Do you accept the Theory of Evolution?

No One 2012/12/12 20:10:50
Related Topics: Evolution
I accept the Theory of Evolution as it has mountains of evidence to back it up.

• Scalded Eagle 2012/12/13 02:11:52
    Scalded Eagle
    +22
    I accept that animals evolve to control a nitch, but humans are a prodoct of God. Live with it bitches.  Humans of god

• Fanghur 2013/01/27 14:25:54
    Fanghur
    +1
    Microevolution refers to change within a species, such as the different breeds of dog, or minor variations within a population of the same species. Macroevolution refers to speciation and evolutionary changes at or above the species level. Both of these have been observed numerous times. Do a google search for 'talkorigins, macroevolution'. Even most of the creationist websites accept this, although they deliberately misdefine their terms and make up their own terms such as 'kind' that have no scientific meaning so that they don't have to admit it.
  • lolitalovely 2012/12/29 03:11:02
    lolitalovely
    +1
    Why does green get special treatment? It's the only one with multiple tones. Blue is a pretty cool color.

While I don't appreciate that the only answer is I accept, I do accept the theory of evolution. Most biologists accept Evolution as truth because the fossil evidence, gene similarities such as the Hox6 gene, and homologous structures such as arm bones in vertebrates support it well. I must say, though, that evolution is not a theory of creation. It is an answer for change. It is how a new species is made. It says nothing about how the first organism came to be. That would be abiogenesis.
  • No One lolital... 2012/12/29 04:50:47
    No One
    The only reason green has multiple tones is because I couldn't find a mono colored green rectangle life I could for the other colors. Had I been able to find a mono colored green rectangle I would have had that as the green.
  • lolital... No One 2012/12/29 05:24:32
    lolitalovely
    +1
    It's cool. I figured that because you were called greencone, you were highlighting the color. Wrong hypothesis there.
  • Lucy Krueger 2012/12/28 07:06:16
    Lucy Krueger
    +1
    Evolution is a fact.It's not just a theory, it's not a man made lie.It's as true as gravity.Deal with it.
  • Dale 2012/12/28 06:26:05
    Dale
    Since I had to vote in order to comment I will speak my mind. Evolution is false! It is a misguided idea of man. There are too many holes in the theory, and there is as much evidence disproving it as there is suppose to be proving it. Humans were CREATED from the dust of the earth in the image of the living God. We didn't come monkeys or a common ancestor of monkeys. We came from The Lord Jesus. I DO NOT accept the LIE of evolution under any means as it is against the Holy Bible, the true word of God!
  • Lucy Kr... Dale 2012/12/28 07:04:16
    Lucy Krueger
    +2
    You reject Evolution for not having enough evidence, but you accept the Bible's creation story, which makes no sense whatsoever and has no evidence to back it up?
  • Nerd Dale 2013/01/21 00:06:47
    Nerd
    +1
    evolution
    Would you like to see the fossil record?
  • justmyo... Dale 2013/01/22 18:43:11
    justmyopinion
    +1
    Give me a hole. Show me the evidence that disproves it. I've studied it for a long time and I've never found any.
  • Fanghur Dale 2013/02/13 01:50:59
    Fanghur
    +1
    It really is sad that even in the year 2013 there are still people like you who believe such nonsense as talking snakes and magic apples.
  • Dale Fanghur 2013/02/13 02:31:15
    Dale
    What's sad is the fact that people like you find the need to attack people's faith just because they don't buy into some stupid theory that was just debunked by its own creator. That is sad. Go ahead and hate me because I think evolution is stupid. I don't care. I know that my God loves me and I am not so sad and miserable that I need to attack people when they don't accept what I believe
  • Fanghur Dale 2013/02/13 02:35:24
    Fanghur
    +1
    And you have just proven yourself to be a troll as well, because you are now using arguments that even the creationist websites tell people not to use, since even they accept that micro and macroevolution occurred. Nice work genius.
  • No One Dale 2013/02/13 02:38:32
    No One
    +1
    Evolution isn't just a belief. It's a fact supported by mountains of evidence including DNA evidence as in humans and chimps sharing 98-99% of our genes with chimps, fossil evidence such as transitional fossils, anatomical similarities between organisms and observations of evolution occuring within a human life time.
  • User Deactivated 2012/12/16 08:46:04
    User Deactivated
    +1
    I chose black, because there are many holes in the Theory of evolution.

There is absolutely no evidence that life spontaneously created itself. There IS evidence of adaptation.
  • Dickens 2012/12/15 05:04:44
    Dickens
    +2
    ...as I remember, even the pope recognizes and accepts evolution..
  • urwutuis 2012/12/15 04:12:09
    urwutuis
    +1
    Evolution is the best explanation we have but it does have anomalies that raise questions many of which are, and have been, suppressed
  • kitty 2012/12/15 03:57:10
    kitty
    i mean it is sensical
  • M.C 2012/12/15 03:16:35
    M.C
    +3
    it is undeniable when you look at the evidence.
  • LissFirefly 2012/12/15 03:10:49 (edited)
    LissFirefly
    I think your poll is a little jerk-like. Evolution is still a Theory, of course, realize that. However, no one knows how or why the Big Bang happens. I think God snapped his fingers, and that's why it happened. It's as plausible a theory as any scientist has come up with, at any rate, but yes, Evolution, I accept that. I also think God is behind Evolution, accept that!!
  • taylord... LissFir... 2012/12/15 05:21:44
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    http://science.howstuffworks....

"Occasionally, scientific ideas (such as biological evolution) are written off with the putdown "it's just a theory." This slur is misleading and conflates two separate meanings of the word theory: in common usage, the word theory means just a hunch, but in science, a theory is a powerful explanation for a broad set of observations. To be accepted by the scientific community, a theory (in the scientific sense of the word) must be strongly supported by many different lines of evidence. So biological evolution is a theory (it is a well-supported, widely accepted, and powerful explanation for the diversity of life on Earth), but it is not "just" a theory.

Words with both technical and everyday meanings often cause confusion. Even scientists sometimes use the word theory when they really mean hypothesis or even just a hunch. Many technical fields have similar vocabulary problems — for example, both the terms work in physics and ego in psychology have specific meanings in their technical fields that differ from their common uses. However, context and a little background knowledge are usually sufficient to figure out which meaning is intended."

http://undsci.berkeley.edu/ar...
  • David 2012/12/15 00:29:39
    David
    +1
    I hate how Christians think their "god" owns everything. They have this bigoted arrogance that they own this world because their "God" is somehow their father, because Christians are related to an uneducated, homeless, Jewish lunatic "spiritually". They have no consideration for other religions, other beliefs, and want this country to be a Theocracy. The entire idea of religion is so retarded and needs to be abolished.
  • LissFir... David 2012/12/15 03:11:47 (edited)
    LissFirefly
    I hate how people always assume all Christians are one in the same and worship all alike and think all alike. Generalists are about as useful as a used condom poked with holes.You're one of those Atheists that likes to rub his non-belief in everyone's faces. Please be kind and suck it.
  • Kidasha 2012/12/14 23:49:37
    Kidasha
    +2
    But I don't excatly like posts that have only one viewpoint. leave some leaway
  • Jim 2012/12/14 23:41:07
    Jim
    +1
    A cowardly poll that fears exposing his/her idol to a credible challenge.

Here's my favorite Theory by way of anecdote. If you go to a very old and established auto junkyard, you can see what appears to be evolution!

As you go through the various makes, models, and years, the Evolutionist would declare that evolution was taking place and the cars changed on their own. The Creationist crackpot would declare that every car in that junkyard is still being produced, unaltered, even today.

The truth is that all of those cars were designed and improved over the years. You have elements of both creation and evolution. The same applies to living things. God makes model changes over a much longer time span but, you still have both forces at work.
  • justmyo... Jim 2013/01/22 18:47:56
    justmyopinion
    An evolutionist would not believe that because cars have no way of reproducing themselves. But, living things do. They also have a way of coding information and copying it, which is sometimes prone to error. It is kind of a weird poll but there is no real credible challenge that I've ever heard of.
  • Jim justmyo... 2013/01/23 01:06:07
    Jim
    That's why my Theory was presented as an anecdote. There IS reproduction going on with my car analogy. The reproductive process is done through complex engineering, styling, marketing, and budget constraints. That's how an inanimate mass production object reproduces. In the case of cars, the auto junkyard is industry's fossil site and thus, is my approach to the Evolution vs Creation theory.
  • justmyo... Jim 2013/01/23 02:35:11
    justmyopinion
    okay as I re-read your initial opinion I can see what you mean. I originally thought it was a hard line against evolution and I apologize.
  • Zepland 2012/12/14 22:29:07
    Zepland
    +1
    I know evolution is nothing more than a theory.
    However God my Creator designed the Heavens and Earth I don't worry about.
    Anything that has been, is, or will be, is all part of God's creation.
  • No One Zepland 2012/12/14 22:39:22
    No One
    +3
    A theory in science is the highest something can get. It is not a guess but a description that binds many things together and explains a great variety of things.
  • Zepland No One 2012/12/14 22:46:30
    Zepland
    +1
    Theory is not fact.
  • taylord... Zepland 2012/12/14 22:56:32 (edited)
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +2
    Evolution is fact -- organisms change over time.

edit: The only theory part of evolution is the mechanism.
  • Zepland taylord... 2012/12/14 23:09:29
    Zepland
    When an organism changes it is part of God's design
  • taylord... Zepland 2012/12/15 01:47:24
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    ...so you admit species change over time?
  • Zepland taylord... 2012/12/15 02:06:49
    Zepland
    I don't know it to be a fact. But if living things do evolve it's just the Creators design set in motion.
    I think one day we'll know God put everything into motion with active principles.
  • taylord... Zepland 2012/12/15 02:15:49
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +2
    Well, it is a fact.
  • LissFir... taylord... 2012/12/15 03:13:44
    LissFirefly
    Actually the fact is, it is a THEORY, that's why it is the "THEORY of Evolution" not the "Fact of Evolution" I think your level of reading comprehension is a little low here.
  • reaper LissFir... 2012/12/15 03:36:00
  • taylord... LissFir... 2012/12/15 05:06:01
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    Evolution is a fact. The "theory" part of evolution is the mechanism to how or why it occurs: which is Natural Selection.
  • reaper Zepland 2012/12/15 03:25:31
    reaper
    +4
    so i guess tapeworm, botflies and... Plasmodium malariae are all part of gods design?
  • Zepland reaper 2012/12/15 03:39:11
    Zepland
    Absolutely! I don't know the reasons why. But I will not argue my faith or quibble about the existence of God. I'm burned out on that.

2014/11/01 06:17:51