Do you believe in the Death Penalty?

Sister Jean 2012/05/05 18:46:13
Related Topics: Death Penalty, Death

yes
    +1
    It is called marriage.
  • Dweezle 2012/06/03 18:13:34
    no
    Dweezle
    So many people have been cleared from prior convictions by DNA, I remember a case where a man was convicted of rape, his mother died believing he was a rapist, yet he was exonerated later on because of a DNA test.
  • Ira 2012/06/03 13:41:08
    no
    Ira
    From a moral perspective, absolutely no. From an emotional and knee-jerk perspective, of course. But, isn't it the case more so than less, that someone kills someone for emotional reasons?

The heinous guilty need only to be removed from society for all time to serve the public good.
  • JesusIsMyGod 2012/06/03 06:23:09
    JesusIsMyGod
    Only if there is an imminent threat to life or liberty. Otherwise, no.
  • Disko Pickle 2012/06/03 06:20:17
    no
    Disko Pickle
    +1
    Killing a defenseless person is commonly understood to be murder.
  • Brosia 2012/06/03 01:56:33
    yes
    Brosia
    I don't believe that, with the current level of technology, people who are innocent will be caught on death row nearly as often. What pisses me off with death penalty people, they can live for decades fighting their punishment. At a high cost to tax-payers, by the way.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the death penalty is not really a deterrent, but there are some people that no longer should be breathing our air. And if the idea that they will die for doing something bad enough, at least we can prevent them from continuing their life.
  • metalmania17 2012/05/23 17:25:55
    yes
    metalmania17
    +1
    the golden rule

But I don't think I could pull the switch.
  • S* 2012/05/15 16:32:38
    no
    S*
    +1
    it is expensive, it keeps other countries from having extradition with us, and when it goes badly, you kill the wrong man.

http://news.yahoo.com/wrong-m...
  • Dickens 2012/05/08 01:56:02
    no
    Dickens
    +1
    ...ours is a system where guilt or innocence is irrelavent; most decisions are based upon the personalities of the attorneys. In a system where guilt or innocence doesn't matter, the death penalty should NOT be a option...
  • ehrhornp 2012/05/07 02:12:30
    no
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Don't have that much confidence in our judicial system. Yes we may have the best judicial system in the world but it is only the best money can buy. If you don't have money, you may not get justice.
  • bashfulsleepy 2012/05/06 19:38:10
    no
    bashfulsleepy
    +1
    I just don't think the human race is in any position to judge who lives or who dies.
  • Pat 2012/05/06 18:30:38
    no
    +1
    No. When we, in the form of the State, take someone's life retribution for a murder, we, in essence, become a murderer too. I'd rather sentence someone to hard labor for the rest of their lives. That seems fair.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/05/06 18:20:02
    yes
    **StarzAbove**
  • Mbyrd26 2012/05/06 13:49:43
    Mbyrd26
    +1
    it depends, if they did something horribley bad then yes they bshould have the death penalty, if not, then they dont deserve the penalty
  • Sean 2012/05/06 13:42:35
    Sean
    I find it very interesting the number of folks participating in this thread who would administer a government ran execution of someone for sex. Could that be because the men who believe that don't want someone taking "their wife" and the women who believe don't want someone tampering with their ability to use their body as exploitative property?

Not only do I not believe in government ran executions, I am against concentration camps (prisons as they're so called), and everything else that governments, corporations, academic institutions, and religions do. Since this is an issue specific to governments, I will only deal with governments for the purpose of this thread.

As much as I would like to see bankers, police, attorneys, business men, and other people who participate in parasitic occupations thrown in rafts in the middle of the Atlantic and eating alive by sharks for their crimes against civilization, I would never advocate for even them to be executed in the name of the organization called the state or even executed at all.

Nothing governments do is scientific, and everything governments do as is the case with the other 3 types of institutions is to keep themselves in business NOT to benefit the public. One example of this is the fact that one can be prosecuted for ...

Nothing governments do is scientific, and everything governments do as is the case with the other 3 types of institutions is to keep themselves in business NOT to benefit the public. One example of this is the fact that one can be prosecuted for resisting abduction from their thugs in costume, the term for that is resisting arrest, that is no different than a mugger suing someone for resisting a mugging, and prosecution for resisting abduction from thugs in costume in any kind of sane world would never be allowed, but then again in a sane world governments, corporations, academic institutions, and religions would not exist.

Governments don't know how to solve problems, nor do they give a damn because all they care about is keeping themselves in business that's why governments don't do anything scientific, think about it, who are governments comprised of, what kind of people from what kind of occupations? Attorneys, Business Men, Bankers, Monetary Investors, etc etc etc, there are NO scientists in parliaments, and senates, etc, either social scientists, or physical scientists at all.

Why is this? If you study the legal systems of any state system on the planet, and they're all the same, you will find the half of their sheets of paper called laws are there to regulate sex, and the half are there to regulate money so what does that tell us? Governments are there to ENFORCE monogamy, and ENFORCE the monetary system, NOT to manage resources and infrastructures which should be obvious by the very poor job they do at managing resources, and infrastructures, they are there to manage people.

That's why governments have concentration camps instead of free housing for people, that's why governments have thugs in costume to abduct people and take them to concentration camps for sex, or for taking food from a store, and guys in black dresses in buildings called court houses to administer the punishment in a concentration camp. And what's even MORE INSANE about his is the fact that governments have the power to KEEP PEOPLE LIVING UNDER THEIR STATE SYSTEM CONFINED TO THEIR ARTIFICIAL IMAGINARY GEOGRAPHICAL BOUNDARIES, THEY CAN KEEP SOMEONE FROM LEAVING THEIR IMAGINARY BOUNDARIES!

What's the point of all this? The point of all this is to keep themselves in business just as Target The retailer corporation is advocating for a sales tax on internet purchases because it poses competition to their stores. Government are not a damn bit interested in solving problems, they're interested ONLY in keeping themselves in business just like Corporations, Academic Institutions, and Religions. Therefore they're not interested in solving problems because solving problems WOULD PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS! Which is exactly what needs to happen!

So how do we solve problems?

Definitely not by abducting someone, and taking away their freedom for society considers aberrant behavior which is very subjective because we've been taught what is aberrant by governments, and as I stated clearly, NOTHING governments do is anywhere close to scientific. Sex is NOT aberrant behavior so that's not something that society should be involved in at all other than to allow all people sexual freedom that's why I am an advocate for polyamory/polygamy, monogamy is a FAILED system because humans both male, and female are NOT biologically wired for monogamy.

How do we solve actions that ACTUALLY DO OBJECTIVELY QUALIFY AS ABERRANT BEHAVIOR such as mugging, murder, pedophilia, burglary, etc.

Instead of CONCENTRATION CAMPS which are AN OFFENSIVE USE OF LAND! Shut those down, and turn those into:

1. Build Free Housing for people comprised of fireproof materials eliminating the need for fire departments, and codes, and all that, and design the housing high-rises with natural built in climate control, that can be done buy using materials that naturally cool down in hot weather, and naturally warm up in cold weather, reducing the need for electricity by a whole lot, a huge percentage of electricity usage is for climate control. And Yes I mean FREE! Make it available without ANY DEBT OR FORCED SERVITUDE!

2. Switch the food infrastructure to AEROPONIC agriculture IMMEDIATELY! We need to STOP using the archaic form of agriculture that's still in place for no reason other than to keep governments, and corporations in business! It wastes land, and we get minimal food production from it. Aeroponic produces 5X the yield of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and seed of the dinosaur agriculture we're using now, can be set up in any building, virtually runs itself once in operation, requires minimal human involvement to operate it, and EVERYTHING IS ORGANIC! Gone GONE would be the days of paying for food!

3. We need to wrap our heads around the fact that EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO EQUAL ACCESS TO THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION! NO MORE PRIVATE OWNERSHIP OF RESOURCES! And for you brainless people reading this, I am not talking about all housing being shared, AGAIN EQUAL ACCESS TO THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION, AND TO RESOURCES! Everyone should have their dwelling to live in, and have whatever they want inside their dwelling as long as one is NOT using their dwelling, nor any of their possessions inside their dwelling to EXPLOIT OTHERS! A dwelling, and whatever you have inside for YOUR OWN PERSONAL ENJOYMENT, AND USE IS YOUR BUSINESS! Hopefully the brainless reading this GET THE DAMN POINT!

I'm like George Carlin, I get annoyed with people after about 22 seconds.

Those are only 3 examples of how a sustainable economic system that would solve problems.

Now you people on here who work for governments, corporations, academic institutions, and are religious I am fully aware will take issue with everything I am saying because this would put you people out of business, and to that I say, you people need to be shut down by any means necessary, because you people are hindering human progress.

In something WORTHY of being called civilization, there would be no governments, corporations, academic institutions, and religions, there would be no admins on the internet, there would be no management office in apartment complexes, there would be no surveillances cameras, and security in buildings, there would be no LINES at distribution centers for one to get what they need, they would simply be able to take what they need from the distributions center, and LEAVE, no security, no money in the equation, no standing in lines wasting time out of one's life to check out, or pay this stuff called money, money would NOT exist! THE MECHANICS OF EXCHANGE WOULD IN NO WAY EXIST! In something WORTHY of being called CIVILIZATION!

And for those who have arguments against what I am saying, one way to loose credibility with me VERY QUICKLY is by using the term utopia, so if you want to engage in a debate, and get respect from me DON'T USE THE TERM UTOPIA!

I a list of terms I would permanently remove from encyclopedias if I was in charge of those, and the term Utopia is on that list because it describes something that is NOT technically possible!
  • Sister ... Sean 2012/05/06 14:35:01
  • bluelady 2012/05/06 13:31:41
    yes
    bluelady
    +1
    for certain cases.. crack/cocain dealers, pedophiles who kill the child(that guy who buried the little girl alive), terrorists (the shooter at Fort Hood) on our soil(the underwear bomber)someone who (serial or spree killers)kills many
  • Tylurr 2012/05/06 09:34:08
    Tylurr
    +1
    Only if the punishment fits the crime and it's IRREFUTABLE that the person did it. Under that circumstance...Yeah, it's right. They don't deserve the chance to roam free in society again, either by escape or parole.

I believe ONLY heinous crimes deserve this punishment though. A simple killing, I would put under life without parole. But anything above that deserves the death penalty.

The way I see it, there are cases where people may kill to protect either themselves or their family. Even if it's not provable in court, the benefit of the doubt should be given to those that only kill for defensive purposes. However, if they can prove it was a horrendous circumstance, (Rape, mutilation, etc) that should be an executable offense.

It's late, but I'm hoping that makes sense.
  • Phil 2012/05/06 09:01:39
    yes
    Phil
    +1
    In many many cases
  • pterodactyl 2012/05/06 07:50:56
    yes
    pterodactyl
    ya they deserve to go striagh to hell
  • Juan Pou 2012/05/06 07:33:55
    Juan Pou
    I belive in It but I bellive it should be delt by GOD no humans is capable of making a racional desicion with out puting feeling into it it is not relligion but tru facts because now in days we make desicions on he said she said not facts so many will die that are inocent
  • Tylurr Juan Pou 2012/05/06 09:35:03
    Tylurr
    So, hypothetically, if there IS no God, what becomes of the subject? Are we to leave their fate in the hands of a deity that arguably may not exist?
  • Mbyrd26 Tylurr 2012/05/06 13:51:24
    Mbyrd26
    +1
    uhhhhhh. God DOES exist! hes the one that made the world we live on!
  • Tylurr Mbyrd26 2012/05/06 20:02:10 (edited)
  • Juan Pou Tylurr 2013/08/24 12:46:58
    Juan Pou
    But there is so y worry!!!
  • Juan Pou Tylurr 2013/08/24 12:49:40
    Juan Pou
    But there is so y worry!!
  • D D 2012/05/06 07:22:05
    yes
    D D
    +1
    Absolutely.
  • mrdog 2012/05/06 07:15:29
    yes
    mrdog
    +1
    Absolutely...Yes...bark
  • bob 2012/05/06 06:52:41
    bob
    +1
    In principle, I agree that the death penalty should be used when there's no doubt that the guilty person is convicted. The caveat is that innocent people are convicted for crimes they didn't commit. And death is a bell you can't un-ring.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/05/06 06:24:50 (edited)
    no
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    It's inhumane.
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/06 06:17:11
    +2
    Wish I could. Due to the way the 'system' is set-up for "ledgering", instead of catching the one who commits of the crime.
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/05/06 06:01:23
    no
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    No I don't
  • Iamfree 2012/05/06 05:50:02
    yes
    Iamfree
    +1
    Yes, but only if there are two or more witnesses, or if there is video or other incontrovertable evidence of guilt.
  • Cain 2012/05/06 05:02:43
    yes
    Cain
    I think Carjacking should qualify for the Death Penalty.......Seriously
  • Juan Pou Cain 2012/05/06 07:36:00
    Juan Pou
    Some one must have taken you car jijiji ....
  • Lisa 2012/05/06 04:40:56
    yes
    Lisa
    +1
    Justice for all. If I knew someone who had been murdered and the suspect was caught...I would sure as heck like to see the death penalty put to the test with them!
  • jennie 2012/05/06 04:34:43
    jennie
    +2
    I probably would if I knew the victim but innocent people have been executed. That is a tough one.
  • Cellar Door 2012/05/06 03:51:01 (edited)
    no
    Cellar Door
    +5
    Killing is killing, whether it is done by an individual or by the government. Killing a murderer is murder, making the death penalty extremely hypocritical. Not to mention it is a flawed system since innocent people have had the death penalty in the past. AND because it costs more to put them to death rather than have them in prison for life.
  • EverybodyWantsSomething 2012/05/06 03:25:11
    no
    EverybodyWantsSomething
    +2
    Being killed for something you aren't isn't right.
  • Larry 2012/05/06 03:02:01
    yes
    Larry
    +2
    And the sentice should be carryed out with in a year.

2014/10/20 18:06:44