Do You Believe in Psychic Powers?

The Big Question 2011/05/26 00:53:17

• MissJo 2011/05/26 03:55:13 (edited)
    MissJo
    +4
    Everyone has them, it's just a matter of training your mind to using them. The human mind is extremely powerful...

• lippychick 2014/05/01 19:52:08
    lippychick
    But not like the commercialized crap we are subjected to on tv

I believe strongly in instinct and intuition
  • Jay1990 2012/01/18 18:55:04
    Jay1990
    No i don't . Me and my husband are not together and then she said that he is the only person ima have kids with , and how if we are both seeing other people so she really didnt make since to me. and all she wanted was $$$$ and that was it she said she wasnt doin no more readings until i got her 3000 dollars and i already gave her 700 $. so no i dont believe in them AT ALL !!
  • Christopher101 2011/11/18 19:34:34
    Christopher101
    Not at all. It's like most supernatural things found in culture that have stemmed from old myths/beliefs with no weight. Like the "soul" or mice like cheese.

Anyway check out the James Randi Foundation if you're psychic. I'm sure some of you have heard about it.
  • ChrisNat 2011/07/04 15:44:12
    ChrisNat
    but why do u ask ?
  • Jeok 2011/05/28 14:22:06
    Jeok
    I am empathic, a Lucid Dreamer-I can control dreaming- and belong to S.L.I.D.E. (Street Light Interference Data Exchanger). I was pulled over by FHP at 2 am on I-4 in Tampa because, as I was driving, alone, along, overhead street lamps were extinguished as I approached and passed. The troopers thought someone was in my car shooting them out. He was even going to give me a ticket, until he called in to ask what charge he could make, and they laughed at him. As soon as he broke my thoughts, all those light immediately came back on. I can walk or bicycle down a street at night, in heavy thought about something, and street light will just go our. IMHO Thank You For Your Indulgence
  • Just_Pietzche 2011/05/27 15:01:56 (edited)
    Just_Pietzche
    So far there hasn't been a single psychic in human history who has been able to consistently make predictions that are of any practical use to anybody. That's because they're all full of bologna. People who think they have psychic powers actually have a confirmation bias; they count the hits, ignore the misses, and have an accuracy rate that is at par with guesswork. That kind of accuracy renders their insights useless. Even the best cold readers can't provide better insight than a good friend.

Not one psychic predicted the tsunami on Dec. 26, 2004; 9/11; the earthquake in Haiti; the BP Oil spill, etc. So what good are they? How useful can they be to anybody? If they can't make a useful prediction, they don't have a special ability.
  • dwdraw2 2011/05/27 01:18:58
    dwdraw2
    No, it's not working for Obama?
  • Casper4690 2011/05/26 23:57:58
    Casper4690
    Yes....Yes I do! >.<

• Michael McFascist 2011/05/26 23:08:05
    Michael McFascist
    it's a scientific fact that gay people can start forest fires using only the powers of their minds...they can also mentally control sharks and make them attack people.
  • AskingMichelle 2011/05/26 18:05:12
    AskingMichelle
    my friend hana is reading a book about how to open your Psychic Powers.
  • brandi_so lovely 2011/05/26 15:59:40
    brandi_so lovely
    i some what have it.
  • gaara417 2011/05/26 14:59:48
    gaara417
    only because i am
  • Jay1990 gaara417 2012/01/18 18:56:29
    Jay1990
    +2
    so your saying that your a psychic. the one psychic that i met all she wanted is money why is that..
  • Tinman 2011/05/26 12:35:18
    Tinman
    It is a know fact that we use a 1/4 of our brain, we really have no real knowledge of what the rest of the brain is capable of. I think that we have in us an ability that for some reason we can not tap into, some have been able to have a glimpse into it but in general we lack the ability to use all of our brain.
  • davidl Tinman 2011/05/27 14:00:09
    davidl
    +3
    Some people would consider themselves lucky if they could use 1/4th of their brain.
    people lucky 14th brain
  • Christo... Tinman 2011/11/29 19:19:16
    Christopher101
    Actually that's an old myth. Although I've heard we only use 10% of our brains...but they probably stem from the same myth. If you go get an MRI your brain actually gets used fully. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Boris Badinov 2011/05/26 10:17:52
    Boris Badinov
    +2
    I believe that God is our Creator and that angels and demons exist. Psychic powers reach into the dark and are not a trustworthy or healthy place to spend time.
  • alsatian Boris B... 2011/06/01 22:27:15
    alsatian
    I can't agree. I believe all history, past, present and future exists. The ability to see AND understand, what is seen, provides the greatest difficulty. Old Testament Prophet verses are still used today. It is all a belief system and one that people choose how and what they believe.
  • L K 2011/05/26 09:54:56 (edited)
    L K
    +1
    Yes I do. Not in a spooky way, but just in a knowing way. I think some people are gifted enough to let those feelings in. Growing up my mother always had this uncanny sense of prediction...and we used to joke about it because nobody else seemed to understand her but me. She jokingly called it her ESP. My Dad called it her intuition...Now that she has passed, I miss that connection we had and it probably would be better described as just being on the same wavelength or very in tune with one another. So, yes, I do believe that there are those people who are sensitives and can feel things or know things that others can't. .. I think there are those special and unique individuals who are in tune enough with the universe or world around them that they pick up certain energies now and then. It really sounds crazy as I try to explain it.....so lets just say that I want to believe it.....why not? I also think there are quacks out there who pretend to know things and take advantage of people and that is so wrong. I think real psychics don't get paid for their ability but help others just because they can......I have tried to avoid my flashes of knowing things all my life....it is an odd sense.....my husband once joked that he needed to take me to Vegas and when he did I was dead as...
    Yes I do. Not in a spooky way, but just in a knowing way. I think some people are gifted enough to let those feelings in. Growing up my mother always had this uncanny sense of prediction...and we used to joke about it because nobody else seemed to understand her but me. She jokingly called it her ESP. My Dad called it her intuition...Now that she has passed, I miss that connection we had and it probably would be better described as just being on the same wavelength or very in tune with one another. So, yes, I do believe that there are those people who are sensitives and can feel things or know things that others can't. .. I think there are those special and unique individuals who are in tune enough with the universe or world around them that they pick up certain energies now and then. It really sounds crazy as I try to explain it.....so lets just say that I want to believe it.....why not? I also think there are quacks out there who pretend to know things and take advantage of people and that is so wrong. I think real psychics don't get paid for their ability but help others just because they can......I have tried to avoid my flashes of knowing things all my life....it is an odd sense.....my husband once joked that he needed to take me to Vegas and when he did I was dead as a doornail inside....so it is isn't like that....however, when he took the kids for a drive and left me alone by myself one day I snuck into the casino and for fun did the slot machines and bingo....ding ding ding....won the grand prize....too bad I only had courage enough to do the nickle slots.LOL Even still people came running from all over because bells and whistles and lights go off flashing grand prize. I felt guilty and never did again. It was probably just chance, but still I felt totally strange and thought if somewhere inside I could predict things I certainly didn't want to use that for personal gain. Thousands of nickels came pouring out and I told everyone around me to grab a cup and to dig in. I just couldn't take the money.
    I know this sounds crazy, which is why I don't talk about it and probably will be sorry i even wrote all this down... but I did have a premonition before my mom and my husband were diagnosed with cancer. I think I shut down after my husband died in December of last year. Sometimes it is better not to know before hand...ok...I sound loony.....forget I said anything......
  • David (... L K 2011/05/26 10:16:22
  • L K David (... 2011/05/26 23:50:18
    L K
    Wow! I have to google everything you said.....fascinating stuff.....I totally recognize myself in your comments. Quite honestly it all kind of scared me.....it isn't anything I ever talked about except with my mother because she was like that too. Is there a specific website you recommend to check out?
  • David (... L K 2011/05/27 07:57:51
  • David (... David (... 2011/05/27 08:00:28
  • David (... David (... 2011/05/27 08:06:05
  • L K David (... 2011/05/27 09:46:51
    L K
    I took it last evening before you posted this (because I googled it after reading what you wrote) and was ENFP. Which I am not sure about, I answered quickly and wasn't sure about some answers that could have gone either way.But mostly it describes me.....
  • L K L K 2011/05/27 09:48:06 (edited)
    L K
    I thought there should have been an I in there too as I feel that describes me more in detail. I think my E got in the way since I was an actress and in a band when I was younger and now I am a teacher who is up speaking to not only kids but adults all day. So performing in a sense is easy for me. But there is another side of me too that the questions did not address enough in my opinion. But I guess it was enough to qualify on this scale.....interesting stuff. I will look at it again and retake just for fun and read it over again after work today.......
  • David (... L K 2011/05/27 14:17:22
  • David (... David (... 2011/05/27 14:35:40
  • L K David (... 2011/05/27 22:48:31
    L K
    But wait...... the career , mid life fits me too in the INFP......hmmm so what does that mean?...The ENFP write up, however, is like they followed me around and then wrote that up based on my life.
  • David (... L K 2011/05/28 10:38:28
  • L K David (... 2011/05/28 11:59:56 (edited)
    L K
    Your Type is
    ENFP
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling...
    Strength of the preferences %
    67 12 69 33
    This is what is came out to be....I doubt I am a little extraverted. I am in truth only shy one to one. I am good in a crowd or in front of a group presenting.....
  • L K David (... 2011/05/27 22:43:54
    L K
    OMG......that sounds just like me.....
  • David (... L K 2011/05/28 10:38:44
  • L K David (... 2011/05/28 12:01:02
    L K
    No the ENFP sounds like me almost to a T.
  • David (... L K 2011/05/28 12:14:23
  • L K David (... 2011/05/28 12:44:31 (edited)
    L K
    Yes, and I am Aries as well so that goes along with what I have always read about myself. This test, however didn't have the choice of sometimes. And that would have been important because I can change like the wind too. Because I don't like the mundane, I am always doing things differently. But this outgoing ability actually works well for me because my classroom is always exciting and kids learn because I am not the kind of teacher who stagnates. My writing scores were the tops in the whole district this year and now I am getting calls from all the principals to teach it my way at their schools. The problem is, that I am already going to try something else this year to up my game. Been there done that is how I live my life...at least in the classroom. I teach writing as if it were method acting....using the senses and the kids flourish by using the simple improvisational acting techniques I learned in college. Two years ago via web cam I hooked up with a school in the UK and we did lessons together Via web cam. it was awesome. The students were adorable and my class didn't understand at first what they meant by petrol. LOL Also,your football and ours is different. Anyhow, because I am a whirlwind, the quiet moments seem so intense with the feelings that it is often easier to just be out there rather than getting the energy of those around me........thanks for the info.....so interesting.
  • David (... L K 2011/05/28 13:40:47
  • L K David (... 2011/05/28 13:53:55
    L K
    I am sure it will....but after 35 years....I think after next year I will retire... The good thing is, that principals now want to hire me to come to their schools to work with their teachers, so while I tire of the day in and day out routine....which i love, but it is physically hard the way I do it. (I never sit down...I am always up and on stage in a sense, and am so exhausted at the end of a day), so working a day or two a week instead of being at school from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm like I am now, will be a nice rest for me. i can teach teachers, get my pension and the money i get from lecturing will pay for my health insurance...that is a possible plan....I have said that for the last few years and then every summer I miss it so much I go back. I cry at the end of each year because I grow to love my 4th graders. And there is a sense of excitement each Fall thinking to myself, how on earth can I get excellence out of this batch of youngsters.....so we shall see. The technology changes in the world have come so quickly that good teachers need to tap into it to keep students' interest and working in the school system has kept me abreast of everything new and exciting in that world. Anyhow....I digress.....thank you for your insight......I have a new world to explore....:D
  • David (... L K 2011/05/28 14:16:32
  • L K David (... 2011/05/28 15:43:06
    L K
    Thanks, right back at ya.

2014/12/20 00:03:25