Do lice/nits like dirty or clean hair...?

juicii~sitrus 2009/12/27 01:59:39
6 votes
75%
2 votes
25%
Do they like dirty or clean hair....? And how does hot water, when doing laundry, kill nits but hot showers or extreme heat from hair drying can't kill 'em?....... ANSWER PLEASE. D:

Question Closed

• Selkie 2009/12/27 11:01:36 (edited)
    They LOVE clean hair.
    Selkie
    +1
    Its actually not the hair that they like, its the blood under the scalp. The only reason longer haired people seem to get them easier is because there is a greater amount of area for them to jump onto. What they do is climb the hair shaft to the scalp, dig in & live off the blood that they drink. They are prolific & will lay eggs/nits quickly & frequently. This is why simply washing the hair will not get rid of them. The eggs are stuck onto the scalp with a sticky substance (Eeeewww Huh?), the live lice are dug into the scalp. They must be raked off of the skin with that extremely fine-toothed comb that comes with the kits. Clothes & such can simply be laundered because there is no living thing for them to dig into & they simply wash down the drain. comb kits clothes simply laundered living dig simply wash drain
  • Ju ju 2009/12/27 04:42:34
    They LOVE clean hair.
    Ju ju
    +1
    And long hair thats why mostly girls have them!
  • Shyan 2009/12/27 04:07:33
    They LOVE clean hair.
    Shyan
    +1
    We have suffered from lice many times. it sux. the home remedy i reccomend would be the listerine and vinigar treatment. instead of spending like $40 on pesticides which only kill not remove u can spend like $10 on which kills and removes. if u want the whole direction on how to use this treatment just ask :)
  • LisaSikes Shyan 2011/02/18 03:06:12
    LisaSikes
    +1
    how do u use it my friend has it
  • Shyan LisaSikes 2011/03/06 02:37:06
    Shyan
    u soak your head in the mouth wash for 30mins washout then soak with vinegar. comb through the hair afterwards and all nits and lice will come out. easily.
  • bulmash... Shyan 2011/08/28 17:56:35
    bulmashtoyman
    +1
    Hi Shyan Im a supply teacher for nursery school. I worked with a toddler who was being treated and now Im feeling paranoid how do you know if you have it? I only worked with her for two days. I think my hand brushed her hair by accident. when I lifted her up briefly. How do you know? I normally have try scalp too. So when i combed hair i saw white stuff but figured that was it. Also really creative idea for killing them. I will try and remember that incase it happens again I can recomend that to other people too. Really cool idea.
  • ©TransAmTam~Metal Queen \m/ 2009/12/27 02:20:15
  • FabulousKilljoy47 2009/12/27 02:07:06
    They LOVE clean hair.
    FabulousKilljoy47
    +1
    It doesn't matter what kind of hair, you could be rich and super clean, or a person on the streets can get them, as long as there is hair, nits and lice can turn up. To get rid of nits and lice you have to use a special shampoo and a special comb. If you dont want to wash whatever it is (Blanket, clothes) you could also dry them in a dryer 4 20 minutes or more. Hope this helps! :)
  • Jo Fabulou... 2010/01/05 17:54:04
    Jo
    +1
    Lice like clean hair and stay away from dirty hair its a fact just look it up, try www.fairytaleshaircare.com they have studies and facts on their website. Also, a dryer will not do much to lice, eggs or nits since they are in a protective shell like covering and they are so close to the scalp. Unless you burn your scalp directly for a few minutes, I cant see this helping at all just a waste a time and painful for the child. You must do a treatment that will elminate all the eggs/nits and lice in one or two treatments. Try Lice Goodbye its non toxic, no chemicals, and can be used over and over again.
  • Megan ~ PHAET 2009/12/27 02:02:17
    They LOVE clean hair.
    Megan ~ PHAET
    +1
    Clean...Don't know the other two.
  • bye 2009/12/27 02:01:25
  • Jo bye 2010/01/05 17:48:54
    Jo
    +3
    Not true, the prefer clean hair and stay away from dirty hair!
  • bye Jo 2010/01/05 20:56:13

2014/11/21 22:15:40