Do Atheists attack Christians more than any other religion?

XENON23 2012/04/14 02:32:57
Other

• ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/14 02:39:58
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +11
    Attack meaning Physically by Force I dont think Athiests go around to Christians waiting for them to come out of Church on sunday and beat them up?

But i have Seen many a Christian Do this
    meaning physically force athiests christians waiting church sunday beat christian

James the Preacher Picketing American Atheist Convention, Iowa 2011

This man is standing in a Pagan Wiccan communitty
    While yes he does have Free Speech he is Screaming and insulting the Pagan Community calling us satan worshippers
    WE DO NOT WORSHIP SATAN
    We worship a mother Goddess and Father God
    after 2 hours of them Ranting this is one Residents response

• Cat 2012/08/19 04:24:30
    Other
    Cat
    I don't know if you mean:
    Do Atheists attack them more than Atheists attack those of other faiths? or
    Do Atheists attack Christians more than people of other faiths attack Christians? or
    Do Atheists attack Christians more than people of any other single faith attack Christians? These are three different questions with different answers. Yes,No and No (if we're speaking on global terms).Muslims got the Atheists beat when it comes to attacking Christians.http://images.soda...
  • Cat Cat 2012/08/19 04:27:21
    Cat
    The photo didn't upload. I'm trying again

(if we're speaking on global terms).Muslims got the Atheists beat when it comes to attacking Christians. christianbody
  • Kyle 2012/05/28 04:55:24
    Kyle
    In sheer numbers yes, but proportionately no.
  • Sean Mathews 2012/05/27 23:14:03
    Other
    Sean Mathews
    It depends on which ideology is being promoted in such ways that interfere with my freedom to exercise my own human rights, and which people of which religion are proselytizing me...and telling me which "hell" I'm going to.

I live in the U.S.A., and the majority of the theist population here in the U.S.A. is Christian. So yes, circumstantially, I do happen to speak against more of the Christian ideologies than Muslim ones. If I were living in the Middle-East, I'd be more occupied opposing the dominant active religion in that area, which would be Islam I presume.

Don't paint with too broad a brush.
  • elijahin24 2012/04/29 13:46:19
    Other
    elijahin24
    +1
    Probably. And probably because, as Christians are so eager to remind us: they make up 85% of the population of the United States.
  • Radical Ed 2012/04/29 04:55:02
    Other
    Radical Ed
    +1
    you'll learn sooner or later that nothing is ever as black and white...
  • greyjack 2012/04/24 22:22:06
    greyjack
    +1
    Most atheists live in places where christianity is very prominent and it is common for people to deal with things that they are more used to than things foreign to them
  • Mark 2012/04/20 12:11:32
    Mark
    +1
    It only seems like that because the west has been taught Christian values. Sodahead is largely a west webiste, so it is only natural for atheists to berate us. If it were muslim, they would bear the brunt.
    I am not insulted by it when I get pilloried by an atheist, I am flattered.
  • sandra 2012/04/20 11:45:17
    But they know they can do so safely - shoot, if they attack Islam they could end up dead
  • ExfleetSailorRet2006 2012/04/18 23:34:56
    Other
    ExfleetSailorRet2006
    Cant' honest say. They seem to in this country and likely others where their freedom of expression is protected. And I get they will argue they are merely forcing this country to "faithfully" adhere to its policy of separation and state. This might account for a seeming reluctance to pursue their agenda equally aggressively in countries not so similarly disposed: "I find your public display of the star and crescent objectionable, personally offensive." lol, uh huh.

I've known of followers of various religious beliefs who have died for them among people and in countries hostile to their beliefs; many willingly without resistance as an expression of their faith in what they believe. I've not heard of atheists similarly, forgive me, sticking their necks out.

Their latest outrage involves their demanding the removal crosses erected at Camp Pendleton by Marines in honor of lost comrades. It's meant to be a place reflection and remembrance. It's not visible, requires a good deal physical exertion to climb a hill to arrive there. It doesn't matter it can't be seen, the atheists object to the fact its there at all.

I should note several of the Marines who erected it have died in combat.
  • ☆Hitler was a community org... 2012/04/18 13:03:54
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    +1
    but mostly they confuse Catholicism with Christianity...and that by design
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/29 13:50:20
    elijahin24
    Catholicism is a form of Christianity. Any religion which worships CHRIST, is Christian. Perhaps at times, all Christian faiths get lumped together, and the dogma which seperates you gets ignored. But if so, it's because your beliefs are so similar; and that they, not the dogma, are what we are criticizing.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/29 14:21:10
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    Catholicism is not Christianity, just as a counterfeit $100 bill is not really a $100...its not even a form of money...so your sideways logic is hypocritical at best
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/29 14:25:01
    elijahin24
    OK, please explain to me how Catholicism, a religion which worships Jesus Christ, is not Christianity.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/29 14:57:13
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    the same way that a picture of Benjamin Franklin is not a $100 bill
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/29 15:26:23
    elijahin24
    You can do better than that. Just saying something is true, doesn't make it so. On what grounds do YOU judge Catholics to be something other than Christians?
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 03:11:39
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    by their own doctrine...no man on this Earth is, or ever was, the "Vicar of Christ"...its a lie, and therefore makes that Catholic doctrine, "non-Christian"...in fact, it is the doctrine of the Anti-Christ.
    you want to rail on the Catholics?...go ahead.
    you want to rail on the Christians?... be my guest..but dont confuse the two
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 13:27:26
    elijahin24
    I don't. I think you're both full of crap. I just don't get how you can logically say that Catholics are not Christians. Christian literally means follower (or worshiper) of Christ. So they may have different ideas about him than yours; but you don't know that they're wrong, or that you're right. You believe it, but you don't know. So to be so hatefully judgmental, seems silly to me. Your church spawned from theirs, so i get the whole "we're not like them" thing; but to say that they are something other than what they clearly are, makes no sense.
    But whatever. Like I said, I think you're all worshiping an imaginary friend, so do your thing, Boo Boo.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 13:45:59
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    name dropping Christ does not equal worshiping Christ
    and History has proven Christ as a real person, so we can throw out the imaginary part
    1/3 of every male in Mexico has the name of Jesus attached to them...doesn't mean that they are this same Jesus of Nazareth
    you are trying to revising history of something you say is imaginary...how insane is that?
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 13:59:58
    elijahin24
    But they DO worship him. do you think that your way of worshiping is the only way? See, THIS is why I don't like some Christians. They can't share their toys. Everything has to be your way, or no way. I know the history of the Christian Churches. They are not imaginary. I wish they were, I'm sure that the victims of the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, and the Salem Witch Trials would wish that too.
    I think your god is imaginary, not his cult.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 16:09:04
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    counterfeiters worship $100 bills too, but that doesn't make their bills equal to "actual" $100 bills...you need to get this concept before you start speaking about things you know very little about.
    Spanish inquisition, crusades yes Catholic...not Christian
    and the Salem witch hunts were mostly superstitious people...not Christians, and that was mostly about acquiring neighboring lands, as at the time you could legally acquire your neighbor's property if you claimed in court that your neighbor was a witch.

just read "Foxs Book Of Martyrs"...it will become obvious to you that the Catholics were killing the Christians because they dared read the Bible for themselves and disputed the Catholic churches "official" misrepresentation of the Word of God.

a modern day example is our own Constitution, I know what the Constitution says...I have a second amendment right, but our "official" government is trying to undo it...and redefine the definition of "free speech" (the occupy idiots).
    so right there, shows them to be un American and operating under a false Constitution...get it?...its not the same Constitution...and Catholics are not worshiping the same Jesus
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 17:18:33
    elijahin24
    That sounds like a lot of "don't blame me", BS. And I don't blame you, but I do blame many of the leaders of your faith.and rightly so. I know the history. You should too.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 17:23:12
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    if you know the history how do you explain "Fox's Book Of Martyrs"?
    so you dont know history...you just want to play the blame game...makes you feel superior? some how?
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 17:56:08
    elijahin24
    It's a book from the 15th century (16th maybe?). Foxe himself didn't like that title. He had some excessively verbose name for it: "Acts and Monuments of the blah blah blah". I've never read it; but I know of it. From what I understand, it's primarily a list of Christians who got killed for being Christians (sort of what Martyrs are); the primary purpose of which is to enrage other Christians against all who have ever been associated with oppression of Christians. Religions have always been a source of hate and violence.
    I don't care about feeling superior. I care about the truth. The truth is that Christians of every stripe have committed atrocities in the name of their god. The same is true of all religions. Even some atheists have committed violence against members of religions, because they hate religion. My purpose here is to ask that everyone recognize the fallibility of their faiths and their histories of violence. It's important that we acknowledge the past, and lament the parts of it that are shameful; so that we don't make the same mistakes in the future. We need to be honest with ourselves. That's what I'm saying.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 18:19:03
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    there you go...you never read it, so you are stuck in your own ignorant loop.
    its about Christians being killed by the Roman empire, later known as the holy Roman empire and later/also known as the Catholic Church.
    ...it is required reading of our Baptist Church institute...and hasn't enraged any of us...lolz...our pastor is a former Catholic...and he makes sure we know our history
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 18:23:54
    elijahin24
    Right, because Baptists aren't known for oppressing anyone (black people, gays, women) or being violent about their hate.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 18:33:55 (edited)
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    stating the obvious is oppression?...how so?...Homosexuality is just as much a sin as is Adultery...are we "oppressing Adulators too?...lolz..
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 18:42:07
    elijahin24
    I don't know of many adulterors who have been curb-stompped, beaten to death or tied naked to flag polls. I don't know of many adulterors who have been denied a job, or room and board. I don't know many who have been bullied to the point of suicide. And NO, there is nothing obvious about the idea that homosexuality is as sinful as adultry. Homosexuality, in and of itself hurts nobody. Adultry hurts the scorned spouce, and often children.
    By the way, I notice you made no attempt to justify or deny your religions oppression of women or black people.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 18:50:25
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    its not that I made no attempt...I just didnt know were to start with you ridiculous statements...we have black people and women in our church so its obvious that you are wrong there

and most violence of gays is gay on gay a.k.a. "gay domestic violence".
    in fact you cant find a curb stomped gay by a baptist preacher...even the Westboro nuts haven't done that
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 18:55:29
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 19:10:00
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    no seriously I have seen the studies and have examples...you got your @ss handed to you, so go
  • elijahin24 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 19:49:43
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 20:10:55 (edited)
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    and by a baptist preacher no doubt...lolz.
    I hae seen the studies...but if those "studies" dont support your assumptions then of course they are not accurate right?

His parents thought he was working as a hair stylist on weekends. But when Prairie Grove, Ark., police responded to a 911 emergency call at 5 a.m. Sept. 26, they found 13-year-old Jesse Dirkhising on the floor, unconscious, near death, one of his wrists bound with duct tape. A half-hour later, he was pronounced dead at St. Mary's Hospital in Roger. A police investigation determined young Jesse was repeatedly raped over a period of hours, including with foreign objects. While enduring this ordeal, his ankles, knees and wrists were bound in duct tape and he was gagged and blindfolded. He was tied to a mattress. He may have been drugged, police say. A sedative called amitryptiline was found in the home of two men -- Joshua Brown, 22, and David Don Carpenter, 38 -- along with Jesse's body. Just another brutal local crime, you say? Why is Farah recounting a police blotter story from Arkansas? I don't know. Something bothers me about this story. It ought to bother us. It was big news in Northwest Arkansas, but the story of Jesse Dirkhising hasn't made a ripple in the national news. I wonder why? I wonder if it's because th...

His parents thought he was working as a hair stylist on weekends. But when Prairie Grove, Ark., police responded to a 911 emergency call at 5 a.m. Sept. 26, they found 13-year-old Jesse Dirkhising on the floor, unconscious, near death, one of his wrists bound with duct tape. A half-hour later, he was pronounced dead at St. Mary's Hospital in Roger. A police investigation determined young Jesse was repeatedly raped over a period of hours, including with foreign objects. While enduring this ordeal, his ankles, knees and wrists were bound in duct tape and he was gagged and blindfolded. He was tied to a mattress. He may have been drugged, police say. A sedative called amitryptiline was found in the home of two men -- Joshua Brown, 22, and David Don Carpenter, 38 -- along with Jesse's body. Just another brutal local crime, you say? Why is Farah recounting a police blotter story from Arkansas? I don't know. Something bothers me about this story. It ought to bother us. It was big news in Northwest Arkansas, but the story of Jesse Dirkhising hasn't made a ripple in the national news. I wonder why? I wonder if it's because the victim is not a part of some politically protected sub-group, a special class deserving of extra government privileges? I wonder if it is because the suspects are, indeed, members of such a group. Remember how the nation stood riveted to the details of a hideous murder that took place in Wyoming when a homosexual was tortured to death? Never mind that the crime had little or nothing to do with the victim's sexual proclivities. Uh-uh. That didn't matter.
  • ☆Hitler... elijahin24 2012/04/30 20:11:39
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    what do you wish to know next?...
  • XENON23 ☆Hitler... 2012/04/30 23:30:59
    XENON23
    The Catholic Church is the first church. It is Christian and you would not have all the others with out it.

While there were many books that went into or were left out of the first Bible (Book of Books) at the The Council of Nicea the Catholic Church was what was formed. This does not mean that other people who did not see things as The Council of Nicea did they were left out of that loop.

After The Council of Nicea you have the Catholic Church that was always slow to change as is still is. Henry the 8th Broke off as did Luther and gave us what have today.

Today we have The Catholic Church...then the Russian and Greek Orthodox those 2 are in what is often called a schism. Then we have the Church of England and Episcopal Churches... then the Lutherans. After that you have all the other Break away branches of the Christian Churches.

http://images.sodahead.com/pr...
  • ☆Hitler... XENON23 2012/05/01 00:52:57
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    (This does not mean that other people who did not see things as The Council of Nicea did they were left out of that loop.)

you are right they were not left out...they were killed
  • ☆Hitler... XENON23 2012/05/01 01:10:13
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    Christians with out any help from the council of Nicea:

Montanists: 250-600 A.D.
    Novatians: 260-600 A.D.
    Nestorians: 490-1000 A.D.
    Donatists: 300-800 A.D.
    Paulicians: 600-1200 A.D.
    Bogomiles: 800-1200 A.D.
    Waldenses...Albigenses...Cathari ... Lollards... proven by history...reference "Foxs Book Of Martyrs"
  • Jrogers 2012/04/18 00:01:56
    Jrogers
    My husband is an atheist and he doesnt like or believe in any religion - none of them
  • Thank you but no... 2012/04/16 18:24:08
    Thank you but no...
    Where Christianity is the most common religion, it is safer to be an atheist. Try being an atheist where there is a Muslim theocracy.

Everywhere else they tend to be happy to tolerate other religions and atheism.

2014/12/18 21:02:03