Do you believe euthanasia is right?

freddie morley-kirk 2012/06/18 16:57:27
Yes ( please explain why )
No ( please explain why )
I don't want to get involved in this but only vote ( yes )
I don't want to get involved with this but only vote ( no )
I just clicked on random pictures which soda head came up with they are not meant to be bias in any way. Please tell lots of people about this, Thank you!

• 1wickedwitch 2012/06/18 17:12:56
    Yes ( please explain why )
    1wickedwitch
    +3
    If we care enough about our animals to put them out of their suffering..people deserve the same kindness..

• freddie morley-kirk 2012/07/04 07:13:00
    Yes ( please explain why )
    freddie morley-kirk
    i say it is right because it is suicide just assisted they want to do it let them do it.
  • bricklyn 2012/06/19 19:42:17
    Yes ( please explain why )
    bricklyn
    +2
    Every individual has the right to autonomy over their own body and life. No other person should have the right to take those decision away from them under any circumstances.

Death is a part of living and it is time that all people understood that concept.
  • prayer warrior 2012/06/19 00:23:42
    No ( please explain why )
    prayer warrior
    I think that it is wrong because if you can't restore life why take it ? I also would not stop someone who does it but I would try to talk them out of it.
  • unaff 2012/06/18 20:14:01
    Yes ( please explain why )
    unaff
    +1
    Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This should apply to the choice to end your own life.
  • Doreen 2012/06/18 18:11:47
    Yes ( please explain why )
    Doreen
    I am disabled and am in constant pain ( NO pain meds help ). It might be a low constant pain but it gets worse and worse all of the time. I am eventually going to not be able to walk anymore or get into the tub anymore or do a few other things anymore. I will eventually cost the tax payers money to receive any help or if I do not get that I will end up lying in a bed somewhere for the rest of my life. So some of you wonderful people think that you are doing me a favor by not letting me save myself from the pain and save you the money. The thing that I have noticed is the same people who will not let me die are the ones who will call me a leach on the system. I am not depressed and I do not want to die but I do not want to live in pain and be put in a horrible nursing home to be abused. I do NOT want to cost the taxpayers money for a bag of breathing water that will be of no use to society but some think that feeling useless is better than letting them die peacefully. It should be my choice to leave at that point in my life. For those who deny me really wish that I could give you my disability and pain.
  • Doreen Doreen 2012/06/18 18:15:38
    Doreen
    How about this for all of you "oh people shouldn't have to make the decision to euthanize someone". make the tools for euthanasia available to the ones who want to die and either they can do it or someone who they know who has no problem with it at all.
  • bricklyn Doreen 2012/06/19 19:45:23
    bricklyn
    Makes perfect sense, unless the person who wants to die is not capable of doing it themselves. Like ALS victims who are trapped in their bodies and unable to move.
  • bricklyn Doreen 2012/06/19 19:43:46
    bricklyn
    +1
    I agree 100%. I too have been in constant pain for more than 30 years. Medication is not the answer and does not help at all. I want the ability to make my own decisions when I chose. No one have the right to decide for me.
  • Doreen bricklyn 2012/06/19 19:50:18
    Doreen
    Yeah, 24 years for my pain. The people who say no have no clue to this constant pain and feeling of being useless because they can not work ( or work enough to make a difference ). For those who say no I really would like to give them my pain, your pain, and everyone elses pain like ours and then see how they think about it.
  • Marlow ~ Let There Be Light 2012/06/18 17:33:40
    No ( please explain why )
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
    No. Most people who give into euthansia are depressed. That can be helped. If a person still wants to end their life, then they'll have to do it. And no one should make a decision to end the life of any other person. Every person has the right to live their natural life span.
  • bricklyn Marlow ... 2012/06/19 19:46:05
  • Marlow ... bricklyn 2012/06/20 11:54:52
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    You can believe whatever you want, but most people who want to end their lives have some sort of mental illness, especially depression.
    No ( please explain why )
    +2
    No, it is murder
  • bricklyn Jackie ... 2012/06/19 19:46:24
    bricklyn
    You do not murder yourself.
  • Jackie ... bricklyn 2012/06/19 20:08:07
    What the hell do you think suicide is??
  • Jackie ... bricklyn 2012/06/19 20:16:24
    What the hell to you think suicide is?? Euthanasia is when one person assists in the death of another. And sometimes it is more than one person doing the assisting. That is murder.
  • bricklyn Jackie ... 2012/06/20 00:56:54
    bricklyn
    Dr Kevorkian was involved in assisted suicide that was labelled euthanasia. That is the same label it is given in many countries all over the planet. The people he helps ASKED for his services. If he was still alive I would to.

THAT IS NOT MURDER.
  • Jackie ... bricklyn 2012/06/20 01:44:39
    And went to prison for it as he should have. It was murder
  • bricklyn Jackie ... 2012/06/20 02:30:56
    bricklyn
    He was acquitted 21 times and only went to prison once because he represented himself.

When you are asked to help that is what you do an a compassionate human being. We do that to our beloved pets. Humans deserve the same love and respect.
  • Jackie ... bricklyn 2012/06/20 02:42:14
    I understand that you believe this - I do not and would not kill my beloved husband or son. Just the way it is for me.
  • bricklyn Jackie ... 2012/06/20 05:35:17
    bricklyn
    +1
    I love mine enough to do that for them IF they asked me to.
  • Zuggi 2012/06/18 17:16:36
    Zuggi
    +1
    In limited circumstances:

1) Under a living will for a non-responsive person.
    2) According to the will of a terminally ill person who is in excruciating pain, with the consent of two independent doctors who believe that it's impossible for him to recover.
  • Doreen Zuggi 2012/06/18 20:45:08
    Doreen
    +1
    What if you are not terminally ill but terminally in pain and NO pain meds will help and you are unable to do anything useful or for yourself.
  • Zuggi Doreen 2012/06/18 21:29:21
    Zuggi
    I would say that's terrible, but I think the terminal illness bit is crucial. A doctor swears to save lives; it's ok to bend that a little for the dying, but not for those who aren't dying.
  • Doreen Zuggi 2012/06/18 23:45:37
    Doreen
    +1
    So you are just fine with condemning me to a life of pain and sucking away your hard worked for money while I lie there useless?
  • Zuggi Doreen 2012/06/19 00:42:47
    Zuggi
    Yes. I mean, I feel bad about it, but there needs to be a line. Terminal illness is a reasonable line.
  • Doreen Zuggi 2012/06/19 02:21:44
    Doreen
    Will you please come and take my disability and pain and while you are at it please pay for a very top notch care facility that has people who make sure I do not get abused. I can not afford this so I assume you will do it for me. Will you visit me and comfort me while I lay their in excruciating pain? It helps very little but will you pay for the best pain meds for me? In fact why don't I just come and live with you and you can completely take care of me ( at your expense of course ).
  • bricklyn Zuggi 2012/06/19 19:48:40
    bricklyn
    Are you willing to pay for the medical and personal care of all those people who have to live their lives in that kind of a situation?
  • Zuggi bricklyn 2012/06/20 04:13:00
    Zuggi
    As a society, yes.
  • bricklyn Zuggi 2012/06/20 05:35:52
    bricklyn
    No, society should not have to, YOU should if you are saying they do not have the right.
  • Zuggi bricklyn 2012/06/20 06:07:34
    Zuggi
    Society makes the laws. Society pays the costs.
  • bricklyn Zuggi 2012/06/19 19:47:44
    bricklyn
    Why is terminal illness a criteria when excruciating pain for years not?

Why should a doctor make a decision when a person is perfectly same to make their own life decisions?
  • Zuggi bricklyn 2012/06/20 04:13:51
    Zuggi
    Because doctors shouldn't be in the business of killing people, except in the most extreme circumstances.
  • bricklyn Zuggi 2012/06/20 05:39:08
    bricklyn
    Doctors are NOT in the business of killing anyone and never have been.

But doctors are in the business of HELPING people. Not allowing them to suffer endlessly for years. They do not have to kill anyone, simply make available what is necessary for an individual to make their own decision.
  • Zuggi bricklyn 2012/06/20 06:09:31
    Zuggi
    A patient is suffering from deep depression. According to your beliefs, should a doctor euthanize them if the patient asks?
  • 1wickedwitch 2012/06/18 17:12:56
    Yes ( please explain why )
    1wickedwitch
    +3
  • Flamingolady 2012/06/18 17:02:52
    No ( please explain why )
    Flamingolady
    +1
    Euthanasia is illegal, and for good reasons. We should not decide when another person dies, nor how they die. This is something I believe a person would feel the guilt for doing for the rest of their lives. Euthanasia is when one person assists in the death of another. And sometimes it is more than one person doing the assisting.
  • bricklyn Flaming... 2012/06/19 19:49:22
    bricklyn
    It is a decision a person makes for 'themself' not a decision others make for you.
  • Flaming... bricklyn 2012/07/03 22:49:24
    Flamingolady
    If that is the case, then it is called suicide.
  • bricklyn Flaming... 2012/07/04 04:43:01 (edited)
    bricklyn
    Not is they need help to do it. That is why it is called euthanasia. There was just a court ruling in Canada on that very issue about 2 weeks ago and that is exactly what it was concerning.

2014/11/27 11:56:32