Do you consider a fetus a parasite?

Valkyries "In God We Trust" 2008/12/19 03:19:50
Yes a fetus is a parasite
NO a fetus is a baby
I want to marry a murderer
To all my fellow Sodaheads. I need to ask if you consider an unborn child/fetus a parasite? The reason I am asking is because another sodahead said in a discussion that a fetus is not a baby, but a parasite. I am more than a little appalled.

This all came about because they are in favor of abortion. So I guess if you don't think of a fetus as a baby, it will make it ok to abort this "parasite". I will add that they also feel sorry for murderers, rapists and all pieces of shit to the point that the death penalty is barbaric, but abortion is the next greatest thing to sliced bread.

I really am in awe as to where this world of ours is headed. When did we become a world of bleeding hearts to scum and turn our backs on all that is sacred. A child is the most defenseless creature known to man. How is it that we can give pardon to those that have razed humanity and our concept of what is, though murder, rape and other atrocities, and at the same time, end the lives of the purest form of perfection and innocents?

• Kack 2008/12/19 12:35:11
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Kack
    +23
    A baby, not a parasite. Now, when that "baby" is 35yo, still living at home, not working and basically mooching off his parents, THEN he is a parasite.

• Katherine 2012/07/17 12:51:57
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Katherine
    And in the Bible the sin of even accidentally killing the baby is death.
  • John Romerus 2012/03/08 21:15:57
    Yes a fetus is a parasite
    John Romerus
    THE BIBLE:
    the bible supported abortion, that was done by a priest, in god's name, in his holly temple!
    the 1984 NIV footnote of numbers 5:11-31 explained what "to thy thigh to rot, they belly to swell" meant: numbers 5:21 "or causes you to have a miscarrying womb and barrenness" to CAUSE a miscarrying womb IS an abortion.

'Ephraim, as I saw Tyre, is planted in a pleasant place; but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer." Give them, O LORD -- what wilt Thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit; yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.'

HOSEA 9-16

http://www.evilbible.com

http://skepticsannotatedbible...

the judeo-christian god is a myth and historical evidence proves it:
    3.3.3 ATHEISM: A HISTORY OF GOD (Part 1)- Evid3nc3

2nd Foundational Falsehood of Creationism-AronRa

Prove that Jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes -- GIIVideo

Christianity Exposed (Part I: Genesis) -- JezusRa
    The Mental Harm Done By Religion -- bdwilson1000

This is why I am a Militant Atheist -- lynchburgatheist

can just FYI:

THIS IS SCIENCE:
    FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the b...

THE BIBLE:

HOSEA 9-16

http://www.evilbible.com

http://skepticsannotatedbible...

can just FYI:

THIS IS SCIENCE:
    FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body:

as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death.

"The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms:
    It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]"

" Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance."

"It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species."
    http://www.answers.com/topic/... -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things.

just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

"an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it"
    http://www.thefreedictionary....

pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/...

THE FETUS DOESN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEEL PAIN --WHEN MOST ABORTIONS OCCUR.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/...

BABIES FEEL PAIN AT 35-37 WEEKS OF DEVELOPMENT-- PLEASE WATCH THE REST OF THE VIDEOS ON THE SAME PAGE.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/...

http://galerouth.blogspot.com/
  • Adam 2012/01/10 20:44:38 (edited)
    Yes a fetus is a parasite
    Adam
    I'm a person that beleaves in science and in the eyes of a scientist it is a parasite BECAUSE the biological def. of a parasite is An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host. and a fetus fits that to the T agree with my point of view or not a fetus is a parasite in the eyes of science.
  • lucky 2010/04/19 12:47:51
    NO a fetus is a baby
    lucky
    +1
    No, parasites give nothing in return they only take from the host, babies not only are essential to our survival as a species but also allow us to pass on our genes which plays into the survival of the fittest view.
  • MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2009/05/05 09:57:17
    NO a fetus is a baby
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +1
    To even associate the word parasite with fetus is disgusting to me... but for the grace of God, some who feel that way should linger in thought and be grateful their parents did not look at them that way.
  • Scooperchan 2009/05/01 16:32:11
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Scooperchan
    +2
    A fetus is a growing, developing baby, not a parasite. To say that it is one poses a rather unanswerable question: When did you change from your parasidic form into your current state of human? Think back, before an adult you were, a child, before that, a baby, before that, an egg and sperm. I don't remember going through that whole parasidic phase.

No, a fetus is a human being.
  • Valkyri... Scooper... 2009/05/01 16:49:35
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    Thank You.
  • JJNelli 2009/01/05 23:54:12 (edited)
    NO a fetus is a baby
    JJNelli
    +4
    WTFunk, yo? What a sick question! A fetus mean "Little one" in latin.

Parasites are never beneficial to their hosts. like fetuses are. (Carrying a baby to term dramatically lowers a woman's risk of breast cancer! Abortion increases your risk for breast cancer. www.abortionbreastcancer.com)

Parasites never grow up to change their parents diapers.

Parasites never tell you they love you, make you laugh, give hugs, say or do cute things.

According to the scientific law of biogenises, the only thing that can come from a species is what the species is. For example: Only thing that can come from a cow is a cow. Only thing that can come from tape worm is tape worm. Only thing that can come from a carrot, a carrot. Only thing that can come from a human, human.

And parasites never grow up to be hot like the dudes at Sodahead. ;)
  • Valkyri... JJNelli 2009/01/06 00:37:45
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +1
    Thank you for the great reply.
  • Irish Weatherman 2009/01/03 16:35:32
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Irish Weatherman
    +2
    I don't blame you for feeling appalled. That is a horrible thing to say. A fetus is a living thing, and deserves a chance to live it's full life.
  • Valkyri... Irish W... 2009/01/03 17:32:25
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +1
    Thank you for your comment.
  • Faith ~American Patriot~ 2008/12/28 08:01:46
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    No doubt about it
  • lynnie 2008/12/25 21:38:28
    NO a fetus is a baby
    lynnie
    +2
    Of course a fetus is not a parasite. It is a human baby that is conceived because of a person's actions or failure to act (birth-control) By calling a fetus a parasite it makes it easier to believe in killing them.
  • y so serious 2008/12/25 21:08:16
    NO a fetus is a baby
    y so serious
    +1
    NO! Its a living person!!
  • marquise 2008/12/23 20:47:19
    marquise
    +1
    It wouldn't occur to me to call my unborn child a parasite....although I must tell you that when I was pregnant with my elder one and she started to move for the very first time inside my belly it did feel rather strange...lolz.....
  • Sennae 2008/12/22 19:37:41
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Sennae
  • Luna 2008/12/22 13:19:24
  • Holliegirl11 2008/12/22 06:42:22
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Holliegirl11
    +3
    however.....i'm not even getting into this topic...but a parasite is a terrible way of describing a growing baby....What loon said that?
  • RANDJA 2008/12/22 05:05:33
    NO a fetus is a baby
    RANDJA
    +1
    I'll say it for you that other soda head that said the fetus was a parasite , takes one to know one I guess...... or their an idiot.....
  • Kricket Chiffon 2008/12/22 05:03:47
    Kricket Chiffon
    its really hard to say. parasite is something that lives off its host. a baby lives off its mother doesnt it?? so would it be classified in that category?? i dont believe in aboration but just something that crossed my mind when you said baby and parasite in the same sentence.
  • lucky Kricket... 2010/04/19 12:44:52
    lucky
    +1
    Parasite by definition is another species and gives nothing in return to its host. A baby is of the same species and gives humans the highest return possible, the very survival of our species. Not to mention all the human elements that it gives to most expecting parents... joy, love, wonderment, all the emotions that make us human in the first place.
  • NZArkie08: In God We Trust. 2008/12/22 03:19:21
    NO a fetus is a baby
    NZArkie08:  In God We Trust.
    +1
    When the embryo is classified as a fetus, it is starting to look like a baby. It has little arms, hands and fingers, little legs, and toes, a head, eyes, and facial features. That is from 8 weeks gestation. It looks like a baby, therefore it is a baby! :o)
  • Valerie 2008/12/21 23:23:42
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Valerie
    +4
    I like babies.
  • tuyyo 2008/12/21 20:52:30
    NO a fetus is a baby
    tuyyo
    +5
    Nooo!!! its a baby and a very cute one too!!! Whoever said that is just sickening!!
  • BK 2008/12/21 19:49:53
    NO a fetus is a baby
    BK
    +4
    I'm not going to say much other than that, while I understand the thought process that goes into being pro-choice, I just don't get the frame of mind someone would need to be in to label a developing baby a parasite. When my wife and I saw the ultrasound of what turned out to be our son John, all I could think was "that's my baby", so I guess I just can't understand thinking of a fetus as anything other than a baby.
  • Valkyri... BK 2008/12/22 01:53:34
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +1
    Niether can a lot of people.
  • BK Valkyri... 2008/12/22 13:44:36
    BK
    +1
    I'm not here to judge (that's somebody elses job, and He's way more qualified.) I can only speak for myself, and try to live accordingly.
  • JJNelli BK 2009/01/06 00:15:58
    JJNelli
    +2
    It makes it easier to live with yourself after an abortion if you call your kid a parasite. (something to defend yourself from.) It's all a form of denial. Very sad. Abortion is not natural... goes against our nature as women. We weren't designed to turn on our offspring, so when we do... disaster to our emotions and even bodies and long-term health.

The only time I've ever heard of fetuses compared to parasites was when I attended a pro-choice rally. Never again. (abortion has ruined several of my friends' lives, they regret it even yeeeears later.)

Parents are supposed to die for their kids, not have the kids die for them. Imagine a Hollywood movie where the heroes stuck the kids out as bait so they could get away from a killing maniac. Or left the kids in the fire to excape the flames. Or while drowning, pushed the kid under water to be able to get some air....
  • BK JJNelli 2009/01/06 13:34:51
    BK
    +2
    My wife went to college with a girl (roomed with her, actually) who had an abortion. By all accounts, she was pretty normal beforehand (I met her afterwords), but she was definitely not right when I met her. I don't know if it was the abortion, but my wife has definitely said she thinks that's what did it.
  • thumbelina328- In God I Tru... 2008/12/21 18:29:11
    NO a fetus is a baby
    thumbelina328- In God I Trust!!
    +3
    It's a baby!!! duh.
  • Weeda 2008/12/21 15:04:08
    NO a fetus is a baby
    Weeda
    +5
    Very well said! fetus baby
  • Valkyri... Weeda 2008/12/21 15:07:56
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +3
    Thank you
  • Gun665 2008/12/21 07:04:33
  • xxxx Gun665 2008/12/21 07:13:17
    xxxx
    +5
    Do you think that's how your mother felt about you?
  • Gun665 xxxx 2008/12/21 21:56:44
  • xxxx Gun665 2008/12/21 23:10:07
    xxxx
    +4
    I'm sorry to hear that... hear
  • CampDav... xxxx 2008/12/22 00:33:40
  • Gun665 xxxx 2008/12/22 13:07:33
  • xxxx Gun665 2008/12/22 18:45:36 (edited)
    xxxx
    +2
    It doesn't matter? Of course it does. You're not here by accident. Whether you know it God has a special plan for you. These are the most exciting times that we live in. Our very existence hinges on God.

God Bless god plan exciting times live existence hinges god god bless
  • Gun665 xxxx 2008/12/22 19:20:43

2014/04/19 22:44:34