Do Women Blame Men For Their Faults Way Too Often?

socallocal 2009/02/25 20:11:02
Yes, women excessively blame men for their problems
No, women don't tend to blame men for their issues
I think women blame...
Self image is highly important to the female sex and sometimes they blame the men they are involved with for becoming less than perfect. When women gain weight or have skin issues they tend to hold their partner responsible for it. Do women hold men responsible for their own faults more often then they should?

• Mo 2010/04/05 04:06:21 (edited)
    Mo
    +3
    Yes and MEN hate it!!! Why do a lot of women like to BLAME but at the same time the women that like to blame even though it's their own screw up they don't think they did anything wrong or take ownership into their own actions rather blame blame blame. IT'S SO CHILDISH GROW UP TAKE OWNERSHIP INTO YOUR OWN FAULT AND ADMIT WHEN YOU SCREWED UP THAT YOU SCREWED UP. YOUR NOT IN ELEMENTARY OR HIGHSCHOOL YOUR AN ADULT. Blaming is so childish!!! Men cringe when women blame. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just admit that you screwed up, admit your own fault rather than BLAME? It's like lying it will catch up with you and it's a hell of a lot easier telling the truth even though it may sting. The same goes with blaming it's a lot easier admitting your screw up and yeah it may sting at first rather than blaming because people will call you out on your screw up, fault, embarass you "throw you under the bus" when you blame. Just own up!!!

• Madusa 2013/09/25 07:27:21
    Madusa
    More often than not women get blamed for everything. Especially everything that involves a man. If a woman and man sleep together and the woman gets pregnant its only her fault. Because he has no ability to prevent pregnancy? (what about condoms). It is her responsibility to make him use condoms. Men often wait for a woman to bring that up and hope she wont. if a man cheats its because the one he supposedly loves isn't putting out enough and the one he cheats with manipulated and seduced him and he is powerless to say no. If a man beats his wife its because she is a bad wife and made him angry. if a man rapes a woman its because he was forced to by the way she acted or dressed. She was drunk and not a virgin yada yada yada. The small things women do blame men on are insignificant on what women are blamed on. if a child ends up in jail its only moms fault. Never dads. If a child abuses his spouse then it is moms fault as well as the wifes fault. Want proof, look at any article that asks (why do men cheat) any news feed that talks about a woman being raped and any comment that is given when a woman gets pregnant. Men hold 0 responsibiltiy for his own actions yet gets upset for being blamed on anything that could go wrong with a relationship. When men no longer blame women for the said things above we will fix the few women who blame men on her own actions.
  • what????? 2013/01/09 07:18:46
    what?????
    I think that too many times women blame men for problems, especially in a relationship. i believe that relationships are a 50-50 thing in any circumstance, but i rarely hear men blaming their wife because there's "not enough communication", when in fact, maybe we should. you see i think that its a mistake to believe that men do not communicate. we do communicate. we just do so like men. it isnt hard to know what a woman is trying to say, im sure the man has heard it a thousand times. the question, ladies, is what is your man trying to say? maybe he doesnt talk because hes tired of being ignored, or maybe hes tired of being dismissed. maybe hes tired of being told hes just like all other men. maybe hes tired of listening to you say the same thing over and over. maybe when you tell him he isnt listening to your needs its because he already told you he disagrees and you didnt hear him when he said it 6 months ago. maybe with all of your female ability to communicate, you should just shut up for a %^&$#@ ing second and do some listening yourself. sometimes silence has just as much information in it as words. The best way to start a conversation is to ask a question, and then listen to the answer and try to put the answer you receive in the perspective of your man. Though it may be ...
    I think that too many times women blame men for problems, especially in a relationship. i believe that relationships are a 50-50 thing in any circumstance, but i rarely hear men blaming their wife because there's "not enough communication", when in fact, maybe we should. you see i think that its a mistake to believe that men do not communicate. we do communicate. we just do so like men. it isnt hard to know what a woman is trying to say, im sure the man has heard it a thousand times. the question, ladies, is what is your man trying to say? maybe he doesnt talk because hes tired of being ignored, or maybe hes tired of being dismissed. maybe hes tired of being told hes just like all other men. maybe hes tired of listening to you say the same thing over and over. maybe when you tell him he isnt listening to your needs its because he already told you he disagrees and you didnt hear him when he said it 6 months ago. maybe with all of your female ability to communicate, you should just shut up for a %^&$#@ ing second and do some listening yourself. sometimes silence has just as much information in it as words. The best way to start a conversation is to ask a question, and then listen to the answer and try to put the answer you receive in the perspective of your man. Though it may be true that men have similar likes and dislikes... we as sentient beings are more than the sum of our hobbies and favorite nude mags lol. I think alot of men would agree, that we would probably respond more (not listen more) to the things you were saying and needing and wanting, if you would show us a little more respect for who we are as individuals, and show some interest in some of the things we like.
  • Jace Mindue 2012/08/22 20:14:11
    Jace Mindue
    in my honset opion women tend to blame men more often for the simple fact that they get prego they blame the man they want a divorce not going there way they call him an ass hole they want child support hes not paying and wants to see his child she becomes a bitch refuses to let him see the kid cops are called the cops take her side when the male has the papers from court signed that he can see his kids any time within acceptable hours now riddle me this how do you shut a bitch up you give her money simple as that women are greedy sluts and will not take responsibility
  • Shogun341 2012/03/08 17:03:21
    I think women blame...
    Shogun341
    like the previous post it depends on the woman. I've met mature women who can claim their own actions and I've met women who would have a nervous break down if they admit they screwed up. in this society we've been raised to think that everything is the men's fault which results in the lack of men teaching sons how to be real men which turns to lots of unprepared fathers and many of the guys you see today. yes men and women are different from each other but you can't teach a boy to become a woman or else you get the results you see today. the way to a good relationship is all about maturity and connecting with your partner. (also to make a point in the story of Adam and Eve when the snake was telling Eve to eat the fruit Adam was standing right next to her he knew they weren't pose to eat it but he just stood there like a idiot)
  • NuNyA 2011/07/29 19:17:42
    NuNyA
    I have come very far in my life and have dealt with many women, friends or lovers either way. Yes, it is true that women will consistantly find a way to blame a man for the downfall that has come about. They meet you, accept you (faults and all) and then try to change you. If you are who you are and cannot change to suit what THEY are looking for then they eventually blame the man for for their inability to either accept or deny him, and also for not being able to mold him into what they seek in a man.
    Yes... women DO blame men for everything
  • frankie 2011/06/02 13:31:40
    frankie
    I think it is polar. A woman would either blame everything on herself or a woman would blame everything on men. It depends on how she was raised. But as a society, I tend to see plenty of women going around blaming men because we are easy targets. By easy I mean men usually just brush off and just let her bitch for awhile. We have been taught not to argue with a woman because that's not manly...so women pick on us. And women by and large are taught that nothing's ever her fault! Ex: if she lied about rape, and it was proven she had lied...she still won't be punished! Ex: If she lied about his baby, and he paid for the child, and DNA cleared him. She still wouldn't have to go to jail. All these examples tell women that Women can't be wrong and when things don't go right, it must be the mens' fault!!! Anyone want to challenge me go ahead. I have a whole book of examples and proves...I am just lazy right now I am half asleep.
  • Mo 2010/04/05 04:06:21 (edited)
    Mo
    +3
  • rolfen 2009/07/07 05:26:26
    rolfen
    +1
    Some women have a problem they think that if a relationship fails its their fault. They think men owe them excuses for leaving them, otherwise they will think they did something wrong. In some way this is related to this behavior of blaming men for everything. It may sound paradoxal, but when they realize that its not their fault if some guy leaves them (because he usually has confidence issues or some other personal reasons), they may cut down on the blaming a bit. They should also realise that men have a similar problem in which they often feel responsible for the well being of their partner, and blaming them hurts them a lot too.
  • music_phoniex 2009/03/27 02:50:30
    I think women blame...
    music_phoniex
    i think it dependents on the person your talking about.
  • Mimi 2009/03/26 01:28:22
    Mimi
    heyy! i'm a girl!
  • Jace Mi... Mimi 2013/08/19 17:22:41
    Jace Mindue
    Just with that statement hey i'm a girl proved you don't take responsibility for you're own actions yet blame them on men instead....
  • ART 2009/03/24 18:08:40
    ART
    +2
    Women in immature countries like the US (I am American) have been taught that they can blame everything that goes wrong on a man, men, or anything other than themselves. Often women say, 'women get blamed for everything' and this shows their tremendous guilt about making mistakes. Men don't want any women (unless he is abusive) to admit that she is a horrible, evil person for making a mistake, men just want her to accept the responsibility for the situation. Yet, women somehow hear, 'you're a stupid bitch.' Instead of making women 'cowboy up' and just say, 'I messed up and I'll fix it', feminism has taught women that their oversensitivity to being blamed is somehow men's fault. As a white, single, straight male, I am fed up with being blamed for all past, present, and future evils in the world, and wish women would just grow the hell up. Are men in the US particularly mature? No, they're not, but has anyone stopped to understand that the educational system, which has been controlled by women since the 1970s, and which has been ignoring boys' needs and showing depraved indifference to their development, is in great part responsible for the lack of 'responsible men, who are willing to commit to a balanced marriage and raising children'? This again, goes back to feminism: boys must be minimized ...'''''''''
    Women in immature countries like the US (I am American) have been taught that they can blame everything that goes wrong on a man, men, or anything other than themselves. Often women say, 'women get blamed for everything' and this shows their tremendous guilt about making mistakes. Men don't want any women (unless he is abusive) to admit that she is a horrible, evil person for making a mistake, men just want her to accept the responsibility for the situation. Yet, women somehow hear, 'you're a stupid bitch.' Instead of making women 'cowboy up' and just say, 'I messed up and I'll fix it', feminism has taught women that their oversensitivity to being blamed is somehow men's fault. As a white, single, straight male, I am fed up with being blamed for all past, present, and future evils in the world, and wish women would just grow the hell up. Are men in the US particularly mature? No, they're not, but has anyone stopped to understand that the educational system, which has been controlled by women since the 1970s, and which has been ignoring boys' needs and showing depraved indifference to their development, is in great part responsible for the lack of 'responsible men, who are willing to commit to a balanced marriage and raising children'? This again, goes back to feminism: boys must be minimized so girls can win, but later on we also get to blame those now ill prepared men for everything wrong in society, take their children, and leave them destitute. Isn't this wonderful girls, we get to have a 'win, win' situation just like they taught in our Power and Gender classes at college.' Yeah, yippee--we all lose. US women will continue to take advantage of the situation as long as US men tolerate it and put themselves and their (and their son's) need second to women's. The most important person in anyone's life is him or her-self. Until we start putting our emotional, spiritual, educational, financial, and developmental needs ahead of those of others until such time as we are actually ready for marriage and children, we'll have this mess. It used to be men who primarily caused dysfunctional families, now it's women. Time to pay the piper ladies, and stop whining!.
  • ~V~ 2009/03/11 12:15:06
    ~V~
    some can go a litl overboard and its not even the guys fault. they jus want attention and sympathy. BUT alot of the time it is they guys fault cuz they dont understand all the crap we go thru and they never will.
  • steve ~V~ 2010/03/06 16:19:50
    steve
    +3
    Thats bullshit. You really say that. I have a wife and I can say this. I understand every damn thing she goes through. WHY? we go through it together. when she goes through something and I am not there, I still understand because I listen to her and imagine if it was me. But ya know that statement you made is true about all guys right?
  • ~V~ steve 2010/03/06 20:09:21
    ~V~
    Well maybe she is one of the lucky ones and may be u actually have a heart. i never said all guys and im not putting down all guys so that answer does not include you
  • frankie ~V~ 2011/06/02 13:36:01
    frankie
    You sure sounded like you were blaming all guys...if guys don't understand you don't go bitch about that either...or maybe you bitch so much that we stop listening. Did you ever think about that??
  • NuNyA steve 2011/07/29 19:40:26
    NuNyA
    +4
    Kudos! You have found the way to harmonial existence!
  • Shogun341 steve 2012/03/08 16:47:56
    Shogun341
    +1
    well it means you have a good relationship with your wife. the point to all of this is that the only way we can better our selves is if we take responsibility for your own actions. not everyone is lucky as you to have a good connection with you your partner. yes a lot of guys are immature but for some reason for a woman to be immature is unheard of. its a known fact that not taking responsibility for your actions is extremely childish, but that the difference between a girl and a woman, and a boy from a man. to be honest both sexes are just as immature
  • NuNyA ~V~ 2011/07/29 19:38:08
    NuNyA
    +2
    I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that men often times misunderstand women. A good account of that is in the book titled "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars". It's a way of showing that men and women are vastly different from each other and rarely try to understand each other. The main thing that both men and women should do is to take a step back and think before speaking or re-acting.
    But it still stands to reason(and it is pointed out in the bible) that women started the downfall of creation and have spent the rest of humanity's existence by trying to place the blame on men. Sorry, but that is inescapable fact.
  • what????? ~V~ 2013/01/09 06:45:01
    what?????
    +6
    I hear that same crap all of the time... Men dont understand anything a woman goes through... women are stronger because of what they go through... men are weak we are stupid and we are insensitive. funny thing is, when you first meet a girl and you show sensitivity she sees weakness, if you show intelligence she sees a know it all, (weakness) but if you show a partial indifference then you are strong until she decides you need to change lmao... the problem is that women dont understand men... though "we are all the same" they dont understand that we dont want to change and most of us like who we are. women dont understand us so they try to change us... then when they see that they were able to change us (through countless hours of nagging) then they see weakness and they dont want us anymore lmao... fact is they blame us because they just cant seem to take responsibility for their own actions.
  • Sai 2009/03/10 11:49:36
    I think women blame...
    Sai
    dont look at me
  • vanessa 2009/03/10 02:03:10
    vanessa
    i am particularly pointing at celebrities (i know i'm not supposed to point) ..... just recently joe jonas broke up with taylor swift and she made a big deal about and everyone got mad at joe because she made it public...IT HAPPENS TO EVERY1!!! it seriously makes me sick to my stomach...learn 2 ppl!!!
  • Rambling Ted 2009/03/09 12:06:03
    Rambling Ted
    Sometimes it's deserved but a lot of the time it isn't.
  • Vital 2009/03/09 02:27:39
    Vital
    +1
    I hate to make a broad generalisation, but... It's a trend I've noticed.
  • lilsischika 2009/03/07 02:33:44
    lilsischika
    I think there are places to put the blame but sometimes woman can go a little over board on blaming men.
  • Sodahead's Boring. 2009/03/07 02:32:15
    I think women blame...
    Sodahead's Boring.
    everything. -nods-

I would know. X]
  • Kaitsuri 2009/03/03 21:06:17
    Kaitsuri
    I know personally the only man/boy i have ever blamed a problem on was my brother, and that was only for giving me a headache. I know that most of my problems are my own, and most of the other women/girls I know are like that too.
  • Poison Ivy 2009/03/03 02:45:57
    I think women blame...
    Poison Ivy
    their x's for there problem. Then they assume that the next man they are with is going to do the same thing. So, they over react to it. I do however think celebritys blame to many people but not themselves for there problems.
  • kelia 2009/03/02 22:24:09
    I think women blame...
    kelia
    yes and no, depends on the women, but usually, yes
  • Emily 2009/03/02 22:21:52
    Emily
    +1
    I am a girl myself and i use to hate it that men always say that but then i realsided something. Every thing a woman complains about to a man anlmost always comes back to them. That there complants always end up as not the mans fault but the womans fault. Like me i do it all the time and i am trying to stop myself from doing so. [but somethimes it is the mans fault, they just dont like to admit it.]
  • frankie Emily 2011/01/31 16:40:20
    frankie
    Actually men always have to say "I am sorry" to their women. Where have you been? The man is at fault if his woman is not happy period. Men have been told that to be "men", they have to absorb the problems in the relationship. Look at how the society treats men. Whenever there's a dispute, the man is questioned. We automatically assume the woman is right or she's the victim.
  • danceprincess 2009/03/02 16:32:41
    I think women blame...
    danceprincess
    there is times where we share the blame
  • KaylieAnn 2009/03/02 16:04:27
    KaylieAnn
    +1
    I'm a woman and I do think that woman blame their partners a lot. Sometimes it is partly a partners fault but I think that most of the time a woman just doesn't know what to do and it feels comforting to blame someone else.
  • KaylieAnn KaylieAnn 2009/03/02 16:15:07
    KaylieAnn
    Although I think the blaming wife/girlfriend is stereotypical. I think men also blame women a lot.
    So I guess I should have made my answer "I think women blame..."
  • MuSiCxDuDe 2009/03/02 08:14:50
    I think women blame...
    MuSiCxDuDe
    I think women love to "vent" to the people she trusts the most. Usually that's her man or special someone.

Often, these moments of "venting" turn into blame-fests in which the woman lets you know what and how you did something wrong (even if they know it isn't your fault!)

My girl does it but she often apologizes and says "I'm having a bad day," usually followed with a "sorry," and a "thanks or listening :)"
  • frankie MuSiCxDuDe 2011/01/31 16:47:43
    frankie
    Are you kidding me? You must have an exceptional lady. I mean, I never ever heard a woman apologize that way...when the woman get mad and scream, she will later blame something else...but never herself for getting upset.
  • Bico 2009/03/01 09:22:43
    Bico
    Though to be fair, most men tend to find other things to blame rather than themselves. Genetics, the way their parents brought them up, that damned tree that popped up out of nowhere.... It's human nature to divert fault away from oneself, because that's the only way we know how to salvage our own egos. If we started taking responsibility for every little thing we did wrong... well... there'd be a lot more depressed people in the world, I suppose.
  • Luis 2009/03/01 08:00:38
    Luis
    If you have been married to a woman you know they blame everything on you. I was wrong you were right is a mantra. Im sorry it's all my fault. Women get over it it's your fault and You are wrong! Now if you don't want to be called fat don't ask stupid questions,like do these pants make my ass look big ? or That girl on TV is way fatter then me. Look if you need a mirror go get one and use it. Don't ask us or we will tell the truth it's what men do. No we don't eat a stake dinner at Karl's that's what morons do. But we sometimes will tell you the truth so you don't go out looking like a fool. Do you really want to wear those horizontal stripes when you are 60 pounds over weight? Do you really want go out with a pair of pants two sizes too small? Don't ask if you don't want the answer!
  • what????? Luis 2013/01/09 06:54:15
    what?????
    +4
    hahaha awesome
  • nuthutt22 2009/02/28 15:12:22
    I think women blame...
    nuthutt22
    +2
    i think women blame men for a lot of things haha so yeah i would agree with the poll but i have to admit that sometimes, in certain circumstances, women are right in blaming the men.

2014/10/21 23:35:02