Do dogs and cats have souls?

Buoyant Leadraft 2012/04/30 20:43:31
The Holy Bible says allot of messed up stuff. Animals not having souls is one of them.
To watch an elephant gather around and mourn the deceased remains of it's fellow kind. The emotion, intelligence and affection a dolphin displays when interacting with humans. The true friendship we share with our pets and the affection they show us.

I have a book shelve of urns of passed pet family members. I am starting to feel like a vampire outliving those I love.

• Pat 2012/05/01 02:17:52
    All living things have souls, even insects!
    +3
    I believe all living things contain a "life force". Some may call it a soul but I don't know what to call it exactly. But I know it's there. I can feel it in myself, other people, my pets and all living things, even trees, flowers, as living things, have it. So I believe all things have what some call "souls".

• sjalan Buoyant... 2012/05/08 06:01:47
    +1
    Yep and we wonder when it will end. My prediction is that within the next 8-12 years we will see a pandemic sweep across the planet that will kill 80% of the worlds population from that point forward down to less than 3% of our current population. I'm ready for it but I don't know many who are.
  • Buoyant... sjalan 2012/05/08 06:33:56 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    Does this have to do with biblical prophesy or a personal opinion based on the current condition of the state of the world or both?
  • sjalan Buoyant... 2012/05/08 09:09:26
    +1
    Personal Opinion bases upon lots of interface with the real world.
  • Barbara Buoyant... 2012/05/12 18:22:19
    Barbara
    Biblical prophecy is certainly coming to pass, although only those who have read and studied Revelations, especially, will say the Bible has nothing to do with it. You can track it daily when you keep up with the news. There's too much coincidence for it to be prophecy that should be totally dismissed, and things are going to get a lot worse. Unfortunately.
  • sjalan Barbara 2012/05/12 20:08:38
    +1
    Never said this was Biblical prophecy. This is all based upon my own research and opinion.

Yes many of the Biblical Prophecy are being seen today. Everything from the way people act 2Tim3:1-5 to signs Matt 24:1-14 to the interaction between Human Governments and religion ie the Whore of Babylon at Revelation chapters 17-19. (The RCC)

But I don't put much faith in these. I have some far more concrete feelings about how mankind will meet his demise and it won't be at the hand of a deity. It will be at his own hand. Those that see it coming will prepare themselves.
  • Barbara sjalan 2012/05/13 02:10:20
    Barbara
    I didn't mean to imply that anything you said was based on Biblical prophesy. I agree with you. Mankind is responsible for its demise, and I agree with you, too, about being prepared. Have you watched Doomsday Preppers? It's really interesting to see what people have come up with to protect themselves if they're faced with any catastrophe. I personally would like to live with the woman who cans things like beef stroganov and coq au vin!
  • Barbara sjalan 2012/05/12 18:18:45
    Barbara
    You're right about the pandemic. The question is who will get the viruses out into the public arena. I believe it will be a government initiative to cull the herd, as we are called. More and more people are getting ready, but some people can't afford to buy the necessary supplies and things used for precaution. I would hope that they would form groups and work together to be prepared to help them out monetarily. Mankind has made a mess of this world!
  • Buoyant... Barbara 2012/05/12 20:42:35 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    Babs? What do you think about this thing called "The Bible Code"? I hope I can call you Babs, I've never personally known anyone named Barbara, and I told myself when I did, I will have to call her Babs.
  • Barbara Buoyant... 2012/05/13 02:41:25 (edited)
    Barbara
    It's really, really interesting. I've seen several documentaries on it and want to get a book about it and learn more. There seems to be some scientific substantial evidence that the numeric and symbolic codes tell us much more than we are able to see from reading and studying the Bible without the code. I really can't say any more than that right now.
    I'm planning on getting a book about it from Amazon. It's on my list of things to read.
    That's really all I can say until I research a little on Google, or whatever. I usually take notes on this type thing when I see it on the History Channel or NatGeo, etc., and I can't find any notes. They're probably in another notebook than my current one.
    It's fine to call me Babs. I don't like Barbie, though!
    The things I'm studying right now are about the new world order/one-world government. Now, that's scary!
  • Scooter 2012/05/01 16:08:36
    Yes of course they do, the Bible is wrong!
    Scooter
    I believe they do.
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/05/01 16:00:48
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    NONE OF THE ABOVE Is my choice. I have read the Bible from cover to cover many times. And in it if you read properly it clearly has animals in Heaven.
    This is a pretty god synopsis>>>
    http://www.cerm.info/bible_st...
  • Buoyant... Nam Era... 2012/05/01 18:02:24 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    Okay, why don't we let you add one more answer. I would love to hear what you would choose.

Fill in the blank________________________... check box

WARNING!: That last part of that statement is not true! " I would love to hear what you would choose" is completely false. We don't care. At all. We here at Illuminati INC., don't care what you think one IODA. Thats is why we have included this check box for you to mark and share with yourself.
  • Nam Era... Buoyant... 2012/05/01 23:44:01
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +2
    The other answer would be Yes The Bible does have animals in Heaven.
  • Barbara Nam Era... 2012/05/12 18:23:20
    Barbara
    +1
    Agree with you 100%!
  • Gloria 2012/05/01 15:51:39
    Gloria
  • Barbara Gloria 2012/05/12 18:24:44
    Barbara
    +1
    This is the book I've been talking about. Thanks for posting the title! I couldn't remember the name.
  • Gloria Barbara 2012/05/12 22:55:25
    +2
    NUFF SAID!!!
  • Commenting_one 2012/05/01 05:10:17
    Commenting_one
    +1
    Well, I selected this one because because I believe they have souls. I don't know if insects or plants would be included in this though.
  • Elbuscus 2012/05/01 02:26:21
    Animals are made to eat not go to heaven!
    Elbuscus
    the Bible says some pretty ridiculous stuff, I agree, but it doesn't mean the Bible lies. God gave us the ability to have faith and the gift of imagination for a reason.

(I don't think all animals are to eat, I just didn't like the alternative choice... animals are smart - some more or less than others)
  • bricklyn Elbuscus 2012/05/01 02:51:14
    bricklyn
    Where in the bible does it say animals do not have a soul?

I do know the bible tells us that god is a liar!

1 Kings 22:23
    Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
    2 Chronicles 18:22
    Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
    Jeremiah 4:10
    Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
    Jeremiah 20:7
    O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived.
    Ezekiel 14:9
    And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
    2 Thessalonians 2:11
    For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

1 Kings 22:20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

1 Kings 22:21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.

1 Kings 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also, go forth, and do so.
  • Pat 2012/05/01 02:17:52
    +3
  • Shawna 2012/05/01 01:47:08
    Not even humans have souls and their is no afterlife!
    Shawna
    +3
    I don't know what a soul is or if it exists, however I am inclined to think that if one living creature has souls they all do.
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/01 01:59:58
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    There is a reason I have fallen in love with you. Damn these internet crushes!
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/01 02:09:56
    Shawna
    +2
    LOL-many have fallen but all have given up. Good thing I'm the wrong gender. You'll get over it.
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/01 02:48:25
    Buoyant Leadraft
    Get over what?
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/01 17:30:44
    Shawna
    +2
    Get over your internet crush. Or maybe no. I am pretty fabulous, after all. LOL
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/01 17:53:35 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    YES YOU ARE! I really enjoy your personality and your sweet closed mouth smile!
    P.S. Sorry to have taken over your "what is for dinner question", I just love food... I am a great cook and love to give input. Truth be known, I used to love hamburger helper, but I was a young-in! I do miss my campbell's chunky sirloin burger soup, so I am not without sin myself.
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/01 17:56:59
    Shawna
    +1
    LOL-I think a friendship is required here.
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/03 21:53:15 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    This was my best day on soda head...
    "LOL-I think a friendship is required here."
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/03 22:18:04
    Shawna
    +1
    Well I have to let you know that the position of gay best friend is already filled but you do seem like my kind of person so I just might have to start you out as best gay acquaintance. I suspect you will graduate to friend very quickly.

You could be my only Hollywood friend. My only dashingly handsome friend. My only hamburger helper loving friend. Or perhaps my only Beyonce sniffing friend. The choices seem unlimited.
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/03 22:46:21
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    Aww, I'll take what i can get, I'm not picky! ;-)
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/03 22:47:19
    Shawna
    +1
    Well I am picky, but you seem to be suitable.
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/03 23:01:37 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    If I had a penny for every time I heard that one i'd have a dollar!
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/03 22:58:51
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    ROTFL- OMG! I JUST SPRAYED MY LCD SCREEN WITH OJ!!!!
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/03 23:09:21
    Shawna
    +1
    I hope there is some vodka in that oj. Actually this is my favourite... Santa Cruz mangotangerine absolut mandarin
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/03 23:21:32 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    I wanted to keep that part out of it! I haven't decided if i want to click on the I am a drinker part of the profile.
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/03 23:32:09
    Shawna
    +1
    The juice is from Santa Cruz California and we import it. maybe they only sell it to Canadians. I love it!

It is a bit odd to select that you are a drinker-lol. I do drink alcohol, I would not describe myself as a drinker. However I think I did put that as I did not want to give the impression I am tea total.

I love black currant. And since we are talking alcohol here and totally blowing your cover, have you ever had this? It's so good. I special order it. It is caramel vodka and the brand is Van Goh. Nice over ice.

Van Goh caramel vodka
  • Buoyant... Shawna 2012/05/04 01:01:17 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    Oh wow, one more thing to destroy my liver... Over ice? How nice!
  • Shawna Buoyant... 2012/05/04 01:03:52
    Shawna
    +1
    I think I'll have some right now. Damn-no ice. I know, I know, I live in very primitive style.

2014/11/01 11:48:37