Did God realize that some people are born almost equally male and female when he wrote the bible and the restrictions on gays ?

Mr Chin 2012/08/12 23:18:29
Man created the bible and bible rules about sex
I just don't know the answer ???
Here's my best Christian answer that I can come up with
Other ??
What is AIS? (Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome) It is one of a few conditions where a person is born with male and female sexual organs. You can only image the ridicule and emotional problems they must endure through life. But what is the biblical explanation for their existence and why would God make rules in the bible against gay sex,. and make several conditions where a person is almost completely male and female. (That is unless the the Christian bible was written by men before most scientific discoveries)

I'm not saying that being born male and female is the same as being gay at all. But being that this is a physical condition where someone is born both male and female then why wouldn't an all knowing God make provisions for this type of person ??

Here is a video of a woman who was born with AIS and is about equally male and female...

• hayesml47 2012/08/13 00:30:55
    hayesml47
    +9
    Whether you believe in a God or not, the biological process that allows us to procreate is a crap shoot at best! We are what we are born to be and this should be accepted by all!

• nerak611 2012/11/13 00:21:45
    nerak611
    +1
    God's teachings were written by man, and passed on throughout time. Many have tried to twist words and meanings to make the Bible suit their own beliefs. It's funny how the very same group who preach the Old Testament as the 'word of God', don't follow through with what the rest of the Bible talk about....God is about Love. Jesus healed the sick, fed the poor, and picked a prostitute to 'hang with'. God loves us all!!!
  • Mr Chin nerak611 2012/11/13 01:23:23
    Mr Chin
    OK, no worldwide floods in the New Testament and extreme laws,. but what about Jesus's pro slavery stance in the bible though.
    Jesus
  • nerak611 Mr Chin 2012/11/13 02:11:51
    nerak611
    +1
    The Bible was a record of Jesus's teachings, recorded by man, interpreted by man.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth...

http://bible-truth.org/Princi...

http://bible.cc/luke/12-47.htm

<< Luke 12:47 >>

New International Version (©1984)
    "That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    "And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn't prepared and doesn't carry out those instructions, will be severely punished.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    And that servant who knew his master’s will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    That servant who knew what his master wanted but didn't prepare himself or do what was wanted will receive a severe beating.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    “The servant who knew the will of his master and did not prepare for him according to his w...

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth...

http://bible-truth.org/Princi...

http://bible.cc/luke/12-47.htm

<< Luke 12:47 >>

New International Version (©1984)
    New Living Translation (©2007)

English Standard Version (©2001)

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

International Standard Version (©2008)

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    “The servant who knew the will of his master and did not prepare for him according to his will, he shall be beaten many times.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    "The servant who knew what his master wanted but didn't get ready to do it will receive a hard beating.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    And that servant, who knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
    And that servant, who knew his lord's will, and made not ready, nor did according to his will, shall be beaten with many'stripes ;

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And that servant who knew the will of his lord, and prepared not himself, and did not according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Darby Bible Translation
    But that bondman who knew his own lord's will, and had not prepared himself nor done his will, shall be beaten with many stripes;

English Revised Version
    And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and made not ready, nor did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes;

Webster's Bible Translation
    And that servant who knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Weymouth New Testament
    And that servant who has been told his Master's will and yet made no preparation and did not obey His will, will receive many lashes.

World English Bible
    That servant, who knew his lord's will, and didn't prepare, nor do what he wanted, will be beaten with many stripes,

Young's Literal Translation
    'And that servant, who having known his lord's will, and not having prepared, nor having gone according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes,
  • MeiLin 2012/11/13 00:19:26
    MeiLin
    The bible says, literally, "Male and Female He created them", not male Or female.
  • Mrs. Kathy Arch 2012/09/06 13:11:05 (edited)
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +2
    Thank you for this question. AIS is a very traumatic condition for everyone involved. It isn't understood by so many people. As for the Bible, it is man's interpretation of God's word, so is imperfect, and subject to MAN'S prejudices, NOT God's. And for the record, I was born with AIS.
  • wtxwoman 2012/08/22 03:31:07
    wtxwoman
    +2
    Excellent point. I will love reading the christians' answers for this one.
  • Mr Chin wtxwoman 2012/08/22 03:44:29
    Mr Chin
    +1
    Eden Atwood who has the AIS condition is a wonderful person and beautiful, and an amazing singer. The people with conditions like this are under great pressure. The last thing that they need is pressure from religious groups,. so it's sad because that is probably exactly what they get.
  • wtxwoman Mr Chin 2012/08/22 04:09:38
    wtxwoman
    +2
    I have a cousin who had a child like that and sometime shortly after he was two, they assigned his sex. I surely hope they did the proper tests so as to know he was a boy. I have heard that he married and has several children, so I suppose they did it right.
  • Mr Chin wtxwoman 2012/08/22 04:21:28
    Mr Chin
    +2
    It's an issue that is complicated enough on it's own without strange moralists within religion. But it's good that everything worked out well. Being happy in the end,. so so important.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 13:42:53
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +2
    In answer to how Christians will answer: I am a Christian, and also one who went through AIS. There ARE some who claim to be Christian who forget the first lesson of Faith: love thy neighbor.
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 13:55:53
    wtxwoman
    +1
    In this day and age, you are a rare bird. I commend you.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 13:57:01
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    Commend me? For what?
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 16:12:41
    wtxwoman
    +1
    For practicing what you preach.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 16:14:09
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    Well, since I've been the one who has been judged by bigots, and the ignorant, I certainly don't EVER want to make anyone feel like I felt.
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 16:20:12
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I'm the same way. I became angry with my Daddy for not agreeing with me when I was five and told him I hated him. I was on pins and needles all day, and you know how long a day is to a child, until he came home from work so I could say I was sorry. I determined then that I didn't ever want to do anything to anyone that made me feel bad about myself. It was a life changing event. That decision was the cornerstone of my value system.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 16:28:17
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +1
    It usually takes one of those moments, doesn't it?
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 16:32:12
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I think I should have referred to it as a 'defining moment'. Psychology teaches that there are five defining moments in our childhood who makes us what we are. Sometimes traumatic things happen when we are adults that are 'life changing moments'. I've had several of those,too.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 16:33:14
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +1
    Yes, and how we respond to those definitely shapes us for good or ill.
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 16:37:35
    wtxwoman
    +1
    So true!
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 16:48:08
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +1
    And that goes for the positive events too!
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 18:12:11
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Absolutely. I had a couple of really good teachers and one good husband.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 18:16:50
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +1
    We always tend to focus on the negatives, so it is nice to hear the positives too!
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 18:23:39
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Yep! I really miss him. He was like a one man cheering section.
  • Mrs. Ka... wtxwoman 2012/09/06 18:36:22 (edited)
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +1
    I have one of those, and feel truly blessed! And I am sorry for your loss.
  • wtxwoman Mrs. Ka... 2012/09/06 23:19:15
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Thank you.
  • Thank you but no... 2012/08/18 16:04:22
    Other ??
    Thank you but no...
    +1
    What god?
  • Tastentier 2012/08/14 16:31:05
    Other ??
    Tastentier
    Some people are born without legs, but this doesn't mean that humanity is not a bipedal species. We don't have to edit our biology textbooks and remove every hint at human bipedal locomotion because a small minority of people is forced to use wheelchairs or walk on their hands.

The same applies to human sexuality. We are a sexually dimorphic species. The occasional phenotypic divergence from the norm doesn't challenge our definitions of sex and gender. Gender is partially cultural, but not to the point where it would be completely irrelevant. It is still very relevant in terms of reproduction and child rearing.
  • goblue1968 2012/08/14 00:01:52
    goblue1968
    +1
    Apparently something got lost in the translation between the nonexistent god and the men who wrote the Bible with the intent to control the illiterate people of their time. Maybe those men weren't even aware of such people at that time because there weren't any in their particular communities.
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/08/13 16:19:42
    I just don't know the answer ???
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    Foreign Spies Troll Gay Bars in Washington DC for National Secrets

Let's face it if you want good Intel in Washington you are going to have to pull your pants down for it, that's the way things work. Some might criticize this as problematic, although once you get the hang of it, they say it is quite an easy system. Those in the know in Washington DC have many gay friends and use these relationships to get what they need. Some are Foreign spies gaining access to secrets, while others are just making the rounds, having some good times and passing the information on to friends in high places or reporters for a few kick me downs, invitations to great parties or a few extra bucks on the side.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/29237
  • irish 2012/08/13 13:11:50
    irish
    +2
    if this god knows all,sees all,and created all,how do humans defy its wishes? god  brain  cartoons
  • NightOfTheFox 2012/08/13 07:39:41
    NightOfTheFox
    +2
    Christians suffer from Reality Insensitivity Syndrome.
  • Cliff 2012/08/13 07:21:46
    Other ??
    Cliff
    God is not surprised by anything, He knows it all from the eternal past to the eternal future. When God created the world and everything in it, he made it absolutely perfect. But then people screwed it up and that caused all the disease, suffering and death that followed. He knew we'd screw it up. He knew that before he created anything. He knew that he would have to fix it by allowing himself to be tortured to death and taking all the guilt of all the screw ups upon himself. So was God surprised at how badly people screwed up his perfect world? Hardly.
  • Clay Sl... Cliff 2012/08/13 13:02:51
    Clay Slayer
    +3
    Wrong!! If god made a perfect world, then it would be perfect,, it coulndt have been messed up,, This god Messed up when he made imperfect man... LMAO Perfection Demands perfection....
  • Cliff Clay Sl... 2012/08/13 13:59:53
    Cliff
    Typical liberal. Blame someone else for your screw ups.
  • Clay Sl... Cliff 2012/08/13 14:06:28
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    see, typical,, blame anything but your god..Yep... If this god was perfect, he would have made man perfect... it is impossible for perfection to make anything imperfect.. Therefor your God screwed Up,, In fact it did it twice if you wish to believe in the fairy tale....
  • Cliff Clay Sl... 2012/08/13 14:09:37
    Cliff
    The only way to keep people from screwing up was to take away their ability to choose. He could have made us all robot zombies. Is that your idea of perfect?
  • Clay Sl... Cliff 2012/08/13 14:13:47
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    OH NO! here we go with the fabled Free Will garbage....That is an entirely different subject... do you really want to go there... You dont have enough excuses , I am sure....You will only get angry and throw a tantrum....when I show you....
  • Cliff Clay Sl... 2012/08/13 14:23:29
    Cliff
    Go for it.
  • Clay Sl... Cliff 2012/08/13 15:42:27
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    Here is a short list for you to work on,,, All contradictions,,,,Have fun..read your bible and you will see... LMAO... 2 different stories for each event.... LMAO

Contradictions
    God good to all, or just a few?
    War or Peace?
    Who is the father of Joseph?
    Who was at the Empty Tomb?
    Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
    Which first, beasts or man?
    How many stalls and horsemen?
    Is it folly to be wise or not?
    Human vs. ghostly impregnation
    The sins of the father
    Rabbits do not chew their cud
    Snails do not melt
    Fowl from waters or ground
    Odd genetics
    The shape of the earth
    Snakes, while built low, do not eat dirt
    Earth supported?
    Heaven supported too
    The hydrological cycle
    Order of creation
    Moses' personality
    Righteous live?
    Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?
    Jesus' last words
    Years of famine
    Moved David to anger?
    The genealogy of Jesus?
    God be seen?
    Cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious or kind, merciful, and good
    Tempts?
    Judas died how?
    Ascend to heaven
    What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
    How many time did the cock crow?
    How many beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount
    Does every man sin?
    Who bought potter's field?
    Who prophesied the potter's field?
    Who bears guilt?
    Do you answer a fool?
    How many children did Michal, th...

Contradictions
    God good to all, or just a few?
    War or Peace?
    Who is the father of Joseph?
    Who was at the Empty Tomb?
    Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
    Which first, beasts or man?
    How many stalls and horsemen?
    Is it folly to be wise or not?
    Human vs. ghostly impregnation
    The sins of the father
    Rabbits do not chew their cud
    Snails do not melt
    Fowl from waters or ground
    Odd genetics
    The shape of the earth
    Earth supported?
    Heaven supported too
    The hydrological cycle
    Order of creation
    Moses' personality
    Righteous live?
    Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?
    Jesus' last words
    Years of famine
    Moved David to anger?
    The genealogy of Jesus?
    God be seen?
    Tempts?
    Judas died how?
    Ascend to heaven
    How many time did the cock crow?
    Does every man sin?
    Who bought potter's field?
    Who prophesied the potter's field?
    Who bears guilt?
    Do you answer a fool?
    How many children did Michal, the daughter of Saul, have?
    How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?
    Marriage?
    Did those with Saul/Paul at his conversion hear a voice?
    Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?
    How many apostles were in office between the resurrection and ascension?
    Judging
    Good deeds
    For or against?
    Whom did they see at the tomb?
    God change?
    Destruction of cities (what said was Jeremiah was Zechariah)
    Who's sepulchers?
    Strong drink?
    When second coming?
    Solomon's overseers
    The mother of Abijah
    When did Baasha die?
    How old was Ahaziah when he began to reign?
    The differences in the census figures of Ezra and Nehemiah
    What was the color of the robe placed on Jesus during his trial?
    What did they give him to drink?
    How long was Jesus in the tomb?
  • Cliff Clay Sl... 2012/08/13 22:50:17
    Cliff
    I thought the subject was "free will" but if you want to change the subject to "contradictions", that's fine.

Sorry, but I see no contradictions here. You are just asking a bunch of questions. If you are just baiting me to give you answers so that you can argue another answer, I'm not taking the bait. If you want me to respond, show me the contradiction first. But please, if all you want to do is argue and if you have no desire to learn, let's not waste your time or mine. Okay?

2014/10/31 15:00:22