Do You Believe In Creation Or Evolution?

The Big Question 2010/05/26 04:13:33

• Shadow13 2010/05/27 03:39:07
    Evolution
    Shadow13
    +6
    Evolution has such an abundance of evidence and observations to reinforce it. Creation has only a book that says it's so.

Now before God Squad comes, I don't believe, why should I? I don't feel or hear this imaginary being. If going to hell was my main concern, I would be motivated by fear not by faith to believe. My faith is MY issue and ONLY my issue.

• Simone Seitz 2012/12/02 02:49:31
    Creation
    Simone Seitz
    The problem of Evolution is Where did the first species come from? We have seen Canines branch out and evolve over the many years but Where did that first dog come from? How did he show up here? I believe in both but it wouldnt let me vote for both. :c
  • kristel 2012/11/19 14:28:59 (edited)
    Creation
    kristel
    Creation is what i believe in, evolution is what I believe it to. in the end creation is what were going to believed, because there's no such thing as God..
  • Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2012/07/30 14:36:40
    Evolution
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    Science. It works.
  • Gunluvr Warren ... 2012/10/21 21:32:50
    Gunluvr
    +1
    It works until the electricity goes off.
  • Warren ... Gunluvr 2012/11/16 20:20:15
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    No, science does fine even without electricity. Moving to an Amish community does not overturn the principles of physics.
  • Gunluvr Warren ... 2013/04/28 18:53:46
    Gunluvr
    Science and law are there but they cannot be coordinated, advertised or enforced without electricity. Why do you think religion has been supplanted by secular laws and science. One day the electricity will go off and things will correct to their true state and only the guns will work.
  • chrystalhanson 2012/07/23 12:32:14
    Creation
    chrystalhanson
    People who believe in evolution, I think, feel as if they are cleverer and superior to others. Just because you are able to write paragraphs of why God doesn't exist is a complete waste of time. I just feel as if people agree with evolution because they feel that if they choose creation people will point fingers at them and laugh. Were any of you there when the earth began? No. So how can you completely ignore the Bible and it's word ?
  • kristel chrysta... 2012/11/19 14:33:10
    kristel
    +10
    exactly...
  • Nole Fan 2011/01/17 21:53:36
    Creation
    Nole Fan
    +2
    I could spend days telling you why evolution is a hoax, myth, lie or whatever you want to call it. But here is just one example. If evolution were true, and using the most conservative date of when man "evolved" and using the most conservative population growth rate, there would be more people today than all of the atoms in the known universe. Think of how many would have died since the time man "evolved". Where are they burried? The earth could not hold them. You would be finding bones every time you planted a tulip.

However, if you calculate the population from the time of the global flood described in Genesis(4500 years ago), starting with 2 couples, you will have the population of the world today.

The problem is that people do not want to believe the Bible. Therefore they had to come up with something else. And even as crazy as evolution is, people want to believe it. By admitting the Bible is true, then they realize that the judgements are true as well and they will be accountable one day.

But just because people do not want to believe the Bible, does not mean it is not true. There will be a time when EVERY KNEE will bow and EVERY TONGUE confess that Jesus is Lord. But it will be too late for them at that time.
  • Tasine 2010/11/02 13:48:53
    Creation
    Tasine
    +1
    Actually my answer is that I believe in both. We know for a fact that evolution is real. We can see evolution. Man is constantly evolving as is everything else.....it is part of nature.

Creation is, in my view, how everything began, how the universe began, how life was begun, all life. Look, I am not a religious nut, but neither am I altogether stupid. How can one possibly believe such magnificence, such conciseness, such detail, such awe inspiring things and beings are the result of ACCIDENT, a WHIM of nature? No, if one studies merely the human body, he cannot logically believe all these bodies, each different, but all with likenesses were the result of CHANCE.

That is not all I believe, I believe that the same creator who created the universe, all living things, also built in "evolution", which is just one more miracle He is able to achieve, but which an accident or chance could not possibly accomplish time and time again over centuries. People who do not believe in intelligent design cannot see any plausibility in ID theory because it requires some degree faith in a higher being, and they do NOT want to believe in a higher being. Look, you don't have to call our creator "God". Some people are afraid of the word "God", like He may strike them dead or something. So don't think of Him as God, but for goodness' sake, stop the slop about man evolving from goo. That it totally unbelievable.
  • Simone ... Tasine 2012/12/03 03:14:01
    Simone Seitz
    +12
    I want to high five you right now. *internet high five*
  • Tasine Simone ... 2012/12/03 09:08:02
    Tasine
    Thanks.
  • ♥~Rainbow~♥ 2010/11/01 19:58:43
    Evolution
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    It seems the most logical to me at this point and time........ who knows maybe one day my thoughts will change ... but I doubt it ;P
  • ThnknWoman 2010/10/08 05:31:09 (edited)
    Evolution
    ThnknWoman
    +2
    Where is the both button?
  • ThnknWoman ThnknWoman 2010/10/08 05:34:48 (edited)
    ThnknWoman
    +3
    The Garden of Eden was definitely in Africa though!
  • ThnknWoman ThnknWoman 2010/10/08 05:36:08
  • Sailor Dale 2010/10/08 05:30:22
    Creation
    Sailor Dale
    +2
    Evolution is scientifically impossible!!!
    The only people that still cling to that old false idea are people that have chosen to, because they do not want to believe in an all powerful creator God (not allah) that they WILL have to stand before and give an account of their lives one day!!!
  • Demon Dolphin 2010/08/09 02:14:38
    Evolution
    Demon Dolphin
    Evolution makes more sense, and has more evidence.
  • reed67 2010/08/09 02:07:36
    Evolution
    reed67
    +2
    This poll need better options. I pesonally feel that creation & evolution go hand in hand.
    Then again I'm not a Christian but Pagan.
  • Blix 2010/06/06 06:56:03
    Creation
    Blix
  • boomer 2010/05/30 15:13:40
    Creation
    boomer
    +3
    On one hand, one will ask "who created the creator"... on the other hand, one will ask "where did the first life form come from?"

I believe in creation because of how complex life is. Our bodies contain things way more complex than say a car engine... how many car engines have randomly come together since life began? If I can look at the complexity of a car engine and deduce that someone probably created it, why can I not do the same thing with a human being?
  • nothing... boomer 2010/10/21 03:57:54
    nothingUnreal
    Car engines do not make imperfect copies of themselves, and have the copies selected upon by a harsh environment. Living things do. Evolutionary theory makes perfect sense if you bother to study it, and evolution was known centuries before Darwin, who merely suggested the principle mechanism. Evolution is a fact of life. If your faith is to rigid to accommodate reality, then you faith is wrong.
  • boomer nothing... 2010/10/26 15:05:15
    boomer
    no, your faith is wrong. It is your faith that allows you to believe in evolution even though you weren't there at the beginning of time, nor was anybody you know. It is your faith that allows you to believe in evolution, which requires variations of a species that have something different about them, even though 99% of the time, when there is something different in a person's genetic make-up, something different enough to warrant a change in the species, it means they are handicapped in some way such as a mental retardation.

My "faith" in creationism is no different than your "faith" in evolution. Scientists out there are ousted for their creationist stances even though they make headway as far as science itself is concerned, using their creationist theories. Both are based on observations. If evolution is true, then are living conditions so specific? shouldn't we be able to adapt to any conditions? If humans are so much like every other species on this planet, why are we the only beings capable of creating a computer, by far!? Why are we the only beings capable of writing a play, or a symphony? The difference between human beings and every other life on this planet is astronomical.
  • nothing... boomer 2010/10/28 01:50:14
    nothingUnreal
    Your faith in creationism is based on nothing but wishful thinking. I was not their at the beginning of life, but I can observe that anything that makes imperfect copies of itself and faces competition for resources cannot help but evolve. I can observer that simple lipid microspheres (similar to cell walls but simpler) for spontaneously in lost of different situation and immediately start to self replicate, requiring nothing more magical than the chemical forces the cause soap bubbles to form. Common sense tells me that such simple proto cells would take a VERY long time to stumble into the complexity of even a simple yeast---but the fossil record tells me that they DID take a long time--almost a billion years to get that far.

As to the rest of your questions, they are, sorry to say rather simple minded. You ask why conditions are so suitable for life and turn right around an say life should evolve to fit the conditions. yes. hello? Who is life on earh not better suited to the high pressure methane environment on the moons of Saturn? And if we find life on one of those moons, I suppose you will ask why conditions there are so well suited to that life?

The only difference between humans and other animals is a matter of degree. We are smart enough to use symbolic logic, but appar...

The only difference between humans and other animals is a matter of degree. We are smart enough to use symbolic logic, but apparently not smart enough to accept the evidence around us and let go of the mistakes of our forefathers. It remains to be sen whether "intelligence" will turn out to have long term adaptive value.
  • boomer nothing... 2010/11/01 04:35:16
    boomer
    no, my faith in creationism stems from just as much logical observation as your faith in randomness. your fossil records are full of holes.

No, I was making a point. If evolution is all that goes on, then why do we not find life everywehre in the universe? Why are the only people who believe in alien life the tin-foil-hat-wearers?

Haha! So humans, with everything we're capable of doing, are only different from other animals because of "symbolic logic"? I'll buy that load of trash when you show me another species on this planet that discusses quantum physics or is even inteligent enough to figure out how pave a road.

The fact of the matter is that neither one of us, nor anybody else on this planet, has enough information to answer these questions. There are scientists who take the natural point of view, and there are just as many who take the creationist point of view. People against creationism are usually those who think religion is the root of all evil, and a lot of people against evolution see it as a way of removing God from society so that the only higher power is the government; and the government is the embodiment of evil, because everything they do, they do through force.

So here we have two groups of people who can't figure out that it's not either idea that i...

So here we have two groups of people who can't figure out that it's not either idea that is evil, but it's our own moral system.

If you want to discuss pure logic; I think life was created a long time ago and evolves as it goes. The evidence comes in the specific conditions required for life to exist, and the fact that Human Beings are a zillion times superior to any species on this planet. We can't fly, so we build planes. We are physically weak compared to many animals in the jungle, but we dominate them because they have mostly pure instinct while we have reason and ability to outsmart them or develop weapons rendering their bodies useless. We cannot breathe underwater so we build submarines and underwater aquariums. We want to go to space, so we build a rocket. If you really believe that human beings are the same as all other animals aside from "minor differences in logic", then I pity you for not acknowledging what your own species is capable of.

If evolution is the way life got here, then we should find life in all conditions. Life would just adapt to survive anywhere in the galaxy... Why is it not on the moon? Why haven't we found it on Mars? Mercury? etc. If life were found somewhere else in the solar system, we would have to see how it is sustained in other conditions, but it would surely be evidence of evolution rather than creation. Still, I never said I don't believe evolution occurs, just that I don't think life evolved out of nothingness.

I personally believe the creator is God, but my argument with you doesn't say that it has to be. I believe it because our morality and immorality rewards and punishes accordingly in so many ways, people don't even realize it. That is also why I believe in a just God. I also believe that what we know in our souls and in our hearts is often in conflict with logic. i.e. people make decisions often on whims and deep feelings about how the world isn't right. In other words, I think there is a part of us that knows our world is imperfect, and knows that that is not the way it was meant to be. Hence, all throughout history man has attempted to build a utopia, while ignoring the immorality of his means, thereby creating hell on earth. None of this is meant to be used as an argument for creationism, but you seem to think that anyone who believes in a God is just loony or is in some kind of cycle of "wishful thinking."

I will only argue here in saying that your belief that you know how everything has evolved throughout the ages and that you've done all the homework about how evolution has supposedly happened and therefore there is no room for any other idea, is very much "wishful thinking." Especially if you haven't kept yourself intellectually honest by at least reading 1 work written by the "loony people."
  • nothing... boomer 2010/11/01 05:05:07
    nothingUnreal
    Incredulity is not a logical argument. Evolution is a fact. Evolutionary theory is the most successful scientific theory imaginable. There are no "holes". There is no "controversy". Only radical evangelical Christians attempting to subvert the educational system in order to protect delusional faith in the literal truth of a few bible verses that no sane person could take seriously.
  • boomer nothing... 2010/11/21 16:35:57
    boomer
    evolutionary theory does not even attempt to explain the origins of life.
  • RoryCanadia 2010/05/29 18:03:52
    Evolution
    RoryCanadia
    +1
    Creationism isn't a theory, or science. It's an argument against something that freaks people out. I real scientific theory is based on evidence, not based on disliking what real evidence has shown you.
  • socokid 2010/05/28 18:02:04
    Evolution
    socokid
    Of course.
  • EdwardsSecretPart4 =) 2010/05/28 00:32:52
    Creation
    EdwardsSecretPart4 =)
    +1
    Def creation.
  • mwm958 2010/05/27 20:26:35
    Evolution
    mwm958
    +1
    God and Evolution yayyyyy
  • Chris D 2010/05/27 16:43:37
    Evolution
    Chris D
    +2
    Adam and Eve in a garden 2,500 years ago -Pleeeeeeeaaaassssse spare me this ignorance - I have tee shirts that are older than that.
  • DC 2010/05/27 08:31:39
    Creation
    DC
    +5
    100% literal 6-day Creation. Evolution is the hocus-pocus of modern so-called science. About 11 years ago, while studying evolution it all came together. Not only did studying evolution and DNA turn me from it forever, it swung me towards literal creationism. It convinced me there is a GOD. Even if I one day I stop believing in GOD, I could NEVER believe in evolution again. It is insulting that it is even considered science. When I realized how they come up with this stuff I was stunned. Its all a lie. convinced god believing god evolution insulting science realized stunned lie I'll stick with the Creator.
  • Tafelappen DC 2010/05/27 19:07:38
    Tafelappen
    If it works for you, then thats great. But I'd just like to know what turned you away forever
  • DC Tafelappen 2010/05/28 05:40:28 (edited)
    DC
    +2
    Why? If you believe we came from a single cell, and all your studying of evolution hasn't turned you against it-then why ask me what turned me away? Obviously at this point in your life NOTHING will convince you otherwise about the subject. All I'll say is I was reading several books on evolution and DNA as well as following several science magazines (which I still do to keep up on what they are saying-for example the WINTER 2010 edition of Discover Magazine about the big bang-which they themselves no longer believe in). I was reading NO creation periodicals at the time. Pay close attention to what you read and how they come up with it. Maybe a light will go on in your thinking someday. Oh, and yes. I do read Richard Dawkins. A decade ago I could have read his books and believed him. When I read his opening chapter of his latest book, I laughed so hard my side hurt. Who can take the poor fellow serious anymore. Thats just my take on the subject. later read opening chapter latest book laughed hurt poor fellow subject
  • nothing... DC 2010/10/21 03:58:55
  • DC nothing... 2010/10/22 23:23:50
    DC
    Yes-Dawkins is full of that
  • -sasman- 2010/05/27 04:43:02
    Evolution
    -sasman-
    It's sort of both. But evolution is happening very provably - every day.

• Shadow13 2010/05/27 03:39:07
    Evolution
    Shadow13
    +6

• Child o... Shadow13 2010/05/27 23:47:04
    Child of light
    +1
    If evolution has any evidence to support it, it was proven wrong many times many years ago.

You don't feel or hear God? Is that why you don't believe?

Do you hear or feel the people that made the house or building you life in?
    Do you hear or feel the people that made the computer that you use?

No, you don't feel or hear the people that did any of the above. Does that give you reason to doubt that they made it? No, it shouldn't.

2014/11/21 09:57:57