Criss Angel: antichrist or just an ordinary illusionist?

아만다 ♥ AMANDA 2009/08/11 05:19:32
Antichrist... Trying to pull us all in with his Satanic powers and take over the world before Jesus comes back.
Just an ordinary guy making a living doing what he loves to do... ILLUSIONS!
I have no clue!
There are many people out there who are fans of Criss Angel and there are many people out there who never want to see him again.

Most of the people who never want to see him again make some type of a statement that involves Criss Angel being the Antichrist.

A lot of the fans (aka "The Loyals") will tell you how great he is and how amazing he is.

What do you think.? I would really love to know what people think about this based on what they know about Criss Angel.

* Here is a link to a website that shows a comparison of Criss Angel to the Antichrist:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20...

* Here is a recent quote from Criss Angel to Larry King on Larry King Live about an incident that had happened on the show "Phenomenon:"
"no one has the ability, that I'm aware of, to do anything supernatural, psychic, talk to the dead. And that was what I said I was going to do with Phenomenon. If somebody goes on that show and claims to have supernatural psychic ability, I'm going to bust [him] live and on television."

• Toxic_Innocence 2014/07/14 21:08:02 (edited)
    Toxic_Innocence
    I know this comment is almost 5 years later than when the question was posted, but it caught my attention nonetheless and I always take the chance to state my opinion of

Criss Angel. I've never gotten the people who claim that he's "satanic" or that he's the "anti-Christ." Whenever I hear someone say that I can't help but laugh as it is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard. Just because his illusions are a bit freakier and he does a lot of terrifying, death-defying stunts does not mean he's "sold his soul" or that he's a "satan preacher."(I've seen someone call him this before) He's just an extraordinary illusionist who's very unique and who isn't afraid to push the envelope. He brings something new and exciting to the art of illusion. I've seen him perform live twice and he hasn't disappointed me either time. If anything, I'd say he'd be more of a real life angel than a satanic being. He's always helping out and donating to charities and he's even won an award from the Make a Wish Foundation for being the most helpful and generous celebrity. He's such an amazing and caring person, I don't see how anyone could accuse him of being the "anti-Christ." I love him more than words can express and I am proud to call myself a Loyal. He's crazy(in a good way), unique, amazing and downright sexy!

Criss Angel Recent

Criss Angel Believe

criss angel
  • icecamel 2010/12/23 08:15:39
    I have no clue!
    icecamel
    I just want to state that the reason I chose "I have no clue!" is because I am not here to judge anyone.

I read through this thread tonight after watching a few episodes of Mindfreak on Hulu. I think what Chriss does is amazing and is great entertainment. Although after watching the third episode and noticing that he was refering to his abilities as miracles it got me thinking. Why would someone who claims he believes in god and wears a cross around his neck start refering to what he does as miracles.

As soon as this thought process crossed my mind it remided me of some lyrics by a band I listened to years ago by the name of Overkill in their song "God-Like" off of the album "The Killing Kind". The few lyrics im refering to is " I'm your full blown blue eyed devil, its my nature to decieve. You're the perfect lost example, with a need to believe"

The other option is possibly he is inspired by God. None of us can prove that he isn't.

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth
  • 아만다 ♥ A... icecamel 2010/12/26 11:31:07
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    Thanks. That is nice.
    It's interesting.
    For the longest time I never thought of him as anything other than some hot illusionist guy who inspires me to pieces. I admire his work. So much that I wanted to be into magic for a while.
    But there were some things that a few people pointed out that got me thinking.
    However, I don't think I should get upset about it or anything. Because he hasn't really done any "magic" or spoke out of the ordinary outside of his work like on interviews. So, I think some people are just too, over the edge about him and several other people. haha.

Thanks. ^^
  • Live_for_music 2009/08/11 14:28:49
    Live_for_music
    +1
    Just an illusionist, and a hot one at that... ordinary guy living loves illusions illusionist hot
    anyone who thinks he is the antichrist is just looking to cause problems and arguments
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Live_fo... 2009/08/12 04:20:29
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    OH HECK YEAH... Totally stinking HOT!! haha
  • Live_fo... 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/12 16:29:01
    Live_for_music
    hello... right???? XD
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Live_fo... 2009/08/13 22:07:22
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    LOL yeag
  • Poet003 2009/08/11 12:24:35
    Poet003
    I doubt this man is the anti-christ .Hes probably just a
    major sceptic.If he does'nt believe in pychics then
    some Wiccans probably hate him too.Although many
    Wiccans probably think everyone is somewhat pychic.
    From what you say of him he reminds me of Harry
    Houdini that was probably his idol.
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Poet003 2009/08/12 04:25:23
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    +1
    Yeah. He is a huge fan of Harry Houdini. He actually took a lot of Harry Houdini's stunts and tricks and had modified them and improved them in a modern way.

I really love how he performs. I like to observe and evaluate the things he does when he performs. I must say that it is a type of art... At least from my point of view... reguardless of whether other people think he is a terrible actor or not. haha.
  • Ambert 2009/08/11 06:52:35
    I have no clue!
    Ambert
    What the heck Amanda, he's an illusionist but that is creepy!!!
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Ambert 2009/08/11 06:54:20
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    AMBER... I know. I just want to see what other people say. OH NO!! I didn't make you think that he was the antichrist did I? haha? You know he's not.
  • Ambert 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 06:55:10
    Ambert
    Is he?hmmm
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Ambert 2009/08/11 06:59:09
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    No. He isn't. Dork. haha
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Ambert 2009/08/11 06:59:53
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    Scroll down to see the invisble rope stunt by those kids who pretend to pull a rope across the road.
  • Ambert 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 07:16:37
    Ambert
    woo
  • Nurse Ammy 2009/08/11 05:41:52
    Nurse Ammy
    But... he's a trickless magician D<
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Nurse Ammy 2009/08/11 05:47:31
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    Boo! He is awesome.

:P
  • Nurse Ammy 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 05:55:14 (edited)
    Nurse Ammy
    Lemme get this straight... Criss made this one trick where he stayed in a box... and he's not going to eat.

He freaking STAYED in a BOX... he's not going to eat...

That's not magic, that's living in the projects D<
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Nurse Ammy 2009/08/11 05:59:46
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    haha... Is that the one where he was seeing what it would feel like to be secluded from people and such for so many hours and stuff? He kind of "documented" his feelings and such? I can't remember which one... but anyway, it is all part of a stunt... It is just something to attract people and get them involved and apparently it worked because many people show up to his events. haha.
  • Nurse Ammy 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 06:01:46
    Nurse Ammy
    Bleck... Still, that's living in the projects xD
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Nurse Ammy 2009/08/11 06:54:40
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    Welll... haha... That is a funny little joke. hehe
  • ubiquitous_tergiversation 2009/08/11 05:38:13 (edited)
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    He's not an illusionist, most of his "tricks" are staged and done with camera editing and professional phony bystanders.

It's no more magic than what you see on any movie or tv show with special effects. Plus he spells his name wrong.
  • 아만다 ♥ A... ubiquit... 2009/08/11 05:52:21
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    An illusionist is one who performs illusions (aka magician, wizard, etc..).
    An il·lu·sion (-lzhn)
    n.
    1.
    a. An erroneous perception of reality.
    b. An erroneous concept or belief.
    2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
    3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.
    4. Illusionism in art.
    5. A fine transparent cloth, used for dresses or trimmings.

Criss Angel... no matter how he performs his tricks has manged to change most people's perceptions/concepts/beliefs... he has made us think something was happeneing when it really wasn't he IS an illusionist.

Besides... Criss will even tell you that there is no such thing as actual psychic powers and such... here is an actual quote from Criss on Larry King Live earlier this year about the show Phenomenon... "no one has the ability, that I'm aware of, to do anything supernatural, psychic, talk to the dead. And that was what I said I was going to do with Phenomenon. If somebody goes on that show and claims to have supernatural psychic ability, I'm going to bust [him] live and on television."
  • ubiquit... 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 06:27:31 (edited)
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    I guess my point is that Criss Angel is a really bad illusionist, whose method is to use tricks which are so cheap and obvious people refuse to believe he would stoop to that level. "It couldn't just be camera editing could it? He wouldn't do something that lame would he?" Yes, he would, that's how he does all his tricks.

He is not a clever or talented person like some illusionists, who can actually pull off powerful illusions without camera tricks. The people responsible for Angel's tricks are his editors, and his stooges. All he does is (poor) acting, in a show which people are made to believe is real but which is just as edited as any fictional TV show. All his tricks are done the same exact way... stooges and editing, stooges and editing, stooges and editing.
  • 아만다 ♥ A... ubiquit... 2009/08/11 06:58:28
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    HAHA CHEAP! haha... That is hilarious.

Well... apparently whatever he does and however he does it is awesome because he has so many fans out there who admire his work. Not all of it is camera editing and he wouldn't be that lame.

Apparently he is that talented and clever, because many people believe a lot of the stuff he does.

Also, he is a great actor... especially compared to David Blaine. By they way... he also does stage magic (without the use of camera editing).

So, no.... all of his tricks aren't done the same way.
  • ubiquit... 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 07:57:10 (edited)
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    Just because a lot of people like him doesn't mean he's good, people are stupid. A majority of people literally believe an invisible man created the universe in seven days.

Maybe I should reserve my judgment until I've seen his stage stuff. I've only seen a couple episodes of his show, and all the acts I saw on there were clearly edited/staged.
  • 아만다 ♥ A... ubiquit... 2009/08/11 08:42:07
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    Are you sure you weren't watching this guy: watching guy ?

Because he is super terrible. Criss even spoofed on him. It was hilarious. haha.

By the way... I am one who believes that "an invisible man created the universe in seven days." Actually... I don't know what kind of force or being may have created us and I don't know why we have a reason for living... I just feel/know that their is something out there... For now I am accepting Jesus and God. It seems about right for me. =/
  • ubiquit... 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 09:18:36
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    Blaine sucks too. =P
  • 아만다 ♥ A... ubiquit... 2009/08/12 04:28:08
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    Totally. I loved when Criss Spoofed on him... because David really acts like the way Criss portrayed David to be.
  • Tiger Annie. AMERICAN. . w... 2009/08/11 05:29:26
    Tiger Annie.  AMERICAN. . waving the flag!
    Criss is not the anti-Christ NObama is. Mystery solved.
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Tiger A... 2009/08/11 05:35:38
  • Bob-chicka-wow-wow 2009/08/11 05:28:50
    Bob-chicka-wow-wow
    he annoys me, well all magicians do
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Bob-chi... 2009/08/11 05:35:52
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    +1
    aww why is that so?
  • Bob-chi... 아만다 ♥ A... 2009/08/11 05:37:32
    Bob-chicka-wow-wow
    they always seem just so full of themselves. so they bug me
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Bob-chi... 2009/08/11 05:52:51
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    +1
    Aww... but it is just part of his act. Now David Blaine on the other hand... BLAH! haha
  • Raindropkitten™~the author ... 2009/08/11 05:28:22
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    He does magic...here is the key word...tricks. Nothing evil about that. Some people are just so ignorant they forget to use their brains.
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Raindro... 2009/08/11 05:38:54
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    YEP!
    Check this out... people are so fooled by today's world that two kids can pull a funny stunt... haha... It is "The Invisible Rope."

• Your friendly neighborhood ... 2009/08/11 05:26:18
    Your friendly neighborhood stalker
    Just an illusionist. The antichrist is supposed to be less obvious. lol
  • 아만다 ♥ A... Your fr... 2009/08/11 05:39:08 (edited)
    아만다 ♥ AMANDA
    +1
    haha TRUE! I always heard that the antichrist was also supposed to be a church going kind of guy who tries to influence people that he is jesus.
  • kimmpossiable 2009/08/11 05:22:37
    kimmpossiable
    he is amazing..hard to even find words to expalin how awesome he is..beyond wow

2014/09/16 21:34:24