Curiosity Finds Mars 'Teeming With UFOs': Do You Hope We Finds Signs of Life?

Fef 2012/08/26 04:53:39
NASA and JPL have released video and still pictures from the Curiosity rover on Mars. Amateur astronomers, archaeologists, UFO chasers and science buffs have analyzed the raw footage from the Red Planet. Some claim to have found ancient alien artifacts, flying saucers, space debris and dead pixels.

StephenHannardADGUK made this video of "flying saucers" by applying video filters to highlight unusual images. He says, "What are these four objects? UFOs, Dust particles, or something else? As always you decide."

MSNBC.MSN.COM reports:
According to the fringe sector of the Internet, Mars is practically teeming with aliens. Since NASA's Curiosity rover touched down on the Red Planet two weeks ago and powered up its cameras, it has already managed to photograph several alleged UFOs and other "anomalies" in the surrounding landscape.

weeks powered cameras managed photograph alleged ufos anomalies surrounding landscape

Read More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48783029/ns/technology...

• EllЕ 2012/09/22 23:23:33
    Hmm... unsure
    EllЕ
    All I see - rocks.
    Is there any measurements of the methane that can distinguish between different isotopologues?
    One of the missions of this rover is to determine if methane prodused from Martian life or from geochemical process. (if there is life below the surface)
  • EllЕ EllЕ 2012/09/22 23:35:19
    EllЕ
    PS Missions of curiosity:

Biological

(1) Determine the nature and inventory of organic carbon compounds
    (2) Investigate the chemical building blocks of life (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and sulfur)
    (3) Identify features that may represent the effects of biological processes (biosignatures)

Geological and geochemical

(4) Investigate the chemical, isotopic, and mineralogical composition of the Martian surface and near-surface geological materials
    (5) Interpret the processes that have formed and modified rocks and soils

Planetary process

(6) Assess long-timescale (i.e., 4-billion-year) Martian atmospheric evolution processes
    (7) Determine present state, distribution, and cycling of water and carbon dioxide

Surface radiation

(8) Characterize the broad spectrum of surface radiation, including galactic radiation, cosmic radiation, solar proton events and secondary neutrons
    As part of its exploration, it also measured the radiation exposure in the interior of the spacecraft as it traveled to Mars, and it is continuing radiation measurements as it explores the surface of Mars. This data would be important for a future manned mission.
  • Alex♥Adam 2012/09/08 21:19:50
    Hmm... unsure
    Alex♥Adam
    That's cool news (: But looks pretty fake...
    As the article says, flying saucers are rather dead pixels in the rover's CDD Cameras, video filters turn dead pixels into larger bigger ones ( as an editor myself, I totally agree with it ) etc etc. The creature looks more like a rock to me lol - Why we see a face in it can be also because of the human tendency to always find shapes and patterns in an object.
    So I'm not keeping up my hopes high, although I do believe in aliens and stuff - to prove it we obviously need tougher evidence. And besides, seeing the money spent on these things and the condition of financially challenged countries - I think it's not safe to start an expedition now.
  • EllЕ Alex♥Adam 2012/09/22 23:38:53
    EllЕ
    Inkblot. ))
  • Dawnati... EllЕ 2013/08/05 08:29:56
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    What.. your mind?
  • Dawnati... Alex♥Adam 2013/08/05 08:29:25
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    Well too late because they already have Loooong ago. Why do you people always take at face value whatever the system tells you?? Sad really
  • schjaz 2012/08/27 16:14:54
    schjaz
    why not?
  • No
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    By my answer I meant Life on a technological level. After the Heavy Bombardment stopped, Mays have had oceans but it's magnetic field faded quickly & is not massive enough to keep water vapor, nitrogen or oxygen from escaping with the Solar Wind so any life that formed may have only evolved up to procaryotic cells at best.
    As for the 'artifacts' on the images received, they're likely just 'noise'. I'm familiar with the 'Edge Enhancement' technique but that's only for emulsion film. On digital images, it's just 'Garbage In, Garbage Out' figments of the imagination much like the Vikings' 'Face on Mars' myth of the 70's.
    With recent news of 'cell-like vesicles sans DNA' found in a 'Red Rain' in India recently, this may lend support to the Panspermia or Exogenesis hypothesis that complex organic compounds formed in comets that got close enough to the Sun (or other stars) to catalyze formation of them and then later impact on Mars, Earth & the Icy Jovian Moons and in thermal zones or open sunlight to evolve with what particular condition these bodies can provide.
    If I can conjecture this scenario with only a Year's College in 1980, hopefully the engineers who designed Curiosity would consider these factors in mind for designing the bio-detection equipment aboard.
    It may take a future probe (or even men) with excavating abilities before absolute proof for Life can be confirmed. I'm CERTAIN it's there.
  • Phil Young ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/10/12 19:53:50
    Phil Young
    +3
    I've been following the curiosity photos for some time, but they are getting more extraordinary every day. Noise simply cannot explain the items in these photos, and there are dozens more with great detail.
    image M0064MR0285044000E1_DXXX jpg 0064MR0285033000E1_DXXX jpg 0064MR0285006000E1_DXXX jpg
  • Phil Young Phil Young 2012/10/12 20:02:42
    Phil Young
    +1
    And after seeing this photos from Sol55
    0055MR0253007000E1_DXXX.jpg
    I became convinced that the rover had failed during landing and was being faked by a rover here on earth, probably in the area where they tested nuclear weapons in the 50's.
    there is too much debris that is completely human in origin.
    Toothbrush, Golf clubs, and remnants of furniture.
    Terrestrial Debris
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Phil Young 2012/10/12 21:31:08
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    I don't see anything, guess there's collective magical thinking running rampant.
    Same story with the Voyager "face" 35 years ago.
  • Dawnati... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2013/08/05 08:35:35
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    Actually the problem is collective COMA
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Dawnati... 2013/08/05 15:32:15
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    Is that an acronym? Only one I could find online is 'constantly on my arse', which I don't think applies here. Seen your additional pictures and they still look like rocks.

Wishful Thinking on your part?
  • Ol'Dave 2012/08/27 02:29:59
    Hmm... unsure
    Ol'Dave
    +1
    I 'smell' a HOAX!!!!
  • Dawnati... Ol'Dave 2013/08/05 08:31:53
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    I smell a sheep!
  • Wanderer 2012/08/26 19:14:40
    Wanderer
    Positive proof would be a great thing to find and I've watched footage many times of what's believed to be UFO's, even the astronauts that have participated in the past are insure of what it was they actually witnessed although they do seem sure that it could be nothing but intelligent life.
  • BILL 2012/08/26 17:24:42
    BILL
    It would really be interesting, But I think that the money spent on Mars Exploration would be better spent here at home first fighting poverty and hunger, Take care of the people first play in space later
  • snipe BILL 2012/08/26 19:25:18
    snipe
    +2
    We've spent about $9 trillion in the last 40 years on the War on poverty, some estimates are $10 trillion. I think we need a new plan.
  • BILL snipe 2012/08/27 21:29:30
    BILL
    Wouldn't Hurt do you have one, but remember if you have a plan that will work, by the time the Politicians get done with it, it will be a useless piece of crap, like everything else they touch
  • Dawnati... BILL 2013/08/05 08:43:12
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    Why do we keep looking to criminals for plans?
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Dawnati... 2013/08/05 15:34:44
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    We hang the petty thieves but appoint the great ones to office — Aesop

It's a HUMAN thing, look up the 1st Principle
  • Marvelo... BILL 2012/09/01 04:42:50
    Marvelous Wildfire
    I know of nothing that is a greater incentive to better one's self than hunger.

For those that *CAN'T* work to better themselves, there is plenty of help avalible, once the deadbeats are removed.
  • BILL Marvelo... 2012/09/03 20:05:08
    BILL
    There will always be Hunger as long as those in control aren't hungry, and could care less about the rest of the population
  • Marvelo... BILL 2012/09/03 22:55:53
    Marvelous Wildfire
    There will always be poor.
    However in the USA, there is very little actual *HUNGER*.
    Welfare removes the incentive to improve one's situation, while making the poor less and less willing to *WORK* to change their situation, while growing ever complacent in their situation they will stay willing to vote Democrat.

"The best way to help the poor is to make them uncomfortable in their poverty"
    -Thomas Jefferson
  • BILL Marvelo... 2012/09/06 21:24:05
    BILL
    +1
    and just how can you shame the Shameless
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Marvelo... 2013/08/05 15:47:20
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    It's called 'Learned Helplessness'. Don't know about down there but a employable welfare recipient only gets $175/mo.AFTER rent (max $375, any more is taken out of the comfort allowance). So it's likely those who are on it long-term do criminal activity to supplement their living.

Also a kind of trap, how can any (normal) feed, clothe & transport themselves (no bus pass given) of a decent appearance to find work with that? They can only be on it 1 out of 3 years here too and, like unemployment insurance, show proof that they're looking for work

Fact is that most of such are only the rolls briefly, it's the career parasites that are a problem, single mothers take up 75% of the entire budget for that here
  • Dawnati... Marvelo... 2013/08/05 08:33:53
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    By deadbeats you mean unwilling slaves? Iof ypou actually think "deadbeats" are the problem..then you sir...need to go to the back of the class...back of the line...and eject yourself out of this conversation.
  • Marvelo... Dawnati... 2013/08/05 15:09:52
    Marvelous Wildfire
    No, you need to get a real education; the deadbeats I speak of are those that are in their situation due to actions (or inaction) on their own part.
    This is caused by a life of making foolish lifestyle decisions.

The only "unwilling slaves" are those forced to support the deadbeats.
  • Dawnati... Marvelo... 2013/08/05 08:43:57
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    How is slavery bettering oneself?
  • Marvelo... Dawnati... 2013/08/05 15:10:49
    Marvelous Wildfire
    Slavery is being forced by Government to support the deadbeats.
  • Dawnati... BILL 2013/08/05 08:42:39
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    You fell for the con...it doesnt take money to grow food it takes EARTH AND SEEDS.
  • Marvelo... Dawnati... 2013/08/05 15:12:34
    Marvelous Wildfire
    More than "EARTH AND SEEDS", it takes a WILLINGNESS to WORK.
    Welfare kill that willingness.
  • paul 2012/08/26 16:51:48
    paul
    +1
    Yes ...as long as they don't expect foreign aid from us. aliens in welfar line care package
  • Dawnati... paul 2013/08/05 08:44:47
    Dawnatilla the Hun
    You disgust me.
  • Lester 2012/08/26 16:17:54
    Lester
    Finding something is more interesting than finding nothing.
  • Matt 2012/08/26 16:00:04
    Matt
    +2
    We have enough invasive species and exotic diseases already.
    mars funny
  • ladyfyre 2012/08/26 13:52:48
    ladyfyre
    +2
    Hopefully not, earth politicians don't need any more options for war or conquest, they create enough problems for one planet.
  • moomoof 2012/08/26 13:52:22
  • Cthulhu 2012/08/26 13:51:30
    Cthulhu
    +1
    Looks like they have some nice pictures of more rocks.

There may have been life there long ago.

If we can find water nearby, we might bring life back to the planet one day.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Cthulhu 2013/08/05 15:53:49
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    We now know that there's still water trapped within Mars, many of our ancient bacteria can encyst themselves during droughts.

But, there is one location on Mars where water can exist in liquid form out in the open, the plain of Hellas, why don't they send a probe to explore river valleys leading into it?

2014/08/23 09:45:27