Do you believe it is bad luck to take down your Christmas tree before New Years.

RedTN 2007/12/31 13:40:42

• Leethal 2008/01/02 05:31:16
    What, your supposed to take it down
    Leethal
    I am lazy I wait a few months
  • MAGGIE IRISH EYES 2008/01/01 17:46:18
    MAGGIE IRISH EYES
    This Christmas season, I have a new beautifully-colored fiber optic tree. It brightens up my living room. I don't want to take it down. So, I'm going to leave it up until my birthday party on January 24. (With all the laws that are being passed these days, I hope the "Christmas Tree Police" don't arrest me) LOL
  • Gramma Lil 2007/12/31 20:10:37
    Gramma Lil
    We took ours down two days ago!! It was too dry for it to be safe any longer.
  • RedTN Gramma Lil 2008/01/01 14:45:38
    RedTN
    +1
    When my daughter was with her dad on Christmas and Santa came to our house the weekend before Christmas I had that puppy down and out the backdoor into the woods on Christmas eve (no wonder so much happened (lol) ). Now we have an artificial tree and she's with me for Christmas as long as she wants so it stays up and is still up. The reason I did this poll is that next week I am filing a major item in court and it will make a big difference in mine and my daughter's life. I can't take any chances with our luck. However, I believe more in the power of prayer than luck and have left all of this in God's hands.
  • Gramma Lil RedTN 2008/01/01 17:26:11
    Gramma Lil
    I'll say a prayer too for you that all goes well!
  • Florida Keys 2007/12/31 16:56:50
    Florida Keys
    Not bad luck but I take it down after the 1st
  • YankeeInMS 2007/12/31 15:24:30
    YankeeInMS
    I don't believe in bad luck, so take down that tree whenever you want if you want. If you leave it up long enough, you can just change the decorations to Easter eggs.
  • Seonag 2007/12/31 13:44:28
    Seonag
    Actually ours doesn't come down until January 5th. It's a thing my husband's family did in Scotland and we continue the tradition. Outside decorations are dismantled New Years Day and between the 1st and 5th all the other decorations come down and are put away. It's a gradual thing for us ... as it looks so bleak after everything is down.

2014/10/31 19:37:19