Do you donate to charity?

volley15 2012/05/23 20:24:08
Related Topics: Donate, Charity
Yes I do donate to charity.
Other
And if you do which ones do you donate to?

• James 2012/05/25 01:38:54
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    James
    Center for Economic Progress

Chicago Epilepsy Foundation

Junior Achievement of Chicago

Habitat for Humanity
  • Eli Johansen 2012/05/24 21:21:37
    No I don't donate to charity.
    Eli Johansen
    nope, charity is the biggest scam ever, legally they only have to give 20% of what you give them on the actual stated cause bof charity, the rest goes into giving themselves massive salaries. Non-profit my ass.
  • James Eli Joh... 2012/05/25 01:41:03
    James
    That's not completely true. Different charities have different ratios for what's needed for administrative costs and costs associated with whatever project they're designed for. If you have ever studied fund accounting, you will know that not all the money donated to charity can be used for whatever purpose they like; especially if the funds are restricted or semi-restricted.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/05/24 20:07:42
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    flaca BN-0
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/05/24 15:48:50
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    cmdrbnd007

It was my wife's choice but I support it wholeheartedly.
  • Scott 2012/05/24 13:29:04
    Other
    Scott
    I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm no good in money-related situations.
  • James Scott 2012/05/25 01:41:33
    James
    www.feedthepig.org
  • rknothead 2012/05/24 13:06:57
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    rknothead
    I just gave to our local Women's Resource Center, our local Goodwill Inn for homeless people, our local drug rehab organization called Dakoske Hall, and our local Catholic Charity call the Father Fred Foundation.
  • EdVenture 2012/05/24 02:30:41
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    EdVenture
    Every time i fill up my car, pay my utilities, pay my cable bill, phone bill and it goes on can't seem to discriminate.
  • Me 2012/05/24 02:18:22
    Other
    Me
    Does donating blood count????
  • James Me 2012/05/25 01:41:57
    James
    +1
    yes and so does time
  • Speedy 2012/05/24 02:11:11
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    Speedy
    Sometimes...
  • Broken 2012/05/24 02:01:41
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    Broken
    Primarily to my church - at least 10%.
  • Gloria 2012/05/24 01:50:23 (edited)
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    Gloria
    +1
    I certainly don't give as much as I used to give but I just sent $25 to the New Bolton Center at University of Pennsylvania. They treated Barbaro after his injury.
    new bolton center
  • Boris Badinov 2012/05/24 01:03:17
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    Boris Badinov
    +1
    Religious, social, military....
  • Vitalani 2012/05/23 21:10:16
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    Vitalani
    +2
    Mainly to Best Friends, UNICEF, the SPCA and charities working for peace in the Congo like Falling Whistles.
  • L1 2012/05/23 21:02:05
    Other
    L1
    To Cancer charities and animal ones....
  • 13_JunkyardDog 2012/05/23 20:44:56
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    13_JunkyardDog
    mainly to the veterans. We should do more to care for them
  • volley15 2012/05/23 20:43:59
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    volley15
    I give money to the This Star Won't Go Out organization (tswgo.org) the HP alliance (the hpalliance.org) and during December I give money to the project for Awesome event on Youtube which then gives the money to the 5 user selected most deserving charities.

The Project for Awesome event also brings awareness to countless other small and even local charities around the globe that you can donate to as well, it's really an amazing even where the community comes together for the greater good. I'm so proud to be part of the community that helped inspire the creation of this project and cause. The internet can be a good place.

For those wondering the This Star Won't Go Out organization is a very small charity in it's second year and helps to provide families of children with cancer afford the treatment they desperately need. It was founded by the parents of a young woman who died of cancer at the age of 16, Esther Grace Earl. You can learn more that their website tswgo.org. Right now they are only based out of the Boston area, but hopefully as they grow they will become a national and even international organization.

The Harry Potter Alliance (HP alliance) well, I'll just copy their mission statement here:
    Mission Statement
    "The Harry Potter Alliance (HPA) is a 501c3 nonprof...

Mission Statement
    "The Harry Potter Alliance (HPA) is a 501c3 nonprofit that takes an outside-of-the-box approach to civic engagement by using parallels from the Harry Potter books to educate and mobilize young people across the world toward issues of literacy, equality, and human rights. Our mission is to empower our members to act like the heroes that they love by acting for a better world. By bringing together fans of blockbuster books, TV shows, movies, and YouTube celebrities we are harnessing the power of popular culture toward making our world a better place. Our goal is to make civic engagement exciting by channeling the entertainment-saturated facets of our culture toward mobilization for deep and lasting social change."
  • FF5 Addict 2012/05/23 20:43:28
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    FF5 Addict
    Yes I do donate to charity.
  • Aingean 2012/05/23 20:32:37
    Yes I do donate to charity.
    Aingean
    When I can afford it. Walmart has been taking donations for the Children's Miracle Network I give them money when I have the extra.
  • NPC 2012/05/23 20:31:20
    Other
    NPC
    +1
    I only donate to my close real friends since Barack and his thieves were elected. Let the welfare queens and drug addicts try to take money from welfare. Food Stamps is a different story since they cannot purchase alcohol or tobacco produts-cigarettes here in Texas with SNAPS. .
  • James NPC 2012/05/25 01:43:13
    James
    Not all charities are publicly funded....

2014/12/22 12:24:04