Do think people are reluctant to answer the question if the Joe Paterno statue should be removed and why??

hazeyjane 2012/07/19 18:24:10
I know the question has been on here for a while now and only 3 people voted.
http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/what-do-you-think-penn-...
It can't be that unimportant or not interesting!!

• mikeeonly 2012/08/12 13:18:33
    yes
    mikeeonly
    yes they are reluctant out of respect for Paterno.
  • Frankie 2012/08/06 20:00:04
    yes
    Frankie
    It doesn't matter what he did as a coach when all the while he was molesting his players. That horror wipes out anything else he may have done.
  • gmiing 2012/07/24 15:01:11
    yes
    gmiing
    Probably. I don't think they should remove the statue myself.
  • aliceou812 2012/07/22 16:39:25
    yes
    aliceou812
    Once again a celebrity is not remembered for what they really were. Not that I condone what one individual did. Don't drag down then one who is not longer with us. RIP in Joe! (he is probably is rolling around in his grave right now!)
  • Idiot repubs 2012/07/20 11:55:59
    yes
    Idiot repubs
    Because Jerry Sandusky was no longer associated with the football team after 1999. He and his foundation (The Second Mile) wrote large checks to the trustees of the University to use the facilities. They didn't write checks to Paterno.

The DA who decided not to proscecute, is Tom Corbett, the now governor of Pennsylvania. Why did HE not proscecute Sandusky? Paternos notification of Sandusky's actions reached the DA's office. He (Corbett) had the chance and decided not to proscecute..

They are hanging the blame on a dead man.
  • hazeyjane Idiot r... 2012/07/22 13:12:53
    hazeyjane
    I hear the pain and the argument, but I feel he still had to try harder to get the word out another way. The media is very willing!!!! The fact that he did not get paid by the second mile foundation does not keep him in the clear. And to be honest deep down Joe Paterno also not really was very happy with the negative publicity this whole business would bring. According to the Louis Freeh report Joe Paterno even advised against taking it to the authorities. And you are right there are those who carrry even more guild ( former president Graham Spanier of the Pennsylvania State University, former athletic director Tim Curley and former university vice president Gary Schultz.
    http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-...
    All in all it's a very sad and nasty business and again like many things in life always has to do with money and keeping your own porch clean!!
  • John Hall 2012/07/20 10:41:01
    yes
    John Hall
    I think there are some paterno fans that are afraid to say anything for retaliation .
  • Pat 2012/07/20 10:38:28
    no
    I think people are torn by the lifetime of achievement of Joe Paterno versus the horrible crimes against children committed on his watch. Personally, I think it has to come down. This whole thing is a blight on Penn State and everyone involved no matter how great they were. Sometimes the mistakes we make erase whatever good we may have done and I think this is one of those times. I don't think Paterno was the only one involved. It was all of the higher ups and they should all pay a price.
  • Mary Ann 2012/07/19 22:41:52
    yes
    Mary Ann
    Are people reluctant to answer the question, YES.

Should it come down? Yes. He aided by turning a blind eye!
  • Idiot r... Mary Ann 2012/07/20 11:56:58
    Idiot repubs
    Jerry Sandusky was no longer associated with the football team after 1999. He and his foundation (The Second Mile) wrote large checks to the trustees of the University to use the facilities. They didn't write checks to Paterno.

• philly 2012/07/19 19:26:26
    other (clarify please)
    philly
    +1
    I do not think that people know what to say,He was a great coach one of the best that there will ever be but to take down the statue of him is going a little far it is not like he was the ones who abused the kids
  • hazeyjane philly 2012/07/19 20:00:48
    hazeyjane
    I hear you, but if he and the once he did tell had done the right thing when it counted that would have saved a lot of kids a great deal of mental and physical wounds, leaving scares that will never go away!! abuse
  • philly hazeyjane 2012/07/19 22:41:14 (edited)
  • Christian 2012/07/19 19:15:08
    other (clarify please)
    Christian
    +2
    If Paterno had knowledge of what was going on and did nothing he is just as guilty.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/07/19 18:39:36
    no
    HarleyCharley
    it should be taken down...
  • hazeyjane 2012/07/19 18:35:35
    other (clarify please)
    hazeyjane
    +1
    I think a lot struggle with the fact to give a negative remark to a man that for so long has been idolized by so many and nobody wants to stand on the end of that rope.
    The man after all has mend a lot to the community and by this one wrong decision already
    pushed( figuratifely) over his own statue!!
    It's a very sad thing but I do think that this statue is one to many!
    other (clarify please)
    I am not it should be gone
  • Outta' Here. 2012/07/19 18:28:25
    no
    Outta' Here.
    +2
    Tear the damned thing down.
    Leave it up. Whatever.
    But in addition to his "hero's biography", make sure they add the chapter about how he enabled and covered up for a pedophile for years.

2014/11/25 21:01:50