Defenders of Lady Gaia

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/25 03:00:14

The earth is a generous mother; she will provide in plentiful abundance food for all her children if they will but cultivate her soil in justice and in peace.

provide plentiful abundance food children cultivate soil justice peace nbsp
We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect. ~Aldo Leopold
regard commodity land community begin love respect aldo leopold nbsp
We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees. — Qwatsinas (Hereditary Chief Edward Moody), Nuxalk Nation

trees qwatsinas hereditary chief edward moody nuxalk nation nbsp nbsp

When the mind sees itself in the mirror image of relationship, from that perception there is self knowledge.

nation nbsp nbsp mind sees mirror image relationship perception nbsp
He who plants a Tree loves others besides himself.
-- English proverb
image relationship perception nbsp plants tree loves english proverb nbsp
Then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all, and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world. And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.

And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father. And I saw that it was holy...
But anywhere is the center of the world.Black Elk Holy Man of Sioux

mother father holy center world black elk holy sioux nbsp
He is a link

between this and the coming world.
He is a pure spring
from which all thirsty souls may drink.
He is a tree watered by the river of beauty,
bearing fruit which the hungry heart craves;
He is a nightingale, soothing the depressed
spirit with his beautiful melodies;
He is a brilliant lamp, unconquered by darkness
and inextinguishable by the wind.
He sits upon the lap of nature to draw
his inspiration and stays up
in the silence of the night,
Awaiting the descending of the spirit.
This is the poet...

~ from, The Poet by Kahlil Gibran

inspiration stays silence descending spirit poet poet kahlil gibran nbsp
And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with love like that.
It lights up the sky.
kahlil gibran nbsp sun earth owe love lights sky nbsp

My soul is dressed with beams of light that i may serve as a beacon to those in the shadows who are seeking vision and spirit. By bringing earth closer to heaven we can all give birth to the magnificence of our own being. Ours is a journey of compassion and transformation, by breathing in the moment we cultivate spiritual wellbeing and celebrate the miracle of life. Let your global soul create a new humanity.
wellbeing celebrate miracle life global soul create humanity nbsp nbsp
The oaks and the pines, and their brethren of the wood, have seen so many suns rise and set, so many seasons come and go, and so many generations pass into silence, that we may well wonder what "the story of the trees" would be to us if they had tongues to tell it, or we ears fine enough to understand. ~Author Unknown
silence story trees tongues ears fine understand author unknown nbsp

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

An Ute Prayer

teach remember kindness dry fields weep rain ute prayer nbsp

Mother Earth laughs in flowers..Author :Ralph Waldo Emerson
prayer nbsp mother earth laughs flowers author ralph waldo emerson
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is our only hope."

earth ancient pleasing responsibility cherish remains foster renewal hope nbsp
We are caretakers of the earth and as such we must use our minds in the highest way by embracing the beauty of all living things. Hear the winds whispering words of wisdom that inspire and instill hope for a brighter tomorrow. The sunshine in our souls radiates in a way that allows each of us to light a path of heavenly wholeness. Plant seeds of love and the earth will reap a harvest of happiness and joy

wholeness plant seeds love earth reap harvest happiness joy nbsp
The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only paradise we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need,if only we had the eyes to see ... No, wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives as water and good bread.

wilderness luxury necessity human spirit vital lives water bread nbsp
So will I build my altar in the fields, And the blue sky my fretted dome shall be, And the sweet fragrance that the wild flower yields Shall be the incense I will yield to thee.-

fretted dome sweet fragrance wild flower yields incense yield nbsp
is a sacred house that I have come to,It is a sacred house that I have come to, Holaghei.Now I have come to the House of the Earth.--Navajo song

house toit sacred house holaghei house earth --navajo song nbsp

Thus you can throw yourself flat on the ground, stretched out upon Mother Earth, with the certain conviction that you are one with her and she with you. You are as firmly established, as invulnerable as she, indeed a thousand times firmer and more invulnerable. As surely as she will engulf you tomorrow, so surely will she bring you forth anew to the new striving and suffering. And not merely "some day." Now, today, every day she is bringing you forth, not once but thousands upon thousands of times, just as every day she engulfs you a thousand times over.- Erwin Schroedinger, My View of the World, 1964, p.21
times engulfs times erwin schroedinger view world 1964 21 nbsp
We must protect the forests for our children,
grandchildren and children yet to be born.
We must protect the forests for those
who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees.
Hereditary Chief Qwatsinas

thosenbsp speak birds animals fish trees hereditary chief qwatsinas nbsp
"If we are "all creatures great and small," from bacteria to whales,
part of Gaia then we are all of us potentially important to her well being.
We knew in our hearts that the destruction of a whole ranges of other species was wrong but now we know why.
No longer can we merely regret the passing of one of the great whales, or the blue butterfly, nor even the smallpox virus.
When we eliminate one of these from Earth, we may have destroyed a part of ourselves, for we also are a part of Gaia.
There are many possibilities for comfort as there are for dismay in contemplating the consequences of our membership in this great commonwealth of living things. It may be that one role we play is as the senses and nervous system for Gaia. Through our eyes she has for the first time seen her very fair face and in our minds become aware of herself.
We do indeed belong here.
The earth is more than just a home,
it's a living system and we are part of it."-

fair minds aware nbsp nbsp earth homenbsp living -nbsp nbsp
Every walk to the woods is a religious rite, every bath in the stream is a saving ordinance. Communion service is at all hours, and the bread and wine are from the heart and marrow of Mother Earth.

ordinance communion service bread wine heart marrow mother earth nbsp
Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth Unseen, both when we wake, and when we sleep.Author :John Milton

creatures walk earth unseen wake sleep author john milton nbsp

Though earth is one, the plants vary depending on the seeds sown. The womb of mother symbolizes mother earth. As is the seed of thought sown in it, so is the fruit it yields.
womb mother symbolizes mother earth seed sown fruit yields nbsp
Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.

contemplate beauty earth reserves strength endure life lasts nbsp nbsp
The Essence of gaia is in all living things, if we just open our eyes to see..
life lasts nbsp nbsp essence gaia living open eyes nbsp
Talk of mysteries! Think of our life in Nature -daily to be shown matter, to come in contact with it - rocks, trees, wind on our cheeks.The solid earth!- Henry David Thoreau

rocks trees wind cheeks solid earth- henry david thoreau nbsp
To see the earth as we now see it, small and beautifulin that eternal silence where it floats, is to see ourselvesas riders on the earth together, brothers on that brightloveliness in the unending night - brothers who see nowthey are truly brothers.-

riders earth brothers brightloveliness unending brothers nowthey brothers -nbsp nbsp
I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy. ~Hamlin Garland, McClure's, February 1899

dawn cares fall happy hamlin garland mcclures february 1899 nbsp
I look back with gladness to the day when I found the path to the land of heart's desire, and thank Fate ceaselessly with a loud voice that she did not permit town to sap all the years away while the heart was turning to wind-voices and flower-faces and the hands of kindly earth.

years heart turning wind-voices flower-faces hands kindly earth nbsp nbsp
An agricultural adage says the tiny animals that live below the surface of a healthy pasture weigh more than the cows grazing above it. In a catalogue selling composting equipment I read that two handfuls of healthy soil contain more living organisms than there are people on the earth. What these beings are and what they can be doing is difficult to even begin to comprehend, but it helps to realize that even though they are many, they work as one.- Carol Williams, Bringing a Garden to Life, 1998

helps realize work carol williams bringing garden life 1998 nbsp
When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves.

williams bringing garden life 1998 nbsp heal earth heal nbsp
It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.
hearts subtle quality air emanation trees renews weary spirit nbsp
And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything. ~William Shakespeare

tongues trees books running brooks sermons stones william shakespeare nbsp
The world is not threatened by evil people, but by those who allow evil to take place.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
world threatened evil people evil albert einstein 1879 1955 nbsp
The Universe story is the quintessence of reality. We perceive the story. We put it in our language, the birds put it in theirs, and the trees put it in theirs. We can read the story of the Universe in the trees. Everything tells the story of the Universe. The winds tell the story, literally, not just imaginatively. The story has its imprint everywhere, and that is why it is so important to know the story. If you do not know the story, in a sense you do not know yourself; you do not know anything

winds story literally imaginatively story imprint important story story nbsp
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand and we will understand only what we are taught.
story story nbsp conserve love love understand understand taught nbsp

In order the understand the nature of the All-Mother, we must first understand our own origins. Each of began our individual life as a single, fertilized cell or zygote. In the process of its innumerable divisions and multiplications, that cell kept dividing up and redistributing the very same protoplasm. That protoplasm which now courses through all of the several trillion cells of your adult body is the very same substance which once coursed through the body of that original zygote. For when a cell reproduces, the mother cell does not remain intact, but actually becomes the two new daughter cells. And this is why, no matter how many times a cell fissions in the process of embryological development, all the daughter cells collectively continue to comprise but one single organism. We may imagine that, should our cells have consciousness akin to our own, they may very well fancy themselves to be independent entities living and dying in a world that to them would seem to be merely an inanimate environment. But we know them to be in fact minute components of the far vaster living beings that we ourselves are.
Over four billion years ago, life on Earth began, as do we all, with a single living cell containing a replicating molecule of DNA. From that point on that original cell, the first to develop the awesome capacity for reproduction, divided and re-divided and subdivided its protoplasm into the myriad of plants and animals, including ourselves, which now inhabit this third planet from the Sun.
But no matter how many times a cell fissions in the process of embryological development, all the daughter cells collectively continue to comprise but one single organism. All life on Earth comprises the body of single vast living being - Mother Earth Herself. The Moon is Her radiant heart, and in the tides beat the pulse of Her blood. That protoplasm which coursed through the body of that first primeval ancestral cell is the very protoplasm which now courses through every cell of every living organism, plant or animal, of our planet. And the soul of our planetary biosphere is She whom we call Goddess/
and live a healthy lifestyle and long life Worship of Gaea Has been recorded as far back as 30,000 years -40,000 years ago
healthy lifestyle life worship gaea recorded 30000 years -40000 years
Gaia is an important idea, both as a scientific hypothesis and as a spiritual image. However, I see it as a transitional idea. It is not so much a revelation in itself as a precursor to revelation or to new insights that can come when that idea is examined and lived with and given a chance to settle into our bones. Its meaning now lies in what it can inspire us to discover about ourselves and the nature of life, in rallying our energies to meet the needs of our environment, and through these processes of discovery and healing, to become a truly planetary species, blessed in ways we can now only imagine

• Nameless 2012/04/25 03:06:14
    Nameless
    +6
    I believe that no matter what political or religious stance one takes- we all have a responsibility to care for the Earth. We have become very greedy and have plundered our home - and it is now fighting back. Each one of us needs to do what we can to make sure our home is cared for... We had to say goodbye to one of our dogs this past Friday and it was very difficult. Yesterday, in the mail, we received this cylindrical object - and inside was a conifer and a note from our veterinarian that it was in honor of Saleen - our dog. So, we will plant this tree in remembrance of her and care for it as we did her when she was with us. The only reason to not care for our Earth is selfishness...

• incensetalk 2012/10/15 01:24:09
    incensetalk
    WoW!
  • Beccy 2012/08/26 18:47:58
    Thank you for sharing this inspirational post. The pictures are breathtaking. You have much wisedom.
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/07/01 19:31:06
    Jorge Enriquez
    GReat media
    A very beautiful presentation DAW. Loved it.
  • Tori Childers 2012/06/02 04:37:59
    Tori Childers
    Great pictures.
  • Werkea 2012/05/23 21:47:25
    Werkea
    +1
    its sad that people have all the technologies to improve our living environment, instead, they use them on Wars
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/05/22 17:03:26
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    How much we learn to live and take in deeply is largely a paradigm shift between heavily politicized, abusively power hungry, rigid dogmatic thinking and pluralistic adaptive, informed, respectful orthopraxic ways.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/...

Our choices of power and concepts that feed it are at the core of all related debates or power struggles.

http://sari0009.xanga.com/559...

Our choices of power have a lot to do with how we love, actively observe, envision and respect both each other and our home, Gaia. And vice versa.

http://sari0009.xanga.com/762...

Reciprocity. How we love affects how we respect. It affects cognitive, social and ecological disconnects we do or don't have. It determines, along with the state of our education and habitual willingness to learn, how well we connect the dots and are able to apply what we know to real life situations. It affects our connectedness.

http://sari0009.xanga.com/762...

Our level of reciprocity and connectedness can greatly enable or discourage needed paradigm shifts and the various slow movements that make them happen.

http://sari0009.xanga.com/755...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/...

http://sari0009.xanga.com/559...

http://sari0009.xanga.com/762...

http://sari0009.xanga.com/762...

http://sari0009.xanga.com/755...
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/05/22 15:01:35
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    Gaia is beauty love and wisdom all in one
    thanks for all the great pics :)
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2012/05/01 20:42:12
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    This is very beautiful and well presented.
  • John Hall 2012/04/29 01:42:17
    John Hall
    great pics and a great job presenting it .
  • Fenris 2012/04/25 12:54:58
    Fenris
    +1
    LOVE the pictures!
    Two reasons why we have this massive exploitation of nature ONE is largely thank´s to the the three leading religions TWO is twisted political views BOTH off these think that the Earth belongs to them and that they have the right to exploite her!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Fenris 2012/04/25 12:55:35
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Thanks I put alot of Work into this last night
  • MissingTheO.C. 2012/04/25 12:17:13
    MissingTheO.C.
    Who is she?

Anyway, lovely pictures.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Missing... 2012/04/25 12:35:14
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Gaia is mother Earth
  • P. Sturm 2012/04/25 08:39:43
    P. Sturm
    +1
    "The earth is a generous mother; she will provide in plentiful abundance food for all her children if they will but cultivate her soil in justice and in peace."

Okay, we're screwed!!
  • Catnip 2012/04/25 08:09:20
    Catnip
    Who the heck is Gaia? And why should I defend her?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Catnip 2012/04/25 12:35:05 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Gaia is mother Earth

In Roman Mythology, the goddess of the Earth was Tellus - the fertile soil (Greek: Gaia, terra mater - Mother Earth).
  • Catnip ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/28 15:41:31
    Catnip
    thanx.
  • Sean Catnip 2012/04/25 12:36:57
    Sean
    The planet that you're living on.
  • Catnip Sean 2012/04/28 15:41:09
    Catnip
    Really? I thought it was called Earth.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Catnip 2012/04/28 15:42:21
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
  • Catnip ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/30 05:48:33
    Catnip
    Cool! Thanx for the history lesson!
  • Giantfighter 2012/04/25 05:35:14
    Giantfighter
    +1
    She is the beauty of life & mother of creation, change, growth, memories, death, rejuvenation & the future. She deserves respect & consideration. I will defend her.
  • Stormy 2012/04/25 05:33:21
    Stormy
    +2
    Perhaps the best way to care for our planet is to look very seriously at population control. The Earth is burdened with 7 billion humans. The Earth is a mother with too many children and has become tired and depleted and ill. We need to unburden her load by drastically cutting our populations back over the next hundred years, or She will do it for us. . .
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/04/25 04:29:25
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    i defend her ...
  • Sean 2012/04/25 03:52:17
    Sean
    +2
    The reason we're in the predicament we're in is because of the the monetary system, and other related economic system like barter, chattel slavery, and feudalism, and monogamy. Any system that has to be enforced causes nothing except problem, and systems based on monogamy, and the mechanics of exchange can not stand on their own, they have to be enforced.

That is what leads to the inefficient use of land and resources. Egalitarian societies use their resources ultra efficiently, and don't pollute their environment, and they have virtually none of the problems that monetary, and monogamy societies have.

What I Advocate for is a TECHNOLOGICAL egalitarian economy globally, get rid of these artificial geographical boundaries.
  • D.C. Willis 2012/04/25 03:44:49
    D.C. Willis
    +4
    Big Business is destroying the earth and the military is lending a hand. I think most of it is driven by greed.
  • Stormy D.C. Wi... 2012/04/25 05:20:00
    Stormy
    The Military industrial complex IS big business.
  • D.C. Wi... Stormy 2012/04/25 11:06:30
    D.C. Willis
    I understand that but it differs because it uses big guns to do its dirty work.
  • Ozymandias 2012/04/25 03:17:22
    Ozymandias
    +3
    "We belong to the earth; the earth does not belong to us." - Chief Seattle
    Chief Seattle
  • Pat 2012/04/25 03:15:55
    +1
    Beautiful, once again.
  • Steve 2012/04/25 03:13:31
    Steve
    The earth is nothing
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Steve 2012/04/25 03:20:56
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    Feel free to leave the Earth then
  • Steve ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/25 03:25:19
    Steve
    you don't understand nothingness.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Steve 2012/04/25 03:27:27
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    oh i do but you think the Earth is nothing so you can leave if you wish
  • Steve ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/25 03:28:18
    Steve
    if you think what i am saying is negative then you do not.
  • ☽✪☾Godd... Steve 2012/04/25 03:45:58
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +1
    Can you explain what you meant?
  • Odinsown 2012/04/25 03:08:19
    Odinsown
    +1
    Frigga, goddess and wife of Odin has given us many gifts, we should care forthe lands she watches over.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Odinsown 2012/04/25 03:10:14
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    to the Norse Gaia is known as Jord
    She is the mother of Thor and Meili, and the personification of the Earth.

Amazing how all the Pagan Pantheons have an Earth Goddess who has a son who is a Hero of mankind?
  • Odinsown ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/25 05:03:43
    Odinsown
    +1
    It is, Odin and Thor be with you friend :)

2014/04/16 04:21:36