DO NOT CUT YOUR BODIES FOR THE DEAD OR PUT TATTOO MARKS ON YOURSELVES. I AM THE LORD.

8mariedawn6 2011/11/16 10:38:42

SLIDESHOW: DO NOT CUT YOUR BODIES FOR THE DEAD OR P

1 of 4

LEVITICUS 19:28

For many years people have been getting tattoos on there bodies

this is nouthing new I just wounder how many realize that it is a sin in the Lord's eyes to do so?

The Lord tells us are body is a temple and we should not abuse it

so tattoo's and piercings are abusive to are bodies.

I have even seen people burning things into there skin.

This is wrong in the eyes of God because we are destroying

his creation.Kind of like taking a pair of shears to a artists painting.

Are bodies are gifts from the Lord yet we as humans just seem to hurt

them.You see people all the time that have just went crazy with tattoos

you can not see there bodies from all the tattoo's.We must remember anything we

put above God is also a sin some people love these tattoo's so much

they are destroying there whole body with them No matter the cause.

the lord does not want his children walking around looking like a passport

that has been marked and stamped so many times you can not tell what it

is underneath.We need to see the destruction the Lord See's in this

and see it the way he See's this and most important we need to honor or Lord

God.In Jesus name,Amen

• Beat Magnum True Hero 2011/11/17 00:16:19 (edited)
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    "I just wounder how many realize that it is a sin in the Lord's eyes to do so?" - You need to brush up on your new Testament.... all of it. I suggest Col. Chapter 2... it talks all about self-abasement and self made religion.
  • 8maried... Beat Ma... 2011/11/17 05:00:00
    8mariedawn6
    I know that Jesus never changed this it is destruction to the body.I know the new testament I know the old testament.This is a sin in the Lord's eyes.
  • TheMadChameleon 2011/11/16 16:03:25
    TheMadChameleon
    +1
    Not one of the original reasons I left Christianity, but a damn good reason to stay away. Tattoos and piercings for the WIN!
  • Metaldane 2011/11/16 12:49:48
    Metaldane
    +1
    Your god sounds like a bit of a control freak no offense but jeez happy mine are all laid back lolz
  • Reality-Check 2011/11/16 12:14:42 (edited)
    Reality-Check
    hmm... I have a 3/4 Yakuza tattoo body suit and a tattoo on the crown of my head,

21 body piercings including a Prince Albert...

My nickname is SATAN but on weekends I'm known as SATIN

I'm multisexual and have multpile sex partners as individuals and groups...

All this makes life without your god worth living... but your god watches, and learns...
  • closinyou 2011/11/16 11:53:44 (edited)
    closinyou
    +1
    Thank God we are forgiven!

For many years people have been sinning and judging others for what they do, when they need to look at the log in their own eye!
  • 8maried... closinyou 2011/11/27 07:01:32
    8mariedawn6
    Oh I totally agree Hun I do not clam to be perfict.However i am doing what the Lord wants his people to do and that is to tell others of his word.I am a sinner I never said I wasn't.I am just speaking for the Lord as I know.I am not judging no one I am just stating the scriptures.
  • fifty-seven Lancaster Road 2011/11/16 11:25:24
    fifty-seven Lancaster Road
    +2
    For real? Getting a tattoo is disrespectful to God, but owning slaves isn't?

Why even honour such a cruel, confused beast? You don't see anything wrong with prohibition of tattoos whilst condoning slave ownership? That's high moral standing to you?
  • closinyou fifty-s... 2011/11/16 11:59:20 (edited)
    closinyou
    +1
    You've been on those atheist websites again haven't you? I keep telling you guys, if you would go to the source you wouldn't look so foolish to those that have!
  • fifty-s... closinyou 2011/11/18 13:03:17
    fifty-seven Lancaster Road
    Seriously, slavery is condoned by both Christianity and Judaism. Going to the source would mean reading Greek and Latin, and not English translations. As you are on the internet talking about what other people need to do, and calling people foolish, I assume you aren't a scholar who can read Greek or Latin.

'True ignorance is not a lack of knowledge, but a refusal to aquire it.'
    Karl Popper
  • closinyou fifty-s... 2011/11/19 06:31:18
    closinyou
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.

- Daniel J. Boorstin
  • fifty-s... closinyou 2011/11/19 15:25:41
    fifty-seven Lancaster Road
    +1
    Somehow this quote means the discrepancies between the original and translated texts has nothing to do with anything being lost in translation?
  • closinyou fifty-s... 2011/11/26 04:41:52
    closinyou
    +1
    The problem is that you don't realize that your presupposition is what fails you! To make claims against a proven truth due to a lack of understanding or education is rather foolish. For example, slaves in the Bible were not what we perceive slaves to be. God gave rules and guidelines that were followed regarding the treatment and rights of slaves. In fact, some slaves chose to be slaves. Did you know that a slave could only be a slave for certain amount o time and then released. The number of years can be found in Exodus 21:2.

With that said, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I assume you don;t like the quote. Okay...and? That changes nothing. Your response however, does!
    Your world is very small...Gods world is unfathomably great. The world you know is not how the world has always been and it certainly will not always be as you know it.
  • 8maried... closinyou 2011/11/27 06:56:57
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    Song of Solomon 2:15 says, "Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes." Foxes sometime in search of food would enter into the grape orchards and devour the grapes and spoil the crop. However, the little foxes were too small to reach the grape bunches so they would chew on the vines and it would kill the whole vine. Instead of the farmer just losing his crop, he would lose his vine which was more disastrous. Spiritually some things we do or allow that we might think are little or insignificant can also be disastrous for us.

Many of the young people in our society here in the USA are embracing a dangerous "little fox" or seemingly "little thing" that may seem harmless. The young people are saying that it is a "trendy" thing to do. Many of them are showing off multiple ear, nose, tongue, eyebrow and navel jewels and rings attached to their pierced flesh. Some even have this done on unspeakable parts of their bodies. These are abnormal and unnatural.

As many people are not aware of the spiritual dangers in such practices, this article is not meant to condemn any that may already have this done. However, we would urge you to seek the Lord as to any further involvement in this practice. The Lord loves everyone, no matter what we ...

As many people are not aware of the spiritual dangers in such practices, this article is not meant to condemn any that may already have this done. However, we would urge you to seek the Lord as to any further involvement in this practice. The Lord loves everyone, no matter what we are currently doing however, His desire is to show us a better way.

The Bible warns us against cuttings in our flesh in Leviticus 19:28 which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

Our young people do not realize what they are doing has its roots in witchcraft and the practices of false religions. Those that have made trips to other parts of the world have viewed the bodies of those who have not only pierced and tattooed their bodies but have gone further, with mutilating their bodies. It is repulsive to see someone deform the body that the Lord made in perfection. The Lord admonishes us in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20,

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

If we are to glorify God in our bodies, how do body piercings glorify Christ?

In 1 Kings 18 we find the story of Elijah contesting the evil prophets of Baal (a false god of that day whose followers practiced witchcraft). The prophets of Baal worked themselves into a frenzy trying to get their god, Baal to show himself mightier than the true and living God. However, the God of Elijah proved to be the true God. During the frenzy of the Baal worshipers they began to disfigure their bodies as we see from this scripture in 1 Kings 18:28, "And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them."

Another scripture that warns us not to disfigure our bodies is Deuteronomy 14:1(Amp.): "You are the sons of the LORD your God: you shall not cut yourselves, or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead."
    When it speaks here about doing this in relation to the dead; this was a witchcraft rite done to mourn or remember their dead, so cutting, piercing and tattooing have its origin in witchcraft practices. The verse below reveals a connection between foreign gods and earrings.
  • fifty-s... closinyou 2011/12/25 15:02:57
    fifty-seven Lancaster Road
    It isn't that I don't like the quote. It is that we don't have many original manuscripts, only copies of copies. You say to go to the source, which is currently impossible. This is my point. Even if you could read Greek, you could still only study a copy of a copy.

That whole thing about slaves only being owned for a certain amount of time? Only for Hebrew (read - Jewish) slaves. Originally, Canaanites, and then all non Jews, could be held indefinitely (read - until the slave master doesn't want them, or the slave dies).

I would like to know what the proven truth is. Any sources?
  • 8maried... fifty-s... 2012/01/02 03:37:05
    8mariedawn6
    All I can say is I know the Lord is the truth so knowing of the Lord makes me also know that his word is true.The fact is there are many things in this world that is bad slavery,murder and on and on for Christians and non Christians.God never said life was going to be easy or fair Original manuscripts well even if you had them in front of you you would then say no this can not have lasted all these years if you chose not to belive it dose not mater what some one says or shows you will find excuses for why it is not real.I actually thank people want God to make every thing perfict in the world and there will not be perfection in a world so full of hate and greed and evil.Perfection is for the ones who stand before the Lord until the after life is perfection.God is not of this world he is of heaven Jesus said that there are many things that God dose not agree with in this world but man dose so any way.You will only find proof when you find the Lord.Good day.
  • 8maried... fifty-s... 2011/11/22 06:09:00
    8mariedawn6
    Oh WOW,I hear you talking but I also no the Lord and it seems to me you are a slave but not to the Lord.We all have a choice in life.Good day!
  • 8maried... closinyou 2011/11/27 07:06:02
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    I have been to the Bible that is all I need.
  • 8maried... fifty-s... 2011/11/27 07:05:11
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    Slavery was man made however the Lord did have rules how they where to be treated.Many was willingly doing what they did.
  • mrdog 2011/11/16 10:52:41
    mrdog
    +2
    Interesting O.T. words... what did Jesus say about it in the N.T. Do you know? bark
  • 8maried... mrdog 2011/11/27 06:58:47
    8mariedawn6
    +2
    Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law.if he did not change what the old testament was Hun it did not change.Yes the Lord Jesus died for are sins however i belive he wants us to still do are best to do what is right in the Lord's eyes.Bless you.Bark.
  • mrdog 8maried... 2011/11/27 08:06:59
    mrdog
    +1
    The big Ten.... is the law.... bark
  • 8maried... mrdog 2011/11/28 04:05:59 (edited)
    8mariedawn6
    Yes but there was other laws also.Love one anouther was one of the important laws said Jesus however it was not a ten commandments.There was more than just the 10.Those where the main ones but the Lord gave many laws if Jesus did not change the law like the food we eat or eye for an eye it did not change.Yes I know the Bible babe.Bark! JESUS
  • mrdog 8maried... 2011/11/28 05:56:26
    mrdog
    +1
    Good... pleased you know the word and believe it... bark

2014/11/26 07:48:23