Do you believe in the paranormal ?

CAPISCE 2013/02/13 07:59:43
Related Topics: Paranormal
Other

• josh parker 2013/02/16 23:17:04
    josh parker
    I dont but my dead granddad told me he does
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2013/02/15 05:13:54
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    some of it
  • Taylor 2013/02/15 01:07:29
    Taylor
    I have personally had two experiences where ghosts are the only explanation. The situations literally have 0 scientific explanations.
  • Brandon Michaels 2013/02/14 22:13:36
    Brandon Michaels
    For things that truly can't be explained, then yes.
  • Constant Commenter 2013/02/14 10:36:59
    Constant Commenter
    Absolutely
  • moonglum 2013/02/14 10:30:32
    moonglum
    yes i do
  • Walter 2013/02/14 01:17:41
  • Brandon... Walter 2013/02/14 22:14:04
    Brandon Michaels
    What else is supernatural besides ghosts and stuff? lol
  • RevJim 2013/02/13 22:58:34
    RevJim
    I am aware of my Spirit.
  • Murph 2013/02/13 21:44:18
    Murph
    http://www.biblegateway.com/p...
    Deuteronomy 18: 10-13
    Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the Lord your God.
  • RevJim Murph 2013/02/13 22:57:49
    RevJim
    I thought Jesus superseded Deuteronomic and Eclesiastical law. Or did you kill you children because they disobeyed?
  • Murph RevJim 2013/02/14 18:31:16
    Murph
    ?????????
  • RevJim Murph 2013/02/14 19:08:51
    RevJim
    Deuteronomy 21:18-21

King James Version (KJV)

"18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

I alway thought the the message of Jesus Christ superseded the rules of punishment laid out in the Old Testament

Luke 6:27-31:
    “Love your enemies.

“Even if they hate you, and do mean things to you, love them back. If someone pulls your hair, don’t pull theirs back. Do something nice for them instead. If someone takes something of yours, don’t get all mad and try to grab it back. Instead, let them have it, and be happy for them, just like you would be happy if they let you have something of theirs.

“That’s hard! But believe me, if everyone did this, it would change the world!

“Do for others just what you want them to do f...

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

King James Version (KJV)

Luke 6:27-31:
    “Love your enemies.

“Do for others just what you want them to do for you. If you really do that, you may just find that your enemy will become your friend.”

Here's the one I was looking for specifically:
    Matthew 7:12
    “Don’t you see? You already know what is good and what is bad. So always do for other people what you would like them to do for you. You know that that is good. Be good to others, just like you want them to be good to you. That is what all the laws in all the world are really all about.”
    Now, what does this have to do with the conversation at hand? I really don't think Christians would believe in the Holy Spirit, if all communication with Spirits were considered evil. And there are many stories of paranormal events, such as the introductory verses to the Book of Revelation, and Saul's conversion.
    Come to think of it, are Angels paranormal, or physical beings?
    I apologize for not being more clear in my question in response to your previous post.
  • Murph RevJim 2013/02/14 19:14:07
    Murph
    Scripture is more understandable, and much more applicable, if you read and study it in context, and not just pick and choose verses to support the current topic.
  • RevJim Murph 2013/02/14 19:20:06
    RevJim
    If I had not read the Bible completely through, tens of times, I probably wouldn't have asked the question, because I wouldn't have known the context.
    Anyway, thank you for answering my question. I do not begrudge anyone for their religious beliefs.
  • Diana 2013/02/13 20:01:52
    Diana
    +1
    Yes,I do.I watch every program about it.
  • lm1b2 2013/02/13 18:44:31
    lm1b2
    If i can't see,hear,or touch it,it does not exists!
  • J.L.Worley 2013/02/13 17:15:35
    J.L.Worley
    +1
    For me to believe in the paranormal I have to see it to believe it.
  • peter 2013/02/13 16:23:18
    peter
    maybe the is something more than we know. i think a medium contacted my nan
  • GAC 2013/02/13 15:55:41
    GAC
    I hope to witness something inexplicable with my very own eyes someday. I want to believe!
  • thomas.bogan.5 2013/02/13 15:38:04
  • rand 2013/02/13 15:28:24
    rand
    +1
    ...and even if I had such an experience, I'd probably write it off as hallucinatory.
  • ShaySceneDeletion 2013/02/13 15:24:57
  • Sara Soundeffect 2013/02/13 15:23:24
    Sara Soundeffect
    sure why not?
  • Boxcar Racer 2013/02/13 15:11:38
    Boxcar Racer
    Don't believe in a after life. So no on ghosts, spirits, angels ect.
  • Kezzi In Jesus I trust<3 2013/02/13 14:23:10
  • MissLeviathan 2013/02/13 14:07:31
    Other
    MissLeviathan
    I don't believe in the afterlife as such but I believe there's unexplained phenomena that no-one understands. I've had a few spooky experiences, I would love to see something clearer. It's such a fascinating subject.
  • Sniper 2013/02/13 13:37:59
    Sniper
    I used to live by the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables where it is reported to be haunted. I never saw anything but I know for a fact that the 12th floor has been closed and no one has been allowed to go there in 20 years.
  • MaxwellSmart12 2013/02/13 12:24:19
    Other
    MaxwellSmart12
    I don't believe in ghosts.
  • macbeth 2013/02/13 12:19:19
    macbeth
    +1
    As a teenager I was fascinated by the occult. Even tried out a few things, like reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards whilst looking in the mirror: it's supposed to raise the devil.
    Result: nada, zilch, zero.
  • marika macbeth 2013/02/15 06:50:02
    marika
    oww lucky you did just foolish things ,,but some of that ''games'' can be harmfull ecpeciall for kids whit preconception for psycoses ...and whit using alcohol 'r druggs its realey dangerous ,,not joking!!,,, sorry but I smoked mariuhana for a long time,,not annymore , I stil drink wel,, weekley,, and I sometimes interact whit the paranormal,,but ,,not for fun ,,not on demand ,,and whit great restraignt ,,onley thing I seriousley do is ,,my herbs and oils ,,,some natural heeling ,,based on old remmedys ,,that can be more strongley be given you by medatation and some rituals,,like to know a herb ..ore to feel a problm ..rr to..yeah sounds strange,, but let your hands glow ..thats one of my gifts ,,but even whit that,,been more carefull ,,it can drain you ,,and strongley beleved never to ask monney ..a return fafour is oke,,if it has worked,,,,my hands glow now ,,but dont know why......someone needs me?
  • gregory.brown.5030 2013/02/13 12:02:17
    gregory.brown.5030
    +2
    First, let me say that if you are religious then you have to believe in spirits and such. How ever, I believe that 90% of claims can be explained by normal events. Another 5% can be explained by unusual, but not paranormal events. It is the other 5%that I am interested in.
    I am a Member of the West Ga. Paranormal Research Society. That's right,I'm a ghost hunter. 1st let me explain. We have members that come from all walks of life, from professional carpenters and construction to professional investigators. Medical personal and housewives. We go into any investigation with an open mind, and our first priority is to debunk any reported activity. Most times there is a logical explanation. A few times there are things that we can't explain. Those leave us to believe that there is such a thing as paranormal activity. Understand, we do not say that it is paranormal, just that it is not something readily explained. check out our website at westgaparanormalresearchsocie... or our facebook page..
  • ghost7273 2013/02/13 11:39:47 (edited)
    ghost7273
    +1
    Ghost, i live close to the cemetery and i seen some weird stuff.
  • Mr.Steve 2013/02/13 10:58:53
  • Fran-Halen 2013/02/13 10:30:09
    Fran-Halen
    +2
    Things do go bump in the night.
  • jack_kazim 2013/02/13 09:25:19
  • Jay Theyme 2013/02/13 09:13:32
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    I'm very sure that 99.9% of reported 'paranormal activity' falls into categories of strange coincidence, natural or 'normal' phenom, possibly hoaxes or sometimes just 'illusions' tricking our minds,
    however,
    ...honestly, there are those rare cases where I sincerely suspect some genuine 'paranormal' event has happened.
    I guess I'm closer to a 'Fortean Times' kinda guy on this whole thing.
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2013/02/13 08:50:20 (edited)
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    My bathroom is possessed. People use it once and never again. They complain about the strong smell of sulfur. How evil.
  • Diana Pedro D... 2013/02/13 20:05:29
    Diana
    +1
    Try flushing.
  • Pedro D... Diana 2013/02/14 02:08:27
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    I'll have to hire a crew to make that possible.

2014/04/17 21:47:16