Do women get an unfair advantage during a divorce proceeding?

FreeVick 2007/09/17 05:45:39

• balroggie 2007/09/26 15:01:18
    balroggie
    Despite the notion of "equal treatment" there is still a deeply ingrained natural inclination for men to attempt to protect women. This is easily explainable with even a cursory look at how the animal kingdom operates and the most basic principles of natural selection. This is fine right up until you involve the government and its one size fits all approach. In nature, sloth isn't rewarded and males leave if their mate turns out to be no longer desirable for whatever reason. But in "civilized society" you have rabid feminist groups busily ensconcing a ridiculous presupposition in law that all women are innocent victims and all men evil. So yes you get ridiculous situations where men are forced under direct threat of physical violence (arrest and prison) to pay for children not their own and this is just dandy with feminism inc. *ANY* unagreed to forcible transfer of wealth from one person to another with prison threats if they don't comply makes the first person a slave to the second. Expost facto pronouncements from a judge stating that a man owes a woman support for the rest of her life even though the woman choose to leave (or used a false claim of domestic violence to to forcibly drive the guy away) is slavery and injustice. The world works this way only because of...
    Despite the notion of "equal treatment" there is still a deeply ingrained natural inclination for men to attempt to protect women. This is easily explainable with even a cursory look at how the animal kingdom operates and the most basic principles of natural selection. This is fine right up until you involve the government and its one size fits all approach. In nature, sloth isn't rewarded and males leave if their mate turns out to be no longer desirable for whatever reason. But in "civilized society" you have rabid feminist groups busily ensconcing a ridiculous presupposition in law that all women are innocent victims and all men evil. So yes you get ridiculous situations where men are forced under direct threat of physical violence (arrest and prison) to pay for children not their own and this is just dandy with feminism inc. *ANY* unagreed to forcible transfer of wealth from one person to another with prison threats if they don't comply makes the first person a slave to the second. Expost facto pronouncements from a judge stating that a man owes a woman support for the rest of her life even though the woman choose to leave (or used a false claim of domestic violence to to forcibly drive the guy away) is slavery and injustice. The world works this way only because of artificially created politically biased constructs and if the men and weapons are ever busy doing something else it will collapse. Societies that constantly compel injustice do not last long. They do not retain the support of the governed, only the compliance thereof, and if/when the societies ability to force compliance wanes everything stops.
  • Falcon123 2007/09/20 01:49:02
    Falcon123
    women definately get more than men. I personally think many women use the law and system to their advantage. Women shed a fake tear to the judge and cry about what their husband didnt do. I think most women think that they can get away with adultry and the law lets them do this by giving them every oppurtunity including welfare. I think of it like this, 4 kids different dads, 20% of each of the dads pay, women have just won the lottery. Plus the welfare will give them free food stamps and a place to live with free health insurance and give them a choice of a job or going to school in which the welfare system will help them go to school. I'd say most men get crapped on while the whole system is only for the women. What ever happened to the father having a heart for his children, how come the court cant award more men their kids. I had to learn not to come home and see my sons face everyday. My broken heart i cried many many years. I have paid and never missed a house payment ( child support ) to my x wife who uses it for herself. I pick up my son to only find my son going without. I can only see him every other weekend only to find him with going without a haircut, personal stuff he needs. My x wife is now on governement assistance, food stamps , ect... and no job but able to g...
    women definately get more than men. I personally think many women use the law and system to their advantage. Women shed a fake tear to the judge and cry about what their husband didnt do. I think most women think that they can get away with adultry and the law lets them do this by giving them every oppurtunity including welfare. I think of it like this, 4 kids different dads, 20% of each of the dads pay, women have just won the lottery. Plus the welfare will give them free food stamps and a place to live with free health insurance and give them a choice of a job or going to school in which the welfare system will help them go to school. I'd say most men get crapped on while the whole system is only for the women. What ever happened to the father having a heart for his children, how come the court cant award more men their kids. I had to learn not to come home and see my sons face everyday. My broken heart i cried many many years. I have paid and never missed a house payment ( child support ) to my x wife who uses it for herself. I pick up my son to only find my son going without. I can only see him every other weekend only to find him with going without a haircut, personal stuff he needs. My x wife is now on governement assistance, food stamps , ect... and no job but able to go to school. Why would the law give my son to his mom who was cheating on me while i was working to pay the bills. I not only pay for child support but i also buy all his clothes, cause i hate to see him in the way his mother has him. My son is my life but i do believe that women use the system for their own personal glory and men dont have a chance. The laws are very unfair. To prove my theory , just look at the whole entire welfare system. HOw many women are single with children from different dads making more kids collecting from both state and federal funds while collecting child support for each of their kids, and keep getting pregnaunt. Seems to me that women found a way to not work and to win the lottery. This is abuse of our system and unfair to many fathers who can not even afford to live in a a home or afford to make a decent living. And thanks to our welfare system getting larger with more kids in the making from another father while in the making, they drive new cars that make my car look old. I just want to say, thanks to this system i know their wont be a penny left when i reach 65 to recieve social security. People need more responsiblity for having kids , and not a reason to make more from different people. At this rate, i feel more people are affraid to comment to marriage or having a child for this very reason of our women being very irresponable. TAke a census of how many women are in welfare and kids from different dads to how many men have to pay out child support. I can almost bet its 1 women to 3 men. Meaning 3 men have to go without while their x women has 20% or more coming to her and non of the money going to the kids. Its a very ugly law that needs to be addressed.
  • ThatGirl 2007/09/17 23:10:17
    ThatGirl
    Never been thru a divorce, so I don't know.
  • Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas 2007/09/17 22:11:53
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    Yep... unless the guy got dirt.....
  • Magzilla 2007/09/17 22:06:31
    Magzilla
    I know they do here in Utah.
  • lonewolf 2007/09/17 20:04:38
    lonewolf
    it depend's on your lawer.when i got mine i had a real smart one my ex got nothing.
  • . 2007/09/17 05:50:34
    .
    +1
    i think women have more emotions during a divorce, and end up trying not to be hurtful and taking what she deserves
  • reminder 2007/09/17 05:49:52 (edited)
    reminder
    I think they did in the past, but I think it is changing some. Today I think it is leaning more toward who filed first. They just seem to have an edge. But I haven't been through it myself so am basing my opinion on what others have said to me.

I also think it goes sometimes to the one that has been the most pushy.

2014/09/16 19:35:09