:49
Related Topics: Disturbing
Yes (details)
No (details)
Other ( ?? )

Bill Maher on Children Preaching

• Pat 2012/07/20 08:12:45
    Yes (details)
    +7
    These children are being used and abused. Whether they preach love or hate they are being used and their parents should be ashamed of themselves. Especially this one:

• ~*PoliceGirl*~ (>^-^)> 2012/12/23 16:10:41
    Yes (details)
    ~*PoliceGirl*~ (>^-^)>
    +1
    i never thought so but.......that was freaky
  • suejkw 2012/08/24 15:28:47
    Yes (details)
    suejkw
    +1
    Psychological abuse.
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2012/08/09 23:14:55
    Yes (details)
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    1. I find small children to be disturbing.
    2. I find preaching to be disturbing.

Small children preaching would basically be an exponential function that would vary based on the smallness and obnoxiousness of the child as a function of the craziness and pretended authority of the preaching.

In other words, utterly intolerable and horrendous. I think they should be exterminated. Immediately.
  • nbarton2 2012/08/02 04:36:27
    No (details)
    nbarton2
    +1
    If you have to listen to Bill Maher to understand why you don't believe in God then your an idiot.
  • suejkw nbarton2 2012/08/24 15:33:51
    suejkw
    +1
    Simple plain intelligence should tell one that 'god' is a myth & superstition. Unfortunately, there are alot of indoctrinated,blindly fearful to question individuals in the world.
  • nbarton2 suejkw 2012/08/26 02:42:16
    nbarton2
    I find Bill Maher as more disturbing than a preaching child because he's an adult who gets angry because people don't agree with him and believes everyone should agree with him. I find him insulting to everyone, plus I don't care what people believe as long as it doesn't affect me, I'm not going to scream and tell people they are stupid
  • suejkw nbarton2 2012/08/26 18:22:45
    suejkw
    +1
    Everyone is entitiled to their own opinions as long as it does not harm anyone else.Indoctrinating children in the myths of religion is psychological abuse,plain & simple,because it puts into a child's head that if they don't believe in a certain way that,in some cases, is harmful(Pentacostals come to mind),some 'god' is going to punish them,which is simply not true.
  • Azazyel's Dragon 2012/08/01 13:57:24
    Other ( ?? )
    Azazyel's Dragon
    The Mormons are going to get you for this one, Mr. Chin. Lookout! Here comes Romney! ;-)
  • Mr Chin Azazyel... 2012/09/06 20:50:49
    Mr Chin
    +1
    I've never seen small children sent off by Mormons. And if you are going to go so far off field to make a religious question into a political one (with no facts to back it up) then I wish you would just go to the political questions. Rather than changing the meaning of the question into a political one for no good reason.
  • Azazyel... Mr Chin 2012/09/06 21:34:40
    Azazyel's Dragon
    Ouch...sorry, I was just trying to joke with you. Did you not see the ;-) after the question? Well, I certainly won't make that mistake again. See ya...
  • malikasecrets 2012/08/01 13:50:17
    Yes (details)
    malikasecrets
    +1
    I wonder about their mental state? do they get outside and play so they can develop normally? are the parents making money on their preachy kid from the offering plate? Does the kid preach and mom and dad, too? does he take instructions to brush his teach and get to bed?
  • Thank you but no... 2012/07/30 16:54:04
    Yes (details)
    Thank you but no...
    +1
    Always.
  • aneed2know 2012/07/24 07:39:05
    Yes (details)
    aneed2know
    +2
    here is why:

Children of the Corn
  • abycinn... aneed2know 2012/08/09 23:16:10
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    there were children in your corn

I had to.
  • A Lionheart 2012/07/24 05:28:43
    Yes (details)
    A Lionheart
    +1
    Always.
  • RoseLyle 2012/07/22 22:24:13
    Other ( ?? )
    RoseLyle
    Children are like little sponges they soak up what is around them. They like to imitate what they see, and when they do something that gets adults attention such as these children do, it proliferates their interest in preaching for the camera. We wouldn't even know about these children if it weren't for the internet. Children have always imitated what they see good or bad. I rather see them doing this than a lot of other things adults and teens do and the "garbage" in the media. For some these kind of child preaching videos is just entertainment having no real meaning other than to get laughs and attention. These kinds will all grow up and go on to other things, so I don't worry about it, there are much worse things they could be doing, and I don't think I need to list them.
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/07/21 23:00:47
    Yes (details)
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +2
    Does anyone take advice from a child? What is preaching, if it isn't advice?
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/21 15:27:09
    Yes (details)
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Parents need to teach these kids to be kids. Let the bigger issues rest until their brain are advanced enough to know what they are really saying.
  • Mr Chin 2012/07/21 11:44:52
    Yes (details)
    Mr Chin
    I have seen two forms of children growing up too fast. One was a child genius. And one was a young teen preacher. And they both lost some innocence and lost their place in the world. The teen preacher felt that it was his place to punish all of the kids in his warped mind. When kids grow up too fast they don't learn enough of what they need to know and they can become insufferable intolerant know-it-all brats.
    On the other side of the argument of "At least it keeps them out of trouble",. I wonder if some people see kids as a pest or as an inconvenience. It's not enough to just have kids,. they need to be raised.
  • RJS 2012/07/21 10:41:52
    Yes (details)
    RJS
    +1
    I find small children disturbing.
  • abycinn... RJS 2012/08/09 23:16:44
    abycinnamon BN-1
    totally.
  • lolitalovely 2012/07/21 04:05:49
    Other ( ?? )
    lolitalovely
    It's pretty weird, but some research would suggest that kids are even more capable of attaining the state of the mind that is associated with god experiences. I'd rather raise my kids without religion and let them decide from the millions of religions and non religions, but to each his own. Teaching your child about your belief and letting them proclaim their love for it is not considered child abuse. Right now their inspiring people who already believe and I don't think it's that much different from sitting in the worship center being told what a deity said to do and not to do. The beliefs would still be affirmed by the group and the kid's parents.It would probably be a little less, but It doesn't hurt the kid to believe in a certain deity. It does change perception, but perceptioncan be altered by many things.
  • RJS lolital... 2012/08/14 11:37:56
    RJS
    I don't think that's weird at all. Kids easily believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, monsters under the bed, and any number of implausible superstitions that would make even the most gullible adult skeptical. Children, especially young children, have a hard time understanding the difference between fantasy and reality, so when someone tells them about a magic man who lives in the sky and controls everything, they don't bat an eye.
  • lolital... RJS 2012/08/16 20:35:02
    lolitalovely
    I just think it's weird to have a mini me getting down from a tall podium, standing in front of the Sunday best crowd in his little suit saying praise the lord. The people in the audience are all double his size. When he administers the sacrament with the grape juice and bread they all have to bend down. That would be so weird for me. It's such a foreign concept.
  • RJS lolital... 2012/08/17 03:50:07
    RJS
    +2
    I'm not a churchgoer so I didn't understand any of the details, but I get the concept that a child filling an adult's role is usually awkward at best.
  • elijahin24 2012/07/21 03:37:33
    Yes (details)
    elijahin24
    +1
    It horrifies me now, to say that I WAS one of those creepy kids. My parents thought it was awesome.
  • me 2012/07/21 00:57:52
    Yes (details)
    me
    +1
    Yes for various reasons, many of them already put forth by others. Those reasons don't apply to every situation equally though. I liked "Ken"s answer, below which was simply "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man I put away childish things." I think some passages of the Bible can be seen as plain common sense even by non-believers. 1 Corinthians has a lot of those plain speaking common sense things, and that is one of them.
  • DebraDeJonge 2012/07/21 00:30:19
    Yes (details)
    DebraDeJonge
    +1
    I just wonder how much they've been programmed and coached.
  • Arizona1950 2012/07/20 23:55:42
    Yes (details)
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Perhaps because ... Indoctrination has an agenda. It is used to encourage the embracing of another’s beliefs, and developing blinding and complete agreement with those beliefs to a young and impressionable mind.
  • Osaka 2012/07/20 23:17:00
    No (details)
    Osaka
    It depends, if it is going to be like this one Mormon kid I know that somewhat attempted to convert me. I'd be worried Mormons are actually taught to religiously persuade people. I mean there are times you'll see them arguing with Christians. Though there is such things as a Mormon who loves Christ but generally they ain't what you all call christian.
  • elijahin24 Osaka 2012/07/21 03:40:47
    elijahin24
    +1
    So it's cool as long as they're of YOUR religion?
  • Osaka elijahin24 2012/07/21 05:44:39
    Osaka
    Not exactly but some denominations, even when they say they are "christian" they teach kids how to do it like its the kid's calling. We're all called but we have to wait for God because his plans for one person is not always for all. In some cases with kids its genuine. So its wrong to assume that they are being brainwashed.
  • elijahin24 Osaka 2012/07/21 14:12:50
    elijahin24
    +1
    Right, so only the RIGHT religion can do it without being creepy. Got it.
  • Osaka elijahin24 2012/07/21 19:22:00
    Osaka
    Whatever you want to call a religion...
    Well upon judgement of others, a kid filled with the holy spirit might look creepy to people who don't understand. Some might social persecute his/her family and the members of that church.

Want to know something interesting, in the bible "the church" is the term for all the people who follow christ.
  • elijahin24 Osaka 2012/07/21 19:24:01
    elijahin24
    +1
    In my experience, that definition applies only to a VERY few groups. Almost none who actually call themselves Christians.
  • Osaka elijahin24 2012/07/21 20:20:50
    Osaka
    You're talking about the ones people tend to associate with Christianity. Muslim, Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness and there could be more?

I rarely try not to call myself christian, there are people who are bad representations that make it look bad and on top of that, it was a joke made by the romans because it was proclaimed he would be King of the Jews which generally speaks of every man who excepts Jesus.
  • elijahin24 Osaka 2012/07/21 20:36:58
    elijahin24
    +1
    I think it's bad to indoctrinate kids with anything that isn't reliable. Let them mature a little and look for themselves when they are old enough to think for themselves.
  • Osaka elijahin24 2012/07/21 21:23:35
    Osaka
    Yeah but the kids do have to have a solid foundation and "education" isn't. No matter what people say.

School is more likely to indoctrinate more than church itself these days. Some people that are "educated" think they know everything and your individual thinking is inferior compared to their education. Kind of a problem that also exist with people who go to college to be a pastor and they are not kids.

The church I go to, the pastor was actually talking about these people. They are actually taught to preach a certain ideology that is a lie, however it is not always the case, some even if they have went to these colleges they actually follow God and preach what he gives them.
  • elijahin24 Osaka 2012/07/21 21:26:41
    elijahin24
    +1
    Schools are there to teach kids HOW to think, not WHAT to think. Churches tell them WHAT to think.
  • Osaka elijahin24 2012/07/21 22:14:35 (edited)
    Osaka
    "HOW to think", everyone knows how to think even before school. I was me that determined Santa Claus isn't real at a young age, it wasn't my parents and I didn't have any influence from other people.
    I explored, I thought, I grew up homeschooled and was probably way to into asserting my individualism, probably because I was mostly around my family. Though growing up with my relatives from my dad's side and with the political arguments, kind of made me realize that I didn't want to be Republican or Democrat. I even asked my mom once whats in the middle of republican and democrat.

2014/04/20 00:23:56