Do you believe that pit bulls are naturally vicious...?

.Kira. 2009/08/04 13:57:27
Yes, they are very vicious.
No, not at all..
I've never experienced..
Well, we got my pit bull from the Humane Society of Michigan and...my mom didn't want him-since he is a pit-but my sister, cousin, step dad, and i went into the room with him & he is the friendliest dog i've ever had(until we got our German/Australian Shepard puppy). And after we got him i told people and the assumed he was vicious-only because that's what statistics show..

• Bam_For_Life 2009/08/04 16:40:06
    No, not at all..
    Bam_For_Life
    +3
    I believe all dogs have their "vicious" moments.

Pit Bulls I don't think are the "vicious" people know them to be it's just how they are raised, If you have a Pit Bull raised for fighting yeah he is going to be a very mean dog same with if you neglect them.

It's not the dog itself, it's how it is raised.

• Emily 2010/06/29 13:04:03
    Yes, they are very vicious.
    Emily
    +2
    They are NOT vicious. It's just a stereotype. They are a very strong breed and people used them in dog fighting and so that's how people became to know them as vicious creatures. Their real nature is sweet and nice. And when people say that their pit bull was never in a dog fight but attacked them for no reason you know that's a lie
    because they would never do that unless you abuse them. So therefor pitbulls are NOT vicious!
  • severus 2009/08/11 17:22:40
    No, not at all..
    severus
    depends.sum i see off da street i pet and they are freindly.i had pitbulls too.
  • MOTO MOON 2009/08/08 06:12:37
    I've never experienced..
    MOTO MOON
    Well, seeing as my dad is allergic to dogs, I've never has one...

I think it depends on the owner. All the vicious pitbulls on the news had horrible owners.

I think it could be trained to be either evil, or a very helpful sweet dog.
  • Ruby aka Baby Tinks 2009/08/06 21:25:33
    No, not at all..
    Ruby aka Baby Tinks
    Not Really!
    BELIEVE***
  • :)SuperGirl(: 2009/08/06 01:32:38 (edited)
    No, not at all..
    :)SuperGirl(:
    I dont think they are my sisters ex boyfriend left his pit bull a while back when he went to jail and we took care of him his name was Chico and he was a really sweet dog never vicious are mean at all. sisters boyfriend pit bull jail chico sweet dog vicious He looked like this only his spot was on the other eye and he had darker brown.
  • Damaris 2009/08/05 12:23:56
    No, not at all..
    Damaris
    +1
    ive always had pit bulls and their really smart and sweet its just how you train and treat them....i mean if a dog is bred and then taught to fight thats what its gonna do no matter what breed it is
  • Leo --Name Subject 2 Change-- 2009/08/05 11:46:35
    No, not at all..
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    +1
    I had two pit bull labs, and they're so cute! pit bull labs cute
  • BGIRL_ROX 2009/08/05 05:41:19
    No, not at all..
    BGIRL_ROX
    +1
    i think they're just the kind of dog that'll act like the owner wants it to.
  • AmyKane 2009/08/04 23:18:24
    Yes, they are very vicious.
    AmyKane
    +2
    I know they are. vicious
  • .Kira. AmyKane 2009/08/04 23:26:25
    .Kira.
    +1
    Mine isn't, neither are the ones in my neighborhood..
  • AmyKane .Kira. 2009/08/05 00:51:58
    AmyKane
    +1
    But the thing about Pit Bulls is that you can own one forever and it be calm and sweet and then snap. There are people who have thought the same way, that their dogs were sweet and whatnot b/c they've had them forever and they've acted fine, but then one day, out of nowhere, they lose control.
  • .Kira. AmyKane 2009/08/05 00:59:25
    .Kira.
    +1
    Madula Oblongota
  • Emily AmyKane 2010/06/29 13:06:00
    Emily
    That's a lie they would never attack for no reason unless they are abused or trained to be vicious.
  • Emily AmyKane 2010/06/29 13:05:01
    Emily
    No they aren't thats a picture of one in a dog fight.
  • bye 2009/08/04 22:49:03
  • Bam_For_Life 2009/08/04 16:40:06
    No, not at all..
    Bam_For_Life
    +3

• Cassie~ShadowClan Apprentice 2009/08/04 14:57:23
    Yes, they are very vicious.
    Cassie~ShadowClan Apprentice
    +2
    All dogs have some kind of vicious behavior at times. Now if a dog frequently attacks and kills, then it's the owner's fault, not the dog.
  • .Kira. Cassie~... 2009/08/04 19:46:18
    .Kira.
    Wait...i asked if they were naturally vicious...you didnt answer THAT question..
  • Cassie~... .Kira. 2009/08/04 23:54:26
    Cassie~ShadowClan Apprentice
    Sorry. No, they're not.
  • .Kira. Cassie~... 2009/08/04 23:59:29
    .Kira.
    Thanx! (X
  • JillianBrennan 2009/08/04 14:11:45
    Yes, they are very vicious.
    JillianBrennan
    +1
    All dogs are naturally vicious, you just have to trigger the hunting response. Alternatively, paint yourself up to be a submissive pack member, and then move in on their property, and you'll see some pretty nasty behaviour as well.
  • kahless 2009/08/04 14:07:37
    No, not at all..
    kahless
    +2
    Last year the number one dog that bit the most people was a cocker spaniel..why you ask.....because more people own one and they are more likely to get bitten by a pet than a stray dog...but I digress...pits or any other animal can be taught to play nice. Its the human factor that makes an animal mean....The reason many buy a pit is because they want a mean watch dog, or the status of having a "killer" dog and they are taught to defend, bark, bite anyone.....its up to the owner how their animal will behave, just like your kids....what you teach them will stay with them.....this is just my opinion
  • .Kira. kahless 2009/08/04 14:12:21
    .Kira.
    Well i agree with your opinion. For so long my mom believed the "statistics" and the so called professionals had to say about the pit bull being naturally vicious. Well, she believed that until she met MY dog...

2014/04/21 04:36:55