Do you believe loved ones that have passed away can visit you in dreams?

oy 2007/10/22 17:59:19

• Linda Lou Sisco 2013/02/23 04:00:42
    Linda   Lou Sisco
    My husband and myself lived at the Hospice for 3 months The Drs sent him there 9/30/2002 he passed away on 12/30/2002,they had put a sleeper sofa on for me to sleep,he would always sit on the edge and rub my right leg.After he passed I would feel him sitting on my bed and feel him rubbing my leg.I told my daughter,she said it was a dream, I know it wasn't a dream as I would be awake.
  • Lakeshia B 2012/04/22 21:43:56 (edited)
    Lakeshia B
    Yes They Can and they Do. My Mother inlaw passed away in feb.of 2008 and She apeared in my dream last night and I'm preganant with her 5 grandchild I was so happy to see her I loved the way she looked dressed in a white and clean from head to toe and member me sayin u look great u so pretty and clean I also member telling her u hav eyes and she moved her eyes from left to right like yeah I hav eyes lol it was special we was talkin and it sounded realy fast it made me feel good wen she said the num 46 count the calender from today which is. April 22 till jun 6 her bday is on the 46 day. Special
  • Jack 2010/12/20 09:46:55
    Jack
    My mum passed away last month. After she was cremated, I went back to my dad's house for a visit. As I did not had much sleep since her passing, I took a nap on the sofa. A short while later, I had a vision of her standing by a country road smiling and waving at me as if to say goodbye. I woke up and told my family about it and described the clothes my mum was wearing. They were suprised and told me that those were some of her clothes that were placed in her casket just before the cremation. Was it my mum trying to tell me something or just my imagination?
  • carolyn... Jack 2012/02/24 15:13:31
    carolyne knolle
    of course she was trying to reach out to you do not doubt yourself. The spirit lives on it is just body that dies. I bet you still feel her around at times. Dreams are just a vehicle for souls that have passed to visit us in a form we can handle.
  • Jack carolyn... 2012/02/25 04:50:39
    Jack
    Carolyn, thank you for your comments. Yes, at times I feel she is still around especially when I played her favorite songs on the violin. Like she was listening to them. Never got the chance to play for her when she was alive.
  • carolyn... Jack 2012/03/02 14:25:56
    carolyne knolle
    so ask her if she has any messages for you and see what you get, just because people are no longer in the physical does not mean that they no longer exist. the spirit lives on. we are not taught how to communicatewith the other side. I love that you are reaching out to her with music!
  • MR> Mooney carolyn... 2012/05/27 00:00:46
    MR> Mooney
    Some of the deciples saw Christ in a dream so I believe this is possible.
  • Loving Granddaughter 2010/03/19 15:28:00
    Loving Granddaughter
    +2
    My Grandmother visited me in a couple of dreams after she passed away. In my dream she just showed up all the sudden and I knew (in my dream) that she was a ghost. Even though I loved her it scared me to see her ghost. Someone standing next to me (again, in the dream) told me that when ghosts come to you they have a message for you. So I asked her what she needed to tell me... She held up a small sign that said "The Lord's Prayer". I still to this day don't know what that meant but I prayed The Lord's Prayer and hopefully that's what she was wanting me to do.
    Also, my Grandfather just passed away Saturday. He was french and ALWAYS smoked his pipe. Well last night out of nowhere I kept getting really strong whifs of his pipe. I kept trying to smell everything around me to figure out where it was coming from and nothing in my house smelled like it. It wasn't just a faint hint either. It was like he was smoking it right next to me! I don't see dead people.... I smell them ;)
  • Lorie 2009/11/02 19:55:20 (edited)
    Lorie
    +1
    Nov. 8th 2008 my niece was killed in a car wreck, One of the following nights after, I dream t she visited me. She spoke to me like she would of, She said she couldn't believe she died. Then an Angel came down to us and was upset, almost like she was frustrated with my niece. The angel told her that she wasn't suppose to be here and reminded her of something. Then the Angel turned to me and drew me a map from the moon to a star showing me were Amber will be. The dream was as if I was a wake, I cant explain it but things my niece said to me, I couldn't of came up with, because it was her own personality that she chose which words to say to me.
    PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS I would love to hear them.
  • carolyn... Lorie 2012/02/24 15:16:02
    carolyne knolle
    Wow what a powerful experience! have you had anymore? What a gift to have an angel intervene.
  • Debra 2009/10/17 19:27:19
    Debra
    +1
    I wish my son scott will come around just to let me know he is ok and to tell him I love and miss him so much.
  • Lorie Debra 2009/11/05 04:59:14
    Lorie
    +1
    I bet when your not specting it , he'll be there
  • mya Debra 2011/07/08 05:21:48
    mya
    My brother in law just passed away recently and I belive he will visit my sister one day. I think you should try believing he will and maybe just maybe he will visit you some way.
  • Jamie 2009/10/09 18:30:37
    Jamie
    +3
    I have been having recurring dreams about a friend of mine who passed away about a year ago. We were good friends when we were younger. He lived down the street from me, and we would always hangout after school. He moved away when we were in middle school. So we never got to see eachother again. One day about a year ago i had a dream about him. And i woke up wondering how he was doing. I thought about him that whole entire day. I even asked some people who went to school with us if they knew where he lived and how he was doing and stuff. But no one knew. I even told my younger brother that i had a dream about my friend. A few days later I came home early from work and my brother said to me you remember the other day when you were talking about your friend? i said yeah why? He said :" he passed away in a car accident a few days ago" It freaked me out. I was just thinking about a few days before and now this? Well it didnt end there. I keep having dreams about me and him all the time like at football games and at my old house. But it wasnt of us as little kids, its of us now. I never seen him as an adult but i do in my dreams, Its weird because i can reconize him in my dreams as my friend when we were younger but its him as an adult. And these dreams are so real to me.But that i...
    I have been having recurring dreams about a friend of mine who passed away about a year ago. We were good friends when we were younger. He lived down the street from me, and we would always hangout after school. He moved away when we were in middle school. So we never got to see eachother again. One day about a year ago i had a dream about him. And i woke up wondering how he was doing. I thought about him that whole entire day. I even asked some people who went to school with us if they knew where he lived and how he was doing and stuff. But no one knew. I even told my younger brother that i had a dream about my friend. A few days later I came home early from work and my brother said to me you remember the other day when you were talking about your friend? i said yeah why? He said :" he passed away in a car accident a few days ago" It freaked me out. I was just thinking about a few days before and now this? Well it didnt end there. I keep having dreams about me and him all the time like at football games and at my old house. But it wasnt of us as little kids, its of us now. I never seen him as an adult but i do in my dreams, Its weird because i can reconize him in my dreams as my friend when we were younger but its him as an adult. And these dreams are so real to me.But that isnt all. What scares me the most is this year on the one year anniversery of his death i seen his family. And now me and his brothers are good friends and talk all the time. It scares because i just dont think that this is coincidence. Because I think about him all the time and then to see his family on the one year of his death just doesnt seem normal to me. These things have to be happening to me for some reason. And To this day I still have dreams about him. And i wake up upset almost everytime. And i think about him for about a day and then i just kindof try to forget about it and move on. But i dont think about him everyday. So i know that these dreams arent coming to me because i am constantly thinking of him. That isnt the case. the only time i think about him is when i wake up sad cause i had another dream about him. And the part that upsets me the most is almost everytime i am about to wake up i tell him i love him. And then the dream is over and i wake up. So the point i am making is i think that people who have passed away can come to you in a dream. Or maybe in some ways impact you in your real life. I dont know what to think of all of this. Cause I have never really lost a friend or anything in my life besides him and this is the first time anything like this has ever happend. But in my opinoin people who have passed away can come to you in a dream.
  • carolyn... Jamie 2012/02/24 15:18:07
    carolyne knolle
    yep
  • skye Jamie 2013/01/10 09:34:47
    skye
    +7
    Jamie...alot of the same things have hppned to me! It began awakeing to "our song", which began with wondering what happened to him. He was love of my life and altho I had thought of lookng for him before, this time was super strong, as if I just HAD to try to find him. Found out he had passed away 4 yrs before...weeks later I dreamed of him. I know it was him and not just a dream,I felt his energy...hard to put into words if u havent experienced it. He told me he was sorry and he loved me. (he had left town to join Marines and it broke my heart). It wasnt a 'dream' it was HIM. Now im searching for others who can relate cause this is astounding!
  • nikman2727 2009/09/20 06:19:22
    nikman2727
    +1
    one time my grandpa passed away on July 17 2009. He died in the hospital during my grandma's birthday. His heart stopped on 2 30 then luckily he was revived but then at 4 30 he couldn't hold on anymore after 2 years of suffering. My grandma was in bad condition on her birthday but she said to herself'' im happy for one thing my husband is in heaven now.'' But after that we have expirenced alot of activity. One time i was in his room watching a movie i was thinking of him. And all the sudden a nerd those candies was throne at me. Then i had a dream that he was saying'' wake up.wake up''. but i didn't. Then one time my grandma was sleeping and she woke up and said'' nickie somethings in my room. When we walked in we saw the walking chair in his room moving. So yes i do believin it. PS.My grandpa was like a father to me.
  • monga nikman2727 2009/09/20 06:56:12
    monga
    +1
    NICHOLAS, I BELIEVE GRANDPA IS STILL HERE WITH US TAKING CARE OF ALL OF US. AND YOU KNOW GRANDPA LOVED ALL IS GRANDCHILDREN
  • Trs3308 2009/05/18 22:36:39
    Trs3308
    I think they can come back and visit you. Last Wednesday, I was talking to a patient of my place of work about my brother who died 6 years ago. He knew my brother too. I told him that I missed him very much. To make a long story short, last friday night my husband and I went out with some friends. Onthe way leaving out the door, I remembered that i had left my cell phone in the room. So I went back to get it. When I walked down the hall to the room, I tried to cut my bedroom light on. The light wouldn't cut on. I didn't think nothing of it, I just thought I had to change the bulb. After we came home later that night, my husband and I had walked to the room to take our shoes off. Before my husband had even touched the light switch i yelled out "The bulb needs to be changed!" and he had hit the light switch and the light came on. I knew something was wrong from that point, I had some strange feeling. That night when I went to bed(which was around 11:30 pm) I felt something walking on my bed towords me around 4 in the morning. All of a sudden I couldn't move but I wasn't completely asleep. I walked all the way to my pillow but it didn't do anything. I was yelling in my mind to the lord to help me. Then after about 30 seconds, I was able to move again. My husband likes to watch our tv in...
    I think they can come back and visit you. Last Wednesday, I was talking to a patient of my place of work about my brother who died 6 years ago. He knew my brother too. I told him that I missed him very much. To make a long story short, last friday night my husband and I went out with some friends. Onthe way leaving out the door, I remembered that i had left my cell phone in the room. So I went back to get it. When I walked down the hall to the room, I tried to cut my bedroom light on. The light wouldn't cut on. I didn't think nothing of it, I just thought I had to change the bulb. After we came home later that night, my husband and I had walked to the room to take our shoes off. Before my husband had even touched the light switch i yelled out "The bulb needs to be changed!" and he had hit the light switch and the light came on. I knew something was wrong from that point, I had some strange feeling. That night when I went to bed(which was around 11:30 pm) I felt something walking on my bed towords me around 4 in the morning. All of a sudden I couldn't move but I wasn't completely asleep. I walked all the way to my pillow but it didn't do anything. I was yelling in my mind to the lord to help me. Then after about 30 seconds, I was able to move again. My husband likes to watch our tv in the living room almost all nitght because he is a night person. I went to the living room with him for the rest of the night. My question is... If this was all in my head, how can you explain the light bulb situation?
  • VANESSA 2009/03/03 22:14:00
    VANESSA
    I BELIEVE SO 150%
    BECAUSE MY GRANDPA, WHO PASSED AWAY IN NOVEMBER OF 2008, CAME INTO MY DREAMS IN JANUARY. EVERY NIGHT SINCE THE DAY HE HAD PASSED ON I PRAYED TO GOD TO LET ME SEE MY PAPA ONCE MORE AND TALK TO HIM. AND I BELIEVE THE NIGHT THAT I WAS LEAST EXPECTING IT, HE CAME INTO MY DREAMS. I WAS IN SUCH A DEEP SLEEP THAT MY DAD COULDNT EVEN WAKE ME. I BELIEVE IT WAS TRULY MY GRANDPA AND THIS WAS HIS WAY OF TELLING NY FAMILY AND I THAT HE WAS OK SO WE CAN HAVE SOME SENSE OF CLOSURE. I LOVE YOU PAPA <3
  • Baby 2008/12/11 03:00:28
    Baby
    I belive they can because after spiritual life nobody knows what really happens
  • carolyn... Baby 2012/03/02 14:27:28
    carolyne knolle
    don't you think we get glimpses though?
  • mc27 2008/09/10 16:49:10
    mc27
    I have dreamt of friends who have past, but i am unsure if they were visiting me. It is a nice thought though.
  • Sleepy Jack 2008/09/10 01:22:10
    Sleepy Jack
    If youre high probably
  • carolyn... Sleepy ... 2012/02/24 15:19:46
    carolyne knolle
    whatever, the unseen is just as much apart of us as the seen world.
  • Sassparilla 2008/08/06 23:16:59
    Sassparilla
    +2
    I hope they can. My husband passed away almost three weeks ago. I've "felt" his presence off an on. This morning I was very sad and went back to bed. I had a moment of being half awake and half asleep and felt him kissing my cheek. FELT it. I loved it. I hope he visits me often.
  • oy Sasspar... 2008/08/08 21:50:29
    oy
    Awwwww, I'm sorry for your loss. *hugs*
  • Lorie Sasspar... 2009/11/02 20:06:06 (edited)
    Lorie
    I read a book that said the best time to feel or see a presence is when your in between the realm state of being half conscious(awake)and half asleep. I'm very happy for you that you got to experience that. It was also noted that twilight is the best time of the day to contact your loved ones. I am truly sorry for your lost.
  • jendie 2008/08/02 01:05:56
    jendie
    +1
    I get certain smells, my grandmother always rubbed down her body with olive oil she was 97. She always smelled funny. Sometimes i can smell that smell and I know it is her. Other family members have had it happen to them. body olive oil 97 smelled funny smell smell family members
  • Boris Badinov 2008/06/05 00:44:59
    Boris Badinov
    Not at all but I do think that wishful yearning can produce experiences, third parties can provide experiences and that demon spirits can have influence. - God does not send human spirits on 'missions' of any sort.
  • carolyn... Boris B... 2012/02/24 15:21:15
    carolyne knolle
    +1
    How do you know what God does anddoes not? Demons dont even exist.
  • Boris B... carolyn... 2012/02/25 00:56:22
    Boris Badinov
    I am a Christian and I know at least this much Christian doctrine.
  • carolyn... Boris B... 2012/03/02 14:31:54
    carolyne knolle
    should have known, too much fear! Creator is sooo much bigger than that and non judgemental. sure there is a darkside but only you can give it power. So why give it a nod and give yourself to the light.
  • Boris B... carolyn... 2012/03/02 16:21:11
    Boris Badinov
    What kind of peanut butter are you trying to feed me here, ck? - God Has made Himself known. He did it fully in the Christian Bible. What your trying to edge me into is the Gnosticism that opposed the early chruch.
  • carolyn... Boris B... 2012/03/10 16:09:52
    carolyne knolle
    you seem so narrow in how you define God, I just find your comments so judgemental and the one thing i think christaians are taught is not to do that but o well the creator that i have faith inis all loving and not concerned with human rules and restrictions. Remember the bible is written by mankind,
  • Rebecca 2008/05/09 21:20:59
    Rebecca
    They sure can. I've had it happen numerous times.
  • eliasa Rebecca 2008/06/19 18:00:26
    eliasa
    +1
    hi!I was wondering if you could mention any of your experiences
  • Rebecca eliasa 2008/06/19 18:28:08
    Rebecca
    Well, there was the time I got a lecture from my dad about the tattoo I had just gotten that night. Then there was the time when I had prayed to him that I needed him, and that night, he was there. Then there was another time that I said I needed his help, and bingo, the next night I found the evidence of my ex-husband's affairs, when previously it had never crossed my mind to look for. Then there was also the time he visited on the 10th anniversry of his death.

Enough? :)
  • carolyn... Rebecca 2012/03/10 16:10:35
    carolyne knolle
    That is such a powerful connection
  • tessa 2008/04/24 23:34:59
    tessa
    +1
    i beleive so i have had some strange things that happed around the house. a little while sfter loved ones passed on.

2014/12/20 05:35:26