Do stories of roller coasters accidents make you less inclined to go on amusement park rides?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/29 15:33:36
A boy is recovering after he was hit in the face by a bird while riding a roller coaster at an amusement park in New Jersey.

The collision occurred as the Kingda Ka coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson was returning to the station Thursday.

The boy was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of minor injuries to his face and neck. His name was not released.

The 456-foot tall Kingda Ka coaster, which reaches speeds up to 128 mph, was shut down for about half an hour.

This isn't the first time someone has been hit by a bird on a roller coaster. Italian super-model Fabio was bloodied in the face by a goose on the Apollo's Chariot ride at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. in 1999. The aftermath of that infamous incident was photographed because the freak-accident happened during a publicity stunt for the theme park.
nbspthe aftermath infamous incident photographed freak-accident publicity stunt theme park

Read More: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/19128288/boy-hit-by-b...

• aherbert 2012/07/30 21:41:08
    I'm not worried because....
    aherbert
    +1
    When a roller coaster break down ... the maintenance crew check it out through and through to ensure no mishaps ... it is safer to ride after a break down ... okay that could just be me however, when you go to the park and waiting in long lines to ride a ride and it breaks down ... a ton of people get out of line and I move up to the front ... when they fix the issue I am the first to ride.
  • Seonag 2012/07/30 12:41:51
    Yes,I think twice about going on amusement park rides,after seeing these stor...
    Seonag
    +1
    Actually, when I was about 4 or 5 (in the early 50s) there was a bad roller coaster accident near us. My neighbors son was seriously hurt and it made a strong negative impression on me. I don't ride them to this day!
  • Pat 2012/07/30 03:30:47
    Other Thoughts!
    +1
    It's not so much that I'd be afraid. I guess I think that when your number is up...it's up. But, I don't go on rides that involve any kind of centrifugal force or high speed like a roller coaster. For some reason my head can not take the pressure, seriously. I feel like my head will explode when I go on these rides. screaming on roller coaster
    I'd be the face on the right.
  • JohnT 2012/07/29 23:32:53
    I'm not worried because....
    JohnT
    +1
    Because the body count is pretty low compared to automobiles. Your safer on a roller coaster than in a car.
  • ParkMan 2012/07/29 22:42:47
    I'm not worried because....
    ParkMan
    +1
    You're more likely to get hurt driving there than have something happen on the ride.
  • Allbiz - PWCM - JLA 2012/07/29 17:04:05
    Other Thoughts!
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +1
    No. It's all the puking I do afterwards that keeps me from going.
  • dave b 2012/07/29 16:46:29
    Other Thoughts!
    dave b
    +1
    No, because getting hit by a bird doesnt happen very often. My back is what makes me stay of of the older wooden coasters, though. Several years ago at Magic Mountain my son and I went on their old wood coaster and it was so rough it literaly threw my back out.
    The new coasters with their smooth metal rails and non-jerky rides are fine for me.
  • Keith 2012/07/29 16:38:49
    I'm not worried because....
    Keith
    +1
    Its less fun if you now it's 100 percent safe and nothing will happen.
  • sonofason 2012/07/29 16:23:01 (edited)
  • Stevern... sonofason 2012/07/29 19:25:23
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Statistically,you have a far greater chance getting injured or killed in a car crash,coming & going to the amusement park.Then getting injured or killed in an amusement park ride.But,amusement park accidents makes for bigger news stories then everyday car crashes!
  • SteveMarine- JLA 2012/07/29 16:02:53
    I'm not worried because....
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +1
    Ive rode rides like that for years...never had any problems... Except a few having to many sharp turns givin my back one hell of a twist.
  • Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/29 15:48:10
    Other Thoughts!
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    I'm not a fan of these kind of rides due to motion sickness!
  • Selketskiss 2012/07/29 15:39:14
    I'm not worried because....
    Selketskiss
    +2
    I don't ride them..

2014/08/27 18:41:29