Do Men Prefer Mean Girls?

SodaHead Living 2012/06/12 18:00:00
We recently explored whether women are attracted to jerks. But is the same true for guys? A writer for How About We says women are "mean if we don't really want to settle down with one guy (but we don't feel like being 100 percent single)." Also, she adds, "We might continue the tradition of meanness if we’ve grown up with it in our own families." But is all this a turn-on for guys?

mean girl

Men’s Fitness thinks it is, for the following reasons:

1) The "Hard to Get" Factor: Just as Groucho Marx said, "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." Sadly, if a woman is not interested in a man, he might be more interested.

2) Men Are Commitment Challenged: If a woman isn't nice to a guy, it gives him an "out." Meaning he doesn't have to get married and have babies anytime soon.

3) Too Much Media: Pop culture portrays mean girls as sexy, and guys are confused.

4) "Mommy" Issues: If his mom was like Mommie Dearest, odds are he's looking for the same. Do you think guys prefer mean girls?

Read More: http://www.howaboutwe.com/date-report/nice-guys-li...

• **StarzAbove** 2012/06/12 18:12:46
    **StarzAbove**
    +20
    I think men prefer nice, sweet girls that they can have fun with. Who wants a mean girl that is cruel to them and to others. Mean is not attractive at all.

• exsecrare freespire 2012/06/14 12:42:20
    exsecrare
    +1
    Uh, no. Only in your opinion.
  • freespire exsecrare 2012/06/15 00:03:06
    freespire
    yes that is right never made it out to be the 100% rule. it is in general what men like, well maybe not you
    +1
    I think they got into S/M.
  • Scaldari Anitoba 2012/06/13 11:41:41
    Scaldari Anitoba
    As ive always heard it said
    Guys want a good girl who will be bad only for them and never change.
    Girls want a bad boy who is good only for them, but that they can remodel into their perfect ideal.
  • S.Lewis 2012/06/13 11:39:23
    S.Lewis
    +2
    My definition of mean is someone who isn't afraid to speak up & say what she wants & needs. Men who aren't intimidated by women who are strong-minded & strong-willed prefer this type of woman. Not a doormat.
  • anubuis2001 2012/06/13 11:15:26
    anubuis2001
    +1
    Most men don't, but today's little boys sure seem too.
  • Anarchico Anthony 2012/06/13 10:55:29
    Anarchico Anthony
    +3
    I don't care how sexy a girl is, if she has a bad attitude she's not dating material.
  • Swan Eshdeh 2012/06/13 10:22:25
    Swan Eshdeh
    but if so that would be a disaster !!!
  • Cochise 2012/06/13 10:21:42
    Cochise
    +1
    Not mean girls, but girls who are BADDDDDDDDDDDD To men bad is SEXY. Well, at least that's what I've been told.
  • mrdog 2012/06/13 10:12:53
    mrdog
    +2
    Most men prefer ladies.... What can we do? bark
  • Rich Matarese 2012/06/13 10:01:48
    Rich Matarese
    +3
    Not when we're doing our thinking between our ears rather than below our belts.

The problem is that most women who are sexually alluring have known it literally all their lives (they were pretty and appealing even as small children, and became accustomed at the earliest ages to getting positive attention on the basis of their looks rather than their abilities.

From doting Daddy down through their youngest male age-peers, they've learned to find success in personal relationships by way of that appeal, and this seems to create in them both contempt for slobbering males and angst about losing the competitive self-esteem battle with other females who get such attention more effectively.

It's probably why "mean girls" - women whose relationships with the men in their lives are rife with cruelty and contempt - spend most of their adolescent years in screaming matches with their mothers and siblings (both female and male).

They begin as they intend to continue, striving to make people value them for the expression of what they personally conceive to be their "feminine wiles," and mothers tend reliably to be both contenders for Daddy's affections and relatively immune to their daughters' charms.

I'm watching this developing right now in one of my "tween" granddaughters, w...

I'm watching this developing right now in one of my "tween" granddaughters, who's putting her parents and my wife through hell.

(Me? Heck, all she wants from Grandpop is help with her homework and school projects. To children, I'm regarded in much the same way that dinosaurs are. "Large, ferocious, and extinct.")
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/06/13 10:00:17
  • J-DUB 2012/06/13 09:38:38
    J-DUB
    +2
    At least me.
  • rknothead 2012/06/13 09:37:55
    rknothead
    +1
    I like them soft and demure, not hard and vulgar.
  • Rich Ma... rknothead 2012/06/13 10:06:01
    Rich Matarese
    +1
    "I like them soft and demure...."

The problem is that "soft and demure" women not uncommonly get turned into doormats.

Effective all the women I've treated over the decades for the physical and psychiatric wounds of spousal abuse have tried to make their way in the male/female world by way of the "soft and demure" strategy, and have suffered because they think "soft and demure" equates with "punching bag."

These are the kinds of patients who break a doctor's heart.
  • rknothead Rich Ma... 2012/06/13 10:39:43
    rknothead
    +1
    I'd say it's there choice in men, not their choice to be soft and demure that lands them in therapy
  • Mel 2012/06/13 09:20:13
    Mel
    +1
    I just got out of a relationship with a mean ass person, won't make that mistake again. Thank god her ass is moving to Canada.
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/06/13 09:13:36
    Vijay Pawar
    Men prefer beautiful girls, who are mostly mean.
  • Juliet Vijay P... 2012/06/13 10:14:55
    Juliet
    +3
    Don't judge a book by its cover.
  • Vijay P... Juliet 2012/06/14 06:26:09
    Vijay Pawar
    My book-room with a arina of subjects,this my loved one,first comes the cover to decide, if book to be picked or nor, or not even touched, some times covers misleading. Liked the cover of your book dear can I ?
  • pat.steele.771 2012/06/13 09:08:56
    pat.steele.771
    +2
    I am not a man but the men in my life dont complain about me being nice. They do complain about nagging.
  • Arianne 2012/06/13 09:02:13
    Arianne
    Of course there's a difference between the mean girl....and the naughty/bad girl. I think guys would be pretty attracted to the latter than the former.

But no one is a stereotype.
  • mike 2012/06/13 08:53:24
    mike
    As well as every other type.
  • CraigPLewis 2012/06/13 08:52:57
    CraigPLewis
    Yes, but only because I don't live with any girl, or have any sort of a relationship with one. I also don't see myself having any girlfriend any time soon either (if ever).
  • Playerazzi 2012/06/13 08:50:33
    Playerazzi
    +2
    Unless she's playing around in a kinky way, a mean girl is a BIG turn-off.

I mean BIG.

I would forgoe alot in the looks department for a nice plain girl vs. a mean hot girl.
  • beach bum 2012/06/13 08:45:00
  • lorenab. 2012/06/13 08:03:04
    lorenab.
    +1
    but with the hard to get factor... everyone loves a good chase! especially if you get it in the end!!:D
  • ZERO 2012/06/13 07:21:26 (edited)
    ZERO
    +1
    God no, I'll take a nice girl over a mean girl any day.
  • ToxicChili 2012/06/13 07:17:48
    ToxicChili
    Definitely not.

Also women (and men) who are mean tend to do the whole mean/nice cycle which is very easy to get caught up in.
  • Teineeun 2012/06/13 07:11:16
    Teineeun
    +2
    No. Men don't like mean girls. Women just assume this because they feel slighted when they have a crush on their male friend and he doesn't feel the same way. What men do want is a 'lady on the street but a freak in the bed' as a song says. We're all attracted to different personalities. If a woman is honest in the first place then the relationship that eventually sparks from that will be honest too. Start a relationship with lies (being mean to get a man) will end in divorce.
  • annadaniarndt 2012/06/13 07:10:31
    annadaniarndt
    +1
    As a pansexual girl, i don't prefer mean people whatsoever. If you're not interested in me, you're not interested in me. Not wasting my time, lol.
    +1
    Sadly ..
    have seen this happen too many times ..
    (even with my own siblings)
    their first choices .. abominable ..
    but now .. they've got good, responsible .. wonderful wives indeed ..
  • Miko Mikomiko 2012/06/13 05:50:05
    Miko Mikomiko
    +2
    I thought I already answered this- I always wandered about that myself
    why men marry bitches
    use see, I found that being kind, respectful, loving and supportive will only get your heart broken. Then they say like challenges but you see a lot of guys on the web complaining about their bitches. Go figure
  • PhantomDream 2012/06/13 05:27:24 (edited)
    PhantomDream
    +1
    From what I've seen. Also, Betty and Veronica syndrome. The hotter, typically out of reach, bitchy girl is the one the guy wants, while his pretty, sweet, best friend who's in love with him gets pushed to the side.
  • CuresCancer 2012/06/13 05:25:28 (edited)
    CuresCancer
    +2
    Absolutely not. Huge turn off.
  • Shaan Xi 2012/06/13 05:19:54
    Shaan Xi
    +2
    Different Strokes for Different Folks... I tend to attract guys with mummy issues who tend to expect to be slapped around the head...but those guys are too sad and I, myself, do not do dysfunctional so still lookin' for a well nurtured man who sends his mum a birthday card..
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/06/13 05:09:37
    cmdrbnd007
    +1
    No we prefer easy girls. LOL
  • ♥Gabs1697♥ 2012/06/13 05:03:42
    ♥Gabs1697♥
    +3
    I'm talking about most Teenage guys...
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/06/13 04:50:51
    Inquisitve Kat
    I tend to fall for mean girls... and, I kind of am one.
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/06/13 04:43:54
    Charles R. Anderson
    +3
    I would not tolerate being around a mean woman. Why would most men be fool enough to do so?

2014/04/20 16:09:24