Do you believe in god?

hardcore!!! 2012/07/30 01:25:54
Related Topics: God

• Truth Matters 2012/07/30 01:39:39 (edited)
    Truth Matters
    +15
    Yes, any thinking person without a psychological bias can see that our finite Universe and existence is no accident.

Atheism is absurd.

• Sofia ☆ Boo-Yah 2014/04/23 09:44:59
    Sofia ☆ Boo-Yah
    No.
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2014/04/23 09:40:32
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I simply cannot believe in something so illogical or improbable.
  • Kezzi Morris 2014/04/23 09:09:48
    Kezzi Morris
  • Splashstorm 2012/09/06 01:32:53
    Splashstorm
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/08/28 06:25:29
    Jorge Enriquez
    God
  • Tim 2012/08/23 17:16:17
    Tim
    Anyone can create a mythical god that created everything and so on....
  • Royo 2012/08/18 02:13:55
    Royo
    Perfect timing for this question! Today, 2 Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door and told me that all the natural disasters will end because of God. That makes TONS of sense.
  • CA Gal 2012/08/15 18:49:00
    CA Gal
    You bet!! I can certainly understand why people would question stories in the Bible but realize the Bible was written by humans not God.
  • por cambio 2012/08/15 18:23:34
    Idk
    por cambio
    i'm glad i stumbled upon this thread because i have been pondering questions such as this recently. i don't even like using the word belief when i view such things, thus, i will only point at how i would view this question. any idea of something divine is a natural human reaction to questions we can not explain for ourselves. we hide from the tough questions through the masks of both science and religion without truly understanding that the two combined are much more powerful when the literals are taken out of the equation. when contemporary physics theories are applied to religion, we find that we are all connected and that all things are made of an infinite energy. when breaking it down to the most minute known particles of the universe, we are all structured, as are all things, through vibrating atoms. solids are only solids because the vibration is so intense that it manifests in our minds that the object is solid, while in reality a brick wall is only hard from our point of view. when anyone truly begins to connect this to all religions and reads the doctrines outside the literals, one will find that they all end with the same conclusion; that god is all of us and we are all god. so from my point of view, the question do i believe in god? - the answer is, most definitely...

i'm glad i stumbled upon this thread because i have been pondering questions such as this recently. i don't even like using the word belief when i view such things, thus, i will only point at how i would view this question. any idea of something divine is a natural human reaction to questions we can not explain for ourselves. we hide from the tough questions through the masks of both science and religion without truly understanding that the two combined are much more powerful when the literals are taken out of the equation. when contemporary physics theories are applied to religion, we find that we are all connected and that all things are made of an infinite energy. when breaking it down to the most minute known particles of the universe, we are all structured, as are all things, through vibrating atoms. solids are only solids because the vibration is so intense that it manifests in our minds that the object is solid, while in reality a brick wall is only hard from our point of view. when anyone truly begins to connect this to all religions and reads the doctrines outside the literals, one will find that they all end with the same conclusion; that god is all of us and we are all god. so from my point of view, the question do i believe in god? - the answer is, most definitely yes, but not in the way that people mis-read the metaphors within the doctrines that have structured our beliefs. muhammed, jesus, sakti, bhudda, plato, socrates, aristotle, ghandi, martin luther king jr, albert einstein, mother theresa, gallileo, capernacus, etc......... were all alike. they viewed the world from a different point of view than what was handed to them. they saw our connections, through love, compassion, passion and so forth. they all used the power of enlightenment or wisdom to look past the impossibles and see only possibilities. they questioned their own structural consciousness that held them back. it is not a coincidence that all religions possess myriad similarities. the way to look past this wall, that clouds us, is to 'let go' of all things we hold so tightly as truth and find understanding, awareness and so forth. the world was once flat because we collectively believed this as fact and individuals that did question this truth were killed and made as martyrs. so release all hate, fear, insecurities and wisdom is sure to come.

" I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."
    -John Lennon

"The end of life is to be like God, and the soul following God will be like Him."
    -Socrates

"We are never defeated unless we give up on God" - replace the word god with "ourselves" and see if that sounds right.
    -ronald reagan ; a little bit of a dogmatic approach from this guy, but he made sense.

"We ought to fly away from earth to heaven as quickly as we can; and to fly away is to become like God, as far as this is possible; and to become like him is to become holy, just, and wise."
    -Plato
  • scoobydooby 2012/08/15 05:35:08
    scoobydooby
    lol no
  • Keanu 2012/08/13 19:51:29
    Keanu
    +1
    I do. I'm more of a spiritual person than a religious one. There are some things in the Bible that I can apply to my life, but there are some things in the Satanic Bible that go just as well. I'm a believer, a searcher, a researcher and a traveller. I'll go where I can learn.
  • Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/08/13 19:22:02
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    No way
  • Ashes 2012/08/10 22:43:47
    Ashes
    If Marilyn Manson was a God then I'd believe in him... XD
  • diaphramable 2012/08/10 21:46:19
    diaphramable
    because He does
  • Jacob Torres 2012/08/06 01:36:07
    Jacob Torres
    +1
    It always strikes me that somebody could go their entire lives without ever witnessing God and then talk about how obvious God's existence is.
    I don't believe in God based on the fact that nobody has ever offered me "proof" that didn't have a better explanation or that didn't boil down to scholasticism without empirical evidence. (And even the scholasticism was always pretty weak.)
    I'm going to live my life without fear and as compassionately towards all living things as I can. And if I kick the bucket and it turns out I was wrong, then I'll either be faced with a good God-who wouldn't condemn me for such a life-or an evil one, who I would rather be damned than serve.
  • Whitney Kendall 2012/08/06 01:31:47
    Whitney Kendall
    +1
    No i dont.... and if you have a problem with me saying this... if it offends you STOP READING IT and please any bible thumpers out there... dont reply to me i beg of you i dont want to deal with any of your bull crap i really dont want to hear it!!!
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/08/06 01:15:04
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    i believe in god but i dont agree with most religions. i do believe that theres more to our existance than just being here... but i do feel that religion is just a way of people telling you to run your life and an organized way to make money. i think if youre a good person overall god will accept you.
  • E.Sailor 2012/08/05 20:58:28
    E.Sailor
  • Mordred Emrys Morgan 2012/08/05 09:40:15
    Mordred Emrys Morgan
    I view the concept of god as a non gender creative energy that exists in all things and id expressed not only on a masculine level as a god but also on a feminine level in the form of a goddess.
  • halfbreed 2012/08/04 18:09:15
    halfbreed
    But not the one that the bible speaks of. I also believe in a Goddess
  • jeane 2012/08/03 04:34:29
    jeane
    +2
    I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.
  • Kezzi Evanescence 2012/08/02 16:55:55
    Kezzi Evanescence
    +2
    Yes I do I am a Christian
  • Yoko 2012/08/01 12:01:45
    Idk
    Yoko
    +1
    Hmm, I believe in his existence, but I would never worship that vile cretin…

Blessings to all,
    and May all be well with you ^_^
  • diaphra... Yoko 2012/08/10 21:48:11
    diaphramable
    why wouldn't you worship Him if you beleived He exists?!?
    i'm not attacking on your beleifes or anything, but your logic seems mistaken
  • Yoko diaphra... 2012/08/10 22:34:55
    Yoko
    To put it simply (and vaguely), cause I am Druid.
  • diaphra... Yoko 2012/09/21 18:45:20
    diaphramable
    i see, and what exactly is a druid?
  • Yoko diaphra... 2012/09/23 00:38:57
    Yoko
    Too much to go into on here...but there is a bit of info about it on my page.
  • diaphra... Yoko 2012/09/28 09:40:39
    diaphramable
    +1
    Oh true
  • InoYamanaka 2012/07/31 16:29:03
    InoYamanaka
    +1
    I know fully well that Gods and Goddesses exist.
    I'm not following them.
  • Esther 2012/07/31 14:19:35
    Esther
    +2
    of course ..
  • American☆Atheist 2012/07/31 07:03:19
    American☆Atheist
    +3
    LOL at the top comment, he has no idea what atheism is.
  • Ameera 2012/07/31 06:53:54
    Ameera
    +2
    definitely
  • Dave 2012/07/31 06:03:40
    Dave
    +3
    No - The greatest downfall for humanity has been this crazy idea of a "god-being". The Earth is god and heaven is right here and there is nothing after you die. If more people thought like this, we'd live in a much better place.

In my view we treat "god" in the worst possible way.
  • diaphra... Dave 2012/08/10 21:53:30
    diaphramable
    the earth is a rock that's going to be swalloed up by the sun in a few billion years,
    and it's been around way longer than humans, and it will continue to exist even after the human race becomes extinct,
    the earth can pretty much take care of itself,
    it's been through countless earthquakes and disasters already, so what's a little slap in the face by us going to do? it's had ice ages and it's been hit my a lot of things flying through space, its surface has been broken into peices and shifted over and over again through the ages,
    humans are not "treating it in the worst way possible" because here's nothing we can possibly do to destroy the earth,
    you're not worried about what we do to the earth, you're worried that we'll mess things up for our species and you won't be able to survive any conditions that we create for ourselves on this planet anymore,
    you're worried about Man
  • Dave diaphra... 2012/08/11 04:10:02
    Dave
    Just own up to this you're a selfish, greedy idiot. There is only one animal that will cause it's own extinction and that is humans. The sad part it takes a lot of more worthy creatures out as they lead themselves to extinction.
  • diaphra... Dave 2012/09/21 18:44:51
    diaphramable
    i'm pretty sure that extinction is a part of natural selection, which is earth's way of maintainging the stronger species alive whil the weaker species just naturally die off and become extinct,
    i suppose you're going to blame humans for the extintion of the dinosaures?
  • Dave diaphra... 2012/09/22 18:35:50 (edited)
    Dave
    Natural selection? Wow - now that is a twist. lol Thanks for trying - all I can tell you is that the dinosaur had a pea size brain and nature caused their extinction - humans have an incredible brain, but will cause their own extinction. Nature is no involved.
  • diaphra... Dave 2012/09/28 09:29:46
    diaphramable
    If nature is not involved, then mankind would not die out.
  • Dave diaphra... 2012/09/29 18:30:46
    Dave
    Human kind will die off at their own hands. It's plain suicide - nature has nothing to do with it. Though the outcome we cause involves nature or science.

It's like a guy locking himself in his garage and turning the engine on. He is considered a suicide death - not a death by natural causes.
  • diaphra... Dave 2012/09/30 03:53:52
    diaphramable
    And i suppose that all other extinct species died at their own hands as well?

2014/08/30 14:36:12