Director-Producer Tony Scott Jumped To Death From Bridge - Deadline.com: Have you known someone who committed suicide?

Daryl 2012/08/20 07:57:58

DEADLINE.COM reports:
2ND UPDATE, WRITETHRU: A source close to the Scott family just confirmed to Deadline that famed movie director and TV producer Tony Scott "has passed awa

deadline thatfamed movie director tv producer tony scott passed awa

Read More: http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/report-director-pr...

• P. Sturm 2012/09/13 07:37:59
    P. Sturm
    Yes, a number of people.
  • Glitchie 2012/08/22 07:00:20
    Glitchie
    I've known people who've tried though. Its not fun.
  • exsecrare 2012/08/22 04:44:08
    exsecrare
    too many people...
  • mustangluver 2012/08/21 07:02:51
    mustangluver
    Yes and she was just an acquaintance and i was in her suicide note. I was shocked! She put that she knew i didn't like her. Like why she cared i don't know. My husband knew 2 guys who killed themselves. We have 2 neighbors just 3 houses away from each other who killed themselves.
  • Catnip "Guru" ∞ 2012/08/21 04:11:49 (edited)
    Catnip "Guru" ∞
    Sadly I do. A friend's brother. He was plagued with mentle illness for most of his life. To numb the pain, he turned to drugs and alcohol. Until one day, his demons just become too powerful. And he took his own life.
  • Irish little 2012/08/21 02:40:58
    Irish little
    My grandson after his father-in-law made a bad thing worse by telling stories that he could not be cured of crones imparment.
  • Nan 2012/08/21 01:06:48
    Nan
    Yes, unfortunately I've known a few people that have done that. It is so shocking and so very, very sad.
  • Jrogers 2012/08/21 00:47:02
    Jrogers
    There was a boy back in high shcool - and there was a boy who graduated with my son. He used to come over and jam on his guitar with my son - he was a very nice kid - and when they had a talent show at the high school when they were still in school the girls really seemed to like him - it was very sad and unexpected
  • Mark DeBarbieri 2012/08/20 22:34:05
    Mark DeBarbieri
    I had a client that committed suicide; jumped off a small bridge to drown herself. Suicide is for those that have completely given up on themselves and maybe too proud to ask for help.
  • Shelly Sue 2012/08/20 19:06:28
    Shelly Sue
    +1
    Yes I have known 3 people to commit suicide that I personally knew. One was a friend who I considered close yet I had moved and we had not spoken in the last month before her death. It is so hard to understand because she was the most funny outgoing and friendly person who never seemed to have a chip on her shoulder about anything. Those that spoke to her in the last days before she shot herself in the head said, that she was having marital problems but she seemed to be taking it all in stride. It makes no sense when people do this.
  • rand 2012/08/20 16:45:16
    rand
    ...and they were young and felt no hope for the future, much more sad than essentially euthanizing oneself late in life.
  • Lil 2012/08/20 16:19:18
    Lil
  • Tennessee3501 2012/08/20 15:57:57
    Tennessee3501
    How sad! Tony Scott R.I.P. !
  • susan BN-0 2012/08/20 15:33:03
    susan BN-0
    +1
    My uncle.
  • flrdsgns 2012/08/20 15:25:42
    flrdsgns
    Very sad about Tony Scott. His creativity will be missed.
  • Cat 2012/08/20 15:20:19
    Cat
    +1
    A brother-in-law, a close family friend and two co-workers all did themselves in.
    Sometimes the reason is pretty obvious but in some cases it seems so incompatible with the person you thought you knew. It is common in law enforcement, because cops see the worst parts of life on a daily basis. I can eat away at ones soul.
  • Rave 2012/08/20 15:15:59
    Rave
    +1
    Both my grandparents committed suicide on my mother's side. My Uncle's death was a mysterious one, it might have been suicide or homicide, it was never clear. And my mom attempted many times till she ended up in a mental hospital.
  • sheilaa... Rave 2012/08/21 05:53:15
    sheilaana.nunez
    This is also hereditary :(
  • Michael 2012/08/20 15:10:21
    Michael
    +1
    Life is so precious. Can't imagine the pain he must have been in.
  • gocar 2012/08/20 14:57:26
    gocar
    +1
    Yes, a neighbor shot himself 15 months after his wife passed away. He just did not want to go on without her and was lonely no matter how many activities we included him in.
    Also I used to volunteer at a Crisis Center Hot Line and spoke to many people who were considering suicide. Most of them were in a depressed state, seeing no end to the problems in their lives. Too poor to get help for a drug problem, abandoned by a husband and left with small children, endless pain from a serious illness. Our fellow travelers out there need lots of support and help.
  • Gina Shown 2012/08/20 14:57:06
    Gina Shown
    +1
    This is not something that i have had to deal with
  • Dickens 2012/08/20 14:54:22
    Dickens
    +1
    ..a few..
    +1
    Just so sad - suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem and is without thought of the family and friends left behind. Suicide makes me sad and angry
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/08/20 14:18:31
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    Yes, several. They (in my experience) fall into one of three general categories:
    1. Extremely selfish/self-absorbed AND insecure/frustrated.
    2. Out of their mind - literally not sane - from physical/emotional/spiritual pain, usually.
    3. Tortured (often rightly) by guilt.
  • GoodEncounter 2012/08/20 13:40:05
    GoodEncounter
    +1
    A girlfriend of mine hung herself in the shower with her children, ages 2 + 4 in the house with her. She did it around 8 a.m. and wasn't found until 3:30. It was awful.
  • Cantus_bird 2012/08/20 13:17:52
    Cantus_bird
    +1
    Unfortunately i do and it's sad when an individual feels that is a solution to a problem.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/08/20 13:03:01
  • E Dawg 2012/08/20 13:02:42
    E Dawg
    +1
    He was one of my favorite directors.
  • David 2012/08/20 12:58:23
    David
    +2
    Thankfully no!
  • sheilaana.nunez 2012/08/20 12:56:48
    sheilaana.nunez
    +2
    yes, a few :( Their moment of weakness; was too much for them to take :/
  • Super ludum 2012/08/20 12:55:01
  • enlightened one 2012/08/20 12:31:48
    enlightened one
    +2
    As a teenager I had a friend in my senior class, who was so distraught over losing her boyfriend that she went to Atlanta - climbed up to the top floor of the lobby (10 floors) and jumped to her death. The shock of her death nearly killed her mother and father. That was the only person I knew who committed suicide. It was horrible.
  • Daniel 2012/08/20 12:28:22
    Daniel
  • Super l... Daniel 2012/08/20 13:08:35
  • Daniel Super l... 2012/08/21 01:27:26
    Daniel
    One was my best friend and I knew the signs. For 35 years we were best friends and I always knew he was weak. There comes a time where roads must part and I left him to die. I knew he would and within a year he put the gun to his head. I miss my friend but had to live my life and if somebody doesn't want to live theirs then so be it. My wife was afraid my son would be suicidal but I knew what to do. I raised him harder and made him strong. He'll be just fine. He's playing in Saturdays game in Illinois. Look up Concordia University in Michigan. Check out the football roster #58. That's my boy.
  • Super l... Daniel 2012/08/21 05:59:59
  • Daniel Super l... 2012/08/21 11:25:50
    Daniel
    They lack self worth and have low self esteem. These are in fact weaknesses and parents can help children over come these issues by allowing and making children do for themselves. Fulfillment in ones accomplishments is how one conquers their weaknesses. My friend Tommy was very spoiled and therefore never did for himself. I walked into my son's life when he was 12. He was very spoiled. His mother always did for him like taking him everywhere he wanted to go. Well he wasn't a happy camper when dad took over. I gave him bus money and bought him a bike. At thirteen he asked for a bigger allowance and I stopped his. Hooked him up with selling paint and he was making three hundred a week. Now it wasn't easy being a dad to a spoiled brat but he's not spoiled anymore and he's owned two Cadillacs since then. He thanked his dad for making him a man but he wasn't thanking me a couple of years ago. : ) he hated me with a passion but that didn't bother me as I loved him and knew he'd understand why I did what I did.
  • Super l... Daniel 2012/08/21 17:21:39 (edited)
  • Daniel Super l... 2012/08/22 11:59:44
    Daniel
    Not rich just spoiled. Kids killing themselves seems to be growing. I blame this on social skills. I have a nephew I worry about. He's always on the computer and has very low self esteem. I actually have two I was concerned about but one will be ok. He's now in prison but knows he'll be ok. He only has 2 years and knows Uncle Danny did 9.5 and made it. I've seen men who cut their own testicles off. Seen men kill themselves. They can't go on and fear the future. I was at that point once. I called my mother scared to death and asked her to get me a lawyer to get me out. My mother said stop it. She said she wanted me to hang up that phone and do what I'd done my whole life. Kick their asses. I remembered who I was and I was the baddest fighter in Tucson. I turned around that day and stood my ground. Survival requires strength and life gives us that strength. If a man doesn't live and learn, he can never grow. So great was the strength I'd found in myself that day I not only conquered prison but life. I found the Lord in there and I took him with me past the gates. That's why my son was twelve when I walked into his life. I raised my son just like to Father from the Old Testament. I had all these Liberal Nuts calling cops on me because they didn't like how I raised my son. Today, ...
    Not rich just spoiled. Kids killing themselves seems to be growing. I blame this on social skills. I have a nephew I worry about. He's always on the computer and has very low self esteem. I actually have two I was concerned about but one will be ok. He's now in prison but knows he'll be ok. He only has 2 years and knows Uncle Danny did 9.5 and made it. I've seen men who cut their own testicles off. Seen men kill themselves. They can't go on and fear the future. I was at that point once. I called my mother scared to death and asked her to get me a lawyer to get me out. My mother said stop it. She said she wanted me to hang up that phone and do what I'd done my whole life. Kick their asses. I remembered who I was and I was the baddest fighter in Tucson. I turned around that day and stood my ground. Survival requires strength and life gives us that strength. If a man doesn't live and learn, he can never grow. So great was the strength I'd found in myself that day I not only conquered prison but life. I found the Lord in there and I took him with me past the gates. That's why my son was twelve when I walked into his life. I raised my son just like to Father from the Old Testament. I had all these Liberal Nuts calling cops on me because they didn't like how I raised my son. Today, not one of those Liberal Parents kids graduated abd almost everyone of their kids are on probation. God is good. : ) Yah I'm a proud man who walked through Hell to stand where I stand. By the way. I run a million dollar company and have two homes and I thought I couldn't go on. Aren't moms cool? She didn't baby me just told me who I was and to fight.

2014/09/20 06:01:02